Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. (25496 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by winner37(m): 4:41pm On Mar 04
Please be kind to answer my few questions..
How long have you being working as a teacher?
How many children do you have?
So all this while you don't have television?
This your wife is she working?
Were you under pressure to get married?
How many years are you guys being together?

Sometimes, we are the architect of our misfortune.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Eddie2024: 4:44pm On Mar 04
Caaz:

I blamed the man....
I m a lady,but truth be told,I strongly kick against a woman not doing anything,not bringing anything to the table.

I wonder how most women feels comfortable being idle and jobless.

There's this joy I get when making my money....I really do not know how to depend on anybody.
exactly my point....

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by olagunte4divine: 4:49pm On Mar 04
Sublet someone's house? The owner 9f the house will not like itSublet someone's house? The owner 9f the house will not like it...
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by PhilipReigns(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04
blackpanthar:

Abeg na pls Before opening your MOUTH, pls consult your brain. If you don't know how to HUSTLE, PLS BE QUIET.
IF there is a will, there will always be a way. YOU DIDNT OFFER SOLUTIONS, you just came to attack the ones I gave

I learned to drive with someone else's car at two different times and I didnt have a bicycle, I had a vision to learn how to drive before my next birthday.
Marriage/old age doesn't slow down learning... it is only a lazy mindset that does.

I MASTERED SQL DATABASE LANGUAGE IN 21 DAYS.... Other programming languages took me less than a month as a poly student and a bricklayer.

YOU MAY BE SLOW, because you are not driven. If you read my text well, I was going to offer him a remote job to earn in dollars and work weekly. You just come here to type rubbish without thinking it through.

TECH DOESN'T TAKE YEARS.... its months or even weeks, based on your hunger and determination.
Whatever that's Worth doing at all, is Worth doing well. You can't learn anything trade, Craft or skills within few months and master it, except you just wish to be a jack of all trades and master of none. Go and study the lives of the Igbos, they are good at whatever they do or engage in, when you take your time and learn something good , be it driving or database as u call it, when you are good at particular thing there's a way money follows naturally. People will be the one to market you as a matter of fact. I have a car, I didn't learn how to drive in weeks, let alone, going into commercial driving that requires serious driving experience. Do you think knowing traffic signs, how to accelerate or match your brake is what driving is all about? This is how you people fail in business /what you do and turn around to blame village people for your predicament main while no one is after you. Who even told you Uber is still a lucrative venture?

Like I said before, no insults intended like u assumed, you are completely out of point!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by IamMobisola(f): 5:03pm On Mar 04
Why must people rush into marriage especially when they know they are not financially stable to take care of themselves not to talk of having a family? You don’t have money to purchase a Tv or curtain to your place but you decided marriage was the next step for you? 😔🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04
Lol, carry your cross abeg
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by achimendy(m): 5:26pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
I promise to be very brief.
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?

When you're truly tired of the marriage you know what to do.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by achimendy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04
Eddie2024:
She must have known what he does for a living before marrying him, so because he's not a millionaire yet he shouldn't get married.... Or he should go and steal for her sake, instead make she go find wetin to do to use support her husband hmmmmm

Some might know what the husband does for a living but will still go ahead and marry just to run away from societal pressures then later on start showing their dirty, hungry and animalistic character.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Lomprico2: 5:37pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:
My wife and I live in a three bedroom flat without paying rent, although we only occupy one room since we don't have much property yet. The owner of the house abandoned the house before now and when we had accomodation issue asked us to stay there. We have been here since last year. However, there is no Geepee tank to supply water into the house. We could only pump water into our little drum when there is light. So I always go fetch water from the neighbouring compounds whenever there is no light which have resulted into several insults. My wife has been dragging me that I must buy a Geepee tank.

My salary as a private school teacher is barely enough to feed us talk more of saving to buy a Geepee tank especially in this economic crisis. In the midst of all these, my wife's phone went bad and needed a new one Just this afternoon, my wife started raining insults on me that I am not behaving like a man at all, that I should have settled down fully before thinking of marriage, that I want to make her go hungry. This was because I told her I would cut off some part of my salary to be saving so I can buy curtain for our room, television and save for Geepee tank. She even went ahead to say I am poor and wretched just because I can't afford her a new phone for now.

