Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline (22689 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:54pm On Mar 15
HenryTimes:

The secret is simple; just pretend that your partner is not cheating as far as you no see with your eyes.
Can that be possible? Especially when there are traits and suspicious movements. It's a real deal o
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:54pm On Mar 15
merits:
just marry your friend and thank me later.
I wish it was that true or simple

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by saintmm(m): 8:54pm On Mar 15
[quote author=lordnkem000 post=128945371][/quote]
The answer is simple and straight forward only for those who can accept it.
Anyone sincerely looking for how to get it right in marriage needs to consult the originator of marriage i.e God and through his manual i.e the Holy Bible.
Then accept the principles outlined there for marriage.
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15
femi4:
Indiscipline immaturity and poor upbringing about the culture of marriage

A famil
True
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by frozen70(f): 8:56pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:
I have been observing my married friends, colleagues & even neighbors around and I noticed deep down their marriages were all lacking discipline, they cheat on each other, lie, they pretend and most of them are so miserable.

Funny thing is two of my friends are not even up to 3yrs in marriage and they are so tired. Yesterday I met an old classmate of mine and he told me the girl I saw him with wasn't his wife, just for knacks, that he's been married for 1yr and 9months but he's tired of his marriage. It made me scared because here i am thinking of finding a wife and people in it are wanting out.

So I'm asking, what could be the problem with staying married these days?

People who have been married for 10+ years what is your secret? I'm curious to learn a thing or two

People rush into marriage with out being prepared for the challenges that comes with marriage
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:56pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Am 10 plus years already... Coming back to this world I won't marry ... Am just managing cus of the children ... Nothing else ... I don't see much a man gains from marriage ... Things normally man can't try with me out there madam go do am still dey stand say she right ... I already told her I will soon run away ... She though am joking ...
This is so scary, my God I don't even know what to tell you. It's exactly your experiences that brought about this thread, my friends aren't even up to 3ys and they are wanting out like you. What's your advice sir if you could change things

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by gammarays(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15
RickyJesus:

Religion has nothing to do with it, are good Christian family home not also failing?
Having a Christian identity and being a Christian are two different stuffs

Anyone can identify as a Christian but not all are Christians

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:57pm On Mar 15
starpower:

Have low expectations and avoid habits that attract low quality people, marry genuine friends by looking beyond looks, look at backgrounds ( how there family treat themselves and others, avoid people who don't have good inner compass). You needed to be yourself too. Good people are more than bad people.
Thanks a lot for this comment, one of the best advise today

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15
lexy2014:

why should any one reassure you about marriage?

if you can't reassure yourself, how will anybody's reassurance make any difference?

how are you seeing the world thru Tiktok, youtube and co. how then do you not expect to be confused?
Even in US UK and Canada etc people seek counseling on this issues and no shame in it. People need to know what they are getting into alright, its not childs play. I believe you got advice to share, pls do
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 9:00pm On Mar 15
Anunakeeh:

grin grin grin

Thank you Jere.

Lol na why i advise him to opt for Surrogacy.

A lot of men still have a lot to learn when it comes to the Female Gender.

A lot of men don't know what the Female Gender are. Believe me.

The only time and moment you will enjoy the best and pure feelings from them is when they are very young and innocent.

But once they are grown up and their eyes opened by the other gender and they get messed up.

The rest they say is History.

This your submission is very correct o. grin
There is why it is good to marry a virgin and be rich. With those two weapons, you are good.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:01pm On Mar 15
Fryx:

Not married though. But, I think if a man insists that “this is exactly what I want in marriage” and is not ruled by emotion and handle his family like a man should.

Then, the woman should be scared to cheat.

If the man has always commandeered respect from the woman before marriage. It should stand even after marriage.

However, it also takes a lot of discipline from the man. Women are opportunistic and will take as many chance as you give them to both disrespect you and turn you to Mumu.

Also, don’t ever encourage the thought that a man and woman are equal in marriage. If I cheat and you decided to do the same as a woman, your life will be more than miserable.

