Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers (28499 Views)

Delta: ‘army Wanted To Forcefully Arrest 3 High Chiefs, They Didn’t Come For Pea / Orlu: Army Recovers Bodies Of 4 Soldiers Killed By IPOB In Imo / See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Ofunaofu: 10:11pm On Mar 17
…deploy heavy artillery weapons to community

Alleged Mutilated bodies of the Commanding officer , Majors and some of the soldiers have been found floating in the river in Okuoma community in Ughelli south local government area.

Community sources told Vanguard that the bowels of some of the officers were ripped open by their killers.

It was speculated that the military would have moved the corpses out of the town to the morgue.

“The military men on ground would have moved the corpses to their morgue either in Bayelsa or Warri.”

The killing of 16 soldiers in the community last week had continued to generate tension across Ughelli and other parts of the state.

Vanguard gathered that the military moved in heavy artillery weapons into the community through Bomadi local government area on Sunday and they also mounted heavy presence in every area.

The number of buildings so far razed down could not be confirmed but some locals told the Vanguard that several houses had been burnt.

” Our properties have been burnt down. Painfully, occupants of these houses have no hand in the killings .

” We appeal to the military to do thorough intelligence gathering so they can fish out those involved. “Leveling the entire community is not the best option after all. The community is not at war with the federal government “.

Some persons who spoke to the government under condition of anonymity wondered why the soldiers did not invite those they allegedly came to see in the community to their base for the peace talk rather than come to the community in such numbers.

” I have been wondering why the soldiers did not invite the parties they came to see for the peace talk to their base rather than come to the area in such numbers.

” I have been following all the stories in the media. Well ! They knew why they chose that approach. “
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/delta-army-recovers-mutilated-corpses-of-officers/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by SadiqBabaSani: 10:13pm On Mar 17
Bandits are better than these army burning locals

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Floky215: 10:17pm On Mar 17
Dem regular trade mark...!!
Why not find those who attacked them instead of burning poor people home?

This is the singular reason the army don't always succeed in their missions..!!!

You burn people's homes and create more enemies for yourselves...!!

These days the army behave like any other regular thugs and are always dealt with by non state actors...!!

The army need get back their respect..!!

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Zooposki(f): 10:22pm On Mar 17
Oshi Army.

6 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by 123yes(m): 10:27pm On Mar 17
Kia such a painful and shameful death. Why mutilating their bodies? Odi kind of treatment loading

8 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by CoronaVirusPro: 10:50pm On Mar 17
Zooposki:

After they finish bombing your region.

Yes! If my region does such, it is welcomed!

4 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by mbaise1000: 10:54pm On Mar 17
We see people here supporting the mass murder of villagers and communities and towns, and the odi treatment and the Israeli treatment, my first question to those will be, is that the suggestion you will give if this evil and senseless murder of those soldiers happened in your community?
First I am not from that place and not even from delta, and I am bot in support of the murder of anyone soldier or civilian for whatever purpose and I hate it more when I hear that any person died because of nigeria, I never believe that the blood of any human being is supposed to be shed because of nigeria.
We heard how Obasanjo destroyed a while village in odi during his days and we hear stories of the nigerian soldiers going on rampage and burning people's houses each time this type of senseless murders happened, have it stopped it from happening? We are hearing of how the old and the weak are being sacked from their houses, do we really believe that this heinous acts were committed by this old people? I am thinking that there is something as military intelligence, there are sss, there are police, and there are people in these places where these things happen that will be ready to help fish out this murderers, why all these collective punishment? Where most likely those murderers have fled those communities, or is there anyone hear who believes that those that did this will wait for the military to come?
I am thinking that the military and the govt can change tactics if what they have tried before did not work, personally I don't believe that this is the most effective way to fish out the murderers, I will think that if by any chance the real murderers are apprehended and taken to courts and judged, would have been better at stopping these type of evil

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by EbinPawaGovt: 11:06pm On Mar 17
CoronaVirusPro:

It’s not hate but demanded and required action.

Examples need to be made.

“In the quest to fish-out terrorist, high numbers of civilian casualties cannot be prevented, and that extends to women and children”

_ Israel defence minister.

