Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) (2579 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Rahab The Harlot Is NOT In The Lineage Of The Messiah...proof! / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Acidosis(m): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2011
Proverbs 7:10
'' and behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, ''
The bible clearly recognised the fact that there are particular kinds of dresses for harlots. I'm writing this so all our women can read and understand that christianity do not only lie in the mind but physical appearance as many christians have been brainwashed by this fallacy. How can you dress provocatively and say, ''oh christianity is ones mindset''?
A pros titute is a person whose main product is the body. The dress of a pros titute advertises the sensitive parts of the body in other to enhance the market value (not only in the hotels, streets). The dress of a harlot is a dress that puts potential customers under pressure. The attire of an harlot is the dress that is revealling, suggestive, seductive and provocative. So many ra.pe incidence today is as a result of provocative dresses.
I wish I could go on and on writing, but I'll appreciate comments varying from who an harlot is (other meanings) and how a christian lady should dress.
Lastly, the way you're dressed is stopping someone from coming to church and you'll give account of people's soul you stopped on the last day!
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
Dressing should cover unclothedness, both male and female. If unclothedness is not covered, the the purpose of dressing has been defeated. Now, na.kedness means many things to many people unfortunately. But a cursory glance at a mad person shows you what na.kedness is. Devils love to go against God, twist God's purpose, and make us behave inhumane. So you'll see a mad person dress provocatively or not dress at all. It's that mad spirit operating on many people today, they do need real deliverance in this case, not all those 'jeun jeun deliverance' that we often hear of.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
Why did god create us naked then?. Was it a mistake on his part? How about animals, are they also guilty of sin by living their lives naked?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
Acidosis:

Proverbs 7:10
'' and behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, ''
The bible clearly recognised the fact that there are particular kinds of dresses for harlots. I'm writing this so all our women can read and understand that christianity do not only lie in the mind but physical appearance as many christians have been brainwashed by this fallacy. How can you dress provocatively and say, ''oh christianity is ones mindset''?
A pros titute is a person whose main product is the body. The dress of a pros titute advertises the sensitive parts of the body in other to enhance the market value (not only in the hotels, streets). The dress of a harlot is a dress that puts potential customers under pressure. The attire of an harlot is the dress that is revealling, suggestive, seductive and provocative. So many ra.pe incidence today is as a result of provocative dresses.
I wish I could go on and on writing, but I'll appreciate comments varying from who an harlot is (other meanings) and how a christian lady should dress.
Lastly, the way you're dressed is stopping someone from coming to church and you'll give account of people's soul you stopped on the last day!
"Provocative" ? "Under pressure" ? You mean an erection? (lol)
Its always easy to blame others for our weaknesses.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
plaetton:

Why did god create us Unclad then?. Was it a mistake on his part? How about animals, are they also guilty of sin by living their lives Unclad?

If you are not a dullard, you'll see that the same book that says God created man nake.d also clothed man.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
Image123:

If you are not a dullard, you'll see that the same book that says God created man nake.d also clothed man.

And why? was he ashamed of the same unclothedness that he created? Does not make sense. And why did he leave animals unclad?
Why would a wise and all-knowing creator created man naked and then say "oops" I have to cover you up" ?
An by the way, you are freee to criticise my opinions, but name calling is a sign of immaturity. Did I touch a nerve ?
If other people's dressing puts you under undue pressure(lol), put the blame where it belongs, on yourself or on your creator who ave you hormones. Stop stop blaming women for your weaknesses. Its cowardly. Rather, confront yourself.
The greatest conquest is the conquest of self.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 16, 2011
a woman who sleeps with her boyfriend out of wedlock.
Wait undecided . . . By that definition . . . Every Gir- shocked . . . . grin
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2011
^ ^ thats what I think
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
plaetton:

