Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

List Of Tinubu's Policies That I Like - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Tinubu's Policies That I Like (128 Views)

Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC / 5 Key Transport Sector Policies That Possibly Affected Ambode’s Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

List Of Tinubu's Policies That I Like by iykbethany(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19
I am passionate about seeing Nigeria succeed. My stance is that Nigeria needs a robust leadership that transcends tribal and religious affiliations. A leadership that can drive the nation towards greatness and prosperity.

Here are some of Tinubu policies that I like..

1. Removal of Fuel subsidy (I support it bc it was hijacked by crooks). And majority of the subsidised Fuel was being smuggled to Cameron, Niger and other neighbouring countries.

2  Removal of forex subsidy (It was hijacked by crooked bank executives that many of you call role models and philanthropists. 
3. Implementation of the Oronsaye report

However, I must mention that the removal of the fuel subsidy was executed without proper planning. The government should have conducted a thorough analysis of the situation before implementing the policy. The government's actions sometimes appear inconsistent.

I believe that Nigeria's top priority is to improve security across the nation. Security is essential for economic prosperity, and insecurity is the primary reason for the high cost of food and other commodities.

Farmers are often attackedd and killedd by banditss and terroristt groups such as Boko Haram. Therefore, the government needs to develop effective security measures to safeguard citizens' lives and property.

It is essential to note that poverty is a significant contributor to insecurity. Therefore, the government must focus on improving the economy to tackle poverty.

Handing out cash to the poor is not a sustainable solution, as the funds rarely reach the intended beneficiaries. Buhari administration allocated billions for poor Nigerians through the Humanitarian ministry but the money was looted.

So instead of repeating this mistake, the Tinubu administration should invest in measures that will promote economic growth and development.

In my humble opinion, these are few of the several things Tinubu should do to move the nation towards greatness:

1. Address insecurity.
2. Reduce the cost of governance.
3. Ban foreign medical trips for all political office holders. This will help develop our medical sector.
4. Appointments should be based on merit, not sentiment. Only a few ministers, such as Wike, Dave Umahi, and the interior minister, are performing well. The rest are below par.

God bless Nigeria 🙌

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Reforms: Russian Firm, Rosatom Commences Exploration Of Lithium In Edo. / Killing Fields: 6,931 People Killed Under Tinubu In 10 Months / Why Budget Padding By National Assembly Is Not Illegal- Daniel Bwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.