Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Fake Naval Officer Held With Arms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Naval Officer Held With Arms (527 Views)

Dasuki Bought Assets In London And Dubai With Arms Cash - EFCC / Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fake Naval Officer Held With Arms by lagcity(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2011
Fake Naval officer held with arms
By Jude Isiguzo 11/11/2011 00:40:00
Font size:
A fake Naval officer was found yesterday with a large catche of arms and ammunition He was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Igando area of Lagos State.
Godwin David, an indigene of Umuahia in Abia State, was arrested in his hideout after his gang of robbers and kidnappers, who had been arrested by SARS, led the police to him.

Four rocket launchers, nine AK 47 rifles, two locally made handcuffs, 30 magazines, live ammunition, four fake Naval caps and uniform, charms and four unused cartridges were discovered at his hideout.
David said: “We go for major operations, ranging from N2 million and above, and my share is usually bigger than every other gang member’s share because I am the leader.

“When we go out for the operation, we dress in Naval uniforms so that no policeman or soldier on the road will suspect us. Once we get to our hit area, we take off the uniforms and begin our operation,” he said.

Godwin also confessed that his gang has kidnapped four people who paid several millions for their release.
“We have kidnapped four people in Lagos. We collected N2 million and N4 million from two of the victims.
“I was in the camp when I saw my boy with a man who came on an Okada. I heard a gunshot and immediately, I opened fire, and before I knew what was happening, I was arrested by SARS operatives.”
Re: Fake Naval Officer Held With Arms by lagcity(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Ghd Australia / Bill 2 Abolish Bore Holes In Anambra Underway / Revealed: Victims Of Xmas Day Bombings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.