Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,450 members, 7,843,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector (13103 Views)

Governor Peter Mbah Signs 3 Executive Orders, Hours After Swearing-In / Governor Adeleke Restates All 6 Executive Orders, Says He Never Reversed Himself / BREAKING: PENGASSAN Orders Strike Over Arrest Of Exxonmobil Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lexy2014: 8:19am On Mar 11
JAMO84:
This is the boldest and the bravest President in my life time.

Since 1999 every President knew the forex regime needs to be reformed, but none of them had the balls to do it, because they were afraid of the backlash.

Tinubu will use every means possible to make Nigeria better, executive orders, institutional reforms, though decisions, even amend the Constitution if he has to. Nigeria must work for all of us.

how is he "the boldest and the bravest President in my life time"?

how has he used his "boldness and braveness" to move Nigeria forward?

what is the reform that Tinubu has reformed in forex?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lexy2014: 8:19am On Mar 11
Exousiang01:

Define democracy and define standard of living.
You will find the difference

that is not what I asked you.

how is democracy a separate subject from the subject of standard of living?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lapintoz: 8:53am On Mar 11
Keyboard political cum economic analyst....Well done o

LadyExcellency:
Argentine president was handed a worse economy than Nigeria at the same time Tinubu got his mandate. The Argentina President ditched the World Bank, IMF, and WEF and initiated his reforms that were neither excruciating nor difficult for the poor and the middle class, he neither borrowed money nor printed cash yet, and he ran a quarterly prosperous quarterly budget.

What are we saying, Tinubu had no blueprint of his than those dictated by the World Bank, IMF, WEF, and our creditor countries, and those policies are worse for our country, especially for the poor and middle class.

The final coffin to exacerbate inflation in Nigeria will be the passage of the new minimum wage which neither the private sector nor the States have enough to implement. There will also be a massive laying off of workers from the private sector and this will compound the unemployment problems already in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by jaxxy(m): 9:41am On Mar 11
DeLaRue:
I personally believe Mr Tinubu is the best President we have had for a long term.

He is making very tangible changes that is going to help this country in the long run, but people are not noticing.

Even so called restructuring that people are shouting, he is changing things little by little but many people don't know how significant some of the changes are. I am sure he likes it that way. Most of the press are not even noticing.

This man is the most clever and formidable leader Nigeria has had since Babangida.

I have also been taken aback by his hardworking spirit and disarming personae.

Nonsense. u destroy everything then start fixing it randomly causing more problems and hardship while really fixing nothing.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Exousiang01(m): 9:42am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

If you can define the both terms you won't need to ask me that question.
Democracy is a type of government sir.
Standard of living is not.
Democracy and standard of living can never be the same,

But you have refused to get knowledge and understanding as adviced by the bible.
If you still stubbornly feel the these subjects are the same, well you are responsible for your own ignorance

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lexy2014: 9:44am On Mar 11
Exousiang01:

But you have refused to get knowledge and understanding as adviced by the bible.
If you still stubbornly feel the these subjects are the same, well you are responsible for your own ignorance

but since you have knowledge and understanding and are not ignorant, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question.

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Exousiang01(m): 10:08am On Mar 11
lexy2014:

but since you have knowledge and understanding and are not ignorant, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question.

I actually just told you.
Go and read my comment again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lexy2014: 10:09am On Mar 11
Exousiang01:

I actually just told you.
Go and read my comment again

I dont need to need to.

since you have knowledge and understanding and are not ignorant, am surprised that you cant answer the simple question.

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Blazetrailer: 10:13am On Mar 11
budaatum:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/how-tinubus-executive-orders-strike-at-heart-of-corruption-in-nigerias-oil-sector/

I laugh so loudly and hilariously when people think Tinubu, will truly tackle corruption.

Tinubu.... of all people? Kai!! My people are so gullible!!
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Blazetrailer: 10:15am On Mar 11
i refuse to believe that this comment came from a free thinking being.... i do not believe so.

DeLaRue:
I personally believe Mr Tinubu is the best President we have had for a long term.

