Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria (30490 Views)

FG Records N524.25bn Financial Shortage In One Month / Khadija Ibrahim Resigns As Foreign Affairs Minister For State / Cloning: Nigerians Angry As Foreign Media Mock President Buhari. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by ConfidentialDoc: 9:59am On Mar 18
GreaterFuture:
It's that heavy?
We make up such a sizeable percentage?

Your regular UK white boy doesn't want to go to college. They all want to be the next Wayne Rooney or Daniel Craig....you don't need school for that.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Chibuezem(m): 10:05am On Mar 18
StOla:
Let them continue with their policies so that Africans and Nigerians especially can stop siphoning money from their own country that has a poorly funded education system.
When Nigerian government start to divide the national cake amongst its citizen equitably the dream to escape this shit hole of a country will cease.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 10:19am On Mar 18
004gist:

Three things at play

The dependancy issue.
Exchange rate issue
Job issue

No more available jobs in d UK?
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Afamed: 10:21am On Mar 18
The only thing that took me to UK , US and few other countries was strictly on invitation.

If you know what you are doing, with that N20m , you want to spend on Japa you can invest that in agricultural products here in Nigeria, within 4/ 6 yrs , you are already a chief executive instead of spending N20m on Japa that will end in menial jobs over there

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Mindlog: 10:21am On Mar 18
blowjohn:

See the kind department and courses people go land for inside!!!!

No be madness to use 30 million naira go study nonsense??

For majority, it is not about the course of study as migration is the focus.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 10:22am On Mar 18
This is not good for the UK..
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by soccerlite: 10:24am On Mar 18
chiefolododo:
With all due respect, the universities in the UK are only interested in your money. They do business with education

As glaring as it is

Only few that traveled realise

That's how they voted LP to remove apc

The lucky ones will see luck
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by soccerlite: 10:25am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

But the pathway isn't so glaring

Not like Canada or USA or Australia
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by mmsen: 10:37am On Mar 18
faceland:
They hate us but love our money.

They would accept uneducated Arabs that don't even speak English, pay for their housing but persecute the negros that paid for school.

How dare you take millions from an African and tell them not to bring their nuclear family? But if he was Asian or East European, they would welcome them, tell them no need for a job, we would feed and accommodate you.

They don't welcome any of those groups that you mentioned. They voted for Brexit because their bigotry doesn't even allow them to see Eastern Europeans as humans deserving of sharing the same horrible island as them.

They do not like Arabs or Asians either. You have received some very bad information.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Mindlog: 10:40am On Mar 18
soccerlite:

But the pathway isn't so glaring

Not like Canada or USA or Australia

Dem wan enter UK, any course was okay for them but majority realized they wasted funds upon arrival in the UK.

Why do a Masters in International Business Management when you could have spent the same amount to get a Msc in Psychology that would launch you into a professional pathway in mental health services in the UK irrespective of what you studied in Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by faceland: 10:41am On Mar 18
mmsen:

They don't welcome any of those groups that you mentioned. They voted for Brexit because their bigotry doesn't even allow them to see Eastern Europeans as humans deserving of sharing the same horrible island as them.

They do not like Arabs or Asians either. You have received some very bad information.

You can claim to be Syrian refugee (with no passport), just be Arabs and they would feed and house you. You can claim to be Ukrainian refugee (with no passport), just be white or light skin Asian and they would feed and house you in perpetuity.

By the way, the accomodations are usually a nice hotel or some kind/loving family house.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by lastkingsman: 10:56am On Mar 18
004gist:
Almost all schools in the United kingdom are facing serious financial problems.
My school is not exempted as lecturers want to go on strike any moment because the management has closed down a lot of departments and are asking the lecturers to go..Lecturers said no u can't just sack them.

Other universities are going into merger to pass through the storm.

Nigeria and Indians plays a critical role in the funding of UK universities. It was when I arrived that I started seeing sizeable number of Nigerians studying BSc program.

This universities are crafty as they open irrelevant department.. Project management this, project executive this that, project sustainability this that and that etc
Even if u graduate they won't even give u job unless the menial jobs around.

Our leaders has to sit up, create hope for Nigerians by providing security, transparency in elections etc , so that people don't exit this country.

They won't sit up; they will continue to milk the country dry and using the corruption proceeds to buy dollars driving the price above 3000/$ and inflation 200%. At this level, the country will sink.

When you have a criminal drug baron at aso rock, what money can't do, more money will do at NASS and the useless CJN that has turned Judi-sharing into bazaar where justice goes to the highest bidder, what do you expect?

