Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. (25361 Views)

Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Adedaniel211(m): 8:53am On Mar 04
Na everybody get he own problem, abeg sir ,carry ur cross..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Esthered: 9:30am On Mar 04
Acidosis:

What were you trying to build? The basic thing for a marriage is an apartment and you never had one in your name.

Two available options here:

1. You guys need to separate for a while. You're clearly not ready for marriage. You're not even qualified to be a "bachelor" yet. You're still in your early phase, so if I were you, I will return to my parents home and build my savings. I'm not posting this to hurt your feelings. But that's the truth; a truth I would personally embrace.

2. Hang on and continue hoping for a breakthrough. This is the version you'll most likely hear across different religious setting, but have it in mind that 90% of the people who relied on hope ended up with generational poverty. Like the US lottery, nothing is guaranteed.

Please explain the bolded egbon.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Acidosis(m): 9:36am On Mar 04
Esthered:

Please explain the bolded egbon.

Haha... The dictionary meaning of a bachelor is typically a man who has never been married.

But I used the word in that context to mean a single man perfectly and financially suited to live independently in his own apartment or home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Esthered: 10:39am On Mar 04
Acidosis:

Haha... The dictionary meaning of a bachelor is typically a man who has never been married.

But I used the word in that context to mean a single man perfectly and financially suited to live independently in his own apartment or home.

I now understand your context.
I think some guys feel suited for marriage based on age which I believe the OP falls into.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by DJMix2025: 11:29am On Mar 04
Always pray and get your wife some thing doing now you need download this dj mix www. Naijadjmixtape. Com/happy-home-wedding-songs-gospel-dj-mix
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by CheedyJ(m): 11:29am On Mar 04
Now una dey rush marry na. It's only one's mother who can love unconditionally and it's not even All mothers sef .u never get funds una go dey marry, na wa

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by gift2xl: 11:30am On Mar 04
Let her find something doing, most of our women see marriage as were they come to relax and leave the work to the men.

I have observe one wrong notion in women, when the man is alive they leave everything to the man. But once the man dies or is no more, you see them huzzling hard to train their children and put food on the table.

Then I began to asked why not use that same strength when the man was alive or around to build with him rather you left the whole load for one man.

13 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by jaxin119: 11:33am On Mar 04
Your problem is money and to address that you have to quit that teaching job. Look for 20k and take a professional course in HSE 1,2,3. Then COOK your CV afterwards and start applying for safety officer role in medium size companies. This is a simple model of how to change your job and your life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by StraightGaay: 11:33am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
seems like u married liability woman.
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!
Give it time, she would soon, if you keep lazying around

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by opeekiti: 11:33am On Mar 04
Any love that is not fuel with money is a useless one, any marriage without money is as good as living with your known enemy. Don't take any woman as a wife if your pocket is not large, it will surely end in regret. No matter how God fearing she is, if you don't have money she will frustrate you till you die

12 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by cucumbar: 11:35am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
I promise to be very brief.
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?
who say make you go marry when you are not ready?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Popeonah(m): 11:35am On Mar 04
You should have settled down before marriage and you married a log of wood, liability.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by EgusiSoup: 11:35am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?

Marriage is not for everybody. If its not working, you both stop deceiving yourselves and officially divorce.

We have more important issues to think about please.

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by tonicyril: 11:36am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

Well, since u want to be a man(a simp rather) then keep absorbing whatever she throws at you till u lose ur sanity, and eventually dies. Life would surely go on with or without you

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Trustedpronet: 11:36am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!

You are lucky...may be you are good on bed and he is not...just thinking loud.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:36am On Mar 04
Bro try and eat, as you certainly have a cross to carry, and I am not sure how long, so please eat.

Did your wife know your job before accepting to marry you? Did she meet you a millionaire? Don't let any woman gaslight you, be bold and strong, never go into argument with people who refuse to weigh the situation or reason with you.

Be prayerful and ask God to make a way for you. Look out for opportunities, and keep your hands and heart clean.

Pain does not last for ever.

