Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings (28132 Views)

Delta Killings: Military Sets To Build Barracks In Okuama / Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 / FG To Demolish More Buildings On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by SKYHIGHfx: 9:23am On Mar 18
abba190:
it was done in a forest u cant kill 16 soldiers in your community and expect to have peace

Is NDA a forest?

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Neoteny(m): 9:24am On Mar 18
Two communities killing each other over land, then savagely murdered military personnel....no one calls them animals or terrorists.

If it were in the North, malicious miscreants would pop out with ethnic and religious labels to slap all over the North.

Hypocrisy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Dinho991: 9:25am On Mar 18
Tompolo really messed up! He was the one attacking the community over a boundary dispute, fighting with his men dressed in military uniforms. They killed those guys and mutilated them. Initially, the victims thought it was the military, but later discovered it was Tompolo's men. His personal secretary, who spearheaded the attack, was later captured and beheaded. This angered Tompolo and prompted him to make another move. Being a government man in the creek guarding the pipeline, he sent the real army using his influence. However, those in the community mistook them for Tompolo's men and ambushed them, resulting in retaliation similar to what the men in uniform had done to them. That's why you see some bodies beheaded and mutilated. Tompolo's men have been committing such atrocities in that community. And trust the Uruobo guys, they will retaliate.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by AntiWailer: 9:25am On Mar 18
kettykin:
Things the reason why all Americans carry guns and why you can't have this rubbish happen in the western world. I don't support the killing of soldiers but the innocent people particularly women and children but be defended at all cost.

This alc government should not start another ugm in that axis

SO Americans carrying guns can defend themselves against trained American Soldiers.

They yarn dust.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 9:30am On Mar 18
I can't be a governor and the Army will wreck havoc in my state under my watch. It will never happen, I tell you this for a fact I can be cold blooded as hell but I love my people and won't just sit back and watch you destroy them. Hell no! I won't take it. The Army are mischievous so to an extent of we look at holistically without political and tribal bias the Army are also a nuisance. They harass civilians in the South but can't go toe to toe with ordinary Fulani herdsmen. They can't try half of what they do here in the North. I'm sorry you lost your personnels but listen, I'll help you fish the culprits out and hand them over to the authorities who will pass a judgement according to the constitution. How are we sure the culprits are indigenes of the community they are destroying and displacing? So none of the army personnel have their own family from the said community? That means the rogues on army uniform are northern bandits as well. I repeat if I'm a governor you dare not touch my people, I don't care what they might have done. I'll take my time to analyze the situation, get the culprits and make sure they are the culprits, give them a fair hearing and if they are guilty, I'll so deal with them that the army will be glad but using this as an opportunity to wreck havoc on innocent civilians in my state then we have a problem. Serious one. What nonsense! Don't fvucin touch my people. Gaddamn!
They are criminals and bandits themselves who are from the North on a mission to annihilate my people. Why are some people supporting this nonsense to spite some people and why were some people rejoicing that army personnel were killed? This is nonsense and this country is doomed to fail of you don't change this stupid mentality. This is what led to what was termed Igbo coup and unnecessary civil war and we've failed to learn from it.
The Army involved in this criminal acts must be arrested and jailed. Due process must be followed. They can't try this shit in the North cos the Army there are from the south and led by Northerners hence can't do shit. The North are taking the south for a joke cos they are too divided to think and see what's really going on. SE/SS/SW are just stupid educated fools controlled by the illiterate backward Sharia jihadistic North.
God pls I just need to be in a position of power to teach this idiots a lesson. If the army touch a hair of my people without justifiable reason it's finna be war. They have no right to take matters into their own hands, this is not war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by tefund(m): 9:31am On Mar 18
THUNDER4real:
The Nigerian army is overstretched. They will do police work, that’s why they are not respected. What is the military doing there before they were slaughtered. They are just lucky guns are not legalized in Nigeria, as they are coming back to burn down the community, they will be met by more bullets and they will lose more of their officers. The government should send all military men back to barracks.
Exactly,Soldiers would kill scores of civilian and go free,but if criminals kill two soldiers in a community the whole community would be burnt down.Soldiers should return to barrack where they are meant to be and not be roaming around like sheep.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Diligence: 9:31am On Mar 18
Soldiers razing and burning down the town is as barbaric & brutish as ever. No investigation! Vicious circle indeed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by sirray001: 9:31am On Mar 18
CilicMarin:
Why are the supporters of a failed presidential candidate only the people celebrating the killing of soldiers??

