Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91887 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by MyExpression(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10
Some women think what a man brings to the table is just Money.

Now when such women acquire enough wealth, they feel equal to the man, and can not be humble.

A man does not build a home with only money...he leads the family with selfless love and wisdom.
Is a woman willing to take that psychological task of leading the family?

Most are not build for that...and that's where they crash.
You don't lead with money.
When you attain wealth as a woman- that wants to lead, pls add to it wisdom.
Wisdom to plot the family graph...the children, grandchildren, relatives from both sides, network of valuable friends...etc...these are all strategic roles a man plays in the family.
An African man plans for the whole community...not just his first family.

I hope they get thru this...a journey this far, should have a happy ending. πŸ™

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by luminouz(m): 9:46pm On Mar 10
Mindlog:

It seems you skipped your antipsychotics but calm down! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Werey doctor!!!

You dey see mad people everywhere
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by YemyTemmy: 9:47pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad

Why hate on the rich? Wigwe isnt the cause of your problem
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by YemyTemmy: 9:50pm On Mar 10
Never trust woman sha.... Females of all species are the same, young or old oooo, seems they are designed to stress man
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by MyExpression(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10
Eunoiaa:

So all these years wey she don dey "submit" to am nor reach?

I mean, 30. Like that should even give you a pause to think that things might be way more complicated than they seem on the surface. Because how do you think they've been together for thirty years? How much longer do you expect them to stay together to convince you that sue truly was a submissive woman?

Read the story again.
She wanted privacy, and kicked the man out of the matrimonial home.

If not for her wealth and western influence, how will a woman be the one to throw her husband out of the home?

This is something only more money or American influence can do.

So if parents quarrel, mama go pursue papa comot for house?!

Na pride inspired by too much money dey cause am...nothing else.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by TheGift: 9:52pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad

This your post is sad, sick and psycho, esp because even you who has not and plan not to enjoy life like them, will die. You don’t even know when or how. Wether while trekking, in a keke or okada. But however you die, your body will surely smell.

Yet you spew such self righteous and hateful disdain and dare to call the name of God in the same vein? … Sad

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Emdebby2: 9:54pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Lol...bros you dey vex oh!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Tradepunter2: 10:03pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

God you are truly a demon...... Rebuke you in the name of Jesus..... What a demonic mindset

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

all I can say is may God help you
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Tradepunter2: 10:07pm On Mar 10
Olam09:

You fit not live long.. you're a bitter person.

He's not a bitter person.... Can't you guys discern when a demon speaks That's a demon speaking
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Anashe: 10:16pm On Mar 10
MyExpression:

Read the story again.
She wanted privacy, and kicked the man out of the matrimonial home.

If not for her wealth and western influence, how[b] will a woman be the one to throw her husband out of the home[/b]?

This is something only more money or American influence can do.

So if parents quarrel, mama go pursue papa comot for house?!

Na pride inspired by too much money dey cause am...nothing else.

"According to a reliable source close to THE WILL" is what you're banking on as a fact to run with? Then a man can throw his wife out even in the middle of the night abi? You people can continue to weep, we're wiser now. That woman is in her 70s and with health challenges as you rightly read but you chose to focus on an irrelevant point to fuel your misogynistic agenda. Cry more please! Some of you men parade yourselves as superior first class citizens. We're coming for everything that some of you men thought we'd never have. I have used "some" because there are still sane men in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Anashe: 10:18pm On Mar 10
MyExpression:
Some women think what a man brings to the table is just Money.

Now when such women acquire enough wealth, they feel equal to the man, and can not be humble.

A man does not build a home with only money...he leads the family with selfless love and wisdom.
Is a woman willing to take that psychological task of leading the family?

Most are not build for that...and that's where they crash.
You don't lead with money.
When you attain wealth as a woman- that wants to lead, pls add to it wisdom.
Wisdom to plot the family graph...the children, grandchildren, relatives from both sides, network of valuable friends...etc...these are all strategic roles a man plays in the family.
An African man plans for the whole community...not just his first family.

I hope they get thru this...a journey this far, should have a happy ending. πŸ™

If only you could be objective. Rest abeg! They don't need your prayers. Direct it to the man who has frolicked around most of their marriage. You people will learn the hard way. Mr. African Man
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by MyExpression(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10
Karlifate:
All these people saying she was "dashed" oil wells are simply ignorant.

Folorunsho Alakija, Globacom's Adenuga, Oriental's Indimi, some South-Easterner businessmen, etc all won the Marginal Field bid rounds, some years back.

While some were fortunate to hit oil in their oil blocs, some were unfortunate.

So, where's the "dashing of oil well" coming from

The only thing here is, if you have friends in Government, they could help facilitate the process, provided you greased the right palms grin

How much Hair Dresser/Fashion designer get, wey she go use bid for oil bloc in the 70s?
She wasn't a female executive on any board then o.

She already said in her interviews, that a friend/client of hers, got her interested in the oil business.
Does her profile match any of the names you listed?
Well, her father na Alakija sha...maybe dem really get money low-key.
But on her own, and her vocation...she couldn't have afforded the bid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 10:21pm On Mar 10
luminouz:

Werey doctor!!!

