Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

"20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank (16004 Views)

Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / Jim Ovia: "My Lagos Success Story" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by seanery: 9:54am On Mar 12
Sigh
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by RichIgboBoy: 9:55am On Mar 12
Mehn!
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by H2ho(m): 9:55am On Mar 12
where did you get the money from?

washing & angry
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 9:56am On Mar 12
ppogba:

Go and get a primary school social studies note before disgracing your parents on a public forum.

U are a shame to ur parents ...defend what I said ...abi na lie...u guys destroyed this country and continue to destroy this country

2 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by CountinBlessins(m): 9:58am On Mar 12
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool How did we get here

Chai!!! EBIN PAWA ooo !!!!

This KUNTRY don tire me. Na only ASHAWO house and my WEED de give me joy grin

ASHAWO house wey I go yesterday night.

Chai. All the slim slim fine girls don sleep finish..

Na only the fat fat once de outside around that 1am in the night..

Bross i gats carry one fat girl ooo because my PREEK don already STAND like STANDING FAN..

As we enter room and she remove cloth. Chai. NaSo her armpit begin smell grin

Before I know waiting de Xup she don jack me NACK for bed. Begin NACK NACK me up and down..

I de shout.. nobody gree EPP me!!

Bross this girl nearly shift my PREEK.

As she NACK me finish. All my body begin shake..

My too legs begin gum together with my PREEK grin

I no fit walker again..

To make the story short..

Na wheel chair dem use carry me comort with the help of some boys outside grin

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

You talk too damn much and you crave attention. Get a life
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by blowjohn(m): 9:59am On Mar 12
They shud go and fix zenith bank network first.

Very anyhow bank.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Raylight2(m): 10:03am On Mar 12
adioolayi:
..and so?

Is $1 yesterday $1 today

Is NGN1 yesterday NGN 1 today

The fact Volkswagen was NGN 300 at some point, does it mean everyone can afford it at that time

I agree, Nira has depreciated over time...it's a sad one...but brining this kind of analogy no cut am.

When NGN 20 M was $ 5 M ...how many people have these money in their account back then..both in Nigeria and USA

The message being passed is the way the rate has gone from 4 to 1580 naira to a dollar today.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Elzazzi: 10:04am On Mar 12
Lordofalmajiri:
cool That's roughly #8billion naira now ...
The Question is how did he get the 20million naira ? cool cool

That man na one of IBB boys cool grin

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by YouAreNobody: 10:07am On Mar 12
Boogyman557:

Bross i gats carry one fat girl ooo because my PREEK don already STAND like STANDING FAN..

Before I know waiting de Xup she don jack me NACK for bed. Begin NACK NACK me up and down..

I no fit walker again..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Hahahahahaha hahahahahahaha.....guy you don blow ma mind🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Seankhalifa: 10:09am On Mar 12
my guy win 150 dollars giveaway for X app.. street wan craz grin
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by LordBillionz: 10:09am On Mar 12
BigDawsNet:
Just imagine saving a 20m in a US bank and u commot face for 34 years...

Now ur $5m will be smiling at u in the US bank with some interest... which may be converted to around eight billion one hundred twenty-six million one hundred fifty thousand naira
It's not easy to get 20 million Naira then

2 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Elzazzi: 10:11am On Mar 12
Believeintruth:

if my history serves me correct Zenith Bank was not started by Jim Ovia, it was known as Zenith Merchant Bank in the early 90s. Jim came back from the states and worked in defunct IMB in Victoria Island and then was able to take over Zenith Merchant Bank and renamed it Zenith Bank.

Don't forget to mention he Is an IBB boy. IBB made most of these billionaires today.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Apel147(m): 10:12am On Mar 12
This is how much democracy has plummeted us! Politicians are the biggest thieves around town..
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by RickyJesus: 10:13am On Mar 12
Beverlyjean:
Na only north and west don rule rule this country ...they never gave an Igbo man a chance and still don't...and they wonder how we got here
Politics is not a game of chance.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by MatrixReloaded: 10:14am On Mar 12
magoo10:
Meanwhile ₦20million today cant start you an average business with a good capital base.
It can boost personal economy
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by JChris01: 10:14am On Mar 12
Before "renewed hope" happened to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Erukulele(m): 10:17am On Mar 12
HAS DEMOCRACY REALLY FAVOR OUR NATION?
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by mrdharkchild(m): 10:20am On Mar 12
$1= #4

Good times indeed.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by callmevirus(m): 10:23am On Mar 12
Jennyclay:
Rich man.