They rejoice whenever atrocities are committed against the country they pretend to love?

I mean go to twitter, Facebook... they are defending the okuoma people more than themselves . Which kind animalistic behaviour is this?

Our only happiness is that, that dullard with empty brain will never smell Aso Rock. Let them continue to celebrate criminalities.
all you think of everyday is Peter Obi. Million of you can never be like Peter Obi. Think of better thing my brother. Nobody is supporting the killing of the military guys. Military should fish out the perpetrators. They should stop burning innocent property and killing them. It is not civilized.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Bigkoko: 9:31am On Mar 18
What exactly has burning of the houses got to do with apprehending the culprits? Stone age ragtag army!

Head straight to the Creek and fight the ragtag militas. Criminals don't hid in the villages and town. They're in bushes, desert and Creeks.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by frankson1(m): 9:31am On Mar 18
I laughed reading some comments when the report of the killing of the military men was first reported.

Some clueless monikers where happy and stating how the military men met their match and forgetting that there would be repercussions.

They butchered 2 Major and expect dialogue.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by northbird: 9:33am On Mar 18
kettykin:
Things the reason why all Americans carry guns and why you can't have this rubbish happen in the western world. I don't support the killing of soldiers but the innocent people particularly women and children but be defended at all cost.

This alc government should not start another ugm in that axis

The militants that killed and dismembered the soldiers, are they not from that community? If so called militants truly cared about community women and children , then they wouldn't slaughter a fellow human being moreso a Nigerian soldier in such a gruesome way. It was a gory sight.

The Nigerian army should fish them out.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by iswallker(m): 9:34am On Mar 18
Racoon:
Sad soldiers were killed, but then deploying armoured tanks to a community? They army have not done this nonsense in Kaduna, Zamfara and other northern areas where its personnel were gruesomely killed in the time past. Talk of double standards.

You were not alive when drone strike killed dozens of northerners in kaduna at a Muslim celebration...

undecided
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by DrAkpamudehe: 9:35am On Mar 18
THUNDER4real:
The Nigerian army is overstretched. They will do police work, that’s why they are not respected. What is the military doing there before they were slaughtered. They are just lucky guns are not legalized in Nigeria, as they are coming back to burn down the community, they will be met by more bullets and they will lose more of their officers. The government should send all military men back to barracks.

You are a suspect
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by limeta(f): 9:36am On Mar 18
Some false flag operation sometimes look better than the original

It could be boko haram, herdsmen, hausa fulani bandits
I hear the community is oil and gas hub that too makes the same military suspect
Even the APC government is a suspect.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 9:38am On Mar 18
abba190:
have u ever heard of a place in northern nigeria where 16 soldiers killed in a day?

Can we just be patriotic enough and reason like humans? This shit is a norm in the North, they have no level up North but always quick to flex here in the South.
Why's the army involved in a community dispute and then used as a mercenary to wreck havoc on the other community instead of staying neutral and keeping peace as they claim? The Governor of Delta is a useless fool who deserves no family. Weak bastard

2 Likes

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Lekan239(m): 9:38am On Mar 18
Cantonese:
They are acting on Presidential orders as confirmed by BAT himself.

The perpetrators have vanished, while the innocent suffer what they did not bargain for.

While they use power to destroy houses built by civilians, can anyone destroy their own houses? The loss of soldiers is painful enough, but how can they justify razing down of the whole community in search of the perpetrators? When will this ever stop in Nigeria, with military people razing down while communities under the guise of vengeance?
if ur father no handle you with hardened hand when you dey small, will you become the person you are today?

Maybe Army are just doing that to deter and teach other people/communities a lesson

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by backbone503(m): 9:41am On Mar 18
adecz:

Deal with them to teach them a
very bitter lesson 😐😐😐😐

Same way they do in the north when kidnapped, ambushed and killed right? If you are a southerner then I'll call you a big fool
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by abba190: 9:42am On Mar 18
Daystar7:

Can we just be patriotic enough and reason like humans? This shit is a norm in the North, they have no level up North but always quick to flex here in the South.
Why's the army involved in a community dispute and then used as a mercenary to wreck havoc on the other community instead of staying neutral and keeping peace as they claim? The Governor of Delta is a useless fool who deserves no family. Weak bastard
bro if any community in northern Nigeria did same thing army will give them thesame treatment. the difference here is the location majority of terrorist activities in northern nigeria are being carried out desert or a very remote areas
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 9:42am On Mar 18
iswallker:

