Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians (672 Views)

Obi Most Popular Choice Among Nigerians — Kwakol Poll / Political Jargons Among Nigerians / Saraki Is A Dangerous Person And A Desperado — Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 5:59pm On Mar 19
I am writing this with all sense of worry for what has become a normal and dangerous trends among most Nigerians especially those of us using social media platforms.

We have tried to raise a campaign against this and to educate some people we found commiting this moral and social crime.

What's the crime?

Have you not observed that most Nigerian social media users are always quick to abuse and curse others on social media. It's also very common here on naira land. It's the order of the day on Facebook.

Sometimes ago, I got worried and I felt in our own way we should begin to do something about this.

These questions come up:

Where have we thrown our moral values of old

Where have we thrown the mutual respect we use to have for ourselves

Why are most Nigerians ready to stay behind a mobile phone or a desktop computer to launch out attacks and abuse on others simply because they disagree with their own point of views

Must every one agree or support what you support or your own views.

Why are we suddenly becoming attackers and abusers instead of lovers of each other.

If we do this online why are we condemning bandits who attack physically and take away innocent people.

They attack physically but you attack and curse virtually.

Is it as a result of the economic and political situation of Nigeria.

In Facebook, I wrote a comment against a certain Apostle and his immediate reaction was to abuse and curse me. Then I pointed his attention to the title behind his name on Facebook and he went cold.

He apologized and even begged me in a private message.

It's likely you are reading this and you are just like this Apostle. You should know that everyone will not agree with your view. You are not God. Even God asks us to bring our strong reasons.

You should also understand that the law of sowing and reaping apply in all situations. If you curse or abuse anyone whether online or offline, you will get the rewards. It's a proven law.

Come to think of it, some people who launch out to attack others online behind a phone or computer are cowards. They won't be able to do that offline facing the person physically. That is a truth I know.

You should also understand that our world is also a digital one today. What you do online today can work against you tomorrow. A new employer can just come online to investigate you.

Let us stop this dangerous trend. Let us have mutual respect for each other.

Cowards abuse and curse people behind the phone but strong people respect others views and even write comments that uplift each other.

As usual, I am expecting some curses and abuses from reactions to this post (laugh) .

If this has touched you, let us read your comment. God bless you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by Nackzy: 6:04pm On Mar 19
Tribalism, fight between yoruba n igbos,

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by ebexofficial: 6:08pm On Mar 19
Many persons of this age are untrained and they are irrational in actions

4 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by budaatum: 6:55pm On Mar 19
We speak in tongues but our fruit is rotten, yet we believe heaven is our home without realising satan might be the gate people directing us to hell.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by RoyalBlu(f): 7:53pm On Mar 19
The chief word here should be 'amoral' I'm sure.
It's a sad situation really.

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19
ebexofficial:
Many persons of this age are untrained and they are irrational in actions

I agree completely
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19
budaatum:
We speak in tongues but our fruit is rotten, yet we believe heaven is our home without realising satan might be the gate people directing us to hell.

I agree.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22
RoyalBlu:
The chief word here should be 'amoral' I'm sure.
It's a sad situation really.

Very sad situation indeed my friend.
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by TimiRume(f): 6:48pm On Mar 22
This needs to make front page

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 9:23am On Mar 24
TimiRume:
This needs to make front page

Thank you. I believe it should too. Admin please look into this. Thank you for your comment.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by 9japride(m): 9:38am On Mar 24
JobZoneNews:
I am writing this with all sense of worry for what has become a normal and dangerous trends among most Nigerians especially those of us using social media platforms.

We have tried to raise a campaign against this and to educate some people we found commiting this moral and social crime.

What's the crime?

Have you not observed that most Nigerian social media users are always quick to abuse and curse others on social media. It's also very common here on naira land. It's the order of the day on Facebook.

Sometimes ago, I got worried and I felt in our own way we should begin to do something about this.