You didn't answer the question. Why do you guys become deaf and dumb when the northerners are involved in an issue but become local barking champions against other southerners?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by CoronaVirusPro: 11:11pm On Mar 17
EbinPawaGovt:

You didn't answer the question. Why do you guys become deaf and dumb when the northerners are involved in an issue but become local barking champions against other southerners?

Go read my past post and see the immense support I have given to The Nigerian Armed Forces. I am not one of those.

I am one of the most patriotic Nigerian on this forum and my past post can bare me witness. A staunch and dedicated believer of the gospel of His Excellence, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by 9japride(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17
EbinPawaGovt:

[color=#006600][/color]

It's all about religion. It's only a baby that can't see through their deceit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by EbinPawaGovt: 11:31pm On Mar 17
CoronaVirusPro:

Go read my past post and see the immense support I have given to The Nigerian Armed Forces. I am not one of those.

I am one of the most patriotic Nigerian on this forum and my past post can bare me witness. A staunch and dedicated believer of the gospel of His Excellence, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

Abi gospel of zombieesm chapter 30k verse trying to make up mumuish post count for Whatsapp group.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17
EbinPawaGovt:

Why do Yoruba hate other southerners but never ever challenge the northerners?

In what way did Yorubas that voted for your kinsman in mass and Igbo that voted for theirs in the lowest quantity hate other southerners

Yorubas have no issue with south south but Igbo won't get love for hate, you will get hate for hate. Gen z Yoruba no get time to show love when you show hate

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by NewDea4: 12:01am On Mar 18
Ofunaofu:

…deploy heavy artillery weapons to community

Alleged Mutilated bodies of the Commanding officer , Majors and some of the soldiers have been found floating in the river in Okuoma community in Ughelli south local government area.

Community sources told Vanguard that the bowels of some of the officers were ripped open by their killers.

It was speculated that the military would have moved the corpses out of the town to the morgue.

“The military men on ground would have moved the corpses to their morgue either in Bayelsa or Warri.”

The killing of 16 soldiers in the community last week had continued to generate tension across Ughelli and other parts of the state.

Vanguard gathered that the military moved in heavy artillery weapons into the community through Bomadi local government area on Sunday and they also mounted heavy presence in every area.

The number of buildings so far razed down could not be confirmed but some locals told the Vanguard that several houses had been burnt.

” Our properties have been burnt down. Painfully, occupants of these houses have no hand in the killings .

” We appeal to the military to do thorough intelligence gathering so they can fish out those involved. “Leveling the entire community is not the best option after all. The community is not at war with the federal government “.

Some persons who spoke to the government under condition of anonymity wondered why the soldiers did not invite those they allegedly came to see in the community to their base for the peace talk rather than come to the community in such numbers.

” I have been wondering why the soldiers did not invite the parties they came to see for the peace talk to their base rather than come to the area in such numbers.

” I have been following all the stories in the media. Well ! They knew why they chose that approach. “

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/delta-army-recovers-mutilated-corpses-of-officers/amp/

The army killed hundreds of people at Lekki toll gate yet no one advocated for the destruction of Bonny camp or 81 division where the killer-soldiers came from

4 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by yarimo(m): 12:12am On Mar 18
Army should kill all criminals in that area immediately

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Dafresh: 1:34am On Mar 18
Pictures or Videos I done tire to the hear all these things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Dafresh: 1:35am On Mar 18
yarimo:
Army should kill all criminals in that area immediately

Army don't kill criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Dynamicboss: 1:57am On Mar 18
I made a comment two days ago that expect NAF to bomb the creeks place by day and night but some people are emotionally stressed and abused me.

See, I am not in support of the gruesome killing of the soldiers neither I am in support of NA reprisal attack which of course has kicked off hereby burning down houses of innocent people. My comment only speaks to the way NA react especially when it comes to south issues. No be today them dey behave like this. The arrest made, I hope they don’t kill the innocent people.

1 Like

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by AmuDimpka: 3:17am On Mar 18
Floky215:
Dem regular trade mark...!!
Why not find those who attacked them instead of burning poor people home?

This is the singular reason the army don't always succeed in their missions..!!!

You burn people's homes and create more enemies for yourselves...!!

These days the army behave like any other regular thugs and are always dealt with by non state actors...!!

