Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes (17234 Views)

Kidnapping In Enugu Communities On The Rise As Residents Vacate Their Homes(Pix) / Nigerians Can Now Apply For Houses Built Under FG National Housing Programme / Fulanis Chase 1,000 Tivs From Their Homes In Taraba (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by AngelicBeing: 7:13pm On Mar 09
descarado:
It has always been applied from the comfort if people's homes. But you have to book and go for capturing.

What's new. I don't understand
Exactly, my Nigeria passport don expire since, but l will try and get it renewed anytime l am coming to Nigeria otherwise when traveling to other countries, l use my second other passport to travel cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by naijamerican: 7:15pm On Mar 09
Nigeria is a scam
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:16pm On Mar 09
Tareq1105:

Why are you lying? Just to discredit and destroy others?

Watch it, may you not be discredit or destroy by others at the time of your success story.
Oga shattaaapp ya mouth o if u no de Abj. Go airport Hqrs of NIS and start the process....you may not even get it 2months if you no Sabi person or officer dia sef.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by PHAYOL81: 7:20pm On Mar 09
That's super great!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Kurukuru: 7:28pm On Mar 09
Making an application online is not the issue. Where the issue comes is Capturing. Online application has been there before Tinubu even came to power. It is the appointment for capturing that is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Ogbonna24: 7:33pm On Mar 09
The sweet experience he promised is is activated

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by pacespot(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09
Good, will try it out soon
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by dowa: 7:47pm On Mar 09
Please let the poor also smile. Not only the elites and wealthy
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by HRMK: 7:53pm On Mar 09
nigerians in diaspora?
do they go there without valid papers or they were born there?
why cant they use the papers of those countries since they are more or less citizens by birth?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Bluntemperor: 8:01pm On Mar 09
dettolgel:

Out here there is no bribe but after paying online you still pay 30 dollars at the embassy for processing fee.

What is the $Dollars Embassy Processing Fees here and is it Paid to all Embassy?
I don't get it?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by descarado: 8:20pm On Mar 09
AngelicBeing:
Exactly, my Nigeria passport don expire since, but l will try and get it renewed anytime l am coming to Nigeria otherwise when traveling to other countries, l use my second other passport to travel cheesy
I will advise you do it where you are than in Nigeria. The process is quicker now.
Nigeria with their wahala. I no fit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by aboki2000(m): 8:38pm On Mar 09
nlfpmod:

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo

Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Terrahawk: 8:43pm On Mar 09
Well done minister Olubunmi Tunji Ojo. You are a ⭐ πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ. We are truly grateful for all your efforts to make life easier for many Nigerians. Thank you, Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Terrahawk: 8:44pm On Mar 09
HRMK:
nigerians in diaspora?
why cant they use the papers of those countries since they are more or less citizens by birth?

Passports expire etc you ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Terrahawk: 8:48pm On Mar 09
successmatters:
Until we see those served without collection of multiple bribes, till then.

Making promises is one thing, fulfilling it is another.

I think the yeye minister is just playing to the gallery without any hopes of fulfilling any promises.

He is performing very well and this is true you pathetic slowpoke.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by UnabashedIPOB: 8:59pm On Mar 09
Another lie by the Fulani Government of LIEGERIA!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by GboyegaD(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

good relief in what way?

have Nigerians both at home and abroad not been applying for passports online before now?

Because you still go through some paper work when you get to the paper center. Now, in sure a confirmation page will be sufficient.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by chopnaira: 9:22pm On Mar 09
Kurukuru:
Making an application online is not the issue. Where the issue comes is Capturing. Online application has been there before Tinubu even came to power. It is the appointment for capturing that is the problem.
Same thing I was just thinking. If I need to fly to another city for capturing, then it is useless. They have my current biodata and I am already an adult, so they don't need a new picture or a new biodata information.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 9:28pm On Mar 09
GboyegaD:

Because you still go through some paper work when you get to the paper center. Now, in sure a confirmation page will be sufficient.

which one is "paper centre"?

