Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa (1158 Views)

Nigeria Re-emergence As Africa’s Biggest Economy, An Economic Scorecard Of PMB / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Adelaide2: 5:52am On Mar 06
South Africa has overthrown NG as the biggest economy in Africa. And hot on Nigeria's heels is Egypt. All this happened under the Buhari-Tinubu APC continuum.

Source https://www.visualcapitalist.com/breaking-down-african-economy-by-country/

The man who built Lagos has destroyed Nigeria
At a point during Goodluck Jonathan's regime Nigeria's GDP was north of/more than 500 billion USD. Put simply, Nigeria has lost well over 105 Billion USD in GDP as of 2024

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Nvestor02: 5:54am On Mar 06
Jjb
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by successmatters(m): 5:55am On Mar 06
Is it surprising? No.

The gazelle garanga came with a mission to destroy everything.

11 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by SpatialKing(m): 6:02am On Mar 06
When you have a druggie as president

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Nice2023(m): 6:04am On Mar 06
Go and check very well,including all his videos.

Tinubu does not seem like one who is educated,listen to all his audio and videos more especially,he has never made a complete sentence be it simple or compound.

That man is just a trickster and reason why the economy will get so bad.

I said it earlier and told most of them that,this man is an awaiting disaster.

See it today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by muzically(m): 6:15am On Mar 06
Chai
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by kettykin: 6:19am On Mar 06
I saw this in a publication last week, I thought it was not real, who else sees Egypt overtaking Nigeria soon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Deogratiasfx: 6:20am On Mar 06
Nice2023:
Go and check very well,including all his videos.

Tinubu does not seem like one who is educated,listen to all his audio and videos more especially,he has never made a complete sentence be it simple or compound.

That man is just a trickster and reason why the economy will get so bad.

I said it earlier and told most of them that,this man is an awaiting disaster.

See it today.

Na statistics we go chop?

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Wawelexy(m): 6:20am On Mar 06
The fact is, I do not want Tinubu as the president, and i tried my best by convincing people around me not to vote for him.

But trust me, the situation on ground would have been more worse than this if Peter Obi had won. Not because he isn't competent or clueless, but because, the level of damage done to the nation's economy by the previous government will outweigh whatever strategy he might have planned to rule, let's go back and check his profile as the governor of Anambra state, what was the economy of the state during his tenor, the records are there, even if he will eventually get it right on the long run as the president of Nigeria, it will definitely no be in the first two years of his government.

My point is, we can't expect Tinubu to get it all right and keep the country sailing smoothly in just few months to his government, couple with the fact that the clueless Buhari did a great damage before he left. Even the so called developed countries we see as role models today, if you are very good at history, you will know there was a point in time when they all struggled with same issues Nigeria is currently battling, even worse..... Before a gold chain is being made, it has passed through intense burning furnace and lot of ironing hammering from the goldsmith.

Tinubu is no magician, and no man on earth can do what Nigeria citizens are requesting from him in a short period of time. We need patience, I believe things will turn around. If we are not biased, we will realise that he's been going for quite some strategic meeting with relevant people, which will eventually yield great results with time.

PS: Nigeria will take back it position from South Africa in no time, that margin is very low, and I don't think they have what will keep them in that status for long compared to what Nigeria has got.

My opinion....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Kukutenla: 6:23am On Mar 06
This is exactly how Lagos was built.
By the time all these strategic moves start yielding fruits, Nigeria will overtake US as the largest economy in the world.
To build a house you first have to destroy it. And we all know Rome was not built in a day not to mention Lagos.
Lastly, all what we are seeing is the effect of disastrous leadership over the years.
BAT is correcting errors and decisions that should have been made since 1999. The administration before him looted all the money just like the administration before them.
It is only BAT that will not loot, he will not shy away from making bold decisions even if it makes him unpopular and he will do the needful to set Nigeria on the right path unlike others before him.
Signed
Zombies

11 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Prince2324: 6:25am On Mar 06
Don't cry yet, Egypt is coming with full force after that another country will follow

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by OVB123: 6:28am On Mar 06
Tinubulation has just started by the time, he through with Nigerians, most Nigerians will not know the road that leads to their fathers' house.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Yankee101: 6:32am On Mar 06
Tinubu and buhari have done it
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by JealousCobra(m): 6:59am On Mar 06
One frustrated APC ebin pawa o will come and question this statistic.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by omojoibo: 7:10am On Mar 06
tele nko?
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by year2013: 7:26am On Mar 06
Wawelexy:
The fact is, I do not want Tinubu as the president, and i tried my best by convincing people around me not to vote for him.

But trust me, the situation on ground would have been more worse than this if Peter Obi had won. Not because he isn't competent or clueless, but because, the level of damage done to the nation's economy by the previous government will outweigh whatever strategy he might have planned to rule, let's go back and check his profile as the governor of Anambra state, what was the economy of the state during his tenor, the records are there, even if he will eventually get it right on the long run as the president of Nigeria, it will definitely no be in the first two years of his government.

