Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (47827 Views)

"20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank / Diamond Bank Is A Fraud!, My 80,000.00 Naira Was Stolen Since Feb. In My Account / Is The Ghana Cedi Stronger Than The Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
When the going was good. The era when we didn't know what to do with our national wealth.

http://www.scandalnigeria.com/2018/08/27/throwback-to-when-the-naira-%e2%82%a6-was-stronger-than-the-us-dollar/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by abokibuhari: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
83-85 the lifeless cow started destroying everything

396 Likes 30 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by oatzeal(m): 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hmmm
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by amaniro: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
When I went to school with 5 naira that can buy like 3 things wink
in roughly 2002

My grandfather salary then was 7naira as a teacher wink this one was told as a story to me

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by blackpanda: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
amaniro:

My grandfather salary then was 7naira as a teacher wink

Na wa o...kontinuu

42 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Ever8054: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
blackpanda:

Na wa o...kontinuu
nawaooo ...as in he is lying or what?.... he is very correct you could buy a whole lot of things with 5naira then....

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Macopol01(m): 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nigeria can not be better except we choose a God sent messager, who wi rule, govern accordingly. A man dat wi not b an errand boy to dz shit cal dem God father, a man with a vision to serve not 2 save, to give not 2 dposit hs acct wt naija money. And we nigerians, i want 2 ask u guys, if u want 2 send me an errand 2 do some works 4u n 2 turn ur future dat had bn in daknes to b bright, d question s who sud pay each other, i think s u. But nigerians xpet d presdt candidate 2 bring billions 4 campaign, we sud b d1 campaignin 4 him, dnt let hm spend anytin, we nid a change, n d change bgin wt youths, let me tell u b4 dey do bobo or trick us dat we ar leaders of 2moro, b wise we ar leaders of 2day n 2moro bcuz 2moro start 2day n it can only b fruitful wen use 2day 2 prepare 4 it. The Bible says “my people ar perishing bcuz dey lack wisdom” Naija youths lets wake up, encourage n enlight ourself. Because 4 nigeria 2 get beta it bgin wit u n 1. God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Sirjamo: 11:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
abokibuhari:
He has achieved more in life than you can ever dream of in 300 life times, you and your likes are just wasting away online abusing someone who was your parents president and return again to be your president, maybe one day, his son will be your children president.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by dacanv(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2018
N'Anya Adam

1 Like

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by SarkinYarki: 12:17am On Aug 28, 2018
Before the lifeless dullard destroyed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by OneCorner: 1:31am On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:
Wetin dz one dey talk bayi

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by KingLennon(m): 2:42am On Aug 28, 2018
And some people are about to make it worse come 2019 because of 3k with rice and tomatoes

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Cantonese: 2:55am On Aug 28, 2018
And then Babangida introduced the second tier foreign exchange market (SFEM) in august 1986. The naira was devalued that year by that government and it heralded the challenges of our currency. Before then one could travel to any country in the world with the naira and exchange it in any bureau de change. See, the problem of this country started during the Shagari regime and blown out of proportion by Babangida. Each time we attack Jonathan I wonder why the people of that age fail to tell the honest truth. This country was damaged by the military and not Jonathan. Babangida and Abacha put us into this mess we are presently facing. Neither Jonathan nor Buhari caused it. Our problems became compounded by the greedy politicians who are the animals that Trump talked about.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by alexola20(m): 4:39am On Aug 28, 2018

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Banmeallday: 4:43am On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:

Yes but so did the small boy called Jack from 1966 to a whole 1975, plucking everything up and allowing himself to be toyed by Smarter and sharper people from London

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by EmekaMD(m): 5:14am On Aug 28, 2018
Who noticed that naira became weaker to dollar during Buhari's first coming?

And see how far he's taken naira in his second coming..

You're still wondering what his third coming would look like for the naira should he be re-elected again?

Your guess is as good as mine!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by yazach: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2018
Cantonese:
And then Babangida introduced the second tier foreign exchange market (SFEM) in august 1986. The naira was devalued that year by that government and it heralded the challenges of our currency. Before then one could travel to any country in the world with the naira and exchange it in any bureau de change. See, the problem of this country started during the Shagari regime and blown out of proportion by Babangida. Each time we attack Jonathan I wonder why the people of that age fail to tell the honest truth. This country was damaged by the military and not Jonathan. Babangida and Abacha put us into this mess we are presently facing. Neither Jonathan nor Buhari caused it. Our problems became compounded by the greedy politicians who are the animals that Trump talked about.

Include Obasanjo

Jonathan was having a good mind but he allowed useless and griddy politicians to carryout their atrocities

10 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2018
Though I know there was a time naira was stronger than dollars, I doubt these records because Nigeria started using naira and kobo in 1973. How come the records include 1972?

5 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by yinkeys(m): 6:14am On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:
Yea inflation in Nigerias history began with him

3 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by hope4nigeria(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Sirjamo:
He has achieved more in life than you can ever dream of in 300 life times, you and your likes are just wasting away online abusing someone who was your parents president and return again to be your president, maybe one day, his son will be your children president.
shutup dia , buhari failed to fulfill his purpose in life. your future has bn completely destroy and you're happy, continue

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by hernandson(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2018
amaniro:

My grandfather salary then was 7naira as a teacher wink
dreamer so he would give you 5naira out of 7naira,he should better go back to school too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by Asquare84(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2018
Cantonese:

most especially babangida

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by ba7man(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:
How exactly?

What policies exactly did the "Lifeless cow" implement that destroyed everything??

3 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by amaniro: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2018
hernandson:
dreamer so he would give you 5naira out of 7naira,he should better go back to school too

Lol in 1985 that my grandfather was still working.

in 2002 I was still in primary school.

6 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2018
I wish we could turn back the time.
Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by TrueLEADER: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2018
Buhari is a curse...........
83-85 sees the highest bastardization of our currency.......
And entrance of black market reign

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by dkronicle(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2018
Make exchange just dey favour me.

2 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by wirinet(m): 7:44am On Aug 28, 2018
abokibuhari:

And full life cows that was in power between 1985 - 2015 (30 years), could not build every thing back, especially the full life cow that ruled between 2010 - 2015?

6 Likes

Re: When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) by DoyenExchange: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2018
O God! The good old days...can Nigeria be ever great again?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Michael Chukwuka Onyema Burial: Celebrities, Politicians Spotted / List Of Simple Businesses You Can Do If You Are Unemployed / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.