Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio (25048 Views)

Some Senators Want To Remove You Before June - Bamidele Tells Akpabio / Report On Akwa Ibom North-west Senatorial Ticket Final, INEC Tells Akpabio / God Discovered And Made Me Governor Not You, Emmanuel Tells Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Bobloco: 1:27am On Mar 14
Senator Abdul Ningi says the can of worms he opened in the Senate cannot be controlled.

The Senate slammed a 3-month suspension on Ningi, lawmaker representing Bauchi Central, over the allegations that N3.7 trillion was not traceable to any project in the 2024 budget.

The lawmaker made the claim in an interview he granted to BBC Hausa over the weekend.

Based on the wide interest generated by the issue, Ningi had addressed the media ahead of the next plenary sitting, saying although he was misrepresented in some quarters, he stood by what he said and was ready for any consequence.

Expectedly, when the upper legislative chamber sat on Tuesday, the issue was discussed as some of Ningi’s colleagues called for his suspension.

After Senator Olamilekan Adeola from Ogun West moved a motion for the issue to be discussed, the senate descended into chaos as Jarigbe Jarigbe, senator representing Cross River north, claimed that some “senior senators” got N500 million in the budget for constituency projects.

“Let us wash our dirty linen in public. If we want to go into those issues, all of us are culpable. Some senators here… so called ‘senior senators’… got N500 million each. I am a ranking senator, so I didn’t get. Did I go to the press?”

The discussion has dominated the media as many Nigerians have been asking their representatives at the senate to comment on the amount they got.

https://dailytrust.com/neither-you-nor-me-can-control-the-can-of-worms-ive-opened-ningi-tells-akpabios-senate/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by fadsam: 1:29am On Mar 14
Stage don set!!!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Ofunaofu: 1:29am On Mar 14
A can of worms have been opened

The truth of the matter is that the 2024 budget presented by Tinubu was truly padded with over N3 trillion and not tied to any project.

While the common man in the streets continues to bear the brunt of the calamitous economic policies being dish out on a daily by the Tinubu-led administration, Tinubu and those who work with him continue to swim in opulence, sharing and pocketing billions of Naira meant to uplift the living standard of the common man. 

It shall not be well with those who worked, supported, and voted for this catastrophic Tinubu regime.

197 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Jogs1900: 1:37am On Mar 14
In all these fights, Ningi should let us know how much was credited to his account the way Abaribe did..If he can't, he should stop the accusation.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Yankee101: 2:41am On Mar 14
If politics is dirty, the one in Naija is replete with thieves

36 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Lumarstone: 5:47am On Mar 14
The formation and inogration of Southern Senators Forum (SSF) is the only thing that will save the Senate president from impeachment. This mess is too much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by oka4ugoo: 6:05am On Mar 14
Sometimes I wished am into tech, engineering and co.

I for don construct a drone with ballistic missiles and from the comfort of my home send the drone enter places where they are well deserved and reset this country once and for all.

134 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by owiko(m): 6:05am On Mar 14
R
Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by atobs4real(m): 6:05am On Mar 14
Ningi the nigga, congratulations and keep it up with your wide mouth

4 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by atobs4real(m): 6:06am On Mar 14
Ningi the nigga, congratulations and keep it up with your wide mouth
Keep spilling gibberish
Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:06am On Mar 14
Nigerians are dice in the hands of these political hyenas

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Coolsat(m): 6:06am On Mar 14
Akpabio na very corrupt man.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by PheelzAlmighty: 6:06am On Mar 14
Ningi may not be perfect but he has dealt the Senate a huge blow, uncovering their FANTASTICALLY corrupt pattern.

Some ediots will definitely defend nonsense, while wallowing in pernury. Zombies

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by orikoku: 6:06am On Mar 14
Ogun go kill all of Una. Common man dey suffer Una dey share 500m each. It won't be well with Una. Ase

44 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Newton1045: 6:06am On Mar 14
Hd view
Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by havenz(m): 6:06am On Mar 14
Demonic corrupt FooLs.

