Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. (25489 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by madfind: 11:49am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
I promise to be very brief.
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?
is she handy cap? If not why isn't she working U married a lazy creature
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:49am On Mar 04
Firstly.....in marriage , expect anything!!!!!

A rich man gets insulted from the Wife that the Burgati the husband bought at a whooping sum of $250,000 does not have a good horn compared to the one her neighbor's husband or friend bought for her friend .....

Likewise a yet to get rich or comfortable man....cheei....his own is too much, your wife has many things to insult the man with ....

What am I saying?.....Read what I said at the beginning....

I have said it here, that in Marriage, a man puts God firstly then himself before the Wife comes ...

Don't think your wife is all you have, no way, she may disappoint you...

Don't think your wife understands and can endure, one day she will burst like a balloon ....

Just focus on God, this marriage is between you and your God....call on your God before you call on your Wife for any understanding or help...

This was how our fore fathers and fathers gained respect from their Wives, they always wake up in the morning to meet their God in prayers even before the Wife serves them food...

But this generation of Men have abandoned their God and embraced love and romance which does at the altar of needs and responsibility in marriage....

Seat down like a man, have a heart to heart talk with God, tell him to make provisions for you so that the woman you asked him to give you will stop insulting you....

He will direct your path if you have not treated your Wife badly....but first go for repentance prayers if you have ....

Please don't think of beating her , or discussing your situation with her parents or your own parents, .....that's the beginning of more insults from even her parents or yours ..lols

Carry your cross Bro with God by your side, he will enlarge your coast....

Whenever your wife starts to insult you or cause intense moods, pls if you are a Christian , start singing Gospel songs of encouragement, it has helped men a lot to calm down and the woman to look like Satan before you two....lols

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by jeromestarks: 11:50am On Mar 04
She's right. You should have settled well before looking for a pvssy.

Here is my advice, send her way. If you can't, live with her and swallow all the paains and shame. After all, only 3 out of 50 married men are happy.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Kaido: 11:50am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?
My parents this...my parents that. Mehn fvck that sh!t. It seems you living for your parents and not fo you.

Nigga, your father got married when women were more contented and life was simpler.

You have to sit your wife down and shove some hard truths to her. Include her getting a fvcking job to support you.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Zooposki(f): 11:51am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
seems like u married liability woman.
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by geokay777(m): 11:51am On Mar 04
Run go where,,, it's forever together, only that you didn't look well before you leap, gone are those days when men is solely responsible for financial obligations in marriage, now it's the 2 parties coming together to shoulder the responsibilities, imagine no children yet o

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Manuel2000(m): 11:51am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!
. Man, you are sleeping you need to wake up. Don't be too comfortable. You are MAN. God will help you. (Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!) - it is good but not perfect.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by RepoMan007: 11:53am On Mar 04
Nagging wife.

There is a proverb in bible about trying out a tree when you hava a naging partner.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Truvelisback(m): 11:53am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

Is she not working?
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by CaptainFM1: 11:54am On Mar 04
How can you allow yourself to be so blinded by love?
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by BlackyOne: 11:57am On Mar 04
You're young & already married in this economy, not only married but still legally hustling to provide for yourself and family, that's a sign that you're responsible and not lazy.

Please get sensible people she respect a lot speak to her about current realities and also impress on them the need for her to get a job and support you too.

You'll have to speak with your parent and her own parent, and make them understand how you're trying your best despite all negatives.

She's probably still very young and most of her TV/Media female celeb and pears are large on hookup and influencing her with promiscuously fake life, so OLOSHO STILL DEY YOUR WIFE EYE.

you have to try and make her FEAR & LOVE GOD too, otherwise you have married what will kill you!

MR. IBU, SAINT OBI, EMEKA IKE etc just to mention a few Nollywood celeb that were destroyed by their wives.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by omoredia: 11:58am On Mar 04
My brother leave that home and go and hustle. If it's to pass desert better do. A man without dignity is just as good as a dead man

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Privatepart00: 11:58am On Mar 04
shocked shocked shocked

Why did you get married in the first place?
This narration is like a comical relief.

