Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage (91253 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by PHAYOL81: 7:48pm On Mar 10
Separated doesn't translate to divorce. They're merely living apart and will likely come back together in close future. Cut the family some slacks please.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by folake4u(f): 7:49pm On Mar 10
Eunoiaa:

😭😭😭

Are you serious?

Allegedly though.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Arabaincubus: 7:49pm On Mar 10
In Japan, there is what is called marriage graduation. They can opt for that instead.
It heals the union.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Desusi: 7:49pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad
Na waaooo,e reach dat level?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Prescoss: 7:50pm On Mar 10
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by JetApartment: 7:51pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:
Who knows, this one might be the next to die in helicopter crash like that Wigwe and his wife and son πŸ˜‚ After all the enjoyment, traveling all over the world, flying jets and helicopter up and down, eating chicken and turkey, drinking juice, shebi e don end? I Heard it was even cardboard they use in bringing their smelling dead bodies back from Ablord πŸ˜‚ When the fools where alive, you'll never see them doing anything for poor people, there own na to dey send their children go abroad go school, MIT, Cambridge, Oxford, as if na their kind dey go all those kind schools with their empty brain, while our own for here wey sabi book pass them 1000 times dey on strike, let them go and die abeg. How i wish they did open coffin the way they did for tb Joshua, i would have loved to see how their burnt and disfigured bodies would look like, make i laugh small and see weda all the enjoyment and millions go still dey show for their dead bodyπŸ˜‚ rubbish

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too happy like mad

Bringing God to your hate against your fellow human being because they are rich seals the fact that you will remain poor for life, wishing others death means your death will be untimely and painful.

Don't judge someone you don't know personally, this advice is not for you but for others who will be alive not to fall in same faith as yours...you gonna die in poverty soon bro. This one na minus one already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Desusi: 7:52pm On Mar 10
Akwamkpuruamu:
Marriage no be anybody mate... Na real hardwork e be.

Wealth alone can't sustain marriage neither poverty. Academic excellence is even the worst to sustain marriage.

Two fools can sustain marriage more than two wise people
A life without Christ is full of crises.!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by GoodSpirit: 7:52pm On Mar 10
Dshocker:
Heard baba was busy spending madam's money on younglings with fresh 😺😺😺

What is bad spending your wife's money? Don't wives spend their husbands money? If you think the man doesn't have his own money you better think twice. That he married her doesn't make him broke to fuel his lifestyle with ladies if he chooses to do that.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Eunoiaa(f): 7:52pm On Mar 10
judedwriter:
When a woman is richer than her husband, it takes extra humility to submit to him.

So all these years wey she don dey "submit" to am nor reach?

I mean, 30. Like that should even give you a pause to think that things might be way more complicated than they seem on the surface. Because how do you think they've been together for thirty years? How much longer do you expect them to stay together to convince you that sue truly was a submissive woman?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Desusi: 7:56pm On Mar 10
mariahAngel:

I believe they'll eventually come back together, because they're already so used to each other.

All they just need is some time to cool off.
You're right brother,
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by kenchop: 7:56pm On Mar 10
YOU ARE DAMN TOO MEAN.

Domaining101:

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10
I wonder the kind of differences they couldn't manage after 30 years together? At their respective ages now, I wonder the kind of life they want to live now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by ellizy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

How i wish God can take elumelu and that his three daughters next, i go too rhappy like mad
And know one is attacking you on this nonsense you just posted.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by chronique(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

With this kind of mindset, you will die a poor wretched thing. Don't go and work for your own money. Be waiting for people to come and give you money that your parents don't have.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Desusi: 8:00pm On Mar 10
BRATISLAVA:
Thought once a woman is wealthy it means she's a good one, or that her husband is a king?
For where? Na wahala ooo more especially if they are not from same tribe.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10
Acidosis:
Ahh cry

After 30 years? I believe they'll fix this.
Don't get your hope high. Billionaires who separated before them didn't fix. But anyway, it is still a rumour

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by kayusely70(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10
God shall take control of their lives!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10
Domaining101:

Whaaaaat? And the mods allow this to stand? You deserve 20 years ban!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by pansophist(m): 8:07pm On Mar 10
Akwamkpuruamu:
Marriage no be anybody mate... Na real hardwork e be.

Wealth alone can't sustain marriage neither poverty. Academic excellence is even the worst to sustain marriage.

Two fools can sustain marriage more than two wise people

If the two fools are committed and understand marriage as a duty and sacrifice to the other, then it will last. I doubt if there is love in a polygamous home, but many want it to work, hence it last.

Many times I feel like breaking a bottle of some of my loved ones' heads, they annoy me to by bone marrow, and perhaps, I annoy the hell out of them too.

But if a passerby thinks because I am arguing with my brother, then he can come and interfere, I and my bro will set our beef aside, deal with the passerby wotowoto, then settle our grievances over a bottle of palm wine.

