Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted (9608 Views)

Selling My Laptop Stand For Coding, I Bought From Amazon (photo). Interested? / Do We Really Have Wizard Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Any Female Programmers In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2011
women should be in the kitchen, not on the keyboard.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by InkedNerd(f): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
*dhtml:

women should be in the kitchen, not on the keyboard.

Yeah, the same way Black people should be on platations working as slaves instead of roaming the Earth free grin wink
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
Yes female Programmers, only if you come on Nairaland and live here in the programmers section, showing off your d*ick and measuring it against ours will we believe you are real programmers.

You have to engage in all of the mundane we are known for here( the[b]show-me-your-code-and-I-will-tell-you-if-you-are-better-than-I-am[/b] games, The-language-I-code-in-is-better-than-yours rumbles, the I-opened-a-thread-to-teach-you-what-you-could-easily-google-up-and-so-I-am-more-advanced postings, and let's not forget the[b] I-read-a-book-on-it/am-taking-a-class-in-it-so-I-am-more-advanced-than-those-who-may-have-been-working-in-the-field-before-I-was-born[/b] thinkers)  to be considered legit programmers or code-churners.

So female programmers, bring your d*cks let the nairaland "male" programmers measure them since some of em actually believe they are the only ones to tell how legit you are as programmers( even if this happens to be your day job or what you enjoy doing, programming that is). grin Come on female programmers, many of the males believe they are solving problems . . . heck, these male programmers have solved Nigeria's many  problems on Nairaland!  grin

1 Like

Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
Caramba! Now who are those programmers showing off with their dictionaries? Is it the gorrilla chest-thumping-hegoat-male programmers?
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by mxxpunkxx: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
*dhtml:

Even these onces that say they are female programmers self, i dont even believe at all. How come they dont come out to talk when we are solving problems?
ME I NO BELIEVE JOR - NO FEMALE PROGRAMMERS IN NIGERIA / NAIRALAND! I NEED PROOF.

Now, many nairalanders have met me in real life - at least more than 20 (from many boards too).

Correct
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Or it was my twin they met. Now, these female programmers are kinda coming on too strongly, i think they should be sent back to the kitchen.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by BukiBuki(f): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
I'm in the Computer & Information Science department.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by mxxpunkxx: 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
BukiBuki:

okay, write d simple "hello world" program in ur fav. language . . . lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2011
BukiBuki:

See this one, 3 posts, where ave u been when we was sweating to write codes? People have been weeping, trying to get some codes done - is only kobojunkie i see helping out - all the others hide inside the kitchen (writing codes inside pots and pans)
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
Kobojunkie helping out what? Are you so blind that you cannot see the obvious? Kobojunkie also "helps out" in Politics section, how come you are never there?? Must everyone who claims to be programmers be exactly like you?

Gosh!!! How old are you who call yourselves "male" programmers??
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by InkedNerd(f): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie helping out what? Are you so blind that you cannot see the obvious? Kobojunkie also "helps out" in Politics section, how come you are never there?? Must everyone who claims to be programmers be exactly like you?

LOL, ask am o! grin
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
Ewa na, na me una dey do tag-team for? I refused to be over-powered by ?>"£%$^*(%$^
- Hasta la vista babes (btw i love babes that write codes)
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by moderatorr: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2011
'program them gals with the sexcode,
virus scan, me scan them download'
-benie man
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by moderatorr: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

checkout zucherberg's age. The older you are the less of a programmer you become. Mrs. Kobojunkie
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2011
^^^Muhahaha, and the more the number of children you get (for the women now), the lesser the programmer you become. . . . .MAMAAAAAAAA I WANTTTT TO DRINK UN-MENTION-ABLES!
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Ace26: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
First of all, as the one with the OP for this thread, I think i'm impressed with the turn out of female programmers. Nice to know you all are out there churning out codes that improve and change lives.

Secondly, I will in the same vein condemn the chauvinistic comments that littered most of this thread(sorry about that ladies). The main aim was to get us to know each other especially the females among us and not to expose them for some of you to take swipes at. Instead, we should appreciate and respect each other(both male and female) for our abilities and knowlegde and not disrespect anyone cause of gender(that's what little boys do to look tough in front of their friends).

Again nice to meet all you female geeks, and I hope to see more technical posts and threads from all around here(cause that's the reason the forum was created anyway).

Cheers
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
^^^^That is very well said bro. Hola at all the female geeks - we love you. I am sorry for all my stoopid comment, yes, i know i can be a goat sometimes. . . .
Nice to meet y'all female geeks (so we ave to uproot you people to know you were really there all along - smh)
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
moderatorr:

checkout zucherberg's age. The older you are the less of a programmer you become. Mrs. Kobojunkie

You are attempting to claim Zucherberg, who everyone seems to agree is a mature being, thinks like the "male" programmers, such as yourself, on nairaland?? Really, how old are you monkeys "male" programmers??
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
^^^See how the female programmer are even talking self (they are begining to talk like us - but they are doing it very poorly)
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2011
*dhtml:

^^^Muhahaha, and the more the number of children you get (for the women now), the lesser the programmer you become. . . . .MAMAAAAAAAA I WANTTTT TO DRINK UN-MENTION-ABLES!

So you actually believe that when it comes to women, your mother included, the more children they have, the less intelligent as human beings, they become?? Really, how old are you in the brain??  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Is this really how low an entity is willing to descend in a bid to display how superior he suggests himself to be to another?