“Who finds a wife, find a good thing?”
Why hasn’t your situation turned around?
When the kids start coming, wahala ooo.
With this renewed shege economy you are in for a long ride.
Nagging liability wife will push you to armed robbery.
Was she blind when she married you?
Didn’t she know your status before planning for her wedding?
Teaching work in secondary school is like slavery especially if is private owned.

Still reading....

I am unmarried yet but I don’t envy you or anybody that’s married.

Cc: AkporsMechanical

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by sanya4good(m): 11:59am On Mar 04
Why can't your wife fetch water by herself for her use at least. Is she pregnant presently?
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Itiskdg121(m): 11:59am On Mar 04
The truth is women can disrespect you even if you are rich (go and read about billionaires' stories) , but women likes comfort and they like to brag about their husband among their peers/friends.
May you find favour to finance your family brother.
Also, encourage your wife to get herself busy, it's very important.
This time will also pass.
AkporsMechanical:

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by 1gbdata: 12:00pm On Mar 04
Sorry
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by AllahOfBlood: 12:01pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

to be sincere with you, you are sounding less of man.
find your wife something to do.
change ur job or look for a little business and start. private teaching job is the modern day slavery and you cant make anything out of it if you continue it that way.
stop talking about divorce at this time or calling ur parents. its true ur wife loves you and want u to sit up

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Easyincome24: 12:01pm On Mar 04
@OP more than 50% of married men usually meet themselves in the middle of the unknown like this in marriage especially if you were raised without a silver spoon.

Most of that statistics end up divorcing owing to the incapacitated financial role of the so called man.

Even those whose wives are working or earning, it's not different.

Now you are here, WHAT'S THE WAY OUT?

1) Don't send her away, unless you are ready for another issue. You both will lose the love taste due to separation even when you later make it within few months.

2) Sit her down, assure her you are taking a drastic step to make things better this time.

3) If she can work, try to find her a job perhaps it could be teaching or anything she likes. But let her know she would wait a little while if such would involve investment into a business of her choice.

4) Make sure you are writing everything down, women like to see actionable plans at times not just words of mouth.

5) You especially need to up your earning skill. You are everything wrong in this scenario. WHY? You are a low income earner and you know the responsibilities you are cushioning as you explained in your writeup. Both of you can't be poor and expect something magical to happen. NO WAY!

6) TO WORK MORE ON YOURSELF- Since you are a teacher, try to make YOUTUBE videos on particular subject matters you are GOOD at. Start with what you have FIRST. Others will fall in place. It's a code of conduct in the school of Excellence. Don't stop whatever you are currently doing despite. Time management is what you need here.

7) Let no day goes without feeding the YouTube channel with topics and subjects. If you don't know how to set it up, just a Google or YouTube video will help. I shouldn't doubt your communication skills since you are already a teacher.

cool Get one or two of the best YouTube videos on Facebook ads. Also do post them on your social media. See people's reviews of your work. Max you spend at times is 2k-5k for a week depending on how you set the analytics. See don't say it's hard, your enemy here is POVERTY, punch the stuff out of its life. Everything is online, get up and prove you are a man.

9) Here is the gold-mine: You may be lucky to get approved for earning but the target is to get more clients who need you to teach their kids on those subjects. And that's where you charge a good price. As a YouTuber, any client who needs you personally in their homes pays a good fortune. Don't get me wrong, things may not go as planned but you ain't gonna be the same.

10) When you master this skill many other ideas will come in. But don't forget the little you make afterwards, try to use it to fix the issues in the home. Then fulfill part of your tactical discussion with your wife.

You have two choices in all of these, fight to win, or fight to lose. In either way, you still have to fight. So choose what type of battle you want to embark on.

Don't forget all this won't work without the ultimate PLANNER which is GOD. The principles above can work for atheist or believers but one thing single them out, who gat you back at every point you reach.

Auf Weidersehen!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by henrimoto(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
... You get mouth to tell your fellow man that " he is not man enough" ....because your wife takes the larger responsibilities more than you at home. ..Your head dey swell. You show be ashamed of your self for what you wrote up there.

