Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Double Mind? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Double Mind? (1878 Views)

Poll: Have you considered abandoning Islam for another religion before?

Yes: 18% (2 votes)
No: 81% (9 votes)
Somewhat: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Islam teaches Double Loss For Assassins And Suicide Bombers / Salafi Crimes And The West’s Double Standards / The Secret Double Life Of A Hijabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
After observing what is going on around the world pertaining to Islam, like terrorism, violence towards women, al majiri, mu'tah marriage, etc.  Have you ever had a double mind on whether to abandon Islam  or whether the whole religion is mythical due to loop holes?. What was it that made you reconsider your stance on Islam?.Presently, can you claim to be a muslim because you want to or because your family lured you into it and you cannot disappoint them by abandoning the religion? .Please vote.
Re: Double Mind? by Sweetnecta: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
why abandon what makes sense regarding God and go to what is not?

no one says every muslim will be perfect. In the Quran, Allah talks about the munafiqun [hypocrites] among us as being worse that outside Kafirun [disbelievers].

What is new, again. We weathered many storms, and 911 and its related problems and proxies, we shall weather, InshaAllah. Amin.

While Amaka is woman, Emeka is almost a man. So mehn, carry go or carry on. No wahala. many will become muslims among the igbos. You will be left all alone in you Trinity of God.

This week, Allah will make someone I know from Igbo blood become muslim. Amin.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
Sweetnecta:

why abandon what makes sense regarding God and go to what is not?

no one says every muslim will be perfect. In the Quran, Allah talks about the munafiqun [hypocrites] among us as being worse that outside Kafirun [disbelievers].

What is new, again. We weathered many storms, and 911 and its related problems and proxies, we shall weather, InshaAllah. Amin.

While Amaka is woman, Emeka is almost a man. So mehn, carry go or carry on. No wahala. many will become muslims among the igbos. You will be left all alone in you Trinity of God.

This week, Allah will make someone I know from Igbo blood become muslim. Amin.
What concerns me with Igbos and them becoming muslims and why are you so obsessed with my gender?. The question is : Have you considered abandoning islam no matter for what reason?. And why did you make that consideration?. Is it due to disappointment, frustration, deception by muslims or what?. Are you a muslim today because you ought to or is it because your family introduced you into it and there is no way of coming out unharmed?
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
@OP,
You're ridiculous and full of desperation.

When looking for the religion to follow,you have to look for the truth,facts and what pleases God and not men and their petty outlook such as yours.that religion is ISLAM!

All the negativity you express either have nothing to do with Islam or is due to your pessimistic orientation.Islam has nothing to do with violence or terror.it is either the muslims are not following Islam as the religion preaches peace or the enemies of Islam are misrepresenting and distorting the legitimate rights of self-defence of muslims to tarnish the image of Islam.if you ask me,both cases are happening.

Regarding,the issue of mutah,you sound like a b*tch.you are irritating.you have being told by sunnis that they dont practice it.and i a shia who sees mutah as permissibe have told you that there are conditions and guidelines for its practice.i even suggested in the other thread you started that you read about mutah in your 'holy' bible.there is nothing you see or think as 'evil' you can pinpoint in Islam without in reality and practically pointing far worse,uglier and disgusting things in your bible and christianity.you can sugarcoat and market all your sh*t for honey.but the smell of you sh*t would not change.

Stop being an attention seeker through provocation of muslims in an islamic forum.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
LagosShia:

@OP,
You're ridiculous and full of desperation.

When looking for the religion to follow,you have to look for the truth,facts and what pleases God and not men and their petty outlook such as yours.that religion is ISLAM!
Which facts do you have that contradicts the ones I have?. Are you trying to deny that terrorism has strong roots in Islam?. How are you so SURE since you are talking of facts that God is pleased with the activities of muslims?

LagosShia:

All the negativity you express either have nothing to do with Islam or is due to your pessimistic orientation.Islam has nothing to do with violence or terror.it is either the muslims are not following Islam as the religion preaches peace or the enemies of Islam are misrepresenting and distorting the legitimate rights of self-defence of muslims to tarnish the image of Islam.if you ask me,both cases are happening.

