Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta (1437 Views)

Miyetti Allah: Southern Governors Confused, Face IPOB Terrorists, Leave Herders / HURIWA: IPOB May Not Be Responsible For Imo Attacks / ‘Terrorists May Strike At National Assembly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by wediehere1: 8:18am On Mar 19
Tranquillity360:
Opc said South south is not part of Biafra.

Yorubas claims south south are their allies.

Opc terrorists are responsible,no wonder most Yorubas are urging soldiers to leveled the whole communities because they just implicate the communities.
the fear of Nigerian Soldiers is a beginning of wisdom
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by wediehere1: 8:19am On Mar 19
AlexBells:
Thats a good defense, I appreciate that you are defending yourself. This indicates that OPC is a high level suspect since already prepared an alibi. Please allow the right authority to do their job then pointing fingers when it is obvious the Itsekiri in Delta has serious alliances with westerners
I thought ipob terrorists fear nobody

1 Like

Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Dsimmer: 8:48am On Mar 19
Dalohad:
We understand that OPC operates in delta state, they claim Itshekiris are Yoruba. Discreet intelligence reveal that they may be responsible for the killings of soldiers in delta.

Itsekiri are Yoruba. Their brothers are in Ondo state as a matter of fact. All Yorubaland are mentioned in IFA and Iwere is one of them.

However where the event happened isn't in Iwere area but an urhobo land which urhobo and Ijaw have been contesting. Not the first time urhobo and ijaw are fighting. They even fought recently in this month or last month. So it's either the Ijaw, Urhobo or the Ipob who came to Delta because they felt Delta is theirs just because some Igbo were assimilated into Bini/Edo area, after they were caught trespassing into Bini land before they were later released and assimilated. Why did you think Igbo means slave according to Ika/Agbor/Kwale?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by shortgun(m): 9:29am On Mar 19
Dsimmer:

Itsekiri are Yoruba. Their brothers are in Ondo state as a matter of fact. All Yorubaland are mentioned in IFA and Iwere is one of them.

However where the event happened isn't in itsekiri area but an urhobo land which urhobo and Ijaw have been contesting. Not the first time urhobo and ijaw are fighting. They even fought recently in this month or last month. So it's either the Ijaw, Urhobo or Ipob who came to Delta because they felt Delta is theirs just because some Igbo were assimilated into Bini/Edo area, after they were caught trespassing into Bini land before they were later released and assimilated. Why did you think Igbo means slave according to Ika/Agbor/Kwale?

Asari Dokubo is the only known person capable of establishing and running an armed combatant private army in the creeks because he has Federal government's backing as Tinubu the President is his friend. Asari's army will be made up of OPC elements who are familiar with the creek terrain and will not be drawn from the local area for obvious reasons.
Unrelated: Why do you think the word Igbo is present as a prefix or a suffix in names of most yoruba towns like Ijebu igbo, Ejigbo, Ile igbo, Igbo doji, Igbologun, Igbo olokun,Odigbo,Igbokoda, Igboho? I believe your elders have not told you the reason behind this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Dsimmer: 11:07am On Mar 19
shortgun:

Asari Dokubo is the only known person capable of establishing and running an armed combatant private army in the creeks because he has Federal government's backing as Tinubu the President is his friend. Asari's army will be made up of OPC elements who are familiar with the creek terrain and will not be drawn from the local area for obvious reasons.
Unrelated: Why do you think the word Igbo is present as a prefix or a suffix in names of most yoruba towns like Ijebu igbo, Ejigbo, Ile igbo, Igbo doji, Igbologun, Igbo olokun,Odigbo,Igbokoda, Igboho? I believe your elders have not told you the reason behind this

Lol. You want to claim those places too? Lol.

Igbo means Bush in Yoruba. Now, I'm thinking either the Yoruba were the ones who named the Igbo, considering a lot of Igbo were found inside the bush at the time they were found in the southeast or the Bini/Agbor/Ika/kwale/ etc ended up naming those they caught trespassing into Edo/Bini before their eventual release and assimilation.
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by FEGNO: 11:28am On Mar 19
You are a fool.
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by shortgun(m): 11:52am On Mar 19
Dsimmer:

Lol. You want to claim those places too? Lol.

Igbo means Bush in Yoruba. Now, I'm thinking either the Yoruba were the ones who named the Igbo, considering a lot of Igbo were found inside the bush at the time they were found in the southeast or the Bini/Agbor/Ika/kwale/ etc ended up naming those they caught trespassing into Edo/Bini before their eventual release and assimilation.

Well, let me give you an insight in relation with what Onni of Ife said about Igbos.
when the world was still young and shrouded in mystery the Igbo were bestowed with the gift of knowledge by the gods themselves. It was whispered among the villages that their ancestors communed with the spirits of the earth, learning the secrets of the cosmos and the intricacies of creation. As the sole possessors of this sacred wisdom they were revered as living embodiments of divine insight and worshipped as gods. In a land where there's scarcity of knowledge the Igbo stood as beacons of enlightenment.

perhaps, the most revered of all was the Igbo's connection to the land itself. As the original owners of the southern territories, they held sway over vast swathes of territory each inch imbued with the echoes of their ancestors' footsteps.
Sacred temples and areas bore their names, sanctuaries where rituals were performed to honor the spirits that watched over the land and its people for many centuries
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Dsimmer: 2:11pm On Mar 19
shortgun:

