Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG (19345 Views)

PHOTOS: Doctors Treat 19 Striking Health Workers Involved In Motor Accident / Health Workers Relax Strike In Lagos, Kano, Yobe / Monkeypox: Delta State Commissioner For Health Visits Suspected Victims(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by ozo13(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:
Will this really solve the japa syndrome??

They'll simply resign & leave the system!!!

As a matter of fact, this policy will only end up stopping the very few that genuinely intend returning.

Instead of the government to address the main issues pushing the health workers away (which mainly bothers around remuneration & welfare), they keep beating round the bush & embarrassing themselves with archaic & not well thought out policies.
Baba I don't want to believe the intention of majority of the people using the leave of absence are good, it just a plan B most of them are using it as.why will someone knowing fully well he or she might not likely come back but prefer to secure the slot and make others that decide to stay back suffer.
I even heard some are still earning salaries and do come for promotion exercise and right in the person mind he/she knows she is shortchanging the system but since it brings money to his/her pockets they don't mind even if the country will suffer for it.Na only Nigeria dey allow this kind rubbish.Until we all change our ways to make Nigeria work it will never work.
Lastly you mentioned about remuneration to keep people, you and I know it can't keep people back or it can just solve say 1% of the problem.There is no amount that can be enough to keep most ppl back in the country.Even Nigeria doesn't have that financial muscle to compete with where (US/UK/Canada and others ) people are Japaing to .To bring home this my statement you will notice that the UK most of our guys run to There own citizens are also looking towards Canada and Australia grin as the pay is far much better there.Aside the political class that are the major problem of this country, the way Nigerians behave also contribute.
The truth of the whole thing is for people to be honorable when they are leaving not using one leave of absence to pile up pressure on the people that are working back in the country.Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by PHAYOL81: 5:03pm On Mar 10
Good
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Basic123: 5:22pm On Mar 10
Sangoamadioha1:

It is a free world, if you want to japa, please do so but resign first so that those without the opportunity to japa will replace you.
We all know the cause and the solutions, so what you are saying is not new. While we wait and see if things will get better, those with opportunity to relocate should do that so that more spaces will be opened for employment.

You have been replying one of those people wole soyinka described as nittering wits,they know how to detail the topic to confuse the fools.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by femi4: 5:36pm On Mar 10
nairalanda1:

Because once you declare leave of abscence, until you formally resign, your name remains on the register. Basically you are still an employee. It's civil service rules.

A lot of government workers use leave of abscence for legit reasons...like one of my old secondary school mates who went on a leave of abscence to do his phd abroad..he works as a lecturer. Once he was done, back to Nigeria, where he is today...

Your question is relevant if the guy resigned, and his name still remains on the register.
Leave of absence has duration even for PhD, it can be 4-5yrs. When it elapses, their names can be removed. The PSR is very clear on leave of absence and when it's no longer valid

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by LeopardX: 6:00pm On Mar 10
AuwalYusuf812:
Wat if I didn't tender resignation and I japa tongue
I think you will be investigated thoroughly before your permission for leave of absence will be granted.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by ukaface(f): 6:04pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:

https://punchng.com/no-more-leave-of-absence-for-health-workers-relocating-abroad-fg/
See painMENT

🤣🤣🤣
When will they address salaries of nurses and how to curb quakery in nursing?

Nkitikpa
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by femi4: 6:23pm On Mar 10
AuwalYusuf812:
Wat if I didn't tender resignation and I japa tongue
Your appointment will be terminated at the end of your leave

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by sunbreaker: 6:24pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

As a matter of fact, this policy will only end up stopping the very few that genuinely intend returning.

Instead of the government to address the main issues pushing the health workers away (which mainly bothers around remuneration & welfare), they keep beating round the bush & embarrassing themselves with archaic & not well thought out policies.
so as they blocked other people for being employed is your joy and good for you?

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Determinedbobo: 6:28pm On Mar 10
Yes, this is the way to go,if you're japaing" , resign from you job so they can employothers . This is so good of the Fg

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by jaxxy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10
Sangoamadioha1:

It is a free world, if you want to japa, please do so but resign first so that those without the opportunity to japa will replace you.
We all know the cause and the solutions, so what you are saying is not new. While we wait and see if things will get better, those with opportunity to relocate should do that so that more spaces will be opened for employment.

They can resign when they take their annual leave.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by lilyheaven: 6:32pm On Mar 10
I have never seen anyone that came back after leaving 🤣🤣🤣.
Would you come back after leaving?
Believe me, you won’t, except you’re coming to establish your clinic .
alwayzonlyn:

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by sunbreaker: 6:34pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

What exactly is pushing them out of the system?

Has the government bothered to find out and most importantly, address the factors head on??
Listen if something pushed you out of the system and you get a better opportunity,then you resign and allow others that are jobless to take the offer even if the pay is not good but they will gain experience. Remember that those that leaves the system has an experience year to show to their employer before they get employed in overseas. So why blocking incoming one, is like after you climbed up and you carried the ladder......we are enemy of ourselves

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by sunbreaker: 6:43pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:
What's making them leave yet have their names still on the register? It seems the reason why they need to keep a slot here in Nigeria while working elsewhere full time in far flung Australia makes sense to you even after the explanation by the Minister of state that you are free to leave and even come back if you like but just don't keep your name on the list so that others who are willing and ready to stay back and work can take the slot.
my brother, I tired the way some people dey reason ooo. Even not only that one,after they had job experience year in that so call bad system and so to foreign employer; that landed them a good job .Why they don't want to leave the space for incoming one to have experience and land a good thereafter as they do? Is like you climbed up and carried ladder...so nobody can climb again

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Mom007(f): 6:57pm On Mar 10
That leak took them long enough to plug undecided

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by LadyRosa(f): 7:14pm On Mar 10
Putindbutt:

No, "who cares" only sounds reasonable to unreasonable people.

