Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs (7515 Views)

Smart City: LASG To Light Up Lagos With LED Street Lights / LASG To Deploy Smart LED Lighting Across The State / Lockdown: Governor Ugwuanyi Defies Night Rain To Enforce Curfew (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Lanrelagboi: 8:38am On Mar 06
The Lagos State Safety Commission and Lagos State Environmal Protection Agency, LASEPA, have resolved to enforce indoor smoking at Night clubs, bars and lounges across the state.

In a joint statements issued by Director General, Safety Commission, Mr Lanre Mojola and General Manager, LASEPA, Dr. Tunde Ajayi, at a safety workshop organised for the hospitality sector(Night clubs, bars and lounges) owners across the state with the theme: "Establishing a safety culture in the night life sector in Lagos State.

Director General, Safety Commission, Mr Lanre Mojola
in his opening remarks said it is high time Nigerians comply with rules and regulations as it relates to international best practice.

He maintained that in every Hotel, there should be designated place for smoking cigarettes, but not at a public place where everyone is relaxing and enjoying themselves.

Mojola noted that though quality service delivery in the hospitality sector in Nigeria is inconsistent with issues such as poor customer service, lack of trained personnel and substandard facilities, but with proper monitoring by relevant agencies and adequate safety precautions, the challenges will reduce drastically, just as he emphasize that henceforth, indoor smoking at Night clubs would be enforced, this would ensure that all of us have designated places for smoking in our facilities, or else the full wrath of law would be on us.

"According to him, "There is no doubt, Lagos State will enforce indoor smoking at Night clubs,bars and lounges because it is high time we do our business as the law stipulates but not as we want it to be done, especially in Lagos State where safety and health of all the citizens is of utmost concern of the Sanwo-Olu-led administration".

The General Manager, Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency(LASEPA), Dr Tunde Ajayi, corroborated what the DG, Safety Commission, earlier said, he also affirmed the enforcement of indoor smoking at Night clubs, bars and lounges in the state.

Ajayi maintained that as it is in other climes, where sharp practices happen, some elements in the hospitality business do not comply to Safety rules, and this situation is being handled by relevant agencies with stiff sanctions set to be imposed.

He concluded that with forums like this from time to time, there will be proper information and education on how best to conduct hospitality business in a customer-friendly, and safety-conscious environment.

Mr Ehi Iden, Occupational Health and Safety Manager, Mr Yomi Ayoola, Hospitality Consultant- Expose Brands and Alhaji Maijama'a Abdullaji,from National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), who was represented by Mr Bashir Oladosu, were of the opinion that there should be quality service delivery, there should be investment in training and capacity building for hospitality industry personnel coupled with constant monitoring to ensure compliance with global best practices.

it was suggested that Night clubs should have visible signages indicating ingress and exit doors people are aware of in and out of the building and not "when there is emergency, definitely, stampede would occur".
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://punchng.com/lagos-to-enforce-indoor-smoking-area-at-nightclubs/&ved=2ahUKEwiskZOPkd-EAxXTV0EAHZT9BrkQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw30UB0BcFgSx6FAxaXAerOI

11 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by stano2(m): 9:12am On Mar 06
Nothing Musa no go see for gate

1 Like

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by WhiteWood: 9:12am On Mar 06
Good! Indoor smoking is dangerous.

Meanwhile, in other news, the Edo people have been using the Obidient movement to cash out. Bottom line is -- the Edo people have taken the OBI  MOVEMENT as their cash cow. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by omoredia: 9:13am On Mar 06
To sha show that we are working. How does this make any sense?

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Nokio2: 9:14am On Mar 06
Wetin burnaboy go do now

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Frigga13: 9:14am On Mar 06
This is Nigeria’s problem...

Is well..

.. and like this they don use this collect better block wey run into better thousands of dollars ..

This country sef..

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Ibile77(m): 9:15am On Mar 06
May Almighty God help them to conquer mighty men in and out of the government who directly and indirectly empower the night club to flagrantly disobey the government directives and policies.
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Saao(m): 9:15am On Mar 06
What about agbero at motor park, streets and everywhere in Lagos? Hypocrites everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by datola: 9:16am On Mar 06
omoredia:
To sha show that we are working. How does this make any sense?

It does make sense and should be enforced. You are endangering the lives of others by smoking close to them especially in an enclosed places such as clubs. You are turning them to secondary smokers and smokers are liable to die young.

5 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Frigga13: 9:17am On Mar 06
Saao:
What about agbero at motor park, streets and everywhere in Lagos? Hypocrites everywhere

Now you get the gist.. grin

Nigeria Na all about looting the funds

Just look for something anyhow and present to the person that knows person that knows the main person

To share money.. all Na idea ..