You were not alive when drone strike killed dozens of northerners in kaduna at a Muslim celebration...

undecided

How is that the same with the issue at hand?? Is it illiteracy or just plain stupidity that's ur problem. Drone strike at a celebration is certainly not the same and have no connection to this. Damn!
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Lavor234: 9:42am On Mar 18
Very sickening and barbaric.. Nigerian Army already had a plethora of bad will against it from the intl community and now Nigerians... The Shite Massacre, the Odi Killings now this shows that they haven't evolved... Let them be doing their bravado,now, time is a leveller.
Tinubu made a wrong call. He should have called for am investigation and for law and order to be upheld, not giving the military full authority
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by AdamuKD: 9:45am On Mar 18
CilicMarin:
Why are the supporters of a failed presidential candidate only the people celebrating the killing of soldiers??

They rejoice whenever atrocities are committed against the country they pretend to love?

I mean go to twitter, Facebook... they are defending the okuoma people more than themselves . Which kind animalistic behaviour is this?

Our only happiness is that, that dullard with empty brain will never smell Aso Rock. Let them continue to celebrate criminalities.
Shut up zombie
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by frankson1(m): 9:45am On Mar 18
AntiWailer:

SO Americans carrying guns can defend themselves against trained American Soldiers.

They yarn dust.

You dey mind some kids for this site cheesy

Like soldier are scared of civilians because of the guns they have.

1 Like

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Moses86(m): 9:48am On Mar 18
It's very unfortunate for some Nigerians to blame the military on the aftermath of this attack... The truth is the Nigeria army won't let this one slide. Arrest all the traditional rulers in the LGA to fish the culprits out and avoid bloodbath of innocent Nigerians.
After God na army o lets not forget what happened in Zaki biam. It has never been thesame
.I was born there and witness that event as a child, as it happened. God help those innocent ppl caught in this menace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by frankson1(m): 9:48am On Mar 18
Lavor234:
Very sickening and barbaric.. Nigerian Army already had a plethora of bad will against it from the intl community and now Nigerians... The Shite Massacre, the Odi Killings now this shows that they haven't evolved... Let them be doing their bravado,now, time is a leveller.
Tinubu made a wrong call. He should have called for am investigation and for law and order to be upheld, not giving the military full authority

2 Majors were murdered in a day when they were not fighting a war and you're expecting a dialogue or what angry let the burning continue since the people didn't learn lessons from the community you mentioned.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 9:55am On Mar 18
abba190:
bro if any community in northern Nigeria did same thing army will give them thesame treatment. the difference here is the location majority of terrorist activities in northern nigeria are being carried out desert or a very remote areas

Now this is a lie, the Army don't ever attack a community over the death of their personnel in the North who are most times southerners. Infact most times the Northern top army officials set up their own subjects. This has been the case many times, that aside are should we accept Army doing reprisal attack on civilians for the loss of their personnels? Is this normal human logic or lower animal thinking? Wtf are you saying? Reprisal attack on a community for what? So the Army themselves are not under the law of the constitution but the civilians are? Then we act like we don't know where the resentment is coming from? I don't understand how the Army on a peace keeping mission in a dispute between two communities will be used as a mercenary by one of the said communities against the other instead of staying neutral and minding the business they were there for.
It don't matter the location, the army has no right to go rogue on a community for whatever reason. They must be disciplined and follow the rule of law and order. Do you know the resultant effect of this animalistic behavior? More hostility and resentment which is not what you want if you truly want peace but black man and their backward thinking will always never disappoint just like you just did. The whites will never respect us cos most of y'all simply can't reason like humans with intelligence.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by siant: 9:57am On Mar 18
In as much as I don't support the killing of the soldiers by those Militants, but it senseless for the military to be burning houses killing innocent civilian. Since the emergence of Boko Haram in the north a about 25 years ago, only God knows the thousands of soldiers that have been wasted. How many villages and communities have been razed down by the military? Nigerian military was rather on the defensive side with a slogan of 'operation lafiya dole', instead of being on the offensive.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Eteka1(m): 9:58am On Mar 18
jmoore:
Things that can only happen in a ZOO.