These questions come up:

Why are most Nigerians ready to stay behind a mobile phone or a desktop computer to launch out attacks and abuse on others simply because they disagree with their own point of views

Why are we suddenly becoming attackers and abusers instead of lovers of each other.

If we do this online why are we condemning bandits who attack physically and take away innocent people.

In Facebook, I wrote a comment against a certain Apostle and his immediate reaction was to abuse and curse me. Then I pointed his attention to the title behind his name on Facebook and he went cold.

It's likely you are reading this and you are just like this Apostle. You should know that everyone will not agree with your view. You are not God. Even God asks us to bring our strong reasons.

You should also understand that the law of sowing and reaping apply in all situations. If you curse or abuse anyone whether online or offline, you will get the rewards. It's a proven law.

Come to think of it, some people who launch out to attack others online behind a phone or computer are cowards. They won't be able to do that offline facing the person physically. That is a truth I know.

You should also understand that our world is also a digital one today. What you do online today can work against you tomorrow. A new employer can just come online to investigate you.

Cowards abuse and curse people behind the phone but strong people respect others views and even write comments that uplift each other.

As usual, I am expecting some curses and abuses from reactions to this post (laugh) .

[color=#006600][/color]

Please don't bother yourself about anyone changing. Most of those who insult people anyhow are product of corrupt politicians/civil servants, thugs, hookup moms, harden cultist etc.
How can those set of people instil good morals?

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by Jakumo(m): 10:23am On Mar 24
JobZoneNews:

What's the crime?

These questions come up:

If this website belonged to me all would-be contributors to political discourse would me constitutionally mandated to send blood test result photocopies to PROVE they have smoked, vaporized, or eaten medical marijuana within the 24 hours preceding the day they intend to post any comment on Nairaland.

Yes sir indeed, you heard me right. Proven stoners with documented blood test credentials would be the ONLY writers who would be allowed to post opinions on any section of the forum. The reason for this systematic stoner selection process is that stoners are mellow and cool at all times, which means they NEVER get into petty little sissy-slapping contests with other forum readers, over race, tribe, or any other such asinine consideration.

Eliminate the drunkards and meth users, leaving only the stoners, anywhere that lasting peace is sought.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by helinues: 10:27am On Mar 24
Toh

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by helinues: 10:28am On Mar 24
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please don't bother yourself about anyone changing. Most of those who insult people anyhow are product of corrupt politicians/civil servants, thugs, hookup moms, harden cultist etc.

Funnily, those are the potential future leaders cos the politics is for such type

2 Likes

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by aljharem(m): 10:34am On Mar 24
The reality is that youths from a certain region are the ones doing this nonsense. Insults and curses

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by DevilsEqual(m): 10:51am On Mar 24
budaatum:

I no even dey understand u, U be Christiain or Buddhist??

No dey confuse me abeg
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by 9japride(m): 11:40am On Mar 24
helinues:

Funnily, those are the potential future leaders cos the politics is for such type
[color=#006600][/color]

That's true
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by DeLaRue: 1:28pm On Mar 24
As much as possible I avoid any and all situations where I would need to have a lengthy conversation or discussion with most people.

Just not worth it.

Too many are rude, impatient, discourteous, reckless, and aggressive.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You're right. How can a bad tree bring forth good fruits.

1 Like

Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25
helinues:

So sad it's such politics we operate in Nigeria.
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by JobZoneNews(m): 6:05pm On Mar 25
DeLaRue:
As much as possible I avoid any and all situations where I would need to have a lengthy conversation or discussion with most people.

Just not worth it.

Too many are rude, impatient, discourteous, reckless, and aggressive.

So sad that's the situation we found ourselves. It's good we still have some who are not following this wrong direction.
Re: A Dangerous Moral Trend Among Nigerians by 9japride(m): 7:46pm On Mar 25
JobZoneNews:

You're right. How can a bad tree bring forth good fruits.
[color=#006600][/color]

👍

(1) (Reply)

Ikwerre Vs Igbo Propagandas No Longer Effective - We Need Something New... / Where is our own News network? / Ogun Set To Return Schools To Original Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.