Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Books Are Not Properly Edited - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Books Are Not Properly Edited (3300 Views)

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Books Are You Reading At The Moment-share It With Us / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
WHY ARE BOOKS NOT PROPERLY EDITED?

So many books are not properly edited.

So many authors are in a hurry to publish their books without  giving their books to a professional book editor to give it a professional touch.

Please everyone, kindly give your candid opinion on this issue.

Meanwhile for all you authors and writers of all kinds of books, you can contact us to edit your books and give it a professional touch which will make your book sell millions of copies in the market.

We are professional Book Editors specialized in editing and publishing books of all types and genres.

Send us a mail: editorspublishers@gmail.com ,

or call us on 08025907089,

or visit www.facebook.com/book.editors .

Add us on Blackberry: BB PIN: 79FD9E12.

God bless you.

Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2011
So many areas of a book need editing such as the grammar, spellings, punctuations, the chapters synchronization, the general layout of the book and many other areas that need editing.

If you want us to edit your book and give it a professional touch, send us a mail: editorspublishers@gmail.com.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2011
No doubt many authors complain of low sales or lack of sales of their books but some of these authors did not take

time to properly edit and proofread their books.

Readers are now wiser and would drop any book when they notice errors in them.

So many authors have good books but lack of editing can make such books not to sell since people prefer to read

what they can understand.

Authors/Writers must always learn to edit their books before rushing to the press.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
Editing should be done when you are through with the writing.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2011
The type of editing to be done on a book really depends largely on the type of book you have written.

Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2011
Some authors make the mistake of thinking that they are so gifted that whatever they write does not need to be

edited by another person but this notion is wrong.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2011
All write-ups that must go places need editing.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2011
Any write-up or book that must go places need editing except you want to circulate the book only

among your friends and family members who would praise it irrespective of its inherent defects.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
Any write-up you write for people to read needs to be edited.

Articles, poems, anthologies, books, drama, prose, textbooks, term papers, projects, speeches, biographies,

autobiographies, motivational books, fiction and all other book category all need editing and a professional

touch by an expert book editor.

All great books you see in the market today would not have been popular if not for proper editing.

To edit your book, send us a mail editorspublishers@gmail.com.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
It is true that some poorly written books have become masterpieces due to the fact that they were well edited.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2011
In editing drama,we discover that many playwrights ignore the element of suspense.
This is vital to make the play enjoyable and to sustain the reader's interest in the play.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2011
The acts and scenes must be well synchronized to avoid meaningless and irrelevant scenes cropping up in the play.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by owenueme: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Good books are the handiwork of good editors. Unfortunately here, we are mostly concerned with quantity and not quality.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by anafest: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
?
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by FEGNO: 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2011
I have always wondered, how does Seun of Nairaland make his money? Am not seeing much advertising here. Who knows? Can Nairalanders please respond?
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by mimima(f): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2011
1. laziness
2. inexperienced publishers
3. hungry authors
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by otokx(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2011
Poster must be referring to books published and printed in Nigeria; going through online newspapers like vangaurd and daily times you can see some grammatical errors.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by VEE2010(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
In most cases, people considers typing jobs to be as low as road side mechanic works but, I guess that's not true. Some times, writers may be correct but due to the confidence they reposed on some of these roadside typist patronized due to lack of financial resource. Another factor is Many Nigerians are virtually poor readers.some writers are after their financial rewards. Not considering their image believing, afterall, their works may not be read. These errors are very common in books writen by part time lecturer. This menace has to be checked for the sake of our children.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by slap1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2011
Some writers and publishers are in a hurry to get the job done and dusted, and then hit the bank with style. Again, some 'editors' really need grammar lessons. They should also involve other editors to help out. Most of these foreign novels we read are edited by up to four editors or more.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by ngusvi: 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by micawber(m): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
ngusvi:

The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.

wow !
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by emmatok(m): 12:47am On Dec 07, 2011
BookEditor:

WHY ARE BOOKS NOT PROPERLY EDITED?

So many books are not properly edited?

So many authors are in a hurry to publish their books without  giving their books to a professional book editor to give it a professional touch.

Pls everyone, kindly give your candid opinion on this issue.

