Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. (711 Views)

What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by slimyem: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
Testimony times in church are times when i wonder if people actually come out to give God glory or show off to people how comfortable they are.
Most of the time,this act is peculiar to ladies.they speak with obviously fake accents and you get to hear stuff like:
i want to bless God because i got engaged and when i went to dubai for my wedding shopping,our plane almost crashed but when i prayed,God took control.
Or even stuff like, i want to thank God because robbers came to our house and took my ipad,iphone and the 50,000naira i planned to spend for the week but i thank God they didnt hurt me.
There are many more i cant even start to write here.what's the whole point of these kinda testimonies?i dont quite get it.
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by manmustwac(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
They're just thanking god and at the same time using the opportunity to show how rich they are to you people who they see as poor or not up to thier level.
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by Joagbaje(m): 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2011
It is God that judges the motive of the heart. At the same time we should not be glorifying the work of the devil. Some people don't know how to glorify God in a testimony .like a new mother telling the congregation how much she suffered in labour. The only thing positive is just "BUT WE TNANK GOD SHA"

We don't need to go into details of satans exploit. He doesn't deserve such attention.
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by slimyem: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
Joagbaje:

It is God that judges the motive of the heart. At the same time we should not be glorifying the work of the devil. Some people don't know how to glorify God in a testimony .like a new mother telling the congregation how much she suffered in labour. The only thing positive is just "BUT WE TNANK GOD SHA"

We don't need to go into details of satans exploit. He doesn't deserve such attention.
i stongly agree with the bolded.only God can judge the true motives of the heart.
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by vedaxcool(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
Once a colleague of mine in the office told me about them effizzy testimony, men i laugh out loud, one of such was a testimony of a woman who drove a saloon car, then she won a contract and bought a Jeep; say thank God, well another used to make 2 million naira and suddenly she made 6 million naira, well i think they are learning well from their pastor: that is god does not like broke people? or why the sudden domination of materialism in the "church".
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by slimyem: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

Once a colleague of mine in the office told me about them effizzy testimony, men i laugh out loud, one of such was a testimony of a woman who drove a saloon car, then she won a contract and bought a Jeep; say thank God, well another used to make 2 million naira and suddenly she made 6 million naira, well i think they are learning well from their pastor: that is god does not like broke people? or why[b] the sudden domination of materialism in the "church"[/b].
i tire my brother.
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by Joagbaje(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2011
Its still s testimony. And its God who get the praise. If the intention is for self glory , its between the person and God. But if someone gives s genuine testimony and you see it from the fleshly perspective of efizzy. You're commiting a sin without knowing. People have been blessed and edified by the testimony of others. Our testimony is not just salvation. We sn testify to healing, deliverance from danger, and prosperity etc
Re: What Do You Think Of *effizy* Testimonies. by plappville(f): 9:42am On Nov 15, 2011
vedaxcool:

Once a colleague of mine in the office told me about them effizzy testimony, men i laugh out loud, one of such was a testimony of a woman who drove a saloon car, then she won a contract and bought a Jeep; say thank God, well another used to make 2 million naira and suddenly she made 6 million naira, well i think they are learning well from their pastor: that is god does not like broke people? or why the sudden domination of materialism in the "church".
First of all, u ve no ideal of what a testimony is meant for. U are a Muslim and i must hold it that ur aim here is to mock christians. U cant understands the meaning why people give God testimony, if u want u should be a temple of God to ve the understanding of testimony.

@topic, i can see that @joagbage have spoken well, so needless to add more.

i tire my brother.
He is a spire, if u know his intentiond, u will not even give him ears.
They are Christ haters, they work to uplift Islam and to see the down fall of Chritians, becareful when treating issues that has to do with the chruch.

(1) (Reply)

Organisers Remove Death Threats Against 'Anti-islam' Activists in Maldives / Why Will You Remember 2011? / Watch Breaking News! I See A Huge Bridge Broken In India – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.