Well, let me give you an insight in relation with what Onni of Ife said about Igbos.
when the world was still young and shrouded in mystery the Igbo were bestowed with the gift of knowledge by the gods themselves. It was whispered among the villages that their ancestors communed with the spirits of the earth, learning the secrets of the cosmos and the intricacies of creation. As the sole possessors of this sacred wisdom they were revered as living embodiments of divine insight and worshipped as gods. In a land where there's scarcity of knowledge the Igbo stood as beacons of enlightenment.

perhaps, the most revered of all was the Igbo's connection to the land itself. As the original owners of the southern territories, they held sway over vast swathes of territory each inch imbued with the echoes of their ancestors' footsteps.
Sacred temples and areas bore their names, sanctuaries where rituals were performed to honor the spirits that watched over the land and its people for many centuries

Lol. I laughed while reading all that. When did Ooni of Ife say all these your conjectures? I had to laugh when you said Igbo own all southern land. Lol. Well, Igbo have been thinking the whole South territory belonged to them ever since they were brought out of the Bush to see the civilization going on outside. That was why Ojukwu and his army attempted to move to the Southwest after he already invaded the Midwest and other South. Lol.

Did you even know that Igbo has no meaning in Igbo language? The name Igbo was given by either Yoruba, considering Igbo were found in the bush or were named by the Edo/Bini who also speak a mix of Yoruba however, since Igbo were caught as trespassers in Bini land before they were later released and assimilated hence why Agbor/Ika/kwale also terming Igbo to mean slaves.
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by shortgun(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19
Dsimmer:

Lol. I laughed while reading all that. When did Ooni of Ife say all these your conjectures? I had to laugh when you said Igbo own all southern land. Lol. Well, Igbo have been thinking the whole South belonged to them ever since they were brought out of the Bush to see the civilization going on outside. Lol. That was why Ojukwu and his army attempted to move to the Southwest after he already invaded the Midwest and other South. Lol.

Did you even know that Igbo has no meaning in Igbo language? The name Igbo was given by either Yoruba, considering Igbo were found in the bush or were named by the Edo/Bini who also speak a mix of Yoruba however, since Igbo were caught as trespassers in Bini land before they were later released and assimilated hence why Agbor/Ika/kwale also terming Igbo as slaves.
The Onni of Ife said
"We have good evidence to believe that Igbo race has its roots here in Ile-Ife. There is Ile-Igbo here in the palace which was not a recent creation but has been existing here for decades. For this and many other reasons, I believe we need proper documentation of our history"

The Ooni said that the Ile Igbo(house of Igbo) has existed in the Ooni palace for thousands of years as the most sacred house in the entire yoruba land. Isn't it an irony that a sacred house will be dedicated to a people who are slaves as you claim in the palace of the most revered monarch in Yoruba land?
I believe you owe yourself a duty to find out from your elders why such a sacred house of Igbo should exist in the palace of the Onni. Mind you there are other places named Ile igbo in other places in Yorubaland.
I won't be educating you more than this, I urge you to seat down with your elders and have a discussion
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Dsimmer: 7:24pm On Mar 19
shortgun:

The Onni of Ife said
"We have good evidence to believe that Igbo race has its roots here in Ile-Ife. There is Ile-Igbo here in the palace which was not a recent creation but has been existing here for decades. For this and many other reasons, I believe we need proper documentation of our history"

The Ooni said that the Ile Igbo(house of Igbo) has existed in the Ooni palace for thousands of years as the most sacred house in the entire yoruba land. Isn't it an irony that a sacred house will be dedicated to a people who are slaves as you claim in the palace of the most revered monarch in Yoruba land?
I believe you owe yourself a duty to find out from your elders why such a sacred house of Igbo should exist in the palace of the Onni. Mind you there are other places named Ile igbo in other places in Yorubaland.
I won't be educating you more than this, I urge you to seat down with your elders and have a discussion

Well, I didn't say Igbo means slave in Yoruba language. It means bush in Yoruba language. However, Igbo were also discovered in the bush. That was why I said Yoruba could have named the Igbo. Meanwhile, Ika/Agbor/ Kwale term Igbo to mean slaves but who could blame them when they knew that Igbo were caught trespassing into Edo/Bini land until their eventual release and assimilation.

On Ooni of Ife statement, while I might not understand what he's driving at, I know Yoruba do have several Igbo irunmole/Orisha. It simply means the Bush/Forest of the Orisha which are considered sacred. Generally, Forest is considered sacred in Yoruba hence why there are several Orisha linked to the forest which is why Forest & environmental preservation is an integral part of Yoruba culture.

So while I dunno what Ooni of Ife is saying however Igbo has no meaning in Igbo language but means Bush in Yoruba language.
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Ngozi123(f): 7:55pm On Mar 19
Dsimmer:

However where the event happened isn't in Iwere area but an urhobo land which urhobo and Ijaw have been contesting. Not the first time urhobo and ijaw are fighting. They even fought recently in this month or last month. So it's either the Ijaw, Urhobo or the Ipob who came to Delta because they felt Delta is theirs just because some Igbo were assimilated into Bini/Edo area, after they were caught trespassing into Bini land before they were later released and assimilated. Why did you think Igbo means slave according to Ika/Agbor/Kwale?

So Ika are no longer Igbo?
Re: IPOB Terrorists May Be Responsible For Killing Of Nigerian Soldiers In Delta by Ngozi123(f): 7:57pm On Mar 19
shortgun:

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Graduates Arrested For Drug Trafficking. / Mend: Nigerian Gov't Forces Launch Full Scale Attack On Militant Camps / On Patrol With Nigeria's Police In Enugu-bbc News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.