IMPLOSION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Exceed15: 11:03am On Mar 18
Imagine where you will school and won't be given a job in your profession after completion. You now come bavk to Nigeria looking for Job.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 11:05am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

Hmm.

Makes very little sense still.
30M just like that

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Exceed15: 11:05am On Mar 18
Imagine where you will school and won't be given a job in your profession after completion. You will now come back to Nigeria looking for Job.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Exceed15: 11:05am On Mar 18
Imagine where you will school and won't be given a job in your profession after completion. You will now come back to Nigeria looking for Job.. Nonsense
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Mindlog: 11:10am On Mar 18
blowjohn:

Hmm.

Makes very little sense still.
30M just like that

It did cost me about N6m in tuition fees when I came for my postgraduate studies and it worth every penny as the return on investing in myself through that, has been very high........I did my research very well before relocating to the UK through that route.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Mindlog: 11:13am On Mar 18
Exceed15:
Imagine where you will school and won't be given a job in your profession after completion. You will now come back to Nigeria looking for Job.. Nonsense

If you studied courses that are in-demand in the job market, you will eventually a job after proving you are skilled.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:14am On Mar 18
I have never liked UK, everything about that country na expenses. I can only visit.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Freshboi316(m): 11:17am On Mar 18
UK and wahala! 😂😂😂
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Exceed15: 11:17am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

If you studied courses that are in-demand in the job market, you will eventually a job after proving you are skilled.

Hello I m talking from what I know. They believe in their own people first. Do your findings. Most people who schooled there didn't get job except unprofessional Jobs.
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Mindlog: 11:22am On Mar 18
Exceed15:

Hello I m talking from what I know. They believe in their own people first. Do your findings. Most people who schooled there didn't get job except unprofessional Jobs.

I schooled here in the UK, an in-demand skill (Clinical Child Psychology) and got selected for the advertised role despite having British citizens as fellow applicants and this is what I know.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by Exceed15: 11:26am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

I schooled here in the UK, an in-demand skill (Clinical Child Psychology) and got selected for the advertised role despite having British citizens as fellow applicants and this is what I know.

I said most people. God is on your side that's why . I have couple of friends who came back after completing their studies. I think they are just interested in our money.

1 Like

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by soccerlite: 11:44am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

Dem wan enter UK, any course was okay for them but majority realized they wasted funds upon arrival in the UK.

Why do a Masters in International Business Management when you could have spent the same amount to get a Msc in Psychology that would launch you into a professional pathway in mental health services in the UK irrespective of what you studied in Nigeria!

Its lack of wisdom
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 11:59am On Mar 18
Mindlog:

It did cost me about N6m in tuition fees when I came for my postgraduate studies and it worth every penny as the return on investing in myself through that, has been very high........I did my research very well before relocating to the UK through that route.

I see. U must have left when the naira was still strong in comparison with its strength today.
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by shamsin6300(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18
004gist:
Almost all schools in the United kingdom are facing serious financial problems.
My school is not exempted as lecturers want to go on strike any moment because the management has closed down a lot of departments and are asking the lecturers to go..Lecturers said no u can't just sack them.

Other universities are going into merger to pass through the storm.

Nigeria and Indians plays a critical role in the funding of UK universities. It was when I arrived that I started seeing sizeable number of Nigerians studying BSc program.

This universities are crafty as they open irrelevant department.. Project management this, project executive this that, project sustainability this that and that etc
Even if u graduate they won't even give u job unless the menial jobs around.

Our leaders has to sit up, create hope for Nigerians by providing security, transparency in elections etc , so that people don't exit this country.

Is well
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by stasius: 12:45pm On Mar 18
Nigerian economy is affecting it too.

How many people have the pounds to pay for school fees?

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by justmondris: 1:35pm On Mar 18
A few years from now, most foreign students will start attending universities in China for the same quality of education at a very low price.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by ozo13(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18
Judolisco:
dem know now... They ain't foolish... They want to eat their cake and have it.... They want our money but they don't want us to bring family members grin
lol
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by femi4: 2:14pm On Mar 18
chiefolododo:
With all due respect, the universities in the UK are only interested in your money. They do business with education
Exactly. The quality of teaching is poor
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:39pm On Mar 18
NwaNimo1:
UK Universities......scam houses!

tongue
Re: Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria by RosyIsBlessed: 2:48pm On Mar 18
Story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike, Tonye Princewill, Dakuku Peterside Pictured Together / Lagos Gov Ticket: Ambode’s Wife Fails To Change Tinubu’s Mind / Stalemate In APC, PDP As Governors, Stakeholders Disagree Over Running Mates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.