Since afternoon, I have refused to eat. My problem here is that my parents love my wife and my parents are far from where I reside. And I don't want to report my wife to my parents so it won't bring disrespect later to her in the future. Secondly, as the first born of my parent,I don't know how my parents will take it if I tell them I don't want to marry her again so they don't have b.p. I am really really confused. The little extra money I get from extra tutorial is what I do send to my two siblings in school even though is very little compare to their needs but at least it is something.

I feel like running away but to where? I truly love my wife but she is regretting marrying me. Please what can I do?

But why did you get married knowing that things are not ok with you?
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Maysdevices(f): 6:07pm On Mar 04
Franzinni:
see let me tell you for free... There is NO woman that will willingly stay with a sinking ship... Women are wired to survive so what she is doing is instinctive. If he betters himself, he would become valuable to her and it would kindle something that made him pick her to start with and if it doesn't, at least he would be valuable to women who appreciate good taste in men. It's a win win... And the pain is one of the greatest propellant there is hardly any great name that was not built on the back of pain.... So if you have pain, use it as fertilizer to grow..
Why are you a man, telling me a woman what a woman would do? 😏

This is not a sinking ship, he has plans and a job. All she has to do is be patient

There are no things in the house yet but her phone spoilt and the next thing she could do is rain insults on a man who provides for her to the point of fetching water

There are better ways to trigger ambition and I really pity your experience. All women are certainly not like this. Or should I begin to open my mouth and say what I went through with mine before it finally became better?

I make my man want to take over the world everyday and I don’t have to use insults because he is my whole heart. There are smart ways to those things, it’s pity this man married a jobless uneducated fool

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by ggood: 6:14pm On Mar 04
Franzinni:
we have media like

Graphics design
Editing
Cinematography
Videography
Content creator (a must for every human being, it is a good reference and indicator of progress )
Filmmaker
Story board artist
Gaffer
Directing
Vfx
Sound design
Foley
2d animation
3d animation
And the list goes on...

Now for tech I would

Learn programming with python
And why I say python is because it is in virtually all systems like banking, defense, computing, robotics, surveillance you name it.... in the world in one way I the other which gives you the ability to be very versatile with your skill set...

It's not going to be easy but if you can pull it off, you would one day look down from your lofty height and be glad you are not that guy down there anymore... To greater height... And God speed!

thanks a lot can I learn it online or is physical class
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by InsanePsycho(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

She is a liability. If she doesn't like the circumstances then she should leave.

Tell her you are also tired of the relationship and you want her to go back to her family.

She is actually right when she said you should have been prepared before getting married.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Dminister(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04
Have you seen where a man still struggling to feed himself goes to the market to use his only surviving money to buy liability? Where your hand nor reach no dey put am. It is still early to let her go now.

You have to know in this generation no woman will accepts to be in a situation like yours. Gone are those years women used to stick to their husband in whatever situation. No woman wants pitying way of life, and unable to afford common little things of life.

Oga, the truth is you are not ready for marriage. Don’t force yourself into what you cannot do.

Before you dey get married you no get house hold items as a bachelor, you no get tv, curtains, chairs and other things before you carry your two left legs go carry woman dey marry because you see other people dey marry you allow dem pressure you.

you never ready she go insult you tire and e go remain small make you go carry rope hang yourself.

You better free her and let her go. When you are ready, and you can afford the common little things of life without scratching your head then you will be able to live with a woman peacefully.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by AkporsMechanical(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04
blackpanthar:
I commend your courage sir, to remain with that woman, talk more of being faithful or patient is really a herculean task.
Now to the main matter...
YOU WERE ACTUALLY POOR....(Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly) in your past but this year EVERYTHING WILL TURN UP FOR YOU.

Do not blame her sir, blame yourself for not understanding the COMMITMENT DEMANDS of marriage before jumping into it.
I wouldn't want to go deep into how this our generation has EXALTED MARRIAGE beyond limits.... it feels like singleness is a disease yet the truly married ones do not publicize the HEAVY WORK involved.
Before marrying, read books, go to conferences and ask questions... you will discover THERE IS NO HONEY WITHOUT MONEY.

Now let me give my 50cent solutions/ideas (asides what other great minds in this forum will offer)

1) Move out of that house... send her to stay with your parents for a while and then you can go manage with a friend. THEN SUBLET THE 3 BEDROOM(you will get enough money for a tank and more)

2) buy more drums

3) buy 25k POS and give her to start work........ so she will know how hard it is to make money and begin to appreciate you

4) learn how to drive, then offer UBER SERVICES to people who own cars... YOU WILL BE DRIVING FOR THEM AND PAYING THEM 25K OR 30K WEEKLY WHILE THE REST IS YOURS. (this is more better than the meagre salary you earn)

5) Learn how to use the computer well and learn skills like DATA ANOTATION, DATA ANALYSIS and I can help you with a REMOTE JOB.

