Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" (25914 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Falz Bop Daddy Challenge: Immigration Threatens To Sack Employees / Nigerian Senior Lawyer Wears Tattered Wig & Robe To Court [he’s Pictured] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by tyup(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20
Strap:
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.

Who told you?? Are you allowing Hollywood get into you by chance??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ericmor: 6:47pm On Mar 20
helinues:

That's too personal. That you are in one position today don't mean you would be there tomorrow

It's the military and not the police. You need to respect your senior in the military. Latter now if u now start eating junior officers disrespecting the senior ones anyhow, it still the same you that will come here and abuse them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Truvelisback(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20
The senior officer, i mean sir, just degraded himself. He shouldn't have allowed this minor issue(even though it may be disrespectful) get to the public. He should have handled the issue privately or offline. Na he has given civillians the tongues to wag.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by 1972xy: 6:51pm On Mar 20
Nigeria Army has lost it all. They have lost their decorum. Where is their professionalism?
No wonder the civilians see them as toothless bulldog.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Urgent1Million: 6:51pm On Mar 20
CorrectionFLuid:
Every police man na officer I dey call them o. Lol.

I dey avoid army people. I don't believe they are okay.
That's why it irritates them if a fellow military man addresses them as "officer" because it's the general way civilians address them irrespective of their ranks.
In the military, you are expected to address others by their rank or use "sir" if they are your superior.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by jumper524(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20
Racoon:
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.
I pity who wan educate you.
Only you criticize still complain about your criticism.
Only those who don't know you don't have a life outside nairaland would complain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Hanndye: 6:54pm On Mar 20
Strap:
Bros in the the US Army they don't take all this serious.it as bad as they don't even salute senior officers unlike nigeria.
You talking about one of the most disciplined force in the world oo. I wonder where you got your idea from.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by rigarmortis: 6:54pm On Mar 20
Ordinary lieutenant dey form muscle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Truvelisback(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20
Strap:
They do. The military don't joke with ranks. You must respect your senior officers irrespective of the age differences.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Urgent1Million: 6:55pm On Mar 20
Truvelisback:
The senior officer, i mean sir, just degraded himself. [b]He shouldn't have allowed this minor issue(even though it may be disrespectful) get to the public. [/b]He should have handled the issue privately or offline. Na he has given civillians the tongues to wag.
Unfortunately, the issue is not a minor one at all.
Civilians address them as "officer" irrespective of their rank and you expect them to take same from their juniors in the military.
It's a very big deal for them.
The Lieutenant most likely passed through SSC. If you see what these soldiers do to them during training, you'll not blame any commissioned military officer who's mean to soldiers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Calitoscassius(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20
Melagros:
COMRADES this is unethical and unacceptable especially in African settings, you can't address your superior like that
Even in the office, do you call your manager by their names?
Yes, i call my managers by their names. What da fork else should i call them by? undecided
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by UncleKoboko: 6:59pm On Mar 20
Racoon:
What has addressing you with your rank caused you- demotes or elevates you? This is sheer display of arrogancy and inferiority complex.You can't be a gentleman office even among your subordinates. A course they taught them in the NDA.

Perhaps the officer should go to the battle field to enable BH terrorists help him assert the peeps rank he is bragging about. What nonsense! Discipline have really degenerated in the military.
Shùp up with your nonsense

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by pastie(m): 7:01pm On Mar 20
geoworldedu:
Someone called me Doctor mistakenly and I lovingly told her, Don't do that, I'm a BACHELOR cheesy

Bachelor of Science

Luckily for me, she was a spinster too.

Now she's my wife grin

hehehehe what a love story. she must be godsend
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Calitoscassius(m): 7:02pm On Mar 20
CorrectionFLuid:

Army people are definitely mentally ill, i mean, why would a normal human being join the Army to carry guns and shoot people? This is why most of them has post war mental illness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20
Nigerian soldiers can over do eh....na so one wey say him na naval cadet....claim to tap her babe voice notes n begin threaten me say i dey toast him babe oo....
When i para n show who i be.....him shock n pipe low...

What will even make a senior officer begin para just becos of name calling....naija sef tire me
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by babyfaceafrica: 7:03pm On Mar 20
It's everywhere, ranking is a serious issue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Wallade(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20
ConfidentialDoc:
Let the junior officer try that in the US army....

In fact, the behavior of the junior officer is disrespectful in view of all Armed Forces all over the world.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Truvelisback(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20
Urgent1Million:

Unfortunately, the issue is not a minor one at all.
Civilians address them as "officer" irrespective of their rank and you expect them to take same from their juniors in the military.
It's a very big deal for them.
The Lieutenant most likely passed through SSC. If you see what these soldiers do to them during training, you'll not blame any commissioned military officer who's mean to soldiers.
I called it minor not because it isn't disrespectful but because he brought it to the public. He could have handled this within his unit. Most civillians would see it as a minor thing that he shouldn't over reacted.
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Chasito(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20
Army people too dey get anger issues, always aggressive, avoid them at all cost o cheesy
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Pootle: 7:27pm On Mar 20
i like the part that officer said YOU THE STRONGEST MAN FROM YOUR VILLAGE grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Galadimabawa: 7:30pm On Mar 20
ConfidentialDoc:
Let the junior officer try that in the US army....
the senior officer you mean?
( cus I have seen the British royal army junior addressing his senior with his rank and name, in fact sending his senior to pickup something for him, and they do that with ease.)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by CharleyBright(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20
Racoon:

Don't put your mouth in what I don't understand.
The Military have their rules and standards. You don't call your seniors in the army officer.
The civilians and the general public can call you officer, but you don't do that knowing the standard required of you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20
Racoon:

This same ignorance and self contradiction you always exhibit in your comments on political matters.

In military circle a junior cannot refer to his senior as ‘Officer’. It is gross indiscipline. And as ignorant as you are, you are referring to the senior’s reaction as an act of ‘indiscipline’. Shows you don’t even know what indiscipline is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20
CorrectionFLuid:

As a civilian they will gladly accept it from you. But in military circle it’s not allowed from a junior to a senior

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Collins4u1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20
Melagros:
COMRADES this is unethical and unacceptable especially in African settings, you can't address your superior like that

You're still living in 19th century.
travel out and see

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by alphaNomega: 7:47pm On Mar 20
Bullet no sabi rank
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by alphaNomega: 7:48pm On Mar 20
Melagros:

"Landlord, travel and see..." grin
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by ellizy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20
Every task has it own ethics.. It really sound disrectful for a soilder to address an officer not even second luthenant as OFFICER.
THE ARMY IS A FORCE WITH HIGH LEVEL OF DISCIPLINE.
I served in the barracks during my NYSC days so that brought me to the light of their work ethics...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Faithful007: 7:49pm On Mar 20
Strap:
Its not true oh. Although the dude in the video is now taking things too far by making threats. He just had to correct the error and that's it.

In the US military, the senior officer will likely correct you strictly, although some may not care. Real trouble only starts when you act stubborn.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by Dskillful(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20
Very old video
Something of 2022
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by goodyvin02(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20
KingAzubuike:
Na only colitos dey get this kind mentality. The RC guys don't behave this way

Can he address a regular as just officer?
When he is not mad. Them go just dey disrespect these colitos anyhow
Re: Nigerian Senior Soldier Threatens Junior For Addressing Him As "Officer" by koboko69: 8:18pm On Mar 20
Strap:

U say what?
US officers wey go cause ur mama join sef. Chia! And una dey watch military movies abi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.