Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin (18952 Views)

Court Jails Six Yahoo Boys / Badeh: Court Jails Six NAF Personnel Attached To Late Air Chief Marshal / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:57am On Mar 20
Justice Evelyn Anyadike of the Federal High Court sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State, has jailed six internet fraudsters.

They were charged to court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Command, in continued efforts to sanitize Kwara and its environs of cybercrime and other related offenses.

The Convicts are Ismail Abdulbasit from Adavi Local Government Area of Kogi State; Oladipo Victor from Omu-Aran in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State and Ibrahim Oluwatosin from Ipetumodu in Osun State.

Others include Ayantola Segun Samuel from Omu-Aran in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State; Musbau Waris Atomo from Orolu Local Government Area of Osun State and one Babalola Rasaq Oluwadamilare from Ogun State.

The latest conviction brings to 30 the number of persons convicted from the 50 suspects which comprised 48 students of the Kwara State University, KWASU, and two residents of Malete that were arrested during a sting operation by operatives of the EFCC over internet fraud related offences on Wednesday, February 21, 2024.

They were convicted and sentenced to various jail terms on Tuesday, after the court found them guilty of the separate counts brought against them by the EFCC.

In one of the charges against the convicts, particulars of the charge sheet against Abdulbasit read; “That you, Ismail Abdulbasit between in February 2024 at Malete, Kwara State within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court, fraudulently impersonate one Jason Boone from United States of America with intent to gain advantage for yourself thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(2)(b)(ii) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc.) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 22 (2)(b) (iv) of the same Act”

In addition, the charge sheet against Victor reads; “That you, Oladipo Victor, sometime between July 2023 at Ilorin, Kwara State within the judicial division of the Federal High Court, did fraudulently impersonate one Barros-Andre vide your Instagram account: barros_andre_22 with the intent to obtain from one Emrah Yilmaz and did obtain the sum of EUR 300 through Skrill App with identity michatisya@gmail.com thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(2)(b)(ii) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc.) Act 2015 and punishable under Section 22 (2)(b) (iv) of the same Act.”

Upon their pleas, counsel to the EFCC, Innocent Mbachie and Charles Oni, reviewed the facts of the cases and tendered the statements of the defendants.

The prosecutor also tendered in evidence items recovered from the suspects at the point of arrest including the various sums of money, which they benefited from the unlawful activities which were not controverted by the defence.

In her judgment, Justice Anyadike ordered the trio of Ibrahim, Babalola and Oluwatosin to pay N200,000 fine each while ordering Oladipo, Ismail and Ayantola to pay a sum of N100,000 each as fine.

The judge also ordered that all phones which the convicts used as instruments of the crime and the money, which they brought as restitutions be forfeited to the Federal Government.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/20/again-court-jails-six-for-internet-fraud-in-ilorin/

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:58am On Mar 20
Don't Involve Yourself Into FRAUD, Is Very Bad

3 Likes

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by YoungLionken(m): 11:19am On Mar 20
You will never see any politician (the actual and master fraudsters) "jailed" except these younglings whose destinies have been reshaped negatively by the government...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by OgaTheTop2: 11:20am On Mar 20
When will court jail our thieving politicians

7 Likes

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by allabig(m): 11:20am On Mar 20
why na.maw them free them asap.
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by AllahOfBlood: 11:20am On Mar 20
wink

When will they arrest the senators who pocketed 50M each?

7 Likes

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by iCauseTrouble: 11:21am On Mar 20
When will they jail the chief yahoo boy? The builder of Lagos.
Agba yahoo

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Akpabio22: 11:21am On Mar 20
Leave working boy alone useless government

8 Likes

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by samuel19222(m): 11:21am On Mar 20
grin
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by omenka1: 11:21am On Mar 20
sad
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by iamtardey: 11:22am On Mar 20
Shey Gmail
Ma shey Yahoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Pablodreay890: 11:22am On Mar 20
Make una dey play. Feeding from the poor enriching the rich… Dis con3 don go ajeh
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Moyinoluwa35(f): 11:22am On Mar 20
Poor boys will poor money, where ur mate dey file for loan dey use ssn and numbers dey collect from id.me ..
If not for military 🪖 hmmm

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by superlanny(m): 11:22am On Mar 20
The country and its youths are a reflection of its leaders and politicians, gorilla no fit born goat and dog no fit born cat.