He is making very tangible changes that is going to help this country in the long run, but people are not noticing.

Even so called restructuring that people are shouting, he is changing things little by little but many people don't know how significant some of the changes are. I am sure he likes it that way. Most of the press are not even noticing.

This man is the most clever and formidable leader Nigeria has had since Babangida.

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by lexy2014: 10:33am On Mar 11
Exousiang01:

can you show where in the question you asked, it was mentioned that "Democracy and standard of living" are the same thing?

do you understand the question? I thought you are not ignorant and that you have wisdom and understanding as the Bible advised?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Advancedman(m): 10:34am On Mar 11
Na today?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Layi4real(m): 10:55am On Mar 11
Good day Nairalander,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently a 400L geology student at FUTMINNA, and I am reaching out to humbly request your assistance in finding a placement for my IT training.

I am eager to gain practical experience in my field and would greatly appreciate any leads, recommendations, or opportunities that you may have within your networks. Your support in this endeavor would be valuable to me as I strive to enhance my skills and knowledge.

Thank you for considering my request, and I look forward to any assistance you can provide
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Aposteli1(m): 11:04am On Mar 11
JAMO84:
This is the boldest and the bravest President in my life time.

Since 1999 every President knew the forex regime needs to be reformed, but none of them had the balls to do it, because they were afraid of the backlash.

Tinubu will use every means possible to make Nigeria better, executive orders, institutional reforms, though decisions, even amend the Constitution if he has to. Nigeria must work for all of us.
Amen
God bless you abundantly in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by 348august: 12:17pm On Mar 11
Media order.The grains he ordered for their release.Howfa?Media order.The grains he ordered for their release.Howfa?...
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Brendaniel: 2:22pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

Javier Milei's cuts "were neither excruciating"?

And what are the details about the cut, cause I have seen protests that are also very useless...
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Exceed15: 4:48pm On Mar 11
DeLaRue:

Why do people struggle to market bad product.. Kikikikikiki Tinubu till 2098.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Exceed15: 4:50pm On Mar 11
SpecialAdviser:

Of course he is the best for as long you get your pay check to defend the failure. Keep it up. Naija is on cruise. Meanwhile we have been told he is implementing a different budget. grin grin cheesy cheesy Continue

Don't mind the fool. I dare him to say this on the street.. his life will never remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Gbogbowa: 5:13pm On Mar 11
DeLaRue:

All what Tinubu is doing is just like a rocky chair very busy but going nowhere.All his policies are gambling without reality e.g implementing Oransaye reports and still moving with 40 convoys, floating the naira yet supporting the Naira, removing subsidy yet paying subsidy.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 6:44pm On Mar 11
Brendaniel:

And what are the details about the cut, cause I have seen protests that are also very useless...

That you can easily Google if you truly want to know.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 6:56pm On Mar 11
Blazetrailer:

I laugh so loudly and hilariously when people think Tinubu, will truly tackle corruption.

Tinubu.... of all people? Kai!! My people are so gullible!!

No, I don't think Tinubu will tackle corruption. I don't even think one individual can tackle corruption.

What I need is policies to be set in place to reduce the opportunities for corruption to go undetected. Then will we Nigerians see the corruption in full glare and demand it stops and corrupters he held accountable.

It's democracy, you see. Not government by Tinubu, but government by we the people.

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Brendaniel: 7:48pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

That you can easily Google if you truly want to know.

Why do you want me to go look for something you claim you already have?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 7:52pm On Mar 11
Brendaniel:

Why do you want me to go look for something you claim you already have?

Because I want you to self educate yourself on how to seek relevant information as opposed to you being fed by me.

I've after all set a table before you that includes information already that you can easily Google to know more, so why should I spoon the information into your mouth too?
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Brendaniel: 8:11pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

Because I want you to self educate yourself on how to seek relevant information as opposed to you being fed by me.

I've after all set a table before you that includes information already that you can easily Google to know more, so why should I spoon the information into your mouth too?

I asked you for it and I have a reason for doing that, if you cannot answer me then I won't count whatever your claims are to be to be taken seriously....

