Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students (11642 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% / Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% / Governor Sanwo-olu Increases Salary Of LASTMA Officers By 100% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by SonOfDSoil01: 5:50am On Mar 06
DystopianMuse:
They have their method which is like 90% accurate. Except if they wan do ojoro
they have a process and the people I charge are also indigent. I has an aborigine, I could remember when my sister applied for bursary in Lasu, the committee screening the prospective indigent were also people well informed with the family background of all indigent and it was difficult to come and claim Lagos if you not from there because they know almost all the Agbo ile grin and history of all Lagos indigenous families😂

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by SonOfDSoil01: 5:55am On Mar 06
ATLANTIC01:

Very easy , there are alot of procedures to confirm if you are through indigenous of lagos.

Firstly,you need a letter from the oba of the town you claimed you came from in any part of lagos, so I'm sure the oba will give none indigenous of his town a form, secondly you take that letter to local government to get another letter verifying your identity that you are from that local government.

You will take this documents to bursary board you will be screened by elders/chief from your town, different questions will be asked then lastly you must tender a documents of any your family property that is upto 100 years to the board
yes you 100% right on this, this is the process and I could remember the stress my sister went through in Lasu then before she could get her letter signed from the oba of Lagos, so sometimes I just laugh at people who thinks they can easy claim Lagos and get away with it. If you are apply for Lagos bursary and tou not an indigene, you better don’t try it because you will be caught 😂

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by SonOfDSoil01: 5:58am On Mar 06
DystopianMuse:
You sabi. You be lasu pikin? My own cousin was asked to bring their hometown survey plan during the verification. Imagine how a non indigine can get that, except stealing or other means
grin leave them , for those claiming Lagos is no man’s land,let them go and apply and let’s see if it’s truly a no man’s land😂

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by shoboy9: 6:29am On Mar 06
These politicians are just wicked. They increase their allawee by 3x but bursary they add 5% or so. Not all criminals wicked like apc and their supporters. Dem own supposed dey guiness world records.
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by DystopianMuse(f): 6:54am On Mar 06
I swear. Those people them be wizard. I followed that my cousin. See as baba dey sweat with the kain questions. Thank. God for him parent that came to his rescue. I go just dey look people wey wan claim lagos by force they laugh. Except they wan leave you . Real lagosian know themselves
SonOfDSoil01:
they have a process and the people I charge are also indigent. I has an aborigine, I could remember when my sister applied for bursary in Lasu, the committee screening the prospective indigent were also people well informed with the family background of all indigent and it was difficult to come and claim Lagos if you not from there because they know almost all the Agbo ile grin and history of all Lagos indigenous families😂
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by Timoleon(m): 8:08am On Mar 06
JulianBond007:
Nice one.

How would they identify Yorubas who are not Lagos indigents?

The same way they have been doing it.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by Timoleon(m): 8:13am On Mar 06
ddippset:
Wait oohh

Is the money annually or one off?

Per session.
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by alabo1: 8:53am On Mar 06
Slytiger:
A good governor unlike that former Anambra governor that increased school fees in Anambra by 90%, and said education was not for the poor when he was asked to justify his action.

Tertiary education is not meant for all. That is why in developed countries primary and secondary are guaranteed. However university education is expensive and has to be planned for. Most are able to send their kids through scholarships etc. in Nigeria we even spend more on primary and secondary than on university education. An irony
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by ATLANTIC01: 8:58am On Mar 06
SonOfDSoil01:
yes you 100% right on this, this is the process and I could remember the stress my sister went through in Lasu then before she could get her letter signed from the oba of Lagos, so sometimes I just laugh at people who thinks they can easy claim Lagos and get away with it. If you are apply for Lagos bursary and tou not an indigene, you better don’t try it because you will be caught 😂

You will definitely be caught and can cost you your admission
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by ATLANTIC01: 9:01am On Mar 06
Donedeal1:

Exactly what am asking
200k-225k and #50k-60k what's the meaning
The increments are not commensurate to the current situations.

Regardless one should commend Lagos state for their efforts during this period.
how many state bursary to their indigenees?
Those that are even paying I don't think they pay close 50k.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by ddippset(m): 11:55am On Mar 06
Timoleon:

Per session.
That is good ohh

Lagos government is trying.
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by Saviourk: 1:24pm On Mar 06
pendragonbladgo post=128796861[b:
] Kano is the first richest state in Nigeria and first state to export greins(THE PYRAMID OF KANO 18TH CENTURY).[/b] If u talk about the senseless poverty and population, ill tell u that it is a self made issue and ve nothing to do with the state because how can a man without a 10m in his account have 4wives and 30 children. The richest Nigerians of all time came from Kano, i am nt talking about Dangote, i mean history
The bolden shows you're living in delusiona; you're a joker man😂. A state is rich based on the revenue it generated. How much does Kano generate yearly?
Re: Sanwo-olu Increases Bursary, Scholarship For Students by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06
Saviourk:
Oga remove Kano
Saviourk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election / Edo 2020: Protect Your Votes, Wike Tells Edo Electorates / Lagos Govt, Drivers Meeting Continues Friday, Strike Persists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.