Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria (583 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 4:25pm On Mar 05
I want to give this advice to my fellow Igbos, particularly those who might contemplate aspiring to be President of Nigeria in the future. Don't do it, the office of President is a poisoned chalice no Igbo man should drink from

No Igbo man has been President of Nigeria for almost 60 years, where is Nigeria today? Those who told you that they're politically on top, those who call themselves kingmakers, those told you that producing the President is everything, it is them that have ran this country into the ground for the last 60 years.

Every President they have produced has turned out to be more disastrous than the one before. In 60 years they have turned Nigeria into a bastion of hopelessness, poverty and insecurity. The office of President of Nigeria destroys all those who enter, and it has the potential to destroy the ethnic group that produces the President

Aspiring to be President of Nigeria is like aspiring to drive a car with no engine, its like aspiring to ride a Horse with three legs, its like aspirin to live in a house with no foundation.

Barth Nnaji did not have to President to build Nigerias first independent power plant in Aba, Innocent Chukwuma did not need to be President to build Nigerias only indigenous car making outfit in Nnewi. These are the things that matter, not the office of President that has helped nobody

Yes I know that the President of Nigeria has been given enormous powers to decide the fate of everything under the Sun, but this is one of the major reasons why they all perform badly

Let's stick to "Aku rue Ulo" philosophy and leave the kingmakers to continue their destruction of Nigeria. At the end of the day, it is what we do for ourselves that will matter, for the office of President will do nothing for nobody

Peace out

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:37pm On Mar 05
Okwu gi kwu oto ka cigar

4 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by SoNature(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05
Don't worry, when I get the chance to become Nigeria's president, you know that a smart and intelligent man is in the seat of power.

Much as those who lead us today have nothing to offer, all Nigerians are not daft. I will prove that when I get there, God willing!

2 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by naija4life247: 5:42pm On Mar 05
Somebody should check on the OP, he is showing advanced symptoms of chronic depression

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by mightyhazel: 5:50pm On Mar 05
Them no go take a hundredth of wetin them take from bughari and bat from any Igbo man.

If na Igbo man cause these hardship them for don burn down the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 6:12pm On Mar 05
Can we the original and sensible igbos talk without being bullied?

9 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Pristine664: 6:16pm On Mar 05
Igbos politicians have not proved they can do better with the current state of South East.
Till tomorrow, one of the things you all consider as achievement is to escape from your region to South West.

Only to turn around to start insulting and constituting nuisance to the local people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by danvon(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05
Presidents don't even have the power to direct the country, that power belongs to the elites and cabals...

Tinubu was more powerful and independent when he was not the president.
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Deltancapo: 6:29pm On Mar 05
gidgiddy:
I want to give this advice to my fellow Igbos, particularly those who might contemplate aspiring to be President of Nigeria in the future. Don't do it, the office of President is a poisoned chalice no Igbo man should drink from

No Igbo man has been President of Nigeria for almost 60 years, where is Nigeria today? Those who told you that they're politically on top, those who call themselves kingmakers, those told you that producing the President is everything, it is them that have ran this country into the ground for the last 60 years.

Every President they have produced has turned out to be more disastrous than the one before. In 60 years they have turned Nigeria into a bastion of hopelessness, poverty and insecurity. The office of President of Nigeria destroys all those who enter, and it has the potential to destroy the ethnic group that produces the President

Aspiring to be President of Nigeria is like aspiring to drive a car with no engine, its like aspiring to ride a Horse with three legs, its like aspirin to live in a house with no foundation.

Barth Nnaji did not have to President to build Nigerias first independent power plant in Aba, Innocent Chukwuma did not need to be President to build Nigerias only indigenous car making outfit in Nnewi. These are the things that matter, not the office of President that has helped nobody

Yes I know that the President of Nigeria has been given enormous powers to decide the fate of everything under the Sun, but this is one of the major reasons why they all perform badly

Let's stick to "Aku rue Ulo" philosophy and leave the kingmakers to continue their destruction of Nigeria. At the end of the day, it is what we do for ourselves that will matter, for the office of President will do nothing for nobody

Peace out

Even in your dreams Igbo cannot be president of federal republic of Nigeria, the earlier you continue with your Biafra or death the better.