Regarding,the issue of mutah,you sound like a b*tch.you are irritating.you have being told by sunnis that they dont practice it.and i a shia who sees mutah as permissibe have told you that there are conditions and guidelines for its practice.i even suggested in the other thread you started that you read about mutah in your 'holy' bible.there is nothing you see or think as 'evil' you can pinpoint in Islam without in reality and practically pointing far worse,uglier and disgusting things in your bible and christianity.you can sugarcoat and market all your excreta for honey.but the smell of you excreta would not change.

Stop being an attention seeker through provocation of muslims in an islamic forum.

Sir, can you please elucidate on the conditions by which Mutah marriage/moralprostitution is allowed in shia Islam?.
Re: Double Mind? by Sweetnecta: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2011
^ Which kain is double mind, naau?

To ask me if I doubted Islam is really asking if it is sunny when even it is midnight and the outside is peach black.

Why do I have to doubt Islam? No reason and I do not want to be anything else.

Your Emeka, may become a Muslim, InshaAllah sooner than you think.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^ Which kain is double mind, naau?

To ask me if I doubted Islam is really asking if it is sunny when even it is midnight and the outside is peach black.

Why do I have to doubt Islam? No reason and I do not want to be anything else.

Your Emeka, may become a Muslim, InshaAllah sooner than you think.

Give me one reason to adopt a religion that relegates women to the back bench and denigrates black men?. Why should I join you to worship the God of Sani Abacha?, IBB?, Abiola?, Arisekola Alao?, Adedibu?; Is there anything to emulate from the lives of these men listed above that should make me seek to worship their God?. Give me that God that breeds by fire and answers prayers when I call and I will worship Him; give me that God who got the whole world in His hands and give me that God who loves mankind dearly irrespective of their gender, give me  the lion of the tribe of Judah, give me  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. The author and perfecter of our faith, the prince of peace, the rose of  Sharon, the comforter, the healer, the horn of salvation, the bishop of souls; I believe His name is Jesus Christ and you are more busy practicing Islamic religion than knowing Him. Your life can be better and there is hope for a joyous life as a Christian than a miserable life as a religious muslim. I'm praying for you.
The divine law of Allah, Sha’ria, does not recognize ‘forced sex’ on women after marriage. There is nothing called marital violation. Once ‘mahr’ is paid, the wife is a legal sex-slave of the man (often next to three other equally helpless wives). In prostitution, a customer does not need to bother about the intimate gratification of the LovePeddler. Similarly, the intimate desires and preferences of the women are not recognized in Islam. Marital violation incidents are too high in Bangladesh, as Azad (1995, p. 240) lamented, “For a woman, the first night after marriage is the night of forcible sex. In Bangladesh, the number of marital violation incidents is several times higher than any other Desecrates.” 

Islam’s attitude towards women can better be understood from a sixteenth century treatise, The perfumed garden by Shaykh Nefzawi. “Do you know women’s religion is in their vaginas?” Nefzawi asked, “they are insatiable as per as their vulvas are concerned, and so long as their lust is satisfied they do not care whether it is a buffoon, a negro, a valet, or even a despised man. It is Satan, who makes the juices flow from their vaginas” (cited Warraq, 1995. p. 290).
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Which facts do you have that contradicts the ones I have?. Are you trying to deny that terrorism has strong roots in Islam?. How are you so SURE since you are talking of facts that God is pleased with the activities of muslims?

i have told you that islam got nothing to do with terror. I explained to you the possibilities for misunderstanding Islam in this case.

Islam is not christianity with your god who is more or less a virgin collector.he orders his followers to kill everyone even boys and woman except virgins.and thousands were killed.check the book of numbers 31.also,this same god of yours killed over 50,000 for looking into an ark.even hitler would shy on such record!he also killed young boys for just mocking a prophet.and ofcourse he is a baby smasher.he calls for the skulls of babies to be smashed against rocks in psalms.