However, I will discipline myself not to because I know how women take trust seriously. Once you betray them, it will be hard for them to forgive you.
Meaning the marriage sanity lies in the hands of the woman? Betrayal has no gender
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15
mrnweke103:
continue thinking until you get to 50 yre, everyone with they own problem, people's problems shouldn't scare you
Marriage isn't people's problem, it's everyone's problem and we all need an advisor sometimes
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lexy2014: 9:03pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Even in US UK and Canada etc people seek counseling on this issues and no shame in it. People need to know what they are getting into alright, its not childs play. I believe you got advice to share, pls do

that is not what I asked you.

why should any one reassure you about marriage?

if you can't reassure yourself, how will anybody's reassurance make any difference?

when you are seeing the world thru Tiktok, youtube and co. how then do you not expect to be confused?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Mar 15
saintmm:

Anyone sincerely looking for how to get it right in marriage needs to consult the originator of marriage i.e God and through his manual i.e the Holy Bible.
Then accept the principles outlined there for marriage
Stop lying to people in your blindness! God washed His hands off marriage and declared that it is not of His Kingdom but of the world of men. How can the same God be the one who outfits you in your marriage when in the same circle you belong marriages experience pretty much the same troubles and breaks as the marriages of those who don't subscribe to your particular delusion? Is God a liar or something to you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15
frozen70:

People rush into marriage with out being prepared for the challenges that comes with marriage

Exactly my dear, like someone mentioned down there, it's good for people like myself to know what we're getting ourselves into, that's why we seek help from elders here. Because I am shocked at the rate at how married couples are miserable these days
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fryx: 9:07pm On Mar 15

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15
saintmm:

Then accept the principles outlined there for marriage.
Are you sure? Because even our pastors and reverends suffer this same issues, are you saying they don't seek God's face or what? Pls we need physical intercession
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by frozen70(f): 9:10pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Exactly my dear, like someone mentioned down there, it's good for people like myself to know what we're getting ourselves into, that's why we seek help from elders here. Because I am shocked at the rate at how married couples are miserable these days

Yes,
But people will still marry and still survive the challenges of marriage

Men cheats and to them is just for fun and they see it as a game

When a woman cheats, she cheats because her emotions are being troubled by probably her man and so may be ♥ broken and wants to be with another man to fill the gap for her

But whatever the reason for cheating is best known to those that cheats
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 9:10pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

This is so scary, my God I don't even know what to tell you. It's exactly your experiences that brought about this thread, my friends aren't even up to 3ys and they are wanting out like you. What's your advice sir if you could change things
Though let me say I don't double date from time ... If you are my gf you are my gf ... So definitely if you get pregnant I will take you in... I don't do chop clean mouth thing ... But when we breakup I don't look back i move on straight ... This one get belle we do the normal right then we moved on ... right now from what experienced from my own parent ehn... Marriage no really pay men ooo... Cus at the end the woman gets more love from the children at old age ... Wife might even leave you go stay with pikin after you raised everyone in the family with all you got... Men sacrifices too much in marriage... Now these new generation is even worst ... If I was still single damn I won't even think marriage at all cus things I see online and offline girls are doing with their lives ... If you carry them for house just keep your money ooo ... Else one will cry tire ... Them go just turn one to woman beater
.. Wetin my mama do my papa my wife don dey do am for me ... Many of this women don't appreciate men ... And again are very very selfish... Young chap needs open eye well well asin well well before settling with a woman ooo.... Getting the right person is hard... Inshort if you can't tolerate nonsense don't enter marriage .. all these pray over it ... Prayer good ooo... But patience is the key in marriage Sha...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 9:11pm On Mar 15
3kay945:

Na smartphones, Internet came before smartphones, and there was social media too.
Smartphones open ways for all kinds of dirty stuff to be propagated
Okay
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15
oyigocho:

The institution of marriage is not the problem but the individuals going into it. Where most couples gets it wrong is in the days the foundation of the union is been laid that is when they are dating. Most intending couples do not see the need to be faithful to their relationship. They cheat, lie, and are not so committed to the relationship and expect if the relationship ends in marriage that a miracle should ensued. As you lay your bed, that is how you will lay on it.

We are living in an age where anything goes but be smart enough not to be caught. We kind of neglect God's directive for a blissful marrital union but still expect that we should have a blissful marriage. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Guy, in as much as many marriages are hitting the rock, lay your marrital relationship on a right foundation and you will be happy in marriage. I will not fail to say that you reap what you sow. Marriage is garbage in garbage out. Find the right partner and work on your relationship and you will have no regret going into marriage.

You are right
Thanks a lot
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Angy55(f): 9:14pm On Mar 15
Afrobasic:
I've said this before and I will say it again.

Na MUMU dey marry.

undecided

I guess you were born out of wedlock
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15
zagorakis:
Most women have turned feminists, they all now want to lead men, however me and you know that feminism is a pseudonym for mental illness.