The army need get back their respect..!!
in military they have intelligence but not ours....we just are arsonists

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Br4life: 3:31am On Mar 18
EbinPawaGovt:

my brother never trust these pple ,there are never here or there

4 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Oracleforce: 3:41am On Mar 18
Br4life:
See how yorubas advocating for a whole village to be burn down,I hope delta pple are keeping records of dis ppl comments

Just imagine one of your loved one are part of the soldiers that were slaughtered in cold blooded ....will you give this stupid comments . Playing tribalism....as if the soldiers that were slaughtered are only Aboki and Yoruba soldiers.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Gadafii: 4:48am On Mar 18
Nigerian army lacks intelligence gathering and It’s very pathetic

The same way they wait for boko haram and bandits to attack then repeal when they could have conducted a recon to know the number of terrorists ina region and the exact place they are then send drones or planes to fry them. Same thing is playing out here. Why burning houses and properties when you could have seek out the perpetrators intelligently and deal with them

When army bombed innocent civilians “mistakenly “ few months ago. They gave a very lame excuse and everything was fine, several hundreds of Nigerians died painfully and till today nobody is punished for it

You go about razing them a whole community because your soldiers were killed, how does that avenge the death of your slain comrades, abi you think the killers would remain in the village after carrying out such attack, enter the creeks with all your might and seek them out to deal with them, anyone you see in the creek or hour tangible explanation is a suspect, but noooo let’s burn down the houses

For those of you cheering them on to obliterate the community, I have a question for you, do you have sense one bit

What the army is doing is war crime in case you done know, incase you know and don’t give a fuckkk you are a criminal and as guilty as the army, two wrongs don’t make a right.

We have seen how boko haram and bandits useless the army in the north, just last week the army got its nose bloodied in a village somewhere in zamfara, their operational vehicles were razed by bandits, did army go back to that village to burn it, noo??

How many villages in tue north has the army burnt because their soldiers were killed in numbers there on a steady, how many

Just two weeks ago, we saw how civilians manhandled a soldier and he couldn’t do anything despite being armed, but such dare not happen down south, dead body go surplus

3 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Gadafii: 5:09am On Mar 18
Oracleforce:

Just imagine one of your loved one are part of the soldiers that were slaughtered in cold blooded ....will you give this stupid comments . Playing tribalism....as if the soldiers that were slaughtered are only Aboki and Yoruba soldiers.
same applies to you, just imagined your aged fathers properties are razed down or your family members killed innocently would you be encouraging the army more as if burning the houses solved the problems

The army know where the criminals are definitely hiding, inside the Creek,they should hunt them down there not burning houses and destroying properties

By razing down the community you haven’t solved any problem, instead you made the situation worse, this is what we want you guys to see, their is no tribalism here

6 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Godons1: 5:17am On Mar 18
SadiqBabaSani:
Bandits are better than these army burning locals

Army are still better than IPOB terrorist grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by AroOkigbo(m): 5:17am On Mar 18
wifeesnatcher:

In what way did Yorubas that voted for your kinsman in mass and Igbo that voted for theirs in the lowest quantity hate other southerners

Yorubas have no issue with south south but Igbo won't get love for hate, you will get hate for hate. Gen z Yoruba no get time to show love when you show hate
Your obsession is with Igbo even when you were questioned about north. Sad!

2 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by Acidosis(m): 5:33am On Mar 18
CoronaVirusPro:

Yes! If my region does such, it is welcomed!

If a few armed 'strangers' or angry youths kill Nigerian army personnel in your village and disappear, it's right for the army to burn down your village, including your aged parents to ashes??

Mehn, you're a genocidal criminal. No difference between you and bandits.

3 Likes

Re: Delta: Army Recovers Mutilated Corpses Of Officers by saddler: 8:53am On Mar 18
undecided

May the souls of the humans that died rest in peace. And May the government rise to responsibility and compensate their families.

But i got no pity for soldiers. Sometimes i feel they deserve whatever injustice they get especially Nigerian soldiers.

Their atrocities against civilians is way worse than what has happened to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Foils Plot To Bomb Ikoyi Estate, Arrests 45 Boko Haram Suspects In Lagos / Ribadu Hides As PDP Moves To Appoint Him Party Chairman / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.