Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (30916 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by 1nice(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

God loves his people and never want his people to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Jesus Christ Loves you!!!

136 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by hisgrace090: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good observation!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by 1nice(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

I noticed that number (4) text is not having a Bible verse on it.
The number (4) Bible verse is PSALMS 34:10

(4) PSALMS 34:10
Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by kollinz1234(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2021
One thing I love about the Bible is that it creates an atmosphere of Hope and peace in your heart. Buhari should be reading it.

But what do I know

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by slawormiir: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Only this bibe verse is reasonable and really telling us how to overcome poverty

The rest bible verse are gibberish

If you master the huzzle you will conquer the struggle

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by lomprico(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2021
the only way to overcome poverty is to work hard!

for those quoting me, Working hard dose not necessarily mean 'Hard work'. before you attained working smart, you must have done the 'hard work' that enabled you to make things easy.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2021
How do they work?

You recite them every morning when you wake up?

6 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2021
TripleOh7:
How do they work?

You rescue recite then them every morning when you wake up?
That is just a single step to it.
Our Holy Bible tells us that..

Pray without WORK Is ............

TripleOh7:

I believe we can quote the Bible to support any position we wish to defend, yeah?

For example, there's a verse of the Bible that talks of God blessing his own even when they slumber.

There's also another one that says "I'll have mercy on whom I'll have mercy on" (paraphrasing of course), which means that you can work from now till forever, God will only have mercy on whom he'll have mercy on.

Then there's Jesus Christ who pulled out a gold coin from the mouth of a fish to pay tax.

And don't forget that he says we'll do more wonders than he did while on earth.
You have a good point here too.
And we do concur with where you are coming from.

Our post you quoted is encouraging people not to be lazy,,
And not the angle you are taking it from about how hardworking ALONE doesn't make someone rich.
That isn't what we mean.

Anyways, we understand your angle.
Do have a blessed Week ahead.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Ifiok21: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Bible verses don't overcome poverty.

If you like don't go and hustle

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by ezechi24(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2021
if you like make you no find work ...na hunger go kill you....even jesus was a carpenter.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2021
TripleOh7:
How do they work?

You rescue recite then them every morning when you wake up?
Better still......

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2021
ezechi24:
if you like make you no find work ...na hunger go kill you....even jesus was a carpenter.
Correct Guy!
END OF THREAD. wink

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Arosolo(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided

No truer words than this

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by translux(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2021
lomprico:
the only way to overcome poverty is to work hard!

NOPE.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by RealAdewole(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2021
Poverty die die

poverty die die

if you like go to 10 prayer mountain, read the bible 10 times a month, poverty will kee you, even the bible says whoever did not work should not eat.
and a little slumber, a little sleep and a little folding of arms then poverty will hit you hard.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by CalabarPikin: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2021
I need that verse that says Reply with Amen and you'll be a millionaire next week

..ah wan check something

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by kereman1: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2021
All I see in the Bible verses is to put faith and hope in Christ,
Hope is not a strategy.

Most religious people today are poor, they keep giving to the church with hope that they will reap from where they sow in giving.

My people, u can only reap from hardwork. D money u gave to the church na pastor chop am.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Mixedfruit: 8:46am On Oct 31, 2021
Many nigerians are poor not because they were stupid or lazy. They
worked all day long, doing complex physical tasks. They were poor
because the financial institution in the country did not help them
widen their economic base.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Skillsnigeria: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Austinoiz(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2021
These overzealous Christians of today who hide their laziness in the bible make us wonder if it's dictionary we've been reading as bible all along.
You are left wondering if those rich people who don't read the bible or are not Christians got their money from the devil.

You people should work and pray oh.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2021
You can't overcome poverty by quoting Bible verses without working towards it. That's why Africans are poor because of religion. Even God worked but an average Nigerian will like to be quoting scriptures waiting for manna to fall from heaven.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by jaszplus12(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You took the words right outta my mouth!
This is the reason people no longer love the truth. Most "pastors" search out this verses and make it look like that's what Christianity is about, then they lead men astray! The largest "churches" live by this principle... And they call it salvation! SMH

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by RadioMOUTH(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2021

Read Bible from now till you die

Pray from now till you die..

You will never escape poverty if you keep your hands crossed.

@OP, whoever told you this is just after the little you have... truth to be said... you're brainwashed

SAY NO TO RELIGIOUS SLAVERY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Phraences: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Thank you. This is what prosperity gospel has done to Christians. If it is by chanting Bible verses, every Christian in Nigeria would be rich.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Quiny32323: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2021
Okay
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Hezzyluv: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2021
If you don't WORK HARD and pray, then you keep quoting the 7verses above, your poverty shall wear jeanstring undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Quiny32323: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Even umu uwa and head spammers go read those verses by force, nobody cherishes poverty. Poverty die die.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Emmexguy123: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2021
In life is either you hustle smartly and make the money or you die in abject poverty.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Yungmil: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bribe My Angels, If You Want My Grace To Work For You- Pastor To Members (Video) / Pope Francis Intervenes In Ahiara Imo Church Ethnic Crisis (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.