Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election (7666 Views)

Jonathan May Contest 2019 Election / Okorocha May Contest Presidential Election In 2015 / Abacha’s Son Set To Join Pdp : May Contest 2011 Guber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Depointer1: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2011
Buhari May Contest 2015 Election

By Ifedayo Adebayo
November 11, 2011 06:48PM
print  email   

A faction of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), led by Senator Hanga has reiterated the possibility of its leader Muhammadu Buhari to raising its presidential flag again in 2015, but claims that there is an underground plot by the Tony Momoh led executive of the party to give the 2015 CPC presidential ticket to people who do not in any way share the philosophy of the party.

In the claims, which was contained in a statement issued by the group’s national publicity secretary, Dennis Aghanya, it claimed that “the act is considered a slight on the members of the party as our presidential election petition is still pending before the court. Moreover, Gen. Buhari is yet to take final decision on if he will or will not contest the 2015 election. Even where he decides not to, the CPC presidential ticket cannot be sold to the highest bidder but to someone who would be collectively chosen by the CPC members.”

The group however claims that majority of the CPC members are still clamouring for Mr Buhari to fly the party’s flag come 2015, “so how can one think of such callous act by thinking of selling our presidential ticket to people who do not have the interest of the party at heart. It’s an act of sabotage to jostle for that position and must be resisted at all cost. This is a repeat of the 2011 general election sabotage where credible candidates who emerged at the party’s primaries were substituted because money exchanged hands.”

Describing it as a heinous crime, the Hanga-led group claims that those involved the 2015 plot now meet at the party’s secretariat regularly, under the pretext that they are concerned with the welfare of the party and the purported leadership of the party are now feeding very fat on that.

According to Mr Dennis, “this is wickedness and must be stopped before more distractions are perpetuated against our party. CPC was not founded because of their personal pocket but to serve as a genuine political platform that can usher in the ideal leadership for the country.

“We also wish to remind all the parties concerned in this conspiracy that the tussle over who is the authentic national leadership of the party is still before the court. We are not unaware of their boasting that nothing will happen to the Tony Momoh leadership, but shall wait until we get to the bridge before we cross it. The leadership of the party under Senator Hanga cannot be intimidated by those who do not have the interest of the party at heart but rather ready to join hands with such people to rebuild the party if they indicate interest. No one should rely on his wealth to think that we can be swayed into mortgaging the party for his selfish desire.

“Political party is a mass movement and as such no individual or a few groups can hold it hostage in an attempt to suffocating it. The unfortunate development is that these conspirators have resorted to hanging around Gen. Buhari with the aim of working on his psychology to buy the idea of playing the role of an elder statesman rather than contesting the 2015 presidential election. This development is in contrast to the wishes of the CPC members because the general remains the symbol, ideology and the propelling force behind the popularity our party enjoy. Any attempt to swindle his political ambition is a direct attack on our political aspiration.” He said.

However, Mr Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the CPC, had at an event before the 2011 general elections broke down in tears in the middle of a speech to bring his campaign to an end, claiming that, “after it, I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president.”

Mr Buhari, in his speech which he delivered at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, said the campaign is the third and last one for him.

According to him then, “I am in this solely for the love of my country and the concern for its destiny and the fate of its people,” he said.

“And that is why, despite the many disappointments along the way, I am still in the struggle and will remain in it to the end. I have decided to dedicate the remainder of my life to fighting for the people of this country, until their rights are restored.”

The former head of state had, however after the loss of the election which declared President Goodluck Jonathan the winner, signified interest in the foremost office again, but close sources revealed that considering it is just few months into the tenure, it may be seen as too early to determine what the political parties may be coming up with.

However, the crises in the political party which was founded after Mr Buhari’s exit from All Nigeria Peoples’ Party has recently degenerated into series of exchanges and accusations on the true loyalty of members of the party. There were also accusations of external influence by the ruling Peoples’ Democratic party.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5747552-146/story.csp
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by PointB: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2011
He is welcome to try.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by PointB: 9:51am On Nov 14, 2011
. . . Yet again
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by jmaine: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2011
He can try again, no one would restrict him  grin . . .Maybe his intentions is to increase his unbridled election records to new heights undecided . . .A fourth time loss wont be too bad   cheesy . . .
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by PointB: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2011
At all. It won't be bad if he loses again at the poll and at the tribunal that will surely follow.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by jmaine: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2011
"Buhari" Season 4 coming soon to the cinema near you  grin
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 14, 2011
I hope soooo. . . . .makes 2015 a lot more dramitic than the usual.

Smelly Fisherman (SS) vs Dangerous  Aboki (N) Vs  Dull Hausa-boy-boy (SE).

It shall come to pazz.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2011
This terrorist is just being relevant because pdp is failing.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Beaf: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2011
Buhari, the everlasting presidential candidate. lol!
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Depointer1: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2011
Abraham Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown. He could have quit many times but- but he didn't quit, he became one of the greatest presidents in the history of US.

Beaf et all, you can read more on http://www.snopes.com/glurge/lincoln.asp

It is only in a country like Nigeria that the righteous doesn't succeed.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by jmaine: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2011
^

I knew someone would come up with this cheesy . . . but before Buhari eight election loss . . . I would have already contested against him and would have won as usual grin. . .
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Godmann(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2011
This is a big Lie.