The day your wife head go spark for you, you go learn to humble yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Pastev1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04
Bros, it's normal everywhere, remember the Timaya Song that says ''WHEN MONEY NO DEY'' Right Now She is Helping You To Think Outside The Box. Don't Think of Running neither Give Any Thought Of Divrcing Her. Engage Her With Petty Business, Engage Your Self With Trusted Group Contributions with within Your Plae of Work or so. Prioritize You Need, Separate Your Want from Your Need, Discussed Every Step With Her. Make Her Feel Belonging! God Bless and Keep Your Home Safe!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by victorVIC1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04
When you advise Young men out there not to let anyone pressure them into marriage, they assume you don't want their progress. At the age of 27, I was already under serious pressure from both colleagues and friends to get married. They probably assumed I was doing quite okay.
I knew I was not in the right place to nurture a family in the level of decency that I desired. It took me 3 more years before I made the move. When my parents in law visited my apartment one week after my wedding, they were confident that their daughter was in safe hands.

Though you don't need to acquire heaven and earth before getting married but make sure you are comfortable enough to adequately cater for the responsibilities that accompany marriage cos when suffering show, even your fiancée wey dey tell you say na little begining go change am for you

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Fairview1: 12:03pm On Mar 04
Nsogbu!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by OZIOGU1: 12:04pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?

Most men don't marry their friend.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by abimbola74(m): 12:06pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
Dupe tie. You are just lucky brother , doesn’t mean he isn’t man enough , pray your wife doesn’t show u pepper for a day 😂😂, baba forget about being an alpha male oo Aswear

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by SyndyB(m): 12:06pm On Mar 04
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by drlateef: 12:07pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?

Women get mouth. Later they will be regretting what they said. Many times they don’t really mean what they are saying. It is a way to harass you to get what they want. Call it emotional blackmail and you are right.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by tuzle(m): 12:08pm On Mar 04
I don't pray my phone spoils for now because phone self is no longer cheap in market. Only buy what u think will be important for u guys and try to save more to improve the family. Those blaming the guy for marrying, didn't the woman see that he couldn't take care of her before marrying him too.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by TenQ: 12:08pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

As a marriage councillor,
There are a lot wrong with you and your wife.
1. Does she know exactly how much you earn?
If you keep her in the dark about this, he bill will go through the roof
2. Are you into an cooperative organisation?
It is important to join one for the purpose of purchasing assets you need. To matter how small, let some savings go into your cooperative savings.
3. How much do you need to transport yourself to work and back plus a little change to buy occasional treats for your wife and monthly haircut?
You must allow you wife to know this information

4 Finally, give her your total remaining Salary after these deductions!
She will now be responsible for every other things in the house with this money.
She will stop asking you for more money because she knows you have given her all

I kniw that it is difficult to get jobs but encourage her to find something doing!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by NoToPile: 12:09pm On Mar 04
The major challenge here is that you can't really provide the basics.

At least a man should be able to pay rent even if na face me face you.
Feed the family
School fees
And afford other major expenses.

No rent and you guys are having it this tough already.

Saving to buy curtain, TV and other things.

These are things a single man or a man planning to get married saves money to buy not an already married man.

Even church marriage committees demand you have at least a decent room with bed a decent livable space, cooking utensils.

Try and get alternative means of income or online tutoring or something to improve your earning power.

You are married already so....
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by goggle48: 12:10pm On Mar 04
My bro take heart,he dat find wife find good things ND obtain favour but seems it sour now just work on ur self ND think hw to double or triple ur income.with ur little salary.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by jaxxy(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

This is very easy. Is ur nagging and highly entitled wife wlnot working or doing business? why isn't that lazy woman working yet trying take u commit suicide or run from home?

see u are not doing so well but u are doing something and for sm1 still taking care of his younger siblings u are doing alot infact I give u thumbs up and hope u get a break through from this level and struggles but u see that liabilty of a woman u call a wife? u must go far from.her for ur sanity.

Cut off anything thst takes away ur peace immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Spice Up Your Marriage And Also Prevent Divorce / As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage / Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child Abroad After 30 Years Of Barrenness. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.