6) LEARN WEB DESIGN and GRAPHICS and inform people of your skills by word of mouth and you will get jobs/contracts

7) GO TO GOOGLE and type cysed jobs you can apply if you are in the selected states and get a higher paying job with more recognition.

I hope this helps you bro... keep pushing... you will own houses one day. Stay Inspired.

Thank you very much for this sir. Actually, I don't have a laptop currently. If not, I have had it in mind to learn tech skills which you just mentioned above sir. I will try my possible best to start saving little by little (even though current expenses are on my neck) for me to purchase a laptop even if it is fairly used. Of a truth, I want to learn how to fish and not be asking people for fish all the time.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by AkporsMechanical(m): 7:36pm On Mar 04
jaxin119:
Your problem is money and to address that you have to quit that teaching job. Look for 20k and take a professional course in HSE 1,2,3. Then COOK your CV afterwards and start applying for safety officer role in medium size companies. This is a simple model of how to change your job and your life.

I have that certification including P.M.P and H.R.M. I have been applying in different companies online but still hoping for a call. Thanks anyway, sir!
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Father4all: 7:42pm On Mar 04
Guy, don't let her kee you oo. God forbid that your enemy die tomorrow, she will marry another man
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by iamL(f): 7:43pm On Mar 04
muyico:
Wait?
she s not working?
seems like u married liability woman.
my wife bought her phone by herself. She dash me her 4ma phone. When she c i didnt fancy latest phone! U gat alot to do on her! U re not man enough. 4 ur wife to rainz insult on u. Despite my wife taking alot of responsibility at home. She nava once insult me b4!!

You are been fed by a woman yet you call the op not man enough. Na your wife even dey dash you phone wey she nor fancy, shame suppose catch you.

Op better pass you.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by blackpanthar: 7:46pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

Thank you very much for this sir. Actually, I don't have a laptop currently. If not, I have had it in mind to learn tech skills which you just mentioned above sir. I will try my possible best to start saving little by little (even though current expenses are on my neck) for me to purchase a laptop even if it is fairly used. Of a truth, I want to learn how to fish and not be asking people for fish all the time.

The job i posted in item 7 is currently recruiting.

Edo
Lagos
Abuja
Bayelsa

You didnt mention your LOCATION... I hope this helps
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Franzinni: 7:46pm On Mar 04
ggood:
thanks a lot can I learn it online or is physical class
go to skillshare or udemy... You can take very high quality course for as low as 3k, 5k, but first do a small research on what tech job are lucrative going into the next 3 to five years and by process of elimination you will find one that vibes with your person...but try and learn python. It will open doors beyond belief.

YouTube is good, but the problem with it is that, the information is scattered across various channels and various teaching styles and that is the reason why most people pick up a skill and get overwhelmed and quit... so I advise a structured paid training with a certificate of completion issued at the end of your training.... It will come in handy too .
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by frozen70(f): 7:49pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

You are just dying in silent just because of what people will say

Speak out and have peace so that you can live long

Or you keep silent and die slowly
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Clazzone(m): 7:54pm On Mar 04
You are lucky but don't take pride in nonsense. Be responsible as a man.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Franzinni: 7:54pm On Mar 04
Maysdevices:
Why are you a man, telling me a woman what a woman would do? 😏

This is not a sinking ship, he has plans and a job. All she has to do is be patient

There are no things in the house yet but her phone spoilt and the next thing she could do is rain insults on a man who provides for her to the point of fetching water

There are better ways to trigger ambition and I really pity your experience. All women are certainly not like this. Or should I begin to open my mouth and say what I went through with mine before it finally became better?

I make my man want to take over the world everyday and I don’t have to use insults because he is my whole heart. There are smart ways to those things, it’s pity this man married a jobless uneducated fool

now I have perspective... You are a woman, and that is why you are seeing it from your perspective... Madam, I am in no means trying to argue against your point and the reason is I as a man, have no understanding of the relationship dynamics from the perspective of a woman, I can only refer to my observation of how I have come understand the position of both sexes in a relationship... Let me ask if you were married to a man who falls short of providing and protecting you in your home, be honest... How would you feel and how long would you endure before you begin to behave like ops wife...

