Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President (21830 Views)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by surgical: 11:25am On Mar 06
Jennyclay:
Scary part is that, 5k can no longer cook a pot of soup. Just a kilo of Titus fish is sold for #5,100 here in my area.

May God help us undecided
No the scary part is Nigerians are accepting believing there is nothing they can do about it, listening to cock and bull stories from government apologist,that attitude will prolong the suffering and hardship, if you don't confront your bully or oppressors, you will continue to be in shackles
Government exists to improve the welfare of citizens, that's their job not to compound the woes of the people
But thus government seems to be oblivious of that,and they don't even care

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Didijiji: 11:25am On Mar 06
Coolestguy2023:

I don't expect fooolish people, greedy people and thieves like you to agree with me.
People like you are exactly the kind of thing i am talking about, looking for every opportunity to reap others and blame it on the price of things in the market like say na only your papa dey enter market buy things.
You are generationally fooolish for trying to deflate the fault from government and put on the people.. I am sure your father was amongst those stupid ojota protesters that destroyed good living in Nigeria

Same useless government said subsidy is gone yet paying over 1 trillion

Where are the CNG buses?

Where are the grains from the reserves?

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by bentenny(m): 11:28am On Mar 06
What do we expect?
A country where diesel that was sold #250 per litre suddenly increased to 800-900...it's now sold between 1450-1500!
Most manufacturers in Nigeria make use of diesel to not only process and package their products but also use diesel trailers to send this commodities to long distant states!
The end user which is the consumer will surely suffer after the manufacturers and distributors have inputted their overall cost...shocking prices like these become inevitable!

Like I said before on another thread,if the government is serious,they should be tackling
Insecurity
Epileptic electricity
High transport cost
Multiplicity of taxes etc
Until then,no surprises if the price assumes further increase!

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by olaniyilukman(m): 11:28am On Mar 06
Blaze14k:
I bought pure water bag 600 in my area 2 days ago. I thought that 50 naira for one sachet was a joke. Hmm tinubu shouldn't plunge us into anarchy this is no longer a joke
where exactly do you live bro, because I bought the same one bag of pure water at the rate #250 today
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by FinidiGeorge: 11:29am On Mar 06
adioolayi:
Go back to Egbo and Ewa, Ekuru, Moinmoin, Alapa, Amala, Eba, Iyan, Ogi

Do away with Indomie, Rice and Spaghetti..

We kuku no dey eat them years back..na civilisation put us here.
Yeah you are right, but the farms were very secure then, no wahala ... but now, no food, no farm.
Una never see anyfin grin grin One Nigerriiiaaaaa grin
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Coolestguy2023: 11:29am On Mar 06
Didijiji:
you are generationally fooolish for trying to deflate the fault from government and put on the people.. I am sure your father was amongst those stupid ojota protesters that destroyed good living in Nigeria

I know thieves like you will still quote me to display your stupidity on my comment. Na government also say make your papa no send you go school to have common sense too.
Failed ba*tards in life always find a way to blame government for everything in life instead of them to blame there parents for been a contributor for there miserable failed ruined lives.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by obinna58(m): 11:29am On Mar 06
Jennyclay:
Scary part is that, 5k can no longer cook a pot of soup. Just a kilo of Titus fish is sold for #5,100 here in my area.

Jenny you sabi cook? That’s un Jenny like
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Blaze14k: 11:30am On Mar 06
olaniyilukman:
where exactly do you live bro, because I bought the same one bag of pure water at the rate #250 today

PH
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by TheTravelingOne(f): 11:30am On Mar 06
Nigerians need to start hiring assassins for these people

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by olaniyilukman(m): 11:31am On Mar 06
Blaze14k:

PH
but still the same, the price is too much, I think our people are using this inflationary period to deliberately exploit the people, why are we so wicked like this in Nigeria
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Privatepart00: 11:32am On Mar 06
Jennyclay:

Such a broke girl you are
With all this your attention seeking comments
N5000 was what you use in cooking soup initially
shocked shocked shocked
Imagine the rubbish you have been consuming
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by kingxsamz(m): 11:32am On Mar 06
I asked for the price of indomitables the other day and I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous price. This was something that was well below #3000 in 2020.
That's what happens when you have a useIess, blind, old lifeless bat leading the country.
A very cIueIess bat stard. His administration will never amount to anything good, so everyone should brace up. This is the reality.

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Jughead29: 11:33am On Mar 06
Everything is jumping, yet our salary/earning is not jumping... Please what is more than hell than this Country 😢😭

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by obinna58(m): 11:33am On Mar 06
Sapiosexuality:
But seriously, what's the excuse for Indomie?
U blind? You no see maize, wheat price?
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by myforty68: 11:33am On Mar 06
Polecemist versus apologists
Game on
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by surgical: 11:34am On Mar 06
RepoMan007:
Lament and pass. That's what most Nigerians will do. No one will accept to farm wheat, corn, groundnut or potatoes now the prices have doubled.
you are very unreasonable, if the problem is about farming, the hunger and high prices would have started before now,it will not need Tinubu to activate it
What is happening is gross incompetence from an operated ,street man

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Didijiji: 11:35am On Mar 06
Coolestguy2023:

I know thieves like you will still quote me to display your stupidity on my comment. Na government also say make your papa no send you go school to have common sense too.
Failed ba*tards in life always find a way to blame government for everything in life instead of them to blame there parents for been a contributor for there miserable failed ruined lives.
Continue deflating the fault from the stupid government you supported and voted into power

But you father and his uncles and regional leaders blamed Jonathan's government in 2012

Now that life is 20 times worse, they are no where to be found because hypocrites like you are littered over the internet posting stupid comments.