EFCC showing James Bond on small fish who are barely trying to survive in the wrong way and leave the original yahoo men and prolific thieves from time immemorial.

If you still believe Nigeria can be good or great in your time you must be mentally unstable and far from reality, I have stopped hoping for years now and I am certain Nigeria is doomed .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by johnog4sure: 11:23am On Mar 20
let me...do this
The other day one ignoramus person said "yahoo boys are very smart", I answered her by saying, there is nothing smart about, faking your identity then begging for dollars online, both are ignoble actions.
One time I was so broke and I asked one of my old friends for 15k(to complete my rent), that was when he had the audacity to tell to get an iphone and install mingles, I quickly tell him "you want me to do dating scam" he said "guy u even sabi this computer things pass us". Just about 2 weeks later I got a contract to build a bitcoin pooling site later one of my proposal to cbn was approved and within a year or so, I moved to a new apartment, bought a car, a plot of land and started my building project.
The society(Night clubs, music, car sellers vio/roadsafety, family, religious organization) should stop encouraging this young folks, there is nothing noble in dating scam, investment scams, altcoin scams, stealing people's facebook, whatsap identity etc. the way some of them suffer before they can make even 100 dollars, you will be wondering if it is by force to do crime, if they had put the same energy in any legit business, they would have probably be better of. There are many ways to earn legit online. Our UX/UI guy who just resumed 3 months ago just got another remote job and he is shuffling both, he averages nothing less than 300k monthly now.

11 Likes

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by shortgun(m): 11:23am On Mar 20
Tinubu has succeeded in influencing the youths in Nigeria negatively. Most youths in Nigeria now believe that all that matters is money in whatever way, they now believe in cutting corners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by harsysky(m): 11:23am On Mar 20

The pen is mightier than the sword. The yahoo boys' tactics are synonymous to using sword and that is why they are being jailed whereas our politicians use pen to steal and they are always free.

Advice: steal with pen according to the agbadorians

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Lucasinho(m): 11:23am On Mar 20
kiss
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Veste: 11:24am On Mar 20
And no political thief has been jailed in recent months 😞. Nigeria is a big joke. I pity those shouting " I'M PROUD OF NAIJA".
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by tuoyoojo(m): 11:25am On Mar 20
Another 6 bite the dust!!!
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Curdlebug(m): 11:26am On Mar 20
Nawa oo
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Oladhips(m): 11:27am On Mar 20
#SayNoToFraud

There are thousands ways to earn legitimate money online...

cry stop wasting your talent on internet fraud.
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Olatundex22(m): 11:27am On Mar 20
grin why all of them look alike Abi na camera 🎥. Well anyway say no to fraud

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Kingosytex(m): 11:27am On Mar 20
Nothing you wan tell me, EFCC is scared of Yahaya Bello grin
Sen. Ningi raised some alarm over padding but no arrests have been made. Over 90% of the unproductive, looting machines in the house have one form of corruption case or another but funnily, none of the has been put behind bars grin
If you wan steal for Naija, do it big. Even the police will be your orderly, take a look at your politicians, they are a testament to that fact grin
If you steal small, otilor grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Awoh55: 11:27am On Mar 20
That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Smithwilliams826: 11:28am On Mar 20
So if them no fit scam pple, them no go fit chop, pay rent, or bills. Which kind life be that? And them go still dey proud of themselves. They re so dumb
Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Treasure17(m): 11:28am On Mar 20
Ilorin and Abeokuta are the hub of yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin by Enculer2: 11:29am On Mar 20
Emilokans boys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Beats A 12-year-Old Girl Mercilessly For Stealing N200 From Him (Photos) / Cryptocurrency Miners Using Hacked Cloud Accounts, Google Warns / Nigerian ‘pirate’ Boss To Be Extradited To The Netherlands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.