Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline (22683 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by ednut1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15
Men are angry women are doing what they have been doing lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15
Raylight2:
and your father and mother married o

Different generations undecided
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Afrobasic(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15
thesicilian:

Have you told your parents this

Have you told yours? undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by ruzell86: 5:13pm On Mar 15
wonder233:
Marriage is one of the biggest scams humans imposed on themselves. The simple reason is that humans, like other animals are wired to want sexual variety. But modern humans in a bid to organise society, came up with the notion of marriage. It takes a lot for people not to stray sexually, cos you're going against your base nature. What is within our powers to achieve as higher animals is responsibility in caring for offsprings... And for that, you don't need marriage.
But everyone is a hypocrite, especially in this clime.
If the bolded is all there is to achieve... you can as well begin to move about naked like animals, or also reject other institutions the organised society has successfully built, otherwise you're just another hypocrite. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Raylight2(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

Those ones with their bad character? No, thanks 👎
You dey make me laugh for road
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by merits(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

So I'm asking, what could be the problem with staying married these days?

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two
just marry your friend and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by femi4: 5:15pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two
Indiscipline immaturity and poor upbringing about the culture of marriage

A famil

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 7demons: 5:16pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.

That's my opinion
Trash!!! 🗑
Kids with no thinking faculty.
What's your definition of "life" if I may ask you??

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by TheWinterBird(f): 5:20pm On Mar 15
Na waa
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Zooposki(f): 5:21pm On Mar 15
Benekkk:
True. What you sow is what you reap. Fornication and Adultery mean nothing to them. What do you expect? Movies and the internet have redefined moral values. Self love !
There’s no God!
If it feels good, do it!
- How can you honor vows when you don’t know the meaning of the word “covenant?”

Actually research shows that atheist and agnostic marriages last the longest and are the most fulfilling, while Christian marriages end up in more divorces annd separation and are the least fulfilling.

The Bible is a misogynistic book and nothing good can come out of it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Emekayoung(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15
Seunpapa65:
It's crazy but marriage no be bean imagine waking up everyday to be seeing the same person for eternity u sef go tire
Exactly. There must always be issues and quarrel,even people dey quarrel with their parents and siblings talk more of a stranger you met and suddenly started sleeping with. It's not easy actually to be seeing one particular person everyday for the rest of your life,it takes courage,patience,tolerance and perseverance to make your marriage last long. Put love aside,you must learn to tolerate and overlook some certain things if you want to stay married. That's the fact,if you doubt me please proof your point in a matured way .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Dreamhighnow(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

You still dey ask? No be you create topic?

Don't you see how bad modern marriages/women are? I will rather be single for life and enjoy my wealth alone, than to carry one liability in the name of love.

It is true

It shall be so for you

Amen
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by pocohantas(f): 5:24pm On Mar 15
ednut1:
Men are angry women are doing what they have been doing lol

Suddenly they remember marriage is no more beneficial to them. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union.
Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.
Also, I think sex is best when it's done in a confined or limited setting. People who don't engage in premarital sex will have a more fulfilling sex life in marriage. Those who have no sexual discipline cannot experience sexual fulfiment in marriage because illicit pleasures birth an unsatisfied appetite.
That's my opinion
None of this applies as far as reality as even men and women who wait until marriage to have sex have been known to stray.
2. Sex is fully a physical activity fueled by your hormones and other chemicals in your bother. You remove those hormones and you find you can live as one born a Eunuch or without sex organs. There is absolutely nothing spiritual or magical about your sex lives. grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:30pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Am 10 plus years already... Coming back to this world I won't marry ... Am just managing cus of the children ... Nothing else ... I don't see much a man gains from marriage ... Things normally man can't try with me out there madam go do am still dey stand say she right ... I already told her I will soon run away ... She though am joking ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by ekwerendi(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15
Una dey portray bad marriages everywhere to scare people,I must say good marriages exist, I am a beneficiary..

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:34pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up
It's not easy ooo... Marriage is not easy ...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:35pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin
Lolzzzzzz .. Nigeria just wan scatter
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:36pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:

You still dey ask? No be you create topic?

Don't you see how bad modern marriages/women are? I will rather be single for life and enjoy my wealth alone, than to carry one liability in the name of love.
Bros ... Abeg if you are stable financially abeg dey enjoy you life go ... If one woman gets belle for you make she do DNA sure say na you get am... No live with am ooo... Woman wahala plenty ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15
advanceDNA:

Lol grin grin grin ....u can't cook stew with sand, stones & water and get fine egusi with stock fish at the end... The problem is garbage in garbage out ...