Meanwhile for all you authors and writers of all kinds of books, you can contact us to edit your books and give it a professional touch which will make your book sell fast in the market. We are professional Book Editors specialized in editing books of all types and genres.

It is not not the Job of the Authors to correct those errors.

The is way you need Publisher and Proofreaders.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by ImaIma1(f): 9:34am On Dec 07, 2011
a writer, no matter how good he or she is cannot adequately edit his or her own work. it should be given to someone competent to edit.

i was reading a novel that my sister brought home. she said a youth corper wrote it. i cldnt get past d 1st page, too many mistakes, big unnecessary words in d wrong contexts.

i felt like looking for him n telling him that he missed his calling cos its definitely not writing.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by jascon1(m): 10:18am On Dec 07, 2011
those are not books. they children comedy. reading them may corrupt your grammatical arrangement. some are ironical sending a wrong message. an author must have a license b4 publishing. those books u refer are fraudulent means to make money.
a friend of mine wrote a book and is been 2years i havent read it yet, tho i have a copy. the first chapter is a colossal thrash. wrong choice of words, grammatic paralysis, and confusing arrangemnt of the storyline. reading it can corrupt your English or mental ability to express yourself coherently.
ensure to read good books from seasoned authors.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2012
Ima Ima: a writer, no matter how good he or she is cannot adequately edit his or her own work. it should be given to someone competent to edit.

i was reading a novel that my sister brought home. she said a youth corper wrote it. i cldnt get past d 1st page, too many mistakes, big unnecessary words in d wrong contexts.

i felt like looking for him n telling him that he missed his calling cos its definitely not writing.

That is why we emphasize that any author should have a professional editor to edit his work and make it presentable to the reading public. A writer may have the gift of writing but not the gift of polishing the written material to make it superb, acceptable and generally enjoyable to the reading public. Therefore, all authors should endeavour to get professional editors to edit their books if they really want to sell those books.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2012
Authors should be patient to go through all the necessary stages that will make their works well polished and enjoyable. They should stop being in a hurry and realize that a good write-up takes time to come up with. One of the processes involved is editing.

Don't be in a hurry for people to read your book or to make money from it and then end up publishing a book that people will not want to read.

The money will come if you have a good book. But you can never have a good book if you package your write-up in a hurry.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2012
A good book will sell itself. A compelling book will surely sell. A good writer matures with time and with experience. Authors no longer want to acquire the necessary experience needed to write or sell their books.

This is why some books are not properly edited and when you open the first page, you will instantly be turned off.

Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by Basic(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2012
I totally agree with you. Even though, I'm a freelance writer who has worked with and learned from top-notch editors, I've never for once deemed my writing perfect enough to evade the scrutiny of an editor.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 1:47am On Aug 31, 2012
Writing is an art. Editing is also an art on its own. The two are not the same.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 1:53am On Aug 31, 2012
Although so many editors are writers, not all writers are editors. It takes a lot of ingenuity to combine the two skills. It takes a lot of talent to be a writer and an editor at the same time.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by BookEditor(m): 2:08am On Aug 31, 2012
Somebody called us asking about proofreading. I think we need to understand the difference. Editing and proofreading are not the same. There is a difference between them. While editing involves perfecting the entire book to ensure it meets a certain standard before publication, proofreading majorly involves checking and correcting spelling errors and punctuation errors in a book.

While editing must be done before typesetting of your book(that is, immediately after completing the writing of the book), proofreading is done after typsetting the book for publication. Therefore, editing comes first before proofreading is done.
Re: Why Books Are Not Properly Edited by knowledge4(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
Proofreading is mainly about misspellings,errors of grammar,repetitions, errors of facts and figures.
Editing makes a book to be meaningful and readable and includes the ff:
Paragraph unity and coherence
Vocabulary
Citations and references
Overall Structure
Eliminating vague descriptions
Eliminating unnecessary adverbs and adjectives
Correction of arrangement errors
Editing may involve proofreading but is different from proofreading.
It usually involves rewriting.
The best writers make mistakes. A writer cannot see his mistakes due to bias.Another party, the proofreader/editor can see better.
You need proofreading,editing and rewriting services,visit www.proofreader01. for contact details

(1) (2) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / CLOSED / Write For A Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.