We (I and my bro) are two individuals and are meant to have conflicts, but the conflict will never uproot our love, duty, and sacrifice to each other. The conflict will make us understand our redlines, and try not to cross them anymore.

Marriage should be like that. Fight all you want, but your fight is meaningless if you guys don't learn from each other through that fight. Lots of people don't see marriage as teamwork. They don't see it as suffering.

When they read the ''forever for worse'' in the alter, to them, it's just something they have to do, not a pledge they have to keep. If intending couples understand the power of that pledge, many will be very careful of who they get married to.

I may hire the best assassins in Nigeria to assassinate the president, but they probably won't be successful. But his wife will do it tonight, clean. Also if one marries a person due to the nonsense young people call spec, I pity them.

Ten years more, your so-called spec will add weight, God forbid, get sick and be in a wheelchair, or something worse. Then attraction is gone, and the only thing that will keep you guys is character.

That when you remember two years ago when you were job searching and your wife held it down for you, and other rich men were chasing her then and she resisted the temptation, to show you that she is committed.

Taking care of such a woman in her tough period will be so easy. It's the same thing good parents enjoy. I don't joke with my parents. They are the only people who can ask me for anything (not stupid things obviously) and I will never say no.

And it is simply because their love for me is not in their mouth, it's in their action. They raised me well and didn't scatter my siblings to different oga for apprenticeship.

When my head wanted to turn, they beat nonsense comot from my body. They kept away their differences and made sure they created a stable home for the kids to grow.

Sometimes I wake up at midnight to pee and hear them argue, and the next morning, you will see them laugh and act like no argument happened before.

They created a good, safe, and peaceful home to grow. So tell me, how dare I not treat them well?

If people go into marriage to make it work, then it will work. But if anything, you are already angry and want to exit, then realize that you are getting older, you will laugh or regret your past stubbornness, but what you built will be what will save you.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10
flexyrule:
Wow!

I used to think marriage gets easier to run after "the long run" than it is during the early stage.

Mehn. Even the rich cry!
You are not wrong but there is always exceptions
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 8:08pm On Mar 10
luminouz:

Shut dafuq UP!!!

😊😊😊😊

It seems you skipped your antipsychotics but calm down! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10
jeromestarks:
I can NEVER marry a woman who is wealthier than me.
And I will never allow my wife to be richer than me. Never!

Women misuse power. They tend to insult men at the slightest opportunity they get.

Your marriage can not last if your wife has as much money as you.

That one is beyond your power. Though, you can always opt for divorce as you will already see yourself as a loser grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 8:11pm On Mar 10
jaksmillioniar:
try marry

Eyah! Try to learn healthy conflict resolution techniques, it will help your marriage and increase your chances of living longer.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by FuckYeyeMods: 8:11pm On Mar 10
Villa12:
Olodo, there's what is called mutual love and respect. Women aren't toy or babies that some of you men can control.
Fvcking shut up there..
Sorry uncle liberal. I bet if you marry, you will have a better answer to this your blind argument.
No matter how you want to reason it, you can't get this argument right if you're still single.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by toujurs: 8:13pm On Mar 10
Women are bitches, you can never get genuine love from a woman know this and know peace.

She will tell you she loves you, bro it's because of the benefits she gets, once she becomes financially independent.

That love will fade away instantly. This is actually a Christian mother, who preaches the word of God.

Godforbid, women! Women!! Women!!! undecided

When buhari said, a woman place was in the kitchen and other room, we mocked him, He was speaking Truth but stupidity won't let Nigerians reason like humans.

4 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10
Mindlog:

Your wife is not your daughter......"control and discipline l" is out of it, better look for a dummy to marry.
May be he didn't know the correct words to use as you can't allow your wife to do as she likes irrespective of how you feel about it
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by jeromestarks: 8:16pm On Mar 10
maasoap:

That one is beyond your power. Though, you can always opt for divorce as you will already see yourself as a loser grin grin grin
I will slap you oooo.

I will simply tell her to stop that st.upid business that's bringing her money. And if she refused, I will divorce her.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Proserpina: 8:17pm On Mar 10
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 8:20pm On Mar 10
jeromestarks:

I will slap you oooo.

I will simply tell her to stop that st.upid business that's bringing her money. And if she refused, I will divorce her .
You see now, DIVORCE!! grin grin grin. Because, she will choose that business over you. You're not that important, at least, not more important than money grin grin grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage by Mindlog: 8:20pm On Mar 10
maasoap:

May be he didn't know the correct words to use as you can't allow your wife to do as she likes irrespective of how you feel about it

Once married, both husband and wife can't do as they like as if they are still bachelors and spinsters....they are both in a different phase of life that expects higher accountability to each other.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

*MODIFIED* Making Money With Publishing on Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace, etc / Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.