It's like working for mtn and you are told to bare with them as there is no salary for 5 months... Be fair.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by iamL(f): 7:56pm On Mar 04
Maysdevices:
As a woman I feel very angry because I know exactly what that woman thinks of him, yet she’s jobless

When I was in school I used to listen to 21year old girls brag that they will slap their boyfriend if they catch him cheating or if he doesn’t send them money but will sleep with all the yahoo boys in school while mature men in Lagos hustle and train them

Make men continue to dey disturb themselves, y’all don’t know how special and too sexy you are when you act like what you were created to be. A MAN, YOU ARE THE PRIZE.

Rubbish

E clear say you be man but a coward to be hiding under the guise of a female attacking females.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Clazzone(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04
Most of them don't read to comprehend
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Eddie2024: 8:20pm On Mar 04
achimendy:

Some might know what the husband does for a living but will still go ahead and marry just to run away from societal pressures then later on start showing their dirty, hungry and animalistic character.
you get my point

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Mar 04
Maysdevices:
■ Why are you a man, telling me a woman what a woman would do? 😏 This is not a sinking ship, he has plans and a job. All she has to do is be patient There are no things in the house yet but her phone spoilt and the next thing she could do is rain insults on a man who provides for her to the point of fetching water There are better ways to trigger ambition and I really pity your experience. All women are certainly not like this. Or should I begin to open my mouth and say what I went through with mine before it finally became better? I make my man want to take over the world everyday and I don’t have to use insults because he is my whole heart. There are smart ways to those things, it’s pity this man married a jobless uneducated fool
When will women refuse to let themselves be used for crying out loud? In saner climes, women search for and pursue their ambitions in life even as they partner with men and women doing the same. Saying that in Nigeria, a woman's place is to trigger the ambition of her husband(all while sitting tight like a toad) is essentially saying Nigerian women are mostly eejits. lipsrsealed
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Amumaigwe: 9:48pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

This SIMPle men will never ceases to amaze me. You love your disrespectful wife and can't leave her. You also desire to protect her image before your parents. Your beloved wife is only a hairsbreadth away from cheating, that is if she has not already started. The only option you have is to die of HBP. You don't know marriage is war. Loose the war and die if you so desire. Mumu lover
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by okoroemeka(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04
AkporsMechanical:

my brother let me tell you the hard truth,I am now married for 24 years and going to be a grandfather soon,so I know what I am talking about.
Your wife is not your problem,your problem is your finance and lack of proactive thinking out of the box,no matter how much a woman loves you,if you don't provide ,at least make extra effort or have the potentials of creative ideas to improve your finance that woman's love will fade away,and pls don't say you have tried your best because you are even yet to start trying

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Maysdevices(f): 12:36am On Mar 05
Kobojunkie:
When will women refuse to let themselves be used for crying out loud? In saner climes, women search for and pursue their ambitions in life even as they partner with men and women doing the same. Saying that in Nigeria, a woman's place is to trigger the ambition of her husband(all while sitting tight like a toad) is essentially saying Nigerian women are mostly eejits. lipsrsealed
Thats not the point.

Men reason a certain way once they’ve gotten the women they want in their lives. Once a man commits, know he has reached the apex of his hustle and now wants stability.

However most women don’t value stability and always want the excitement they see their richer counterparts have.

In this confusion, they lash out their men for not being richer or doing more whereas those men were perfect financially to them before they got married. The man gets confused but uses the pain to propel themselves to greater heights and starts living like the wife is his sister

He provides for her but doesn’t love her and would rather spend his nights with ‘appreciative’ women outside.

There are better ways to trigger a man’s ambition once you see him complacent than to insult him unnecessarily.

In our less sane clime, relationships here are different. Just look at Veekeejames this week for example, she is being dragged simply because she is richer than her man. Learn to live in Nigeria and not online.
Re: Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. by Maysdevices(f): 12:37am On Mar 05
okoroemeka:
my brother let me tell you the hard truth,I am now married for 24 years and going to be a grandfather soon,so I know what I am talking about.
Your wife is not your problem,your problem is your finance and lack of proactive thinking out of the box,no matter how much a woman loves you,if you don't provide ,at least make extra effort or have the potentials of creative ideas to improve your finance that woman's love will fade away,and pls don't say you have tried your best because you are even yet to start trying
Is she right to insult him even when she see he’s trying? Should he kill himself? Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage / Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child Abroad After 30 Years Of Barrenness. Photos / Are Children Really An Achievement??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.