I really question how you all were raised . . . . cause the mentality . . . . chilling stuff!!
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by instinctg(m): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2011
@kobojunkie, oops!
I think u got his view out of context.
Maybe he put it d wrong way, but even as men, once u start having family responsibilities, ur dedication to programming ll be reduced.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2011
^^^^Thank you very miuch, and please do not drag my mother into this - she gave me enough u-n-m-e-n-t-i-o-n-a-b-l-e-s to drink rather than cowfood - that is why i can program very well today.

instinctg:

@kobojunkie, oops!
Maybe he put it d wrong way, but even as men, once u start having family responsibilities, your dedication to programming ll be reduced.
Thanks very much bro.

And i am not saying i am superior to anybody here. @i have left software development for you guys here, and faced web app development - so i will not say we are competing for who is superior or inferior.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2011
instinctg:

@kobojunkie, oops!
Maybe he put it d wrong way, but even as men, once u start having family responsibilities, your dedication to programming ll be reduced.

That is a silly copout there you are offering. There is ABSOLUTELY no evidence to the claim you made above, you do know that, right? Some of the most intelligent people we have on record, have families . . . .some have generations they tend to.

Stop trying to create silly excuses for all too well known CHAUVINISTIC attacks women deal with on a regular basis in the Nigerian society. What has someone's PRIVATE decision to start family or not to start family to do with a person's ability to program? What are you going to suggest next? That it makes sense for companies to fire female programmers once they get pregnant because, according to you, "once u start having family responsibilities, your dedication to programming ll be reduced".
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Bossman(m): 12:47am On Nov 27, 2011
Not necessarily. It really depends on the individual. I have not lost my dedication one bit. I am married with kid. And I am about as driven as ever to learn new things, write applications, etc.

instinctg:

@kobojunkie, oops!

Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by BukiBuki(f): 2:49am On Nov 27, 2011
mxxpunkxx:

okay, write d simple "hello world" program in your fav. language . . . lol grin grin grin grin grin

It's fine if you don't believe me. The only people that I really have to impress are my professors and my bosses. when I write code for my bosses, I don't pay one cent of  tuition for graduate school; when I write code for my professors, I get a degree in Computer Science. Why should I waste my time trying to prove that I know how to program to someone who is not employing me but only wants to insult me? A "hello world" program is something that any Joe off the street can google, copy, and paste on this forum. Think it through before insulting others (especially when no one was trying to offend you). Good luck in life, my friend.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by BukiBuki(f): 3:06am On Nov 27, 2011
*dhtml:

See this one, 3 posts, where ave u been when we was sweating to write codes? People have been weeping, trying to get some codes done - is only kobojunkie i see helping out - all the others hide inside the kitchen (writing codes inside pots and pans)

Where was I? I was in school. I was at work. I was with my friends living life. I understand that you're very proud of all your hard work here on Nairaland insulting people. That's sure to get you very far in this field. Call me when you move into your new office in Silicon Valley, yea? I just joined a few days ago and this would be much more fun place to trade ideas with people if not for some that feel better about their resumes when they push all their colleagues away with insults. What's the point of that when you can build partnerships with people that could be the next big bosses in our field? Will they now remember you and give you a job after you've finished insulting them?
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2011
I beg no insult me for here, i get my own site na - nairaland is just a playground for me. But i seriously dont insult people (or guys do I)?
I wonder why this this post has turned into a war zone?

Hey ladies, we need to calm the f** down, no one is fighting you. And @Buki (my gf's name sake), i do not even have any programming job, i just do this as a hobby.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by denzel2009: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2011
who is zucherberg?
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2011
^^^Her el stupido husband i presume tongue
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by Pelumiv(m): 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2011
*dhtml:

^^^Her el stupido husband i presume tongue
reading all ur post u are neva serious.
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by ultraGM: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
Good Job guys for challenging the Ladies.
I live in Kaduna and a myself find it difficult encounter a female Coder, Those seems to obtained NIIT or any like Cert program goes busy with there (Oracle) Cert looking for Jobs in Banks or any other, and not ABLE to show there Work. Then if paraventure they happen to be on NAIRALAND.COM the -#3- third most visited site in Nigeria, and did not participate in Solving Problems in programming Section then they , (fill in the Gap for me).

The target of this tread is to challenge the Female programmer if Exist, Why are they not Contributing to Discussion, even a worst Programming student like me have tried to Solve a simple problem in Female Prog. Lang. [QBASIC], not for bragging but for but as test my Brain.

As far as am concern in Nigeria Female Programmer are acres of Diamond, if you have one as GF Happy Coding life.

1+ I join the Counting only one femele (@widesmile) has prove herself in Web-Design, the rest Show us the axiom of been a programmer, not a form designer i mean.

For me to marry a lady, she must understand binary first, i don't mind Taking her 6 month course personally b4 the D day.

Apologies if my replies looks like attack, my head is full of thats why
Re: Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted by ultraGM: 12:23am On Dec 02, 2011
This one for General Reply:

@BukiBuki says

Why should I waste my time trying to prove that I know how to program to someone who is not employing me but only wants to insult me?

A good programmer is a bose of himself, he is hired to solve problem and not under someone that will use him as Donkey, while the Bose get the $$$

What are you going to suggest next? That it makes sense for companies to fire female programmers once they get pregnant because, according to you, "once u start having family responsibilities, your dedication to programming ll be reduced".

May be you need to read the below, Programing is one of the best occupation for full House Wife (esp: Mai-Kule, Ęĺęhàà whatsoever the Language is). the only interference is from Children But you can still have time to play with your Brain against the Keyboard
http://gmresources..com/2011/11/careers-for-people-who-like-working.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Xvideoservicethief? / Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.