D people getting married now are d highly corrupt, crazy, generation, i.e millennials & GenZ.....the two generation that the internet & media hijacked their parenting from their real parent.....

Una never see anything....just wait for the offsprings of GenZ to take over the marriage institution..... grin grin grin
sure. Future disaster and discretion of marriage is inevitable
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:38pm On Mar 15
wonder233:
Marriage is one of the biggest scams humans imposed on themselves. The simple reason is that humans, like other animals are wired to want sexual variety. But modern humans in a bid to organise society, came up with the notion of marriage. It takes a lot for people not to stray sexually, cos you're going against your base nature. What is within our powers to achieve as higher animals is responsibility in caring for offsprings... And for that, you don't need marriage.
Go date oyinbo dey do any how na... He or she go bomb you danu

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:39pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

I come from a broken home, nothing inspiring about it. So I look to others for inspiration
Hmmm....
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Calylove: 5:41pm On Mar 15
IIts like that before too but technology worsened it.
Just live your life and dont kill yourself over what anyone does or does not do.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by letonB(f): 5:42pm On Mar 15
wonder233:

Must you lie over a delicate matter as this? Humans did not impose marriage on themselves. Marriage was designed by God almighty to create a pathway for proper consummation of sex and procreation. When the tenets of marriage are hallowed, you find a well organized family. Those who chose to disregard God's perspective to marriage find themselves in the confusion you see around (which did not start with what you term "modern humans"wink. Those who claim not to have been created by God but that they came into existence through one "big bang theory" or evolution cock and bull story can never subject themselves to serve and obey the Owner of the universe - the One who was there when we all were not, the One will be here when we all are dead and gone. You could also reconsider your stance and believe in Him to escape the damnation of not doing so. Again, marriage is of God.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 5:44pm On Mar 15
Emekayoung:

Exactly. There must always be issues and quarrel,even people dey quarrel with their parents and siblings talk more of a stranger you met and suddenly started sleeping with. It's not easy actually to be seeing one particular person everyday for the rest of your life,it takes courage,patience,tolerance and perseverance to make your marriage last long. Put love aside,you must learn to tolerate and overlook some certain things if you want to stay married. That's the fact,if you doubt me please proof your point in a matured way .
Marriage is tolerance... If one can't tolerate mehn... It's over ...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by AngelicBeing: 5:44pm On Mar 15
TimiRume:
For me o, I think one of the reasons is having sex outside of the context of marriage. Once you start having sex before marriage, it relaxes your mental stamina for a longterm union. Sex is a spiritual, mental and physical exercise. Every time you have sex you leave little droplets of yourself here and there. Marriage because of its longevity requires your full mental strength and presence.

That's my opinion
Well said cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Ubdavis(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15
So ur naivety didn't allow u to also draw examples from numerous successful marriages.

If u no want marry,that is ur business.

Make person hear word!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Ubdavis(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15
So ur naivety didn't allow u to also draw examples from numerous successful marriages.

If u no want marry,that is ur business.

Make person hear word
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by starpower(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up
Have low expectations and avoid habits that attract low quality people, marry genuine friends by looking beyond looks, look at backgrounds ( how there family treat themselves and others, avoid people who don't have good inner compass). You needed to be yourself too. Good people are more than bad people.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Mar 15
letonB:
Must you lie over a delicate matter as this? Humans did not impose marriage on themselves. Marriage was designed by God almighty to create a pathway for proper consummation of sex and procreation. When the tenets of marriage are hallowed, you find a well organized family. Those who chose to disregard God's perspective to marriage find themselves in the confusion you see around (which did not start with what you term "modern humans"wink. Those who claim not to have been created by God but that they came into existence through one "big bang theory" or evolution cock and bull story can never subject themselves to serve and obey the Owner of the universe - the One who was there when we all were not, the One will be here when we all are dead and gone. You could also reconsider your stance and believe in Him to escape the damnation of not doing so. Again, marriage is of God
Stop lying about these things. The one God who is said to have created marriage in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 16 is the same God who cursed married Genesis 3 vs 16. He washed His hands of the marriage affairs of men and went on to declare that marriages are of the world of men and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Leave Him out of this abeg and discuss your marriage problems with your fellow men as you should! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15
When the Holy Books say No To fornication, it get why..

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by CaptainFM1: 5:49pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided

Hey yah....
Wetin that lady did to you is really bad.

But don't lose hope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / 7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day / Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.