If i no blame government, na your papa i go blame?

Maybe na your papa removed subsidy and floated naira

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Blaze14k: 11:37am On Mar 06
olaniyilukman:
but still the same, the price is too much, I think our people are using this inflationary period to deliberately exploit the people, why are we so wicked like this in Nigeria

Normally things are expensive in pH so am not surprised. Buh I believe they will bring down
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by GoodSpirit: 11:37am On Mar 06
magoo10:
It wasn't this bad when they were threatening Jonathan with coffins way back.
Yet they want us to clap for them

There is no comparison, Jonathan's minimum wage of 19800 is worth close to 200k in today's purchasing power.. Imagine minimum wage buying 2bags of rice and still having change but 2bags now is worth 150k today. This is no longer a joke

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Coolestguy2023: 11:39am On Mar 06
Didijiji:
Continue deflating the fault from the stupid government you supported and voted into power

But you father and his uncles and regional leaders blamed Jonathan's government in 2012

Now that life is 20 times worse, they are no where to be found because hypocrites like you are littered over the internet posting stupid comments.

If i no blame government, na your papa i go blame?

Maybe na your papa removed subsidy and floated naira

Oga, you are a born failure in life and stop attacking government for your poor wretched life. Even in this economy, smart people are cashing out and doing great things. Since them born your papa, you don enjoy anything from any government till now.
You better get things doing with your miserable life and work your way out of poverty instead of waiting for government which you go wait tilo you die and you no go achieve anything.
Get a life dude and stop been a nuisances on SM
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Nazgul: 11:39am On Mar 06
mariahAngel:
Yet Peter Obi is their problem.
This is what I still don't understand.

With the level of suffering in the land, how Tinubu convinced his online miscreants that Peter Obi is their problem still baffles me.

Whenever Peter Obi makes a statement, the way you'll see them pounce on it, you'll think Peter Obi is the one who plunged Nigeria into this mess. They won't condemn their so called master strategist. The black man truly has a problem.

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by iLegendd(m): 11:40am On Mar 06
Even if prices increase to a million, they are still cheap. No Nigerian is poor — they can afford it.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Kaybaba5(m): 11:40am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
The solution to this is feeding once daily. Feeding once daily has its advantages as it helps reduces obesity and diabetes. Too much consumption of food is detrimental to our health. Let's try to persevere and endure a little longer as President Tinubu is working extremely hard to fix our economy. His renewed hope agenda and track record in Lagos should give us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's support our President and pray Gond grant him good health as he strives to turn our country into an economic Giant.

This APC is evil this is how they will be telling you to be patient for 4yrs...
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by RepoMan007: 11:41am On Mar 06
surgical:
you are very unreasonable, if the problem is about farming, the hunger and high prices would have started before now,it will not need Tinubu to activate it
What is happening is gross incompetence from an operated ,street man
between 2020 and 2022 prices doubled also. I guess Tinubu was the president then too.

Learn to separate election loss emotion from analysis.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by stallionng: 11:43am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
The solution to this is feeding once daily. Feeding once daily has its advantages as it helps reduces obesity and diabetes. Too much consumption of food is detrimental to our health. Let's try to persevere and endure a little longer as President Tinubu is working extremely hard to fix our economy. His renewed hope agenda and track record in Lagos should give us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's support our President and pray God grant him good health as he strives to turn our country into an economic Giant.
As you recommend feeding once a day to the masses,any day any member of your house hold eat more than once a day as you recommended,God will judge you.
,some can't even afford one meal a day and you don't even have human feelings for them have you asked yourself civil servants on #30,000 a month with children,house rent, school fees etc how do they survive.?

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by Didijiji: 11:45am On Mar 06
Coolestguy2023:

Oga, you are a born failure in life and stop attacking government for your poor wretched life. Even in this economy, smart people are cashing out and doing great things. Since them born your papa, you don enjoy anything from any government till now.
You better get things doing with your miserable life and work your way out of poverty instead of waiting for government which you go wait tilo you die and you no go achieve anything.
Get a life dude and stop been a nuisances on SM
May life treat all of you as the chameleons that you are

demons...

Because your clueless tribe man is in power and destroying what is left of Nigeria, you want people to keep suffering and be quiet about it

You removed subsidy yet paying more than others did, yet the price the ordinary man pays for fuel is the worse ever

IS THAT NOT WITCHCRAFT?

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by blowjohn(m): 11:45am On Mar 06
Jennyclay:

I tot u eat salmon and tuna? cheesy cheesy
Titus is for small gals and small boys na
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by millionboi2: 11:45am On Mar 06
Watianoengineer:
The solution to this is feeding once daily. Feeding once daily has its advantages as it helps reduces obesity and diabetes. Too much consumption of food is detrimental to our health. Let's try to persevere and endure a little longer as President Tinubu is working extremely hard to fix our economy. His renewed hope agenda and track record in Lagos should give us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's support our President and pray God grant him good health as he strives to turn our country into an economic Giant.
you are nothing but a story teller.
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by tishbite43: 11:46am On Mar 06
GoodSpirit:

There is no comparison, Jonathan's minimum wage of 19800 is worth close to 200k in today's purchasing power.. Imagine minimum wage buying 2bags of rice and still having change but 3bags now is worth 150k today. This is no longer a joke
Your description is apt
You painted the real picture
Re: Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President by chacoonder(m): 11:48am On Mar 06
Sapiosexuality:
But seriously, what's the excuse for Indomie?
indomie has gone back to its previous price, 8400

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beans Lovers / What Foods Will I Take In Nigeria To Gain Weigh very Fast. / Do You Eat Edible Worms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.