Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

13 Bible Verses For Vengeance Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 13 Bible Verses For Vengeance Prayers (90 Views)

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty / Diff. B/W Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance And Sins Against The Holy Spirit / Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Bible Verses For Vengeance Prayers by Sidehustlar(m): 10:43am On Mar 14
Introduction:

Vengeance is one of the trickiest topics in Christianity as most people equate it with retaliation. However, the Bible teaches about justice and the importance of seeking it. While the Bible urges us to forgive those who wrong us, there is a limit to this, and sometimes justice must be carried out. The process of seeking justice involves prayer and asking God to intervene in a situation in a way that He sees fit. In this post, we will be looking at 20 Bible verses for vengeance prayer and how to use them effectively.

1. Proverbs 20:22
"Do not say, 'I will repay evil'; wait for the Lord and He will deliver you."

This verse emphasizes that seeking revenge should be left to the Lord as he knows the best way to handle such situations.

2. Deuteronomy 32:35
"It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

This verse assures us that God will take care of those who wrong us and ensures that justice is served.

3. Romans 12:19
"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord."

This verse reiterates that we should not take matters into our own hands but leave revenge to God. Our focus should instead be on loving our enemies.

4. Psalm 94:1
"The Lord is a God who avenges. O God who avenges, shine forth."

This verse calls on God to deliver swift justice to those who have wronged us.

5. Nahum 1:2
"The Lord is a jealous and avenging God; the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The Lord takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies."

This verse highlights God's character as a just and avenging God who will take care of those who wrong us.

6. Psalm 79:10
"Why should the nations say, 'Where is their God?' Before our eyes, make known among the nations that you avenge the outpoured blood of your servants."

This verse illustrates how, as Christians, we should be unashamed to declare our faith in God to those who question the legitimacy of our beliefs.

7. Hebrews 10:30
"For we know Him who said, 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' and again, 'The Lord will judge His people.'"

This verse assures us that God sees every injustice done to us and promises that He will be the one to right those wrongs.

8. Psalm 94:3-4
"How long, Lord, will the wicked, how long will the wicked be jubilant? They pour out arrogant words; all the evildoers are full of boasting."

This verse urges us to cry out to the Lord for justice when we are plagued by those who boast about their wrongdoing.

9. Lamentations 3:59-61
"Lord, you have seen the wrong done to me. Uphold my cause! You have seen the depth of their vengeance, all their plots against me. Lord, you have heard their insults, all their plots against me."

This verse illustrates how we should be transparent with God and lay out our cases before Him, asking for justice to be served.

10. Isaiah 63:4
"For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and the year of my redemption has come."

This verse reiterates that God has vengeance in His heart for those who wrong His children, emphasizing the importance of seeking justice through prayer.

11. Psalm 140:12-13
"I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. Surely, the righteous will praise your name, and the upright will live in your presence."

This verse assures us that God will avenge the poor and needy, righting the wrongs done to them.

12. Revelation 6:10
"They called out in a loud voice, 'How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?'"

This verse highlights how those who have been martyred for the sake of Christ are eagerly awaiting God's revenge on their behalf.

13. Genesis 4:15
"But the Lord said to him, 'Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.' Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him."

This verse illustrates how God will take care of even those who have wronged us, as He did with Cain.

https://sidehustlar.com😋🖍️

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Did Not Die Until He Saw Christ / The Danger Of Religion / Why It Is Biblical To Have More Than One Wife” – Prophet Akata

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.