My point is, we can't expect Tinubu to get it all right and keep the country sailing smoothly in just few months to his government, couple with the fact that the clueless Buhari did a great damage before he left. Even the so called developed countries we see as role models today, if you are very good at history, you will know there was a point in time when they all struggled with same issues Nigeria is currently battling, even worse..... Before a gold chain is being made, it has passed through intense burning furnace and lot of ironing hammering from the goldsmith.

Tinubu is no magician, and no man on earth can do what Nigeria citizens are requesting from him in a short period of time. We need patience, I believe things will turn around. If we are not biased, we will realise that he's been going for quite some strategic meeting with relevant people, which will eventually yield great results with time.

PS: Nigeria will take back it position from South Africa in no time, that margin is very low, and I don't think they have what will keep them in that status for long compared to what Nigeria has got.

My opinion....

In your mind, you made sense with this your rubbish write-up. This strategy doesn't work again in convincing your fellow gullible supporters of druggie select president.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Exousiang01: 7:27am On Mar 06
Unverified report from a roadside website.
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Wawelexy(m): 7:31am On Mar 06
year2013:

In your mind, you made sense with this your rubbish write-up. This strategy doesn't work again in convincing your fellow gullible supporters of druggie select president.

Please hold it... I belong to no party..... None of the politicians is a saint, they are all rogues.....My post cannot make sense to you, cos you don't have the capacity to comprehend what I wrote.

Have a nice day.
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by magoo10(m): 7:34am On Mar 06
This can only be happening under the fake first class Chicago student of accounting.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by CandidAdmin(m): 7:42am On Mar 06
It was predicted last year.

It was also predicted that we would get back on top later.

But it doesn't change the fact that Buhari na confam failure.

It would have been easier to correct PDP's mistakes if it were another person that was on power during his tenure.

His tenure really destroyed 9ja.

Wonder why BAT can't get him arrested.

Birds of the same feather really do flock together.
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by lonecatt(m): 7:46am On Mar 06
Wawelexy:

My opinion....
accept tinubu has failed in peace and leave Obi out of your misery.
Obi would have done better, you can take that to the bank.
He presented how he intends to go about it than the agbado whose only thoughts were it is his turn and shey na statistics we go chop'.
You are not intelligent at all

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Wawelexy(m): 7:51am On Mar 06
lonecatt:
accept tinubu has failed in peace and leave Obi out of your misery.
Obi would have done better, you can take that to the bank.
He presented how he intends to go about it than the agbado whose only thoughts were it is his turn and shey na statistics we go chop'.
You are not intelligent at all

I have seen Tinubu government as a governor, I have heard and read about Obi as a governor, we all know what we have if we place this two people head to head, I know people like you will say Anambra can't be compared to Lagos in terms of revenue, lol... I could have choose to educate you on how we can compare their performance and also give you examples from developed countries, but you can't make a point without resorting to going verbally violent, and Moreover, that's not what we are talking about here for now.

Nigerian government is not theory based, it is 85% practical, so those things Obi were saying doesn't really work like that in Nigeria and you know that, people (Cabals) will frustrate his plans, there's no law in Nigeria cos of this people and Obi won't be able to tame them cos the system is corrupt.

Like I said, all these people are most likely same rogues, just that the level of corruption differs, some of them are just too extreme. They are all thieves. No saint among them

1 Like

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by kenny714433(m): 7:56am On Mar 06
Tinubulation keeps striking in all cylinders and angles.

Tinubu should ban Internet across Nigeria. Why did I say so?

To curb the issue of Nigeria not being a producing country to boost our foreign exchange and stabilize the naira, he banned Binance P2P.
To curb hyper inflation caused by abundance of Naira in circulation, Tinubu banned food export.
To curb Nigerians seeing bad news like this, Tinubu should ban the Internet.
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by BrodaBenad: 7:59am On Mar 06
sad

Gbajue people have reduced Nigeria to vegetable

All of you defending rubbish here everyday

God and will posterity will judge you!

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by BrodaBenad: 8:03am On Mar 06
Wawelexy:

My opinion....
Werey dey disguise 🤡🤡🤡

1 Like

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Authoreety: 8:57am On Mar 06
year2013:

Boy, rest... The guy made real sense
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Houseofglam7(f): 11:47am On Mar 06
Smh
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by keymatt(m): 11:48am On Mar 06
Another agbadorian achievement.

APC is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria. grin grin
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Adelaide2: 11:49am On Mar 06
Wawelexy:

My opinion....

Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by keymatt(m): 11:50am On Mar 06
Wawelexy:

My opinion....
Never put Peter Obi in the same category with the drug lord. Obi would have handle the economy better and excellently compared to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by Adelaide2: 11:51am On Mar 06
kettykin:
I saw this in a publication last week, I thought it was not real, who else sees Egypt overtaking Nigeria soon
That's what I meant by hot on the heels of Nigeria is Egypt. Overtaking is allowed
Re: South Africa Overtakes Nigeria As The Biggest Economy In Africa by hedeybody: 12:35pm On Mar 06
ThìsGlobe.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Law Makers Are Corrupt / American, Briton Seized From Nigeria Oil Ship / Jonthan Goodluck - Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.