Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank (164 Views)

Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. / Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by cyber6(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17
I won't bore you guys with unnecessary details, let me go straight to the point.
So, I arrived in my hometown on the 1st of March, and I decided to hang out with a friend that same day; at some point, I noticed that the cash I had with me might not be enough to settle our bills, so I decided to transfer some money from my Stanbic IBTC account to my GTB account (I have an ATM card for just the GTB account) for payments with POS. I made a transfer attempt twice and got a debit alert from Stanbic IBTC twice, but my GTB was credited just once. So since there is no Stanbic in my hometown, I had to wait till I got to the city to complain. Getting to the bank, the officer asked me to fill out a form, which I did, he promised that my money would be refunded within three working days. So I was so surprised when I got a message from the same bank telling me to apply for a second-level review, report to CBN, or even contact an alternative dispute resolution avenue. House, please kindly advise on how to retrieve my money back.

Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by Sirmwill: 3:25pm On Mar 17
It will still be solved

Just chill
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by cyber6(m): 3:32pm On Mar 17
The message I attached up there is so heartbroken because it left me with more questions than answers;
1. Firstly, they claimed that my problem had been resolved. How could they claim to have resolved my problem when my money hasn't been returned to me?
2. Why didn't they mention the reason they can't refund my money back
3. I thought, they were supposed to be apologetic for keeping my money for this period without my consent but instead they are urging me to go to court.

Well, I just know that head or tail, I'd definitely close my account with this godforsaken bank.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by cyber6(m): 3:35pm On Mar 17
Sirmwill:
It will still be solved

Just chill

Lol. It's been a week since I reported this case. What if that is the only money left in my account? Their services is very terrible indeed!
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by olumided: 4:12pm On Mar 17
And this is the same Bank I'm planning to open a corporate account with.

But try to tweet them again and see their reply.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by Balablue64: 4:23pm On Mar 17
Just enter one of their branches and seize one small laptop and don't release it until they refund you your money.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by cyber6(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17
olumided:
And this is the same Bank I'm planning to open a corporate account with.

But try to tweet them again and see their reply.

frankly, don't do it. GTB will resolve these kinds of issues without even filling out any form. Stanbic is very close to UBA in terms of poor services .
Re: My Terrible Experience At Stanbic IBTC Bank by cyber6(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17
Balablue64:
Just enter one of their branches and seize one small laptop and don't release it until they refund you your money.
grin grin grin grin grin grin You no serious at all

(1) (Reply)

14 Rules About Money / Na Us: We Mount. / Nigeria Announces Discovery Of New Oil Reserves, 2.547trn Cubic Feet Of Gas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.