I concur, feminism is one of the major reasons why many marriages are collapsing.
They will refuse to be submissive or respect the man as the head of the marriage Institution, especially if the man cannot fulfill their nonsense financial obligations then a hole is being punctured in the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Though let me say I don't double date from time ... If you are my gf you are my gf ... So definitely if you get pregnant I will take you in... I don't do chop clean mouth thing ... But when we breakup I don't look back i move on straight ... This one get belle we do the normal right then we moved on ... right now from what experienced from my own parent ehn... Marriage no really pay men ooo... Cus at the end the woman gets more love from the children at old age ... Wife might even leave you go stay with pikin after you raised everyone in the family with all you got... Men sacrifices too much in marriage... Now these new generation is even worst ... If I was still single damn I won't even think marriage at all cus things I see online and offline girls are doing with their lives ... If you carry them for house just keep your money ooo ... Else one will cry tire ... Them go just turn one to woman beater
.. Wetin my mama do my papa my wife don dey do am for me ... Many of this women don't appreciate men ... And again are very very selfish... Young chap needs open eye well well asin well well before settling with a woman ooo.... Getting the right person is hard... Inshort if you can't tolerate nonsense don't enter marriage .. all these pray over it ... Prayer good ooo... But patience is the key in marriage Sha...
I really appreciate you for breaking it down, I love your wisdom. I hope you find happiness because I feel the hurt in your words. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15
frozen70:

Yes,
But people will still marry and still survive the challenges of marriage

Men cheats and to them is just for fun and they see it as a game

When a woman cheats, she cheats because her emotions are being troubled by probably her man and so may be ♥ broken and wants to be with another man to fill the gap for her

But whatever the reason for cheating is best known to those that cheats
I agree
Men cheat for fun and ego, that's why a woman shouldn't be bothered about her man cheating because it means nothing, though i don't advice cheating, but you see women cheating in marriage, wahala dey because you have said it all yourself. I just wish cheating wasn't part of marriage issues.
Thanks a lot for your input
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:23pm On Mar 15
Fryx:

Why worry about a woman betraying you when you are a man. A man that builds himself to be valuable keeps quiet and observe. If she starts misbehaving, you figure out she is no longer with you, discharge her and pick another.

A man is a king fa. You have pride, and build your house with pride. If she is foolish enough to misbehave, then you discharge her.

Provided you don’t play emotions with them.

What are you even saying? Women are weak. You take charge and tell them what to do. No matter how mad she is, she will bow to you. So, how is the sanity in her hand when you are the one calling the shot?
I wish it was as easy as you make it. Do you know if we have that freedom to discharge everyone for misbehaving then we will definitely end up with no one at all? Caution must be triggered, tolerance too. But I still get your point. A man is supposed to be in control, only its not always like that in marriage as I see it
Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 9:24pm On Mar 15
Despite the nonsense girls everywhere, I personally still know some few young girls/ladies with proper home training and education.
Very good quality/character for marriage but they might not have the massive packages many young lad looks out for o. grin

So, bottom line, look well there are still many promising ladies out there. cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fearurcreeator: 9:31pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

I really appreciate you for breaking it down, I love your wisdom. I hope you find happiness because I feel the hurt in your words. Thanks
Bros if you hear that statement make woman no get money pass her husband... Bros that thing na original see finish ... Inshort I see it this way , if a woman can take care of her bills ... Bros the husband don enter am low key... From what I have come to understand women can't really handle power ... They will show you ...

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by lordnkem000(m): 9:35pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Bros if you hear that statement make woman no get money pass her husband... Bros that thing na original see finish ... Inshort I see it this way , if a woman can take care of her bills ... Bros the husband don enter am low key... From what I have come to understand women can't really handle power ... They will show you ...
Even in recent times we've seen it that women can't handle power. What do we do about it na? Is it wrong to support an ambitious woman if we love them? Abeg o

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Fryx: 9:40pm On Mar 15

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by 3kay945(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15
Fearurcreeator:

Fact!
Their shoulders will be high, and they will want to be worship like small gods. grin

You as a man will now be wondering,.. is this not same girl that was respectful and submissive before. cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline by Dandy1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 15
lordnkem000:

Are you sure there are a lot? Because we don't hear their own stories, atleast to reassure people like myself who still find marriage attractive. TikTok, YouTube and co has reduced marriage to shambles. I don't believe it is because we breed weak men these days. We need couples with blissful marriages to speak up

Nothing like weak men bro. Even if you loyal and dey responsible pass the pope, that funny gender go still do you dirty and turn around to blame you as the cause. They are unstable beings. Working marriages you see are surviving on sacrifices and compromises just to make things work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Tips For Overcoming Shyness On World Introvert Day / Funny Questions Younger Children Ask: Share Yours. / Lockdown: What's Your Daily Routine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.