2 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Putindbutt: 6:08am On Mar 14
Our ipob brother are now licking Ningi's butt, is God not wonderful?.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by ironheart(m): 6:08am On Mar 14
But Nigerians are too divided by religion or sentiment go act on the content of the can of worms

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by tuoyoojo(m): 6:08am On Mar 14
Nigerian politicians are Kings when it comes to "dying stories " . very soon events would overtake this sensational news and everyone would go back to their normal chores

The "off your mic" tactics have been used to wipe in line any senator when wan go open their bumbum

9 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Ezemann(m): 6:10am On Mar 14
Even with the high level corruption in this administration, no one will be brought to book. I weep for the next generation

5 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Pickmycall: 6:11am On Mar 14
I wonder why senate did not debate and investigate Ningi's claim before he was suspended.
Akpabio is a controversial and corrupt politician with tendency to steal at will
This man was under NDDC investigation for stealing Niger Delta funds before he was selected as a senator and appointed as senate President by Tinubu.
He collected bribes from ministerial nominees before screening them and thereafter sent peanuts as prayer to other senators mailboxes and pocket the rest.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Daniels008(m): 6:12am On Mar 14
Just imagine the masses commit suicide and their reps go home with millions attached to no project. This administration is cashing out big when the head is spoilt the body can't be salvaged.

15 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by epainos: 6:13am On Mar 14
I don't understand how people feel comfortable that their nation is not making progress. I find it hard to believe the majority in a nation are concerned about themselves only.

I laugh at religious people. If you put 99.9% of churchgoers, Muslim worshippers, and traditionalists in a public office position, they will all loot money. Yet, they carry religion, culture, and tradition on their heads. Lol. As in what the heck is that?

If you love your life, go and learn an evergreen skill so you can fend for yourself. "Nigeria go soon cast" because it is getting to the stage. Put all the numbers in the presidency, senators, house of rep, governors, state rep, public offices like NNPC, CBN, etc and all other government companies together....and you will see that over 10 million Nigerians steal steadily in this nation so that the 250 million remaining people are in serious poverty. Fend for yourself and do not depend on Nigeria. Learn a skill to earn income oooo. Nigeria is about to cast. Serious hunger loading soon.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Stevenson20: 6:14am On Mar 14
I love this man. He's very bold.
No gree for your fellow Senators grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Dadadididacontr: 6:14am On Mar 14
Ningi seem confused, as a senior senator you must talk with proof able facts and figures not with emotional politic syndrome.

Zonal intervention fund(constituency allowance fund) had always been given to all senators to care directly for the people of their constituencies directly.

There is more to Ningi's false claim and the middle Belt and southern senators may not see what is coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by edogu(m): 6:14am On Mar 14
Lumarstone:
The formation and inogration of Southern Senators Forum (SSF) is the only thing that will save the Senate president from impeachment. This mess is too much.
In a way, you are right. But that doesn't mean the South should condone evil.

2 Likes

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Pennywise2: 6:16am On Mar 14
Fowl yatch open
Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by Gadafii: 6:17am On Mar 14
Same akpabio that sent prayers to the mail box’s of senators few months ago, I no trust that criminal

Ningi may not be completely right or had used wrong choice of words but definitely there is no smoke without fire, there are iotas everywhere of truths in his claims, no be naija again?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by honour7: 6:17am On Mar 14
Jogs1900:
In all these fights, Ningi should let us know how much was credited to his account the way Abaribe did..If he can't, he should stop the accusation.

Money for constituency project is understandable that is for constituent to demand accountability from their senetors, but just writing 3 trillion naira in a budget without tying it to any project, now that should be a crime

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by joseph1832(m): 6:19am On Mar 14
Hmmm
Re: Neither You Nor Me Can Control The Can Of Worms I’ve Opened, Ningi Tells Akpabio by sukkot: 6:19am On Mar 14
hmm nengi be calming down. this is not big brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Don't Drink, I Don't Smoke, And I've Stopped Womanizing" - Atiku Abubakar / Malami: "EFCC Recovered $2tn From Looters In 12 Years" / Buhari And Mustapha Jakolo In Medina In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.