And it's all in your head.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by johnjose68: 7:56pm On Mar 10
FreeStuffsNG:
“So, to solve this problem, the President has directed that health workers going abroad to work should just resign their appointments and not apply for leave of absence. This way, you won’t be blocking others who want to work and of course piling burdens for your colleagues that you left behind.”

Definitely, Federal Government is doing well to address this drain on taxpayers money who get shortchanged after using their money to train healthcare professionals from public universities.

This is commendable and I support it. To complement the executive order by the President, it's time the NA resume work on the proposed bill by Hon. Ganiyu Johnson, APC
Oshodi Isolo 2 constituency representative. Here's the right way to see it:

5 Years Before Going Abroad Bill: A Clinical Stitch In Time
https://www.nairaland.com/7646704/5-years-before-going-abroad

States should adopt same measure too.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

The fans of the one that received ideas from mad men will soon arrive to complain because of the mad hatred for good things.

They will not give any particular reason for complaining but the hatred has filled up their medulla oblongata grin grin

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by osazsky(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

As a matter of fact, this policy will only end up hampering the chances of the very few that genuinely intend returning.

better at least thier salaries for 2 years will be channeled to better things I can't be collecting salary from Nigeria govt while working in uk

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Moxiez(f): 8:20pm On Mar 10
Tjra:

That's absconding from work. Your employment will be automatically terminated within a month.

Excuse me, where you exceed your leave period and later return is it still absconding since you were not paid all those while… and the manager is angry you returned, now petitioning you for absconding
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Moxiez(f): 8:29pm On Mar 10
femi4:
Leave of absence has duration even for PhD, it can be 4-5yrs. When it elapses, their names can be removed. The PSR is very clear on leave of absence and when it's no longer valid

Excuse me, where you exceed your leave period and later return within a year is it still absconding since you were not paid all those while… and the manager is angry you returned, now petitioning you for absconding
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by ozo13(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10
femi4:
what if the person decide to come and renew it.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Fearyourcreator: 9:15pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

You're still missing my point; whether you're doing so intentionally or not, I can't say.

Anyway, I leave you to your thought, view & opinion about this policy. I already stated mine up there & I stand by it.

I wish Nigeria well.

Have a good night rest.

You sha wan say Nigeria no dey okay ... Make them resign leave the country wey no dey okay alone make others get chance work
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Fearyourcreator: 9:16pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

Lol

Like the government, you're also shying away from the ROOT CAUSE that make majority of these workers even apply for the leave of absence in the first place. You & I know that in over 80% of cases, the reason is to seek for greener pasture elsewhere. In essence, if the system is well funded & conducive enough for these workers to stay back in, there wouldn't be any need for majority of the people leaving under this guise to do so.
Cause & effect are actually inseparable if we're genuinely seeking a LASTING solution to this protracted menace.

I hope you get my point of view now...
Which root cause abeg... Na only Nigeria people dey leave ... Make them resign simple
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Fearyourcreator: 9:17pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

It's okay, if you insist on your view.

I however see that we're still not ready to address this issue from the root but only interested in the continuous palliation of an already crumbling system. We'll only keep going round a vicious cycle until the day we're ready to "call a spade a spade".

As always, I wish Nigeria well.

#shalom
So you will leave US to UK and still dey collect salary and they work for UK collect another salary ...
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by femi4: 9:42pm On Mar 10
ozo13:
what if the person decide to come and renew it.
It can only be renewed with evidence e.g admission letter etc
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by femi4: 9:46pm On Mar 10
Moxiez:

Excuse me, where you exceed your leave period and later return within a year is it still absconding since you were not paid all those while… and the manager is angry you returned, now petitioning you for absconding
It's still absconding. You are lucky your employment wasn't terminated while away.
The difference with paid and unpaid leave is that you can resign at anytime with unpaid leave while you are not allowed to resign or leave the organisation for 1-2 yrs if it's a paid leave

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Eagle360(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10
verybadmouth:
Imagine the fraud, leave of absence so the salaries will be paid to their families.
if you go on leave of absence your salary will be stopped while your name remain on register.
But if you want to receive salary and be on study leave/leave of absence there will be a condition such as you will come back to serve the nation.

Why people don't resign their appointments is that the fear of unknown. They may japa and things turn sour, if there expectations about abroad is not met, they can come back to continue their jobs. But about 75% of japanian don't come back.
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10
femi4:
Your appointment will be terminated at the end of your leave
sad
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10
LeopardX:

I think you will be investigated thoroughly before your permission for leave of absence will be granted.
nobody will think of that by den brother. everything will be on a low-key

1 Like

Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by ozo13(m): 10:07pm On Mar 10
femi4:
It can only be renewed with evidence e.g admission letter etc
oh I see
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by Felixv: 10:16pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

As a matter of fact, this policy will only end up hampering the chances of the very few that genuinely intend returning.

we can never compete with the west -that is a fact we need to accept. All we can do is produce more health care workers and pray the government invests in the health care sector.

they need to invest in the hospitals and give those hospitals the best equipment possible
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by femi4: 10:44pm On Mar 10
AuwalYusuf812:
sad
Wetin happen
Re: JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG by armadeo(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10
alwayzonlyn:

You're still missing my point; whether you're doing so intentionally or not, I can't say.

Anyway, I leave you to your thought, view & opinion about this policy. I already stated mine up there & I stand by it.

I wish Nigeria well.

Have a good night rest.

I've never agreed with freestuff on anything but on this I'm completely in agreement with him. Anybody who leaves should resign and stop collecting salary. They are still being part of the problem they are running from.

Good law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun / Bathing Every Day Not The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.