which paper work are you referring?

what do you mean by "in sure"?

is it not the same "confirmation page" that they have been using all this while?

have Nigerians both at home and abroad not been applying for passports online before now?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Baolak(m): 9:48pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

I think the yeye minister is just playing to the gallery without any hopes of fulfilling any promises.
What exactly is your problem?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by tobey2ng(m): 9:49pm On Mar 09
Disporans have always registered for passport online and go for capturing at the high commission office. It's still the same process and I don't understand what's new with this news or announcement. What the Minister should I have done is the introduction of photo passport upload by applicant and extract the finger print for NIN or BVN office to complete the biometrics. This is the way other developed countries do it and you will receive your printed international passport in the mailbox in 2 weeks without leaving your home nor paying unexplained $50 money order to some officers at the point of capturing at the high commission office. Until this happens, the process or what was just launched by the Minister remains status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by dettolgel: 9:59pm On Mar 09
Bluntemperor:

What is the $Dollars Embassy Processing Fees here and is it Paid to all Embassy?
I don't get it?

I only know of the embassy here. After applying and making online payment. You are still required to pay at the embassy here (though you get receipt for it. It is on their site as well).
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by GboyegaD(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09
lexy2014:

which one is "paper centre"?

Wanted to write proper center.

which paper work are you referring?
The last time I was went, still had to do paper work again.

what do you mean by "in sure"?

Wanted to write I'm sure.

is it not the same "confirmation page" that they have been using all this while?

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by lexy2014: 10:15pm On Mar 09
GboyegaD:

Wanted to write proper center.

The last time I was went, still had to do paper work again.

Wanted to write I'm sure.

what is the difference between this process and previous processes?

you said "im sure a confirmation page will be sufficient."

how are you sure?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Piddo(m): 10:27pm On Mar 09
I was thrilled at first but found out it was all nonsense. The real issue is the appointment at the embassy. As long as you still have to book an appointment and visit the embassy, it means we have always been able to apply from home and nothing has changed. Nice try. Na dat appointment be de issue. You live in Texas and have to fly to Atlanta/New York/DC just to get biometrics captured.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Emekaonline: 10:50pm On Mar 09
successmatters:

But why are Igbos haters of good things?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by jesmond3945: 10:56pm On Mar 09
ednut1:
Nice one. I drove for 10 hours and had to book hotel last time i went to renew my passport. 😎
you would still do biometric at the center.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by chopnaira: 11:03pm On Mar 09
Piddo:
I was thrilled at first but found out it was all nonsense. The real issue is the appointment at the embassy. As long as you still have to book an appointment and visit the embassy, it means we have always been able to apply from home and nothing has changed. Nice try. Na dat appointment be de issue. You live in Texas and have to fly to Atlanta/New York/DC just to get biometrics captured.
Yeah. That's the big issue. The biometrics nonsense.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by Ekpekus(m): 11:11pm On Mar 09
bassdow:
but would one way or the other, still have reasons to visit the passport office ba ?
Exactly... for biometric and capturing
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by chopnaira: 11:16pm On Mar 09
HRMK:
nigerians in diaspora?
Comfort. It's either you travel with your naija passport or you get a Nigerian visa on your foreign passport. The latter is more difficult to get.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by mercysamuelson(m): 1:59am On Mar 10
Nazgul Most Nigerians in diaspora are more interested in getting the passport of their host country than that of Nigeria.

The government should make the process easier for Nigerians living in Nigeria cos they need it more than anything to kick start their Japa plans. Nigerians over there are perfectly fine.

That would solely depend on their immigration status. Not everyone living in diaspora is entitled to their passport.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes by HRMK: 7:10am On Mar 10
how come it becomes so hard to visit your homeland with foreign passport?why difficult to stamp visa on their foreign passport?are they expected to get Nigerian passport to come here?ABSURD!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Channels Island To Return Β£315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria / EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Olakunle Oluomo / Breaking: Onnoghen Loses At The Appeal Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.