Now that is terror!

Sir, can you please elucidate on the conditions by which Mutah marriage/moralprostitution is allowed in shia Islam?.
when you use stupid words to demonstrate you have locked your mind then you're in critical state of mental health.

You opened this thread to ask if i doubt Islam and i told you NO with explanation.you opened another thread on mutah and i linked you to an earlier thread where the subject was discussed.i stated that i will not go over the same topic again whenever someone is in a bad mood against muslims or her husband has severely flogged her in bed.if you have anything new or not yet discussed on mutah,go to the link i provided.

If you insist,then the burden of giving an explanation on mutah also lies on you.your bible has stories of the worst cases of 'moral pros.titution'.we see men of God with great merits talked about in the same bible having dozens of concubines.that is found in your 'holy' bible you believe is the word of God.that is aside from the cases of por.no.graphic narrations,in.cest,ra.pe,adul.tery and wife snatching by men of your biblical God in your 'holy' bible.

You're a re.tard because no matter how bad you try to describe Islam (which ofcourse is not the case),your own religion and its 'holy' book are worse and utter evil in reality.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2011
And please madam emeka,our women are more dignified than you,your mother and all your women in your clan.judge the treatement of women based on the Quran and the words of the Prophet (s);not a treatise written by any sheikh.

Unfortunately we are living a time when christian women half-na.ked in a music videos are seen as more enligtened and free than a muslim woman in hijab meant to protect her beauty,body and dignity and integrity.your likes are used as sex tools.so shut up!

And if you really want to talk about the christianity in the bible,women are not even allowed to talk in church.also,a woman without scarf should have her head shaved.check that in Paul's corinthians.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
LagosShia:

And please madam emeka,our women are more dignified than you,your mother and all your women in your clan.judge the treatement of women based on the Quran and the words of the Prophet (s);not a treatise written by any sheikh.

Unfortunately we are living a time when christian women half-na.ked in a music videos are seen as more enligtened and free than a muslim woman in hijab meant to protect her beauty,body and dignity and integrity.your likes are used as sex tools.so shut up!

And if you really want to talk about the christianity in the bible,women are not even allowed to talk in church.also,a woman without scarf should have her head shaved.check that in Paul's corinthians.

Are you more interested in elucidating your stance or insulting me and backlashing Christianity?. If you want Christians to engage you on issues in Christianity, you can open a thread and ask questions. I did ask questions on issues bordering me about Islam and all I get from you is insults on my person and my family. Is that what Muhammad taught you?.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2011
LagosShia:

i have told you that islam got nothing to do with terror. I explained to you the possibilities for misunderstanding Islam in this case.

How do I believe you when terroristic groups are constantly bred in mosques under the guidance of your imams and alfas?. Did it start today?. Do you know that the word "assassin" is derived from Islam[Hashshashin]?. So it is not today or in this century that muslims started terrorizing the living.

LagosShia:

You opened this thread to ask if i doubt Islam and i told you NO with explanation.you opened another thread on mutah and i linked you to an earlier thread where the subject was discussed.i stated that i will not go over the same topic again whenever someone is in a bad mood against muslims or her husband has severely flogged her in bed.if you have anything new or not yet discussed on mutah,go to the link i provided.
I tried reading the thread and all I saw was insults arranged like musical lyrics in stanzas. So, instead of insulting me further, do explain to me why shia muslims still practice mutah/moral prostitution marriage?

LagosShia:

[b]If you insist,then the burden of giving an explanation on mutah also lies on you.your bible has stories of the worst cases of 'moral pros.titution'.we see men of God with great merits talked about in the same bible having dozens of concubines.[/b]that is found in your 'holy' bible you believe is the word of God.that is aside from the cases of por.no.graphic narrations,in.cest,ra.pe,adul.tery and wife snatching by men of your biblical God in your 'holy' bible.

You're a re.tard because no matter how bad you try to describe Islam (which ofcourse is not the case),your own religion and its 'holy' book are worse and utter evil in reality.