I worked tirelessly for Buhari in the last election. I did support in all the past elections (2003, 2007,2011).

Bu I don't think it is right for him to contest again. If he do, I will not support him.

He should look for a younger guy with his kind of ideology and support him.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2011
Godman_n:

This is a big Lie.

I worked tirelessly for Buhari in the last election. I did support in all the past elections (2003, 2007,2011).

Bu I don't think it is right for him to contest again. If he do, I will not support him.

He should look for a younger guy with his kind of ideology and support him.

What kind of work did u do for him? working as PDP saboteur i guess - Sabotaging his effort at every opportunity?

If u truly  worked for his success, you wouldn't have made that comment!

@post
If truly he wants to contest 2015, then i will start making deposits again for his campaign - good thing may finally happen in Nigeria this time.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Areosapien(f): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2011
Old soldier never dies! grin
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by cjfavour(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2011
He is free to contest but my advice to him is to look for another persn he'll support. My vote will nt go to him this time around.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Depointer1: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2011
^^^ Can you interpret this delegatus non potest delegare

Meaning: A person to whom an authority or decision-making power has been delegated to from a higher source, cannot, in turn, delegate again to another (duhaime.org)
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
So after he killed 800 innocent people he still want to campaign. If in a civilise coutry dis man should in jail, What is ICC waitin to arrest this muderer. Let's see how he will caimpaign in states where there indigines where killed by this wicked mumu
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by blank(f): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
i THOUGHT HE SAID THIS WAS HIS LAST?
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
I would Vote for him again and again, grin
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by passionate88: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2011
Again?, HE WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN. He lost his state to the P.D.P and he want's to rule Nigeria. Buhari clap for yourself, well done.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Depointer1: 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
So after he killed 800 innocent people he still want to campaign. If in a civilise coutry dis man should in jail,  What is ICC waitin to arrest this muderer. Let's see how he will caimpaign in states where there indigines where killed by this wicked mumu

Do you have any proof for your thought? The reason Buhari wants to become the president is to improve your level of education. An educated person don't just make a statement without any proof or source.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Buhari
Boko Haram Leader, what do you want to see as proof
an educator criminal doesn't have proof grin grin grin
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by strangest(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2011
2015 is already occupied, he should wait for 2050,
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Demdem(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2011
kcswat:

So after he killed 800 innocent people he still want to campaign. If in a civilise coutry dis man should in jail,  What is ICC waitin to arrest this muderer. Let's see how he will caimpaign in states where there indigines where killed by this wicked mumu

Beaf's and that grammar guy vommit being spilled here again by a consumer. OPONU. Can't make use of his own brain to think.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will not advise him to contest but I will vote for him if he decides to do.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by moderatorr: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
this time, we will masacre them post-election almastipid rioters.
We are waiting - decepticon.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by moderatorr: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
Jarus:

I will not advise him to contest but I will vote for him if he decides to do.
you really think you will get a chance to vote for him?!
Watchit: In 2013 we will issue a law barring past military presidents from contesting! Lol.
That man will die frustrated.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by BBDelta(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
I LIKE THIS THREAD LIKE SOMETHING ELSE,

Comments Like

WATCHOUT FOR BUHARI SEASON FOUR (4), and EVERLASTING PRESIDENTIAL CONDIDATES, Only increases my andrenaline and excitment,

I Will support Him, If He comes back again, It is not really Him but the ideologies, if He succeed in passing these ideologies to a younger and more vibrant person, of course yes to that person because the ideologies, is what I bow for, not Buhari as an individual, so it is really insignificantn who comes back, but I believe Buhari has claims to Immortality, DEAD or ALIVE, If I see the person I will definitely know. Cheerssssssss,
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by LagosBoi2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will vote for him over and over again, It's his honesty to lead this country that is making him fail, he would have accepted several offers by PDP but his agenda is different. I will keep voting for him.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Areosapien(f): 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2011
passionate88:

Again?, HE WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN. He lost his state to the P.D.P and he want's to rule Nigeria. Buhari clap for yourself, well done.

Buhari lost in Katsina? There's a mistake somewhere.
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2011
Depointer1:

Abraham Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown. He could have quit many times but- but he didn't quit, he became one of the greatest presidents in the history of US.

Beaf et all, you can read more on http://www.snopes.com/glurge/lincoln.asp

It is only in a country like Nigeria that the righteous doesn't succeed.

Equating Buhari with Abe   Pick up a history book dude, better yet one detailing Buhari's crimes. Mtcheww! Buhari ko, Haribu ni  angry
Re: Buhari May Contest In 2015 Election by Raxxye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2011
I have always been a supporter of Buhari until after the last election(I actually campaigned for him), where I was utterly disappointed by his role in the mayhem that claimed hundreds of lives of innocent Nigerians, including members of the NYSC. I am certain he could have prevented it , or at least stopped it before it went too far.
Buhari has lost my respect and admiration. We have seen the best of him, he should forget it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals / Breaking! A Police Station In Aba Bombed / COVID-19:My Fellow Nairalanders, See What I Received From USA Govt.PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.