Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security (292 Views)

Leke Abejide Shows Credit Alert On TV. Receives ₦697,911 Monthly Salary / Nigerian Army Issues ‘red Alert’ To Soldiers Dealing With Nigeria Police(photos) / Governor Emmanuel Issues Red Card To Akwa Ibom Police Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by Jimsonjaat86: 3:55pm On Mar 12
Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert on School and Rural Security, Announces Major Reforms

●Summons State Security Council Meeting

● Amotekun Billed for Reorganisation

OSOGBO-12/03/2024- Osunstate.gov.ng

Governor Ademola Adeleke has raised alarm over threat to peace and security within the state school system and rural farm communities, summoning a meeting of the state security council and announcing major security reforms.

In a statement issued on Tuesday morning, the Governor made reference to intelligence snippets of deliberate mobilisation of criminal elements to the rural areas of the state, stressing that such reports are alarming and pose serious concerns to the well being of Osun people.

The Governor noted that the administration is worried about reports that those behind the plot are targeting disruption of farming activities through kidnappings and attacks on rural farm settlements.

It was further revealed that schools are being targeted with abductions and attacks as a way of distracting from the implementation of the safe school initiative and the multi-billion naira infrastructure plan.

Governor Adeleke noted that while a meeting of the state security council has been summoned, preliminary directives have been issued to school authorities to take precautions to enhance the safety of pupils and students.

The Ministry of Education and all education agencies have been ordered to review safety measures in Osun schools in line with the safe school initiative.

In specific terms, school principals and heads are expected to clear overgrown school environments and ensure close liaison with the Parents and Teachers Association to secure their school environments.

The Governor further directs the Food Security Committee to submit an interim report to allow for immediate actions to safeguard farm security and secure farmers as the rainy season knocks on the door.

According to the Governor, we expect the initial report to contain practical and implementable measures to safeguard our farming communities through closer integration and mobilisation of the local hunters and forest rangers.

The Governor further announced his plans to embark on major reforms of the Amotekun security force, frowning at the internal rivalry, opposition penetration and external intervention that are negatively affecting the operation of the Amotekun force.

The Amotekun , the Governor noted, is to be reorganized to make it a truly efficient force to complement the efforts and operation of the police and other security agencies.

He assured the public that his administration has taken preemptive steps to secure our schools and farming communities, describing Osun as a peaceful state which will.not succumb to attempts to destabilize the peace and harmony among our people.

“I have summoned a meeting of the State Security Council to firm up all plans. I assure our people that I am on top of the situation. We are committed to securing our school, our farm, our society.

“No stone will be left unturned to disrupt plans of enemies of progress to plunge the state into crisis. I urge members of the public to inform security agencies of any unusual movement or activities across the state”, Governor Adelekw was quoted as saying.

Signed:
Malam Olawale Rasheed,
Spokesperson to the State Governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by pharmbayo(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12
What has he done to improve the security of the state? Aregbesola did alot in Improving the State Security and
Oyetola also did his best. Our Adeleke has not done anything in that respect. The Amotekuns are already demoralized. May God help us jare
Jimsonjaat86:
Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert on School and Rural Security, Announces Major Reforms

●Summons State Security Council Meeting

● Amotekun Billed for Reorganisation

OSOGBO-12/03/2024- Osunstate.gov.ng

Governor Ademola Adeleke has raised alarm over threat to peace and security within the state school system and rural farm communities, summoning a meeting of the state security council and announcing major security reforms.

In a statement issued on Tuesday morning, the Governor made reference to intelligence snippets of deliberate mobilisation of criminal elements to the rural areas of the state, stressing that such reports are alarming and pose serious concerns to the well being of Osun people.

The Governor noted that the administration is worried about reports that those behind the plot are targeting disruption of farming activities through kidnappings and attacks on rural farm settlements.

It was further revealed that schools are being targeted with abductions and attacks as a way of distracting from the implementation of the safe school initiative and the multi-billion naira infrastructure plan.

Governor Adeleke noted that while a meeting of the state security council has been summoned, preliminary directives have been issued to school authorities to take precautions to enhance the safety of pupils and students.

The Ministry of Education and all education agencies have been ordered to review safety measures in Osun schools in line with the safe school initiative.

In specific terms, school principals and heads are expected to clear overgrown school environments and ensure close liaison with the Parents and Teachers Association to secure their school environments.

The Governor further directs the Food Security Committee to submit an interim report to allow for immediate actions to safeguard farm security and secure farmers as the rainy season knocks on the door.

According to the Governor, we expect the initial report to contain practical and implementable measures to safeguard our farming communities through closer integration and mobilisation of the local hunters and forest rangers.

The Governor further announced his plans to embark on major reforms of the Amotekun security force, frowning at the internal rivalry, opposition penetration and external intervention that are negatively affecting the operation of the Amotekun force.

The Amotekun , the Governor noted, is to be reorganized to make it a truly efficient force to complement the efforts and operation of the police and other security agencies.

He assured the public that his administration has taken preemptive steps to secure our schools and farming communities, describing Osun as a peaceful state which will.not succumb to attempts to destabilize the peace and harmony among our people.