1 Like

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:21am On Mar 06
Nice one but hope oluomo boys too will be in the picture
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by naptu2: 9:21am On Mar 06
The regulation has existed since 1990, but it has never been enforced.

I remember saying (in 1990) that it won't be enforced and I was proved right.

grin That morning I went to a chain smoker and told him that smoking indoors has been banned and he said, "Don't mind them".

4 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by tonicyril: 9:23am On Mar 06
People that claim to want a saner clime will still oppose this and talk trash about it... grin grin grin
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by kingar(m): 9:24am On Mar 06
These guys are not happy with new development. See their faces

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Dpharisee: 9:28am On Mar 06
WhiteWood:

Meanwhile, in other news, the Edo people have been using the Obidient movement to cash out. Bottom line is -- the Edo people have taken the OBI  MOVEMENT as their cash cow. Lol.

Ogbeni Rauf Ebinpawa please take a short break you are derailing too many threads with this repeated post undecided

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by LaIabobo: 9:28am On Mar 06
How it should be done.
Smoke in the designated area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:34am On Mar 06
Good move, that is how someone will say I don't smoke but they will enter one club and be inhaling smoke from other people's lungs, that is another form of smoking

1 Like

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by hedeybody: 9:42am On Mar 06
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by hedeybody: 9:42am On Mar 06
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Dantedasz(m): 9:44am On Mar 06
I just wish smokers would respect the rights of non smokers in enclosed spaces.
A non smoker is sitting in an enclosed space and a smoker enters and lights up his cigarette without a care and proceeds to start blowing second hand smoke into the non smokers face and lungs,without a care or regard.
It needs a lot of work and re-education on people's rights.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Real2088: 9:51am On Mar 06
If I no smoke for club wetin I dey fine? These people are seriously pushing the masses to the streets without knowing it,wetin Nigerians take dey calm pressure now instead of sniper and Dem still come there and you say these people no be wiich? The other day na Satchet drinks Dem ban for one place like that,but to ask themselves why the intake of all these has increased in Nigeria and not just among the youths,they don't fuckin care,So as i no be alcohol person i wan go clubbing make i carry my sniper join body ,na una go drink am, Holy Ghost fire!
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Obi3icebaba(m): 10:11am On Mar 06
WhiteWood:

Is this what they gave you people to post on all platforms today?... Well I'm not even angry cos you have to redeem your monthly peanut

3 Likes

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Draslo(m): 10:11am On Mar 06
I count like 5+ smokers in this pishur

Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by WhiteWood: 10:21am On Mar 06
Obi3icebaba:

Is this what they gave you people to post on all platforms today?... Well I'm not even angry cos you have to redeem[b] your monthly peanut[/b]

If you care to know -- it's currently 4:20 AM in Albany, New York, and the cash flow is already looking promising. grin
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by benuejosh: 10:29am On Mar 06
I think the commissioner of environment in Lagos will be the next governor of the state.
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by TheZeezle(m): 11:14am On Mar 06
😂😂😂

Real2088:
If I no smoke for club wetin I dey fine? These people are seriously pushing the masses to the streets without knowing it,wetin Nigerians take dey calm pressure now instead of sniper and Dem still come there and you say these people no be wiich? The other day na Satchet drinks Dem ban for one place like that,but to ask themselves why the intake of all these has increased in Nigeria and not just among the youths,they don't fuckin care,So as i no be alcohol person i wan go clubbing make i carry my sniper join body ,na una go drink am, Holy Ghost fire!
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by ufotunang: 11:37am On Mar 06
Upon all the problems hunger hardship lagosians are facing...this is the problem of the Lagos state government?
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Obi3icebaba(m): 11:41am On Mar 06
WhiteWood:

If you care to know -- it's currently 4:20 AM in Albany, New York, and the cash flow is already looking promising. grin

It 11:41 in Nigeria and why are you laughing at you own stupidity
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Faposky95: 12:06pm On Mar 06
stano2:
Nothing Musa no go see for gate

all these lagos employee wey go dey pose sef...
see as dem rezemble multiple twinz
Re: LASG To Enforce Regulations On Indoor Smoking At Night Clubs by Charly68: 1:00pm On Mar 06
Lagos state is a smart thinking state . Very innovative and organized in structure. The state makes money by solving different problem for the public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly / Baraje-led PDP Elects NWC Members / Plateau Blood Bath: CNN's Christine Amanpour's View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.