Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan (45451 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan / Meet Oba Solomon Dele Owoniyi, The New Obaro Of Kabba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by adioolayi(m): 4:36am On Mar 15
Who is the next Olubadan of Ibadan after the demise of His Imperial Majesty, Oba Dr. Mohood Lekan Balogun, Alli Okunmade II?

Following the demise of His Imperial Majesty, Oba Dr. Mohood Lekan Balogun, Alli Okunmade II, who joined his ancestors late Thursday evening at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan as announced by the Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, the Balogun of Ibadanland and leader of the military line in the Olubadan system, will ascend to the position of Olubadan.

This latest development marks a significant shift in leadership within the Olubadan hierarchy as Oba Owolabi Olakulehin is set to become the 43rd Olubadan of Ibadanland.

You will recall that the late Oba Balogun’s son, Sunbo Owolabi, previously served as the commissioner for water resources under the administration of former governor Abiola Ajimobi.

The next in line to Olakulehin, Rashidi Ladoja, a former governor and senator who heads the civil line as Otun Olubadan of Ibadan, is also a key figure in the succession process.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oyoaffairs.net/meet-the-next-olubadan-of-ibadan-oba-owolabi-olakulehin/amp/

Oba Olakulehin to emerge new Olubadan

The Balogun of Ibadanland, Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, will be crowned as the next Olubadan of Ibadanland subject to the approval of the state governor, Seyi Makinde.

He will be crowned following the demise of the 42nd Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, on Thursday.

He is the next in line to the late Olubadan.

Confirming the death of the monarch, Makinde, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sulaimon Olanrewaju, said Oba Balogun died at the University College Hospital, Ibadan.

The late monarch, who was born on October 18, 1942, reigned for two years.

He will be buried according to Islamic rights on Friday at 4 pm.

The next in line, Olakulehin, who heads the Balogun line, according to The Nation, hails from Ita Baale in Ibadan North East Local Government.

He was a member of the House of Representative in the Third Republic

It is expected that palace drummers will move from Alli-Iwo to the Ita Baale Palace of Ọba Olakulehin, heralding his symbolic ascension to the throne.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/oba-olakulehin-to-emerge-new-olubadan/%3famp

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by adioolayi(m): 4:41am On Mar 15
I so much love this system...

No unnecessary drama..

Everyone on queue...

You know person Infront of you and the person behind you...

You die...the rows automatically shifts forward grin grin grin

Can you imagine till date, OYO has not installed the New Alaafia...they still have loads of issues to settle..

Not and Never in Ibadan...Olubadan passes on...the next one is already known.

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by 123yes(m): 4:56am On Mar 15
That is great arrangements. I wish Nigeria leadership will be fashioned in this way most of these problems in Nigeria will vanished away. The issue is my turn and born to rule syndromes that have drag this country down will be a thin of the past.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by dertty04(m): 6:03am On Mar 15
JUST IN ! -Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Passed Away @81

Oba Lekan Balogun, Alli Okunmade II, the Olubadan of Ibadanland, has passed away at 81.

Following his acceptance of the Staff of Office by Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde on March 11, 2022, Oba Balogun ruled over his ancestors for two years.

Sulaimon Olanrewaju, his chief press secretary, confirmed Oba Balogun’s passing on Thursday night at the University College Hospital in Ibadan, according to a statement released by Makinde on Thursday.

The governor compared the late monarch to a tall Iroko tree.

“With complete surrender to the will of God, I proclaim our father, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Balogun, Alli Okunmade II, the 42nd Olubadan of Ibadanland, coming to glory,” the writer said.

“Oba Balogun has joined the ancestors; a powerful Iroko has fallen to meet his ancestors “

“In Kabiyesi, Ibadanland was home to a worldly and accomplished Olubadan who left his mark on history and accomplished a great deal quickly.

I offer my condolences to the Olubadan-in-Council, the state Traditional Council, the Oba Balogun’s immediate family, and the people of Ibadanland on behalf of the government and the good people of the state. God grant our late monarch’s soul rest; that is my prayer.

He continued, “Oba Dr. Balogun’s passing signifies the end of an era for Ibadanland and leaves a profound void in its rich history and heritage.”

October 18, 1942, is the birthday of the late Olubadan.