“I have summoned a meeting of the State Security Council to firm up all plans. I assure our people that I am on top of the situation. We are committed to securing our school, our farm, our society.

“No stone will be left unturned to disrupt plans of enemies of progress to plunge the state into crisis. I urge members of the public to inform security agencies of any unusual movement or activities across the state”, Governor Adelekw was quoted as saying.

Signed:
Malam Olawale Rasheed,
Spokesperson to the State Governor.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by budaatum: 4:46pm On Mar 12
pharmbayo:
What has he done to improve the security of the state? Aregbesola did alot in Improving the State Security and
Oyetola also did his best. Our Adeleke has not done anything in that respect. The Amotekuns are already demoralized. May God help us jare

Kindly do tell me the "a lot" that Aregbesola did, considering he was not paying staff and was taking Osun money all the way to Lagos.

Those staff he did not pay made farming impossible, as a hungry person can 'farm' at night.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by AllenSpencer: 4:52pm On Mar 12
pharmbayo:

The Governor has been proactively dancing across the state to counter insecurity.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by pharmbayo(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14
Which Osun money was he taking to Lagos? No Governor in the history of Osun has committed alot into the State Security the way Aregbesola did. The only Armour Tank still left in Osun today which is placed in front of the Government House is part of the ones bought by Aregbesola. Politics Apart,No Governor has done what Aregbesola did in Osun.
budaatum:

Kindly do tell me the "a lot" that Aregbesola did, considering he was not paying staff and was taking Osun money all the way to Lagos.

Those staff he did not pay made farming impossible, as a hungry person can 'farm' at night.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by pharmbayo(m): 9:04pm On Mar 14
Toor...its well
AllenSpencer:

The Governor has been proactively dancing across the state to counter insecurity.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by budaatum: 9:17pm On Mar 14
pharmbayo:
Which Osun money was he taking to Lagos? No Governor in the history of Osun has committed alot into the State Security the way Aregbesola did. The only Armour Tank still left in Osun today which is placed in front of the Government House is part of the ones bought by Aregbesola. Politics Apart,No Governor has done what Aregbesola did in Osun.

It's definitely true that no one has done what Aregbe did in Osun. When he did not pay salary, we all ate the only Armour Tank still left in Osun today, and that filled our bellies and helped us pay school fees for our children.

But that's me talking politics I guess. Please state what Aregbe did in Osun State.

Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by pharmbayo(m): 11:23pm On Mar 14
You yourself knows that Not all civil servants in Osun were placed on Half salary..Workers on lower cadre collected their salaries in full..Aregbesola only started paying half to the senior civil servants and you can also affirm that he started paying them the balance even before he left office.. we don't need to be sentimental at all times.. Do you know how many Bank Robberies were stopped by the Security equipments bought by him? Lets just be sincere with our ourselves for once
budaatum:

It's definitely true that no one has done what Aregbe did in Osun. When he did not pay salary, we all ate the only Armour Tank still left in Osun today, and that filled our bellies and helped us pay school fees for our children.

But that's me talking politics I guess. Please state what Aregbe did in Osun State.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by budaatum: 11:35pm On Mar 14
pharmbayo:
You yourself knows that Not all civil servants in Osun were placed on Half salary..Workers on lower cadre collected their salaries in full..Aregbesola only started paying half to the senior civil servants and you can also affirm that he started paying them the balance even before he left office.. we don't need to be sentimental at all times.. Do you know how many Bank Robberies were stopped by the Security equipments bought by him? Lets just be sincere with our ourselves for once

So, I have to be lower cadre before half salary paid every 3-4 months negatively affects me?

Meanwhile, his security operatives who were guarding the banks could not stop the hungry people he created by not paying them, who then now came in my farm and harvested all my yam and cocoa which I am indeed sentimental about, and making it uneconomical to farm in Osun State.

Sorry, but I don't own a bank. If I did I too would be sentimental about him not letting it get robbed.
Re: Gov Adeleke Issues Red Alert On School And Rural Security by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:37am On Mar 15
budaatum:

So, I have to be lower cadre before half salary paid every 3-4 months negatively affects me?

Meanwhile, his security operatives who were guarding the banks could not stop the hungry people he created by not paying them, who then now came in my farm and harvested all my yam and cocoa which I am indeed sentimental about, and making it uneconomical to farm in Osun State.

Sorry, but I don't own a bank. If I did I too would be sentimental about him not letting it get robbed.

Aregbe was a great champion amongst Osun State Governors. You people have truly over-flogged the salary issue. Development of Osun State infrastructure for millions of Osun State Citizens came at a cost: yea, the belly of a few senior civil servants! But with the benefit of hindsight, and without sounding insensitive to these gallant civil savants, you should still be happy that the sacrifices weren’t in vain. Or are you not proud of the schools Aregbe built and the roads he constructed. The returns on these investments will continue to accrue for generations yet unborn!

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2024:barr Ogie Nominated As Running Mate To Ighodalo / Imo Election Tribunal: Setback For APC As Key Witness Admits Irregularities In U / Host Community To Bingham Varsity: Hire Qualified Individuals From Our Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.