You can keep it, if it is not serious enough to be presented by you and shouldn't be discussed at all....
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Irony1: 9:21pm On Mar 11
JAMO84:
Take my future and give it to Peter Obi I guess.

Your future you gave to him in Anambra, what did he do with it?

Oga shut up and stop talking stupidly. You think we don't see through the propaganda you are playing.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 9:23pm On Mar 11
Brendaniel:

I asked you for it and I have a reason for doing that, if you cannot answer me then I won't count whatever your claims are to be to be taken seriously....

You can keep it, if it is not serious enough to be presented by you and shouldn't be discussed at all....

My point which I have made is that there is evidence that Argentinians are excruciating over the policies of Javier Milei, which I have already provided for you since you can easily google lens the images I posted for a link to the sites they came from where details of the cuts are listed along with Argentinians reactions to them. So you don't have to take me serious Brendaniel, but I hope you take serious the facts and the evidence you find for yourself.
Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Brendaniel: 9:37pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

My point which I have made is that there is evidence that Argentinians are excruciating over the policies of Javier Milei, which I have already provided for you since you can easily google lens the images I posted for a link to the sites they came from where details of the cuts are listed along with Argentinians reactions to them. So you don't have to take me serious Brendaniel, but I hope you take serious the facts and the evidence you find for yourself.

At least you were able to explain something here, however you cannot compare that with what Tinubu is doing in Nigeria, for one major out of other reasons, and that is Tinubu and his entire government is not living by example like the Argentine president....

You can't be making cuts for the citizens and yet increasing wasteful spending for the government and tell the citizens to endure the cuts like Argentina is doing...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 9:48pm On Mar 11
Brendaniel:

At least you were able to explain something here, however you cannot compare that with what Tinubu is doing in Nigeria, for one major out of other reasons, and that is Tinubu and his entire government is not living by example like the Argentine president....
I was never comparing what Tinubu and Javier were doing. I was only contesting the claim that Argentinians were not excruciating over what Javier was doing in Argentina, and I provided evidence for my claim, which is that Argentinians are definitely excruciating indeed.

Brendaniel:
You can't be making cuts for the citizens and yet increasing wasteful spending for the government and tell the citizens to endure the cuts like Argentina is doing...

Question.
Is Tinubu increasing wasteful spending for the government and telling the citizens to endure the cuts like Argentina is doing?

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by benardtotti(m): 10:52pm On Mar 11
budaatum:

Javier Milei's cuts "were neither excruciating"?

Please educate the simpleton who is busy regurgitating what Obi and his master Atiku keep saying on social media. A simple Google search would have shown that Argentina is not yet out of the woods, but no they will rather go to twitter to see politicians tweeting nonsense and accept is gospel truth .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by budaatum: 11:21pm On Mar 11
benardtotti:

Please educate the simpleton who is busy regurgitating what Obi ..... .

Trust me, I will. Meanwhile, don't dare miss my Obidience as I labour for any good done by our President Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Executive Orders Strike At Heart Of Corruption In Nigeria’s Oil Sector by Ilekokonit: 2:43am On Mar 12
These politicians must think we are all deaf and dumb.

How can anyone possibly mention Tinubu and fighting corruption in the same sentence.

Do they think we cant remember Alpha Beta that is a conduit to siphon a sizeable portion of Lagos States income into Tinubu's pocket, MC Oluomo and election thuggery in Lagos, Tinubu a few weeks ago making his son in law the MD of the Federal Housing Authority, Seyi Tinubu using a front Company to buy Deziani's corruptly gotten mansion in London and these are just the tip of the iceberg of Tinubu's MASSIVE corruption.

How can someone like Tinubu fight corruption when he himself is a super thief and his closest associates are also criminals in the persons of Ganduje (a.k. Gandollar), Wike, Akpabio and the list goes on.

Nigeria may not recover from Tinubu's looting. Just watch and see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators / FG Says It Is Partnering The Russian Government To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company / 2023: INEC Announces Closure Of All Party Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.