Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,547 members, 7,858,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention (273 Views)

Umahi To Meet Cement Manufacturers Over Prices / Petrol Scarcity, Ploy To Hike Price - Marketers / FG, Cement Manufacturers Agree On Discount Charge For 300,000 Low Cost Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention by Mateco556: 10:32am On Mar 07
In a bid to address the soaring cement prices in Nigeria, major cement manufacturers, including Dangote Cement, BUA Cement, and Lafarge Africa, recently agreed to slash prices by approximately 50%. This decision came after a meeting convened by the Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, Uzoka-Anite, which was attended by the Minister of Works, David Umahi. However, despite the agreement, cement prices in the country remain exorbitant, ranging from N10,000 to N14,000 per bag.

Despite the concerted efforts by the federal government to intervene in the situation, there has been no noticeable change in cement prices on the ground. Despite...

https://ratecaptain.com/cement-manufacturers-hike-price-further-amid-fg-intervention/
Re: Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention by fkelly(m): 10:40am On Mar 07
Do u expect them to sale below production and delivery cost? the effect of delivery those products to their respective distributors is not madam put extra.

As the government is asking them to reduce price, the government on its own should also reduce their own price too.
Re: Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention by anungangampu: 11:03am On Mar 07
Rent is about to hit high
Re: Cement Manufacturers Hike Price Further Amid FG Intervention by Asonaijaaso: 11:44am On Mar 07
Thats why foreign investors would never take us seriously
Open up the cement market
Stop the monopolies
Cement raw material is exploited freely by Dangote and Co
But they still charge Nigerians exorbitantly
Even though Nigeria doesn't charge them.

Unless you guarantee me the same protection and monoply the cement companies get in Nigeria,I wont bring my money

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Appointed Dr. Temitope Ilori DG NACA / The Moment The FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike Boasted, I Have The Keys To OPOBO. / Breaking News: Fg Begins Employment For 3mtt Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.