While it is very difficult to distract you from your fixation on Christianity, do you mind telling me the chapters and verses where Mutah marriage is practiced in the bible?.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Are you more interested in elucidating your stance or insulting me and backlashing Christianity?. If you want Christians to engage you on issues in Christianity, you can open a thread and ask questions. I did ask questions on issues bordering me about Islam and all I get from you is insults on my person and my family. Is that what Muhammad taught you?.
no wonder you are not allowed to talk in church because nothing good comes from your filthy mind and mouth.

You are not interested in knowing about islam otherwise you wont be using outragious adjectives and a so called treatise of a sugar daddy from bangladesh to attack Islam and use it as the basis for Islamic law and norm.

You and your type in christianity and not even your greatest heads can engage me on the bible or christianity.where i appear your likes run.the bible serves as the greatest evidence against itself,you and christianity.

When you and what you believe in are far worse than what you attribute to Islam,you should have the shame not to raise your finger against Islam.

What i will give you and your likes is 'fire for fire'.if you persist i will not leave any shameful verse from your bible that i wont slap you with.unfortunately,ive being very busy to follow the forum as i was and post in details.i see all the nonsense you've being posting.when i get the time be assured that no nonsense of yours would go unanswered and unrefuted.

And a final advice,you should wish you could have a muslim man of class as your husband.then you'd know the difference with your adulterous drunkards.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
LagosShia:

no wonder you are not allowed to talk in church because nothing good comes from your filthy mind and mouth.

You are not interested in knowing about islam otherwise you wont be using outragious adjectives and a so called treatise of a sugar daddy from bangladesh to attack Islam and use it as the basis for Islamic law and norm.

You and your type in christianity and not even your greatest heads can engage me on the bible or christianity.where i appear your likes run.the bible serves as the greatest evidence against itself,you and christianity.

When you and what you believe in are far worse than what you attribute to Islam,you should have the shame not to raise your finger against Islam.

What i will give you and your likes is 'fire for fire'.if you persist i will not leave any shameful verse from your bible that i wont slap you with.unfortunately,ive being very busy to follow the forum as i was and post in details.i see all the nonsense you've being posting.when i get the time be assured that no nonsense of yours would go unanswered and unrefuted.

And a final advice,you should wish you could have a muslim man of class as your husband.then you'd know the difference with your adulterous drunkards.

Instead of typing these long epistles, why not use that same energy to  tell me why shia muslims practice mutah marriage/morap prostitution or are you trying to dodge that question?. Why are you shia by the way?. Do you know that Sunnis also refers to shias as keferis?. Imagine a religion where your own brethren refer to you as keferi due to doctrinal differences?. Trust me, I know muslims very well because I got them in my family. 2 of my uncles are one and their children have all converted save one and by the time I finish with that one, he will surrender to Christ. He is only afraid of all the women/wives he will be missing if he accepts Christ but besides, him others have seen the light and accepted Christ.

Another question is, how do muslims manage to have so many wives, when only four are sanctioned to each of them?. Did they do little manipulations to their quran in order to have as many women as possible?. Allah said in quran (4:3), “Marry what seems good to you of women, by twos, threes or fours”. This statement was interpreted in different ways by different quranic scholars – one scholar added two, three and four and got nine wives. Another got a total of 18 wives by doubling two, three and four and added the results (Eraly, 1977). Since, in Islam there is no shortage of quranic scholars, there are many interpretations when fat incentives are given. This is how the number of women in private harems increased.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
I have really answered you queries.i cant be detailed because i am using a hand device.when i get the comfort of my pc at home i would revisit this thread.for now you can find brief answers.i will answer all the points you raised later on.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2011
I have really answered you queries.i cant be detailed because i am using a hand device.when i get the comfort of my pc at home i would revisit this thread.for now you can find brief answers.i will answer all the points you raised later on.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
LagosShia:

Whenever you get home, do make out time to answer these questions because I want to get to the bottom of his mutah marriage.
Re: Double Mind? by vedaxcool(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2011
no not all and any time I read verses like this I say Alhamdulilah, I am part of those that are rightly guided. smiley smiley smiley

Why are Christians so notorious in sinning throughout the world? What is the real secret behind it?

As the latest devastating and quite embarrassing reality check study about premarital sex in the United States of America have revealed, 95% of all Americans had premarital sex! Now of course, one must take into consideration that out of the 250 million Americans, there are around 12 to 15 million Muslims, which puts them around the 5% percentile. This means that almost 100% of the Jews and Christians in the US had sex before marriage!

So why is that? What is it about Christians that makes them so noticeably attracted to pornography, sex, sodomy, homosexuality, lust, drugs, alcohol (thousands die from fatal "drinking and driving" accidents every year), bikinis where 99% of the woman's unclothedness is fully exposed, inappropriate clothes, immoral TV and media (their white and black-race music is all about love and sex), violence, gangs, thugs and so on? Why is it that where ever there are Christian dominated societies, these evil things are always at their PRIME?

I've debated Christians long and hard on this subject before, and even demonstrated to them that their bible sings praises and glories about women's vaginas and breasts tasting like "wine", hence it is a book that promotes pornography, but they still insist that Christianity does not promote these things and that it is man that always falls short from the Glory and Will of GOD Almighty. But non-Christians throughout history and throughout the world, including pagans, all combined aren't even close to the Christians when it comes to these evil things!! And in Islam, we don't really fall that short from the Glory and Will of GOD Almighty. A Muslim who lives in an Islamic atmosphere is completely ignorant about these things!
Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
i
Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2011
sorry
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2011
vedaxcool:

no not all and any time I read verses like this I say Alhamdulilah, I am part of those that are rightly guided.  smiley smiley smiley

Why are Christians so notorious in sinning throughout the world?  What is the real secret behind it?

As the latest devastating and quite embarrassing reality check study about premarital sex in the United States of America have revealed, 95% of all Americans had premarital sex!  Now of course, one must take into consideration that out of the 250 million Americans, there are around 12 to 15 million Muslims, which puts them around the 5% percentile.  This means that almost 100% of the Jews and Christians in the US Were Intimate before marriage!

So why is that?  What is it about Christians that makes them so noticeably attracted to Indecency, sex, sodomy, homosexuality, lust, drugs, alcohol (thousands die from fatal "drinking and driving" accidents every year), bikinis where 99% of the woman's unclothedness is fully exposed, inappropriate clothes, immoral TV and media (their white and black-race music is all about love and sex), violence, gangs, thugs and so on?  Why is it that where ever there are Christian dominated societies, these evil things are always at their PRIME?

I've debated Christians long and hard on this subject before, and even demonstrated to them that their bible sings praises and glories about women's vaginas and bosoms tasting like "wine", hence it is a book that promotes Indecency, but they still insist that Christianity does not promote these things and that it is man that always falls short from the Glory and Will of GOD Almighty.  But non-Christians throughout history and throughout the world, including pagans, all combined aren't even close to the Christians when it comes to these evil things!!  And in Islam, we don't really fall that short from the Glory and Will of GOD Almighty.  A Muslim who lives in an Islamic atmosphere is completely ignorant about these things!

I feel you and to buttress your point. The picture below is that of christians happily displaying their homosexuality.

Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Aloyemeka,accept defeat,your book contains strong filthy words,why would you subject your life to such abomination equals to eternal condermnation.

[flash=425,355]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FJ1jGRtyQI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
uplawal:

@Aloyemeka,accept defeat,your book contains strong filthy words,why would you subject your life to such abomination equals to eternal condermnation.

[flash=425,355]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FJ1jGRtyQI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you don't know how to post videos please ask and you shall receive. Besides, stop posting meaningless jargon here by Islamic propagandists. It is low self esteem that make muslims search Youtube for propaganda against Christianity. Use your head and the facts available to you and not some jargon posted by crazy followers of Lois farakhan. Didn't y'all deny members of the nation of islam before?. So you people accept them as fellow muslims when it becomes convenient?,
Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Aloyemeka,this is no low esteem,but pity,so you could be among those that does the will of God as Jesus said,if not, hell awaits you,we are commanded to dialogue with in best reasoning,if you call it low esteem,it does not fit in here,Anyway,i dnt see any problem in the video posted,if is too large,its better for so you can see clearly,and also,the shiekh is neither louis farrakhan, louis farrakhan follower,nor nation of Islam,faraburuku bale,and they are not jargons but facts you need to put in your brain.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
@aloy@emeka

you can ask your questions you'd want me to answer as i'm back home.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 12:00am On Nov 20, 2011
LagosShia:

@aloy@emeka

you can ask your questions you'd want me to answer as i'm back home.

Quranic laws are brutal and archaic. Stonings, floggings, removal of body parts, slavery,genocide, pogroms,  subjugation of women,racism etc. These are all encouraged and justified as 'Allah's law in the Qur'an and  Hadith. Don't you think that when muslims base their beliefs on ancient and outdated scripture, they are buying into a social structure that was developed by primitive, frightened, and particularly brutal people?.

Just out of morbid curiousity then, why do you consider yourself a Muslim? There are a lot of varying beliefs within Islam, but believing in the Qur'an is pretty bare minimum default. Why not just consider yourself Islamic agnostic since the existence of Allah is serious in question? It seems to me that shias believe in Allah, but not necessarily the Allah explained in the Qur'an sunnis read.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Quranic laws are brutal and archaic. Stonings, floggings, removal of body parts, slavery,genocide, pogroms, subjugation of women,racism etc. These are all encouraged and justified as 'Allah's law in the Qur'an and Hadith. Don't you think that when muslims base their beliefs on ancient and outdated scripture, they are buying into a social structure that was developed by primitive, frightened, and particularly brutal people?.

first of all i dont know what you are talking about.if you are truthful bring me just one verse from the Holy Quran that says we should use "stoning" as punishment and i will bring you not less than 10 verses from the bible that permit stonning.please back your claims with Quranic verses so that people can know that what you are alleging is true.show me verses that "encourage" :Stonings, floggings, removal of body parts, slavery,genocide, pogroms, subjugation of women,racism etc. THANKS!

Just out of morbid curiousity then, why do you consider yourself a Muslim? There are a lot of varying beliefs within Islam, but believing in the Qur'an is pretty bare minimum default. Why not just consider yourself Islamic agnostic since the existence of Allah is serious in question? It seems to me that shias believe in Allah, but not necessarily the Allah explained in the Qur'an sunnis read.
i feel you are an idi.ot sincerely.that is the only word that can be used to describe you and it is the least word.

so in your mind because muslims use the word "Allah" to refer to the One,Unseen,Unique,Almighty Creator of everyone and everything,you think He is some sort of an imaginative God?He is the God of Jesus,Moses,Abraham,Noah,Adam,and Muhammad (as).

i am a muslim and i believe in God.i also believe in the holy Quran.the holy Quran is one and for all muslims.when we muslims,be shia or sunni,see a Quran we kiss it and hold it close to our hearts.if you go to china,india,russia,the middle east,europe,and america,you find the same Quran.so what you describe as "varying beliefs" would take anyone out of the fold of islam for not believing in God and the Quran.i am a muslim and a shia.i believe in Allah and the holy Quran.
Re: Double Mind? by LagosShia: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2011
IN THE BIBLE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING,EVEN ANIMALS,SHOULD BE STONED!

For touching Mount Sinai
13There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"
Achan , took of the accursed thing. , And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. , So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban despoil victims who fail to scream loud enough)
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human)
If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. Exodus 21:28

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her , and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say , these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. , But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers , thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother , Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city , And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For giving your children to Molech
Whosoever , giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. , And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones, And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king
Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

ofcourse christians would tell me Jesus said this
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.(John 8:7)

True,but Jesus also said this:

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19[b] Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, [/b]but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

SO WHY DID JESUS SAY WHAT HE SAID IN JOHN 8?

the answer can be found here,in the preceeding verses of John 8:7:

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

so why were they tempting him?

throughout,the pharisees keep bringing riddles and posers to Jesus.they want to either trap him breaking the law of Moses,or if he (Jesus) enforces it,they will then set him up with the roman authority.Jesus did not have political power,so why would they bring an accused woman for Jesus to punish her if their intentions were pure?Jesus knew that so he gave them the right answer and freed himself from the trap of both the jews and the romans and threw the ball back into their court.so it is wrong to say Jesus changed the law or was actually against enforcing the law based on john 8.
Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
@Lagosshia,that verse of adulterous woman was not in the Original text,but was inserted later,even the Lords prayer was not in the Original text too,likewise the" MY FATHER,MY FATHER" words too was added,because Jesus(pbuh) will never address God Almighty as FATHER cos God hates such.
Re: Double Mind? by aloyemeka4: 2:00am On Nov 21, 2011
LagosShia:

IN THE BIBLE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING,EVEN ANIMALS,SHOULD BE STONED!

For touching Mount Sinai
13There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"
Achan , took of the accursed thing. , And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. , So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban despoil victims who fail to scream loud enough)
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human)
If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. Exodus 21:28

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her , and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say , these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. , But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers , thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother , Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city , And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For giving your children to Molech
Whosoever , giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. , And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones, And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king
Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

ofcourse christians would tell me Jesus said this
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.(John 8:7)

True,but Jesus also said this:

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19[b] Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, [/b]but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

SO WHY DID JESUS SAY WHAT HE SAID IN JOHN 8?

the answer can be found here,in the preceeding verses of John 8:7:

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

so why were they tempting him?

throughout,the pharisees keep bringing riddles and posers to Jesus.they want to either trap him breaking the law of Moses,or if he (Jesus) enforces it,they will then set him up with the roman authority.Jesus did not have political power,so why would they bring an accused woman for Jesus to punish her if their intentions were pure?Jesus knew that so he gave them the right answer and freed himself from the trap of both the jews and the romans and threw the ball back into their court.so it is wrong to say Jesus changed the law or was actually against enforcing the law based on john 8.

Funny how ignorant muslims copy the old testament but refuse to cite the new covenant Christians have with God. What did Jesus tell the men who wanted to stone nary Magdalene?. Why did Jesus say that since He wants Christians to continue stoning people?. Barbarism and Christianity are very parallel bro.
Re: Double Mind? by Sweetnecta: 10:38am On Nov 21, 2011
^ Show me the verse of the New Covenant you have with God.
We know about the so called covenant with the Jews, which are really laws and instructions, with direct condition that if there is obedience, the individual will be forgiven covered with Mercy.

Show us that about the Christian coming from Yahweh, or Jehovah, though Jesus said Ellah.

The word covenant from be in there and ponder, how and why the jewish covenant is cancelled for christian covenant? Should that not be the same with Islam of Muhammad [as]? After all it has a book.
Re: Double Mind? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Aloy@emekaShes not accepting the old testament yet she paying tithe or collecting tithe, av said,those are not the words of Jesus as Jesus said he came not to abolish the laws of the prophet but to fulfil them,not your rain cover(grace).Only those that obey the laws shall be be in the kingdom of God, and not a single jot of the laws should be disobeyed,Jesus said.
Re: Double Mind? by ommo(m): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2011
It is funny aloy emeka is asking such a ridiculous question. Who should be asking who that kind of question. I believe muslims rather shld be asking u this questions. After all the confusions in the christendom. Recently, a pastor in ghana claimed the world will end on 11/11/11 at 11:11pm. Whn it did not happen, he said, God told him," If He (God) forsaked jesus, who was he that He can't forsake.
And u are stil in it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maclatunji Please, Respond To This! / View Pix Of A Man That Allah Burn With Fire / The Incorrect And Futile Tawassul (means Of Nearness To Allaah) And Its Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.