You dey see mad people everywhere
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by stregina(f): 10:22pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

you are so evil. this rubbish you just spilled is the out portion of you and your filthy family.
mad cow.

please Seun, kindly take this comment out, it is full of hatred and evil

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Anashe: 10:26pm On Mar 10
Solofresh2:
You are pained over a dead man's money and sweat

Because he's an entitled covetous thief
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Eunoiaa(f): 10:31pm On Mar 10
torqque7:
Madam rest,she was a good wife..Oga was the problem,he had always been the problem but she tried her best coping with him,she was just not lucky to have a good husband.

You should direct this to the unfortunate people you have the privilege of sharing gender with o. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Slither out of my mentions please.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by abbeyd2(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

What is your gain in the downfall of others.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by MyExpression(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10
Anashe:

If only you could be objective. Rest abeg! They don't need your prayers. Direct it to the man who has frolicked around most of their marriage. You people will learn the hard way. Mr. African Man

What do you people even call frolicking in Africa?
What if he exercises his traditional right to marry more than one?

How else will a righteous Muslim or African man rightfully get additional wives if he doesn't go out there to get them.
Frolicking with ladies that are potential next wife, is not wrong. That's one way to get them.

Well for Objectivity sake, a richer wife doesn't stop a rich man from having more wives...unfortunately, a rich wife will not take that sitting down.
That's an objective view...and she's well within her rights to seek divorce on that ground too.
I'm just empathetic coz they've lived thru their differences all these while...why wait till 30/48yrs in marriage? Why?!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by HRMK: 10:39pm On Mar 10
ONLY A BIG FOOL WOULD LIVE IN A HOUSE OWNED BY A WOMAN(WIFE)

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Karlifate: 10:40pm On Mar 10
MyExpression:

How much Hair Dresser/Fashion designer get, wey she go use bid for oil bloc in the 90s?
She wasn't a female executive on any board then o.

She already said in her interviews, that a friend/client of hers, got her interested in the oil business.
Does her profile match any of the names you listed?
Well, her father na Alakija sha...maybe dem really get money low-key.
But on her own, and her vocation...she couldn't have afforded the bid

1:
She's not from a poverty-stricken family.

2:
In the Oil and Gas Industry, documentation matters (this is a topic for another day)

3:
It seems some of you on Nairaland come from a dysfunctional home, where siblings & relatives see one another as competition, thereby stiffling the help they'll render to you, and they'd rather channel the energy to pull you down. Hence your warped worldview.

4:
Go make more research about the Oil & Gas Industry and also Alakija's family.

Sayonara!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Karlifate: 10:43pm On Mar 10
yewit37486:

Hmm, it shows that he is not able to control himself and that says a lot.

Secondly, why was he breaking the rules re: face mask, maybe he felt he was above the law.

Either way, both actions say a lot about him.

That kinda action is caused by low self-esteem.

That's why you hear them say: "Do you know who I am?"

The need to always show/prove yourself for external validation, stems from low self-esteem. πŸ‘Œ
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by casualobserver: 10:46pm On Mar 10
Konquest:

@CasualObserver,
What you posted is FALSE. Folorunso Alakija was NEVER a hair dresser. I see a lot of younger ones pushing this same false story and mangling history up. Let me explain more here to you and those reading this.

She trained in the UK as a professional secretary, returned to Nigeria from England and worked as a banker at IMB Plaza on Victoria Island, Lagos. She later resigned to take care of her small kids in the early 1980s and proceeded to establish the very famous company Supreme Stitches in Lagos State which was a top fashion design outfit for ready-to-wear clothes and many prominent folks in the society such as Mariam Babangida where her friends. These are facts that I personally witnessed in the 1980s through to the 1990s.

She comes from the wealthy Ogbara family who are indigenes of Ikorodu, Lagos State. Ikorodu is one of the 3 Ijebu LGAs in Lagos State and as you might know the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest subgroups among the Yoruba folks and in Nigeria. Her millionaire father even sent Folorunso Alakija and her siblings to school in the UK when she was not even up to 10 years old! So, she took a major risk by bidding for the deep offshore oil well in 1991 with her family members from the Ogbara family and her foreign technical partners and finally found oil in the highly risky deep offshore using FAMFA Oil as a vehicle..

I wrote about this fact just this year when some ethnic bigots and ignorant young ones here on NL (who were obviously NOT born in the 1980s and 1990s) defamatorily wrote that she slept her way with IBB or Abacha to get an oil well which to me is idiotic of these kids and an insult to those of us who knew Mrs. Folorunso Alakija right from the 1980s as a banker, oil mogul, Γ nd when she started the hugely famous Supreme Stitches which was the first in Nigeria to defined bespoke fashion designing and ready to wear for women. This is the reason why she is also the patron of Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN).

I hope this helps.

Hairdresser/ fashion designer are all the same.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by soccerlite: 10:57pm On Mar 10
Everyone is Minister of gospels
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by MyExpression(m): 11:02pm On Mar 10
Karlifate:

1:
She's not from a poverty-stricken family.