When you keep employing idiots to be in charge of the military, demonic actions like this will keep repeating itself.
Your region is a no go area due to UGM, IPOB etc, that region is the real Zoo
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 10:03am On Mar 18
frankson1:

2 Majors were murdered in a day when they were not fighting a war and you're expecting a dialogue or what angry let the burning continue since the people didn't learn lessons from the community you mentioned.

Just look at what a human made by God typed. You should be ashamed of yourself but that won't happen cos you're shameless. 2 majors died so for that reason a whole community of over 100000 people deserve death too irrespective of their innocence as their life don't matter huh? Will this be your stance if this happened in ur very own community? Have they done investigation to know if the culprits are indigenes of the said community? Why can't they behave like humans by cooperating with the community indigenes and government to get the culprits? This is normal human logic but it's alien to you black monkeys cos y'all are nothing but animals. Just imagine how foolish you're. Damn!

2 Likes

Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Cantonese: 10:04am On Mar 18
Lekan239:
if ur father no handle you with hardened hand when you dey small, will you become the person you are today?

Maybe Army are just doing that to deter and teach other people/communities a lesson

So in the attempt to deter and teach the people and community a lesson, soldiers are authorized by you to burn down houses one properties of innocent people?

I sincerely hope soldiers locate you on the road or burn your properties to teach you the lessons that you have not known. That way you can be a first hand witness of what it feel like.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Zooposki(f): 10:05am On Mar 18
Neoteny:
Two communities killing each other over land, then savagely murdered military personnel....no one calls them animals or terrorists.

If it were in the North, malicious miscreants would pop out with ethnic and religious labels to slap all over the North.

Hypocrisy.

https://newsnet.ng/crime/we-did-not-kill-any-soldier-rather-tantita-backed-officers-are-destroying-our-community-okuama-people-lament/

Contrary to reports making rounds, particularly in the media that some soldiers were killed by youths of Okuama community in Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State, some Okuama people have denied the killing.

Some indigenes alleged hundreds of persons were killed on Thursday and Friday by persons wearing Army uniforms who invaded the community.

An indigene of Okuama community, Onajite Idiaphoro, in an interview with our Correspondent said the men who invaded the community with a Tantita gunboat burnt all the houses in the community.

He alleged, “We were holding regular Community on Thursday when some men in Army uniforms and carried by Tantita Gun boat invaded the meeting demanding to see our community chairman.

“As soon as our chairman was identified, the men said that they were taking him to Bomadi for questioning but the community women resisted the approach because Okuama is under Ughelli South Local Government Area and the chairman did not commit any crime neither the community that demands military invasion.

“The men started shooting killing two persons instantly and injuring many persons before driving away.”

Mr Idiaphoro said that after the first shooting, residents of the community, especially the men started moving out fearing the worst could happen later.

“After four hours later, the men came back with many gunboats, shooting sporadically into the community and killing many persons including women and children before burning houses,” he lamented.

“How our people who are mere fishermen and potato farmers have guns to fight, talk less killed a whole 15 Army officers as wrongly reported? He queried in a weak tone.

At this point, he burst into tears saying, “Okuama community has been at the receiving end of the crisis with Okoloba as former NIMASA boss, Patrick backed by former Militant leader, Tompolo have boys to kill us”.

The people of Okuama community called on President Bola Tinubu, Governor Sheriff Oborevwori, and the Chief of Army Staff to immediately halt the invasion of their community and set up a panel of inquiry to unravel the true killers of the reported 15 soldiers.
Re: Delta Killings: Soldiers Occupy Okuama, Raze More Buildings by Daystar7: 10:09am On Mar 18
abba190:

Pls don't use bro when you type jargons that lack basic human logic. Going on reprisal attack on a civil innocent community for the loss of their personnel by a few criminals makes sense to you? Then you trying to claim it will happen in the North too if not for location like it's something that should be condoned at all. Just get lost and don't ever mention me cos you're clearly a mistake that should never have happened. Do you for a minute think about the innocent civilians, the old and elderly, the young, the women who can't hurt a fly? Of course not cos you're not capable of that either. Nonsense!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Charles To Visit Nigeria On Tuesday, On Herdsmen Clash -UK / Rented Unknown Bishops: Tinubu Not Qualified To Be President By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Transcript Of El-Rufai's Speech About Tinubu And Muslim-Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.