Recall that the now passed away Olubadan took the throne left by his ancestors two years ago following the the passing of the late Oba Saliu Adetunji.

Source - https://femotech.com.ng/just-in-olubadan-lekan-balogun-passed-away-81/

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by OVB123: 6:52am On Mar 15
adioolayi:

No unnecessary drama..

Everyone on queue...

Can you imagine till date, OYO has not installed the New Alaafia...they still have loads of issues to settle..

I think that IBADAN and BENIN monachical system of chosing a king is the best and easiest.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by excanny: 10:28am On Mar 15
adioolayi:

No unnecessary drama..

Everyone on queue...

And no one trying to bypass and cheat.

For the first time, this is a high level of organization from Ibadan people.

I apologize for my previous opinions about them.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Titanium001: 10:56am On Mar 15
Congratulations!
May your reign be long and full of positive strides, your highness.
I just hope that you’re ready to collaborate fully with the players in the political and religious aspects in the quest for nation building.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by HBB1(m): 10:57am On Mar 15
excanny:

'For the first time?'

🤣

I guess you don't know the history of Ibadan.

What effontery!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by inoki247: 10:57am On Mar 15
Still organized than all this Soun, Alafin wey Mata dey go court....

12 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by bestman09(m): 10:57am On Mar 15
wink
Congratulations to him. I actually thought it is Rasheed Ladoja's turn to be the Olubadan. This system of ascension is the best. No padi padi. No governor or power will usurp the process as they want

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by StOla: 10:58am On Mar 15
adioolayi:

No unnecessary drama..

Everyone on queue...

Because it is a "Baale" system.

Olubadan is not a real royal stool.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by PhillipPHD(m): 10:59am On Mar 15
Ibadan is better than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by thesicilian: 11:00am On Mar 15
Ok

1 Like

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by yuzjet(m): 11:02am On Mar 15
smiley
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Christlike01: 11:02am On Mar 15
excanny:

What exactly do you mean by "for the first time" ? Are you Yoruba ? I can bet,you know nothing about Ibadan,its people and history.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by free2ryhme: 11:04am On Mar 15

7 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by free2ryhme: 11:05am On Mar 15

7 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by bestman09(m): 11:06am On Mar 15
StOla:

Stu.pid comment as usual.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by bigdammyj: 11:06am On Mar 15
No. 1 in line automatically.
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Deffi(m): 11:06am On Mar 15
To the incoming Oba:

K 'ade o pe lori,
Ki bata o pe lese.
K'irukere o pe laafin Oba!

Another tall Iroko tree has sadly fallen in the land. May God continue to be with the good people of Ibadanland, AND with all the good people of Nigeria. Fare thee well Oba Balogun. His reign was PEACEFUL!!!

7 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by aribisala0(m): 11:07am On Mar 15
StOla:

Not a Baale system
That is a totally wrong understanding

There is nothing like Baale system across Yorubaland. It varies from place to place.
The Ibadan system ensures very old monarchs which is not the case with Baales

Now what do You mean by REAL royal stool?
How do you define Realness??

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by FreeStuffsNG: 11:10am On Mar 15
adioolayi:

No unnecessary drama..

Everyone on queue...

4 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Meti99(m): 11:11am On Mar 15
Bd
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Idaytesj29(m): 11:12am On Mar 15
excanny:

We don't hold a grudge. We almost do not care about about those trash we see online. We know proponents of those do not know Ibadan, her people or even know better.

11 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by fawaz050(m): 11:13am On Mar 15
StOla:

tell us more
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by yemmight(m): 11:13am On Mar 15
They need to change the pattern of selecting the King honestly.
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:14am On Mar 15
Very organized

3 Likes

Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by nautybride: 11:14am On Mar 15
Congratulations
Re: Meet Oba Owolabi Olakulehin, The Next Olubadan Of Ibadan by Kingluqman(m): 11:19am On Mar 15
For the first time bawo? grin
HBB1:

'For the first time?'

🤣

I guess you don't know the history of Ibadan.

What effontery!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Lagos Callled 'las Gidi'? / Celebrating Ndi-igbo / Alaafin Of Oyo Arrives Abuja Airport In Limousine (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.