Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee (9133 Views)

Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts / Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by bluefilm: 8:24pm On Mar 16
kenny714433:
Even FG wants to cash out from crypto. After they would loot the money themselves.

I dey tell you
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Truthshotcrazy: 8:25pm On Mar 16
undecided
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by PureFace1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16
ppogba:

You are wiser than everyone at CBN.

Congratulations

With the growing rate of crypto currency recently and all over the world if no one in CBN or Nigeria feel the need to create a body or department full of experts in crypto currency dedicated to regulate and monitor crypto currency activities, yeah maybe i'm wiser than everyone at CBN, the quickness to
make decisions like that distinguish countries that are leaders in the world today.
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Kingsley123456(m): 8:35pm On Mar 16
Una no understand the concept abi
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by YourKarma: 8:36pm On Mar 16
Blitzking:
Are these guys clueless first u arrest crypto exchange staff now u want to increase fees on something u banned.

Dem no get sense nah, you no know. Foolish people in power. Banned Bitcoin exchanges and still want to impose fees on something dey banned, no be ment?

Since they've forced guys to move their exchange businesses to Whatsapp and telegram, Let me see if they'll find them on Whatsapp and force them to register with 150M.

Vagabonds in power

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by wman(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16
Yet, they want to ban them too.

Hmmn.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by c3cc(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16
Is this not the same crypto that is meaningless and destroying the naira and the economy that the SEC is trying to place a higher registration? After they pay that money and begin to hit the ground , you will all start to shout ban it ban it. If it's affecting the naira and economy please ban it and don't place any high fees on it, then if it is not, just allow it to be traded upon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by EmmyOD(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16
exynos:
CBN please pay up 2023 Federal Scholarship Board National Award/ Education Bursary awardees their money.

It's been 6 months since the award was received.
:
This government is something else

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by LORDKing001: 8:46pm On Mar 16
TGreatGatsby:
Can cryptocurrency be regulated by a government
Yes
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Groovedaddy: 8:48pm On Mar 16
No need for govt officials to hide stolen dollars in soak away pits, Dubai and other obscure destinations

All the budgets are going straight into crypto. More pressure on the Naira, more devaluation more inflation

From US to China to advanced countries of the world Crypto is being criminalized. Now it has found home in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Raylight2(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16
Something they refused to legalise, they are calculating how much they would be collecting from them
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by ogaontop(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16
A
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by tianshie(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16
Idiots.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by millionboi2: 9:20pm On Mar 16
Blitzking:
Are these guys clueless first u arrest crypto exchange staff now u want to increase fees on something u banned.
this is a wise decision from the government,I commend them on this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by millionboi2: 9:25pm On Mar 16
Smithwilliams826:
Dem just dey fine money. Why the increase self? But which exchange don dey register. How person one know? I thought they said it was these crypto exchanges that was making naira to swell
this is what thy supposed to do not baning.
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by millionboi2: 9:30pm On Mar 16
c3cc:
Is this not the same crypto that is meaningless and destroying the naira and the economy that the SEC is trying to place a higher registration? After they pay that money and begin to hit the ground , you will all start to shout ban it ban it. If it's affecting the naira and economy please ban it and don't place any high fees on it, then if it is not, just allow it to be traded upon
regulate and datz exactly what thy have done,thy is no need baning it.
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by exynos(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16
EmmyOD:

:
This government is something else

Honestly
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by kevoh(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16
As usual FG agencies hardly working together! SEC says something about crypto today, CBN will come out tomorrow with another rule that contravenes SEC!
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by darediamond(m): 11:55pm On Mar 16
sdavirus:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]They are overassuming their importance. If big exchanges wanna setup, no one in his/her right mind will use naija as her HQ.

Worse the government can do is block IP addresses, and citizens will simply use VPNs.

Nigeria, a country that's always fighting what it doesn't understand.

All these are simply a means to steal more.

Binance has been "shut down" for 2 weeks, why isn't a dollar equivalent to N500 yet?

Tis no longer the problem?

What do you export ? Consuming is all they know.

Dullards.

You can call them Dullards? No they are worseore than that. They are instead OLORIBURUKU PEOPLE.

Tinubu like MACRON and ZELENSKY are one of the MOST DAFT MEN OF THESE WORLD!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by HeatSeeker(m): 12:06am On Mar 17
This same people have no rules to regulate forex brokers and the spot trading of cfds and the likes in Nigeria undecided.
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Sctests: 6:12am On Mar 17
What do you clueless bastards really want. Is crypto banned or not?

Why raise the fees of something you banned? To what end exactly?
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by jhubril(m): 9:18am On Mar 17
Whereas in the UAE, it costs $8k-$13. When I tell you that this country is done for una no go gree. I have kept my sanity in the last couple of years, silently built my AI company in America and as CEO wey I be I am planning to gtf out of this hellhole.
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Walezy2020: 11:30am On Mar 17
kevoh:
As usual FG agencies hardly working together! SEC says something about crypto today, CBN will come out tomorrow with another rule that contravenes SEC!
yeye pipo
Re: Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee by Walezy2020: 11:34am On Mar 17
What you don't believe can't work for someone,same crypto FG bans they are now expecting something from it no now it doesn't work that way by then if they wanna tax @ all this is fucking too much I wonder who is advising these clueless Naija leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internation Virtacoin Exchangers To Be Listed / Emefiele To Meet Bank CEOs Over Sacking, Forex Policy / List Of Top Entrepreneur And Business Blogs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.