And why? was he ashamed of the same unclothedness that he created? Does not make sense. And why did he leave animals unclad?
Why would a wise and all-knowing creator created man Unclad and then say "oops" I have to cover you up" ?
An by the way, you are freee to criticise my opinions, but name calling is a sign of immaturity. Did I touch a nerve ?
If other people's dressing puts you under undue pressure(lol), put the blame where it belongs, on yourself or on your creator who ave you hormones. Stop stop blaming women for your weaknesses. Its cowardly. Rather, confront yourself.
The greatest conquest is the conquest of self.
When/if you grow up, it would make sense to you. Most of the stuff i know now from school couldn't make sense to me if i was 4years old, or if i was my pet.
If you were breathing properly while reading that book, you'd have noticed that it was man that was ashamed, not God. And that man made a shoddy work of clothing himself before God helped him out, and made him coats of skin instead of fig leaves. Now, i don't think i'm insulting you but i'm quite sorry if you feel that way. Seems you're not familiar with 'IF-THEN' statements. I thought "if you're not a dullard" meant different to "you are a dullard". Accept my apologies anyway.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
BTW, what is 'conquest of self', and have you conquered yourself?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by HISchild: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." -1 Pet 3:1-4

though, the "beholder" or he/she who looks has an equal responsibility not to look lustfully, remove your eyes to avoid sin: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matt 5:28. 

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." - Matt 18:9

"Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied." - Prov 27:20

therefore, "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." - Matt 26:41 (watch = look = read, i.e. read the living word of GOD, and pray without ceasing 1 thess 5:17)
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2011
Image123:

BTW, what is 'conquest of self', and have you conquered yourself?

Hey, its a work in progress. Sometimes its the effort that counts.

Apology accepted. smiley
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by rotciv2011(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
Immodest dressing is a real plague that affects both guys and ladies. Even without the provisions of scripture, provocative dressing exposes a lack of common sense.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
plaetton:

Hey, its a work in progress. Sometimes its the effort that counts.

Apology accepted. smiley
News is that it's a work that's impossible, no man can conquer himself. There's no point conquering self BTW. Self must die, that's God's prescription.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2011
Impossible? If you cannot conquer yourself(your passions, your lusts your prejudices), how then do you ever hope to enter the kingdom of god? We all hope to enter the kingdom of god,despite the fact that Jesus is easier for a camel to go through a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god.
We all want to make it to heaven despite the belief that only 144,000 will make it to heaven.
Its better to try and fail than not to try at all.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2011
So, have you seen anyone who's conquered himself/herself? What are the steps to conquer one's self?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
Throughout History, men and women who have achieved the conquest of self have left their marks on humanity.I am not watching out for people who have conquered self, so I could not point them out to you.
You'll have to find that out yourself.
(hint): Desires
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by rotciv2011(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2011
@plaetton and @image123, you guys are skirting round the same idea but from different worlds. I bliv image123 is trying to explain a spiritual concept while plaetton is seeing it from the angle of philosophy. If we go by the Bible, no man can naturally 'conquer' himself. He needs to DIE to his natural self.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by rotciv2011(m): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2011
@plaetton and @image123, you guys are skirting round the same idea but from different worlds. I bliv image123 is trying to explain a spiritual concept while plaetton is seeing it from the angle of philosophy. If we go by the Bible, no man can naturally 'conquer' himself. He needs to DIE to his natural self, so that the life of God becomes fully manifest in him. And this death to self is not explained by a human effort to live by a set of moral codes, it is the product of an encounter with the Holy Spirit. And, of course, this whole idea is irrelevant unless we begin from the point of salvation.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
rotciv2011:

@plaetton and @image123, you guys are skirting round the same idea but from different worlds. I bliv image123 is trying to explain a spiritual concept while plaetton is seeing it from the angle of philosophy. If we go by the Bible, no man can naturally 'conquer' himself. He needs to DIE to his natural self, so that the life of God becomes fully manifest in him. And this death to self is not explained by a human effort to live by a set of moral codes, it is the product of an encounter with the Holy Spirit. And, of course, this whole idea is irrelevant unless we begin from the point of salvation.

Yes we are probably aproaching the same issue from different perspectives. That is ok. He is approaching it from a religious point of view,not necessarily spiritual. Spