Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors (405 Views)

Gallery From Hamas Occupation Of Israel / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 / Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by OhBritannia(m): 4:14pm On Mar 08
The term 'Leo Messi's grandma' just took a whole new meaning after hearing the story of Jewish abductee who was a prisoner of Hamas after October 7 for months.
An image of an elderly woman holding a large gun and a Hamas soldier greeting the camera went viral months ago.

People imagined she was from Israel but it turns out she is from Argentina.
Her name is Ester Cunio and she tells the story of how naming Lionel Messi saved her life from potential death by Hamas.
Cunio spoke to Fuente Latina about the famous picture ad asked Messi for help to rescue her two grandsons.

She says: "I told him not to talk to me because I didn't understand his language.
The Arab language, and I speak poor Hebrew.
I speak Argentinean Spanish, so he asks what Argentina is.
Then I tell him, 'do you watch football?' He said he liked it and I told him I am from Messi's country.
He was surprised and told me he loves Messi. He put his arm on my shoulder, gave me his gun, he made me do the peace sign and they snapped the picture.

Now I hope that if Messi watches this and sees I was saved because of him, I would ask him to help my grandchildren who are still abducted. They are good kids. Their names are David and Ariel."

Source https://www.marca.com/en/football/mls/2024/03/07/65ea1ab6268e3ee3638b457a.html
Cc mynd44

Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by matify83: 4:19pm On Mar 08
Football is a universal language, a new religion and a unifier of people from all nations, creeds or political divide.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by OhBritannia(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08
matify83:
Football is a universal language, a new religion and a unifier of people from all nations, creeds or political divide.
100% facts.
Football is the only thing that still brings the whole world together irrespective of language or religion.
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by Magnetic010: 4:27pm On Mar 08
Was wondering when this news will finally reach Nairaland
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by Entusky(m): 4:37pm On Mar 08
LA PULGA de Jesus of football!
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by VeryWickedMan: 4:48pm On Mar 08
Proof that Messi financed HAMAS terrorists.
They respect their paymaster.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by RepoMan007: 5:19pm On Mar 08
What do I call this. A miracle or magnificent stupidity?
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by arantess: 5:23pm On Mar 08
Even to terrorists,Messi is still the GOAT

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by OhBritannia(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08
VeryWickedMan:
See your mouth.
So if CIA or NATO takes you into custody, do you have prove?
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by ThierryJay: 11:03am On Mar 09
Messi the GOAT. Always assisting on and off the pitch.

Btw, this is greatest assist yet by Messi. Pendu no fit level up.

cc: Almiron pls repackage for FP bro.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by alfarouq(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09
VeryWickedMan:

Proof that crazy people exist
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by Almiron: 12:52pm On Mar 09
ThierryJay:
Messi the GOAT. Always assisting on and off the pitch.

Btw, this is greatest assist yet by Messi. Pendu no fit level up.

cc: Almiron pls repackage for FP bro.
ok boss
Re: Lionel Messi's Name Saved Jewish Argentinian Grandma From Hamas Abductors by AfonjaEkiti: 3:19pm On Mar 09
Religion of deranged mental disorder

Tueh to Mohammed

(1) (Reply)

The Latest Evil video Of ISIS / Sunset: Papa Wemba Has Departed / Updated: Kasich Suspends Republican Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.