2:
In the Oil and Gas Industry, documentation matters (this is a topic for another day)

3:
It seems some of you on Nairaland come from a dysfunctional home, where siblings & relatives see one another as competition, thereby stiffling the help they'll render to you, and they'd rather channel the energy to pull you down. Hence your warped worldview.

4:
Go make more research about the Oil & Gas Industry and also Alakija's family.

Sayonara!

Where you dey Sayonara to?

You obviously read my post with prejudice.

1. I already stated that she's from Alakija family...they sure are wealthy.

2. Documentation in oil and gas, a specialised sector...something entirely out of her line of study...she didn't finish uni o. She had help. Don't make it sound like documentation is that easy to provide...and all that mattered was to tender the right docx. All bidders go through same process.

3. She already stated her closeness with friends/clients that helped her get in...I cited that too.

4. Read my post well...I said On her own, and her vocation she would not have afforded the bid.

Sayanora...wetin we dey drag?!

I respect her doggedness and hunger for success.

No be everything HARDWORK alone dey solve.
But she is hardworking and blessed. Not every rich person gets to attain this height.

Calm down oooh.
Don't make it sound like she won fair and square. She had leverage...which isn't entirely a bad thing. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by GiZcorp: 11:10pm On Mar 10
GiZcorp:

Haba Mallam... This poor you poor the really vex you o, but it's not their fault naw, it's your lineage that has refused to appreciate in life. Try change this your mentality shaa, else your next generation will write the concluding chapter of the book of lamentation.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by yewit37486: 11:12pm On Mar 10
Karlifate:

That kinda action is caused by low self-esteem.

That's why you hear them say: "Do you know who I am?"

The need to always show/prove yourself for external validation, stems from low self-esteem. πŸ‘Œ

Infact, it seems you're not far from the truth, because coincidentally someone on Page 7 mentioned what you just described.

Tripleoluwa:
This baba checked into an hotel around Leeki and met this fine newly recruited receptionist girl that I know. The baba was used to warm reception from staffs and former receptionist any time he checked in.

But this new girl no sabi am. The baba was shocked and mentioned his name. But the name no ring bell as omo aseh wey the babe be na. Na so baba vex say, I go let you know me. He just dash the babe $1k cash. I see the money when this girl brought it home. He still dash am brand new Sony Ericsson phone that time.

I use egbon adugbo collect from the money sha

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by jeromestarks: 12:13am On Mar 11
maasoap:

You see now, DIVORCE!! grin grin grin. Because, she will choose that business over you. You're not that important, at least, not more important than money grin grin grin
This is why I will marry a woman who would choose me over money.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by W0t0w0toman: 12:24am On Mar 11
Konquest:

@CasualObserver,
What you posted is FALSE. Folorunso Alakija was NEVER a hair dresser. I see a lot of younger ones pushing this same false story and mangling history up. Let me explain more here to you and those reading this.

She trained in the UK as a professional secretary, returned to Nigeria from England and worked as a banker at IMB Plaza on Victoria Island, Lagos. She later resigned to take care of her small kids in the early 1980s and proceeded to establish the very famous company Supreme Stitches in Lagos State which was a top fashion design outfit for ready-to-wear clothes and many prominent folks in the society such as Mariam Babangida where her friends. These are facts that I personally witnessed in the 1980s through to the 1990s.

She comes from the wealthy Ogbara family who are indigenes of Ikorodu, Lagos State. Ikorodu is one of the 3 Ijebu LGAs in Lagos State and as you might know the Ijebus are one of the wealthiest subgroups among the Yoruba folks and in Nigeria. Her millionaire father even sent Folorunso Alakija and her siblings to school in the UK when she was not even up to 10 years old! So, she took a major risk by bidding for the deep offshore oil well in 1991 with her family members from the Ogbara family and her foreign technical partners and finally found oil in the highly risky deep offshore using FAMFA Oil as a vehicle..

I wrote about this fact just this year when some ethnic bigots and ignorant young ones here on NL (who were obviously NOT born in the 1980s and 1990s) defamatorily wrote that she slept her way with IBB or Abacha to get an oil well which to me is idiotic of these kids and an insult to those of us who knew Mrs. Folorunso Alakija right from the 1980s as a banker, oil mogul, Γ nd when she started the hugely famous Supreme Stitches which was the first in Nigeria to defined bespoke fashion designing and ready to wear for women. This is the reason why she is also the patron of Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN).

I hope this helps.

Sharrap
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by DrAda(f): 12:31am On Mar 11
HayTerran:

Hi Dr Ada, it's great to have someone of such refined standard on this platform. Hope it's not been embarrassing or been a nuisance to you at any point

Not at all dear. Well done
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by DavidEsq(m): 1:16am On Mar 11
Dshocker:
Heard baba was busy spending madam's money on younglings with fresh 😺😺😺
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Baba was changing his oyel
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by jaytime(m): 1:41am On Mar 11
I bet this will never happen. This is against that woman's ideals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Shipping From China To Nigeria / How To Make Money Online Legitimately Here In Nigeria / The Casket Emeka Offor Buried His Father, Benneth Offor In (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.