PonziHater

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Strap: 11:37am On Mar 04
Sir, if your wife is not engaged presently, then fine a way to get her a job first.
You can't have her stay home all day and expect her to respect you with the little you're bringing home.
2. Think out of the box what you can do to add value to that your salary.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by worldclass68(m): 11:38am On Mar 04
Your only a private sch teacher....(almost not employed)

And seems your wife dosen't work.....( u go se shege)

U come be first son with siblings and even parents to cater for if the need arises....

If u have to Manage and struggle to buy TV or curtains, imagine if u have to pay rents

Nah u won kill ursef...especially for this economy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by jconsulting(f): 11:38am On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

The truth is that you marry what is bigger than you, any woman that complained and insulted her husband has 100% tendencies to cheat when she cant bear it anymore, is either you please others and displeased yourself

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by maxiuc(m): 11:39am On Mar 04
What are you doing with a jobless wife in the first place

Chai na the children you dey teach for school I dey pity
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by fineboynl(m): 11:40am On Mar 04
Ur problem is money and nothing else. She is not Ur problem. Go hussle hard everything will fall into play. You are living in a free house what if the owner ask you to leave there what would you do?

If I dash you 10m right now all this thing you called problem will stop

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Mar 04
Hard as it for me to say this, but... Your wife is right!

You had absolutely no business getting married.

You have just succeeded in jeopardizing your chances of growing financially by taking on a lifetime liability (low earning wife).

You didn't mention kids, so I will assume the marriage is still young.

Both of you might have to mutually dissolve this joke of a union, and go your separate ways while you still have some semblance of dignity, before things inevitably degenerate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by PrinceGallant: 11:41am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
You are not a man at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by IamAtAnger: 11:42am On Mar 04
Na small time remain be4 ur neighbour go begin knack her if e never dey happen sef smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Zooposki(f): 11:43am On Mar 04
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Treasure17(m): 11:43am On Mar 04
With what you narrated, be prepare to see worse things from your wife and by extension she may likely cheat on you but you should also know that provision is your shield as a man.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Pat081: 11:43am On Mar 04
I can never do this to refuse to eat is your wife jobless or what You never told us maybe she is working or not
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Exceed15: 11:43am On Mar 04
Before someone make you loose your mind u'd better calm down first and have a rethink. If u developed BP and died , she will live on to. even marry another man. Do what you have the capacity to do now and leave those ones beyond ur means now.

If she cannot cope abeg show her way to the door. Don't die foolishly.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Emmanuel30a2: 11:43am On Mar 04
I know of a river or of many rivers, where jennifer&christopher can jumps to... Jennifer&christopher who are lovers and have no silvers, can jump into a river... They can also goes to lucifer for silver, since they have salivas&livers... Eat your salivas and livers... Eat livers&salivas... Carry your livers&salivas to lucifer, so he can gives you silver... But knows that, silver and gold belongs to GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST... You would suffers and shivers..., you would have yellow fever&fever-if you gives your salivas&livers to lucifer because of silver... So, jump into a river if as a lover-you don't have anything/something to offer...
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by MEGAWATCH: 11:45am On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?

You are a man,

God bless you.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by newoffer: 11:46am On Mar 04
U think marriage na joke. Why marry if u don't have lots of side hustles. More money makes marriage looks romantic
PastorOlokonla:
Why marry when you are not earning enough. Love is not enough to sustain a marriage in the long run. Private school teachers are being exploited at the moment and you will have to look for an alternative means to make extra money.

Do not report her to anyone, you guys are adults and should sort issues out yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Angelfrost(m): 11:47am On Mar 04
Esthered:

Ii now understand your context.
I think some guys feel suited for marriage based on age which I believe the OP falls into.

That's a retarded African way of thinking that should have been abolished at the turn of the century.

Under today's economic realities, age should be the least consideration for marriage for men... For women, yes, since they will mostly be dependants not breadwinners.

That's where I respect most Igbo guys... If you like be 45, if pepper never rest, marriage is not happening for most guys.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady / Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.