Nigerians are more wiser than Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Putindbutt: 6:47pm On Mar 05
Ipob loves praising their own mediocrity. Barth Nnaji built a 188MW power plant for more than 20years with a loan of over $50million. Innoson got FG support through BOI before he could start commercial production. But these butterfly ipob think themselves a bird.

3 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Okete001(f): 7:26pm On Mar 05
Hehehe

Who wants them before?
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 7:27pm On Mar 05
gidgiddy:

Peace out
Thank you very much for your brilliant submission. On a lighter note however, I will personally vote for Oduemeje Indaboski AKA the the liquid metal as the first Ibo president of Nigeria. We will do this without your support
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Austineva(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05
gidgiddy:

Peace out
God bless awesomely Odogwu Nwanne, You are a real Igbo man
Anytime I read ur write up I see nothing but 'Wisdom'
I bu Odogwu my Awesome Brother ✊✊✊
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Slytiger: 8:48pm On Mar 05
naija4life247:
Somebody should check on the OP, he is showing advanced symptoms of chronic depression
😂😂😂
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Slytiger: 8:51pm On Mar 05
Putindbutt:
Ipob loves praising their own mediocrity. Barth Nnaji built a 188MW power plant for more than 20years with a loan of over $50million. Innoson got FG support through BOI before he could start commercial production. But these butterfly ipob think themselves a bird.
Even air peace got support from Buhari else it would have gone under.

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:52pm On Mar 05
gidgiddy:

Peace out

This guy don give up. Wasted energy. 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by dettolgel: 8:55pm On Mar 05
Putindbutt:

Yes you are right, they should do better likewise any Nigerian that has the opportunity.

In the 20 years that Barth was "going in cycle" according to you, other billionaires in other regions who are not "mediocre" could have built one in their region. At least improve the situation of those in their immediate enviros, don't you think so?

In the year that Innoson got FG support I am sure there are other people from other region that got FG support more than Innoson could ever dreamt about. Which in itself is not a bad thing.

So what exactly is your point again?
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Slytiger: 9:01pm On Mar 05
Zxcvbnmghtr:

This guy don give up. Wasted energy. 🤣🤣🤣
Instead of playing politics of unity just as Soludo explained in his November 2022 famous tweets, they play bad nsogbu nsogbu politics then complain.

We all know the push by them for Peter Obi was all for igbo's presidency. They all know and we know that Peter Obi is shit. Hence, the gbajue tag.
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:05pm On Mar 05
Slytiger:

Instead of playing politics of unity just as Soludo explained in his November 2022 famous tweets, they play bad nsogbu nsogbu politics then complain.

We all know the push by them for Peter Obi was all for igbo's presidency. They all know and we know that Peter Obi is shit. Hence, the gbajue tag.

The thread is funny. It's shows a mindset of an inherent loser. I don't blame them. It's who they are. LOSERS!!!

All they needed to do was support Atiku but Obi jumped to seek to reap from where he did not sow. POLITICAL ILLITERATES.

They should face their drug trafficking business. "Aku rue Ulo" 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by AntiZikist: 9:08pm On Mar 05
gidgiddy:

Peace out

You have given up so soon ?

Is Obi the only candidate you can bring out ?

Next time choose a wise and sensible individual that will build bridges and not the idiot Obi who only knows how to play divisive ethno-religious politics

2 Likes

Re: Why No Igbo Man Should Aspire To Be President Of Nigeria by Gustavowhite(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05
I wasn’t part of the Obidients movement because I know an Igbo man can never be President in Nigeria,no matter how qualified you are,they will vote an Aboki shoe maker before you,may be because of religious different or just pure hate
I have come to peace with it when I heard somebody(a friend) tell me that to my face in public,somebody that I was a lot better than,I was angry at first then I thought it through,he is right
What we should be working towards is Igbo country(not Biafra)
So my advice to my fellow igbos,if Nigeria didn’t divide,we should educate our kids these things before they grow up thinking they can be shit in Nigeria

Chukwu gozie unu

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Kano Court Affirms Ganduje’s Suspension / How Una See Am? / Inec Barred From Recognising Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.