I love him already kiss

Mugu, he is a Nigerian man
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Ray369: 10:24am On Mar 12
Who is the first civilian president of Nigeria?
Who planned the first military coup in Nigeria?
Who was the first military head of state of Nigeria ?
The Igbos were the one that derailed us that's why the north and west made them minority by carving out South South region from the Igbo clan.
The Igbos can't be National rulers in Nigeria anymore ...all the do is spoil structures

Beverlyjean:
Na only north and west don rule rule this country ...they never gave an Igbo man a chance and still don't...and they wonder how we got here

2 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Artscollection: 10:29am On Mar 12
BigDawsNet:

Now ur $5m will be smiling at u in the US bank with some interest... which may be converted to around eight billion one hundred twenty-six million one hundred fifty thousand naira

Compare the purchasing power b4 you celebrate!

They use to sell brand new 405 19k. Na indomie we dey use am buy now

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Fearurcreeator: 10:30am On Mar 12
magoo10:
Meanwhile ₦20million today cant start you an average business with a good capital base.
If 20m can't start an average business for you ... Oga you no fit do anything with billions... No dey lie yourself

2 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by oluwaseyi0: 10:31am On Mar 12
adioolayi:
..and so?

Is $1 yesterday $1 today

Is NGN1 yesterday NGN 1 today

The fact Volkswagen was NGN 300 at some point, does it mean everyone can afford it at that time

I agree, Nira has depreciated over time...it's a sad one...but brining this kind of analogy no cut am.

When NGN 20 M was $ 5 M ...how many people have these money in their account back then..both in Nigeria and USA

correct man, God bless

my daddy personally hates this kind of analogy

papa claims he bought his first standing fan for 23 naira, my brother said it was very cheap, papa wan chenk am, salary no reach 70naira, not so many people have up to 50 naira as disposable cash

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by NAC1666: 10:35am On Mar 12
Boogyman557:

I no fit walker again..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
You are a lucky man. Celebrate your survival with us here. Share some of your wee.....
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by NAC1666: 10:36am On Mar 12
onthehill:
"20 Million Naira Was Equivalent 5 Million Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJWXG83cH0Q?si=tvy51uxwihD79rzg

.....and $5m is now 8billion naira
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by xjiggy: 10:38am On Mar 12
One of the greatest exploiters of the masses is speaking.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Daystar7: 10:39am On Mar 12
Ray369:
The Igbos were the one that derailed us that's why the north and west made them minority by carving out South South region from the Igbo clan.
The Igbos can't be National rulers in Nigeria anymore ...all the do is spoil structures

Ololdo pointing fingers, I'll give you #20k if u can tell me who the said first civilian president is and how he's Igbo, the first military coup you term as Igbo coup of you can give me two Igbo out of 10 or there about that actually planned it another #10k

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by starpower(m): 10:53am On Mar 12
BigDawsNet:

buy Berkshire Hathaway class A stock in 1990 @$6400 per share, by 2024, will have close to 460million dollars. @N 1500 to $1 you will have around 700billion naira. lol

2 Likes

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 10:53am On Mar 12
Ray369:

Shows u know nothing about history and how the parliamentary system worked ...

1. Tafewa Balewa was the prime minister and the president position was just ceremonial ...the decisions were made by the PM and not president...president was like VP now ...

2. The coup was by the South in its entirety... ijaw man , Igbo man , calabar man and yoruba man were all involved , so stop acting foolish...

3. Then if the Igbos will never rule, then we must leave this useless country...but be rest assured that the drug lord in aso rock will be the last time a yoruba man will ever rule and then u guys will return to minority ,just like u were b4...the Ijaw people will replace u people as number 3

1 Like

Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by Chickensoup: 11:09am On Mar 12
Boogyman557:

I no fit walker again..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
What's the point of your comment?
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by magoo10(m): 11:11am On Mar 12
Fearurcreeator:

If 20m can't start an average business for you ... Oga you no fit do anything with billions... No dey lie yourself
kid you do not know the line of business i am into so shut up.no be everybody be your mate for here.
Re: "20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank by magoo10(m): 11:16am On Mar 12
Fearurcreeator:

i dont sell cars but let me use car sales for example.
A direct tokumbo venza cost between 14 to 16 milion naira ,now tell me how many cars you can have in an average outlet with 20million naira?
Na your type dey support tinubu without using your brain .
Na your future and future children i pity pass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Calls Out Distributor Who Disappeared After Owing Him N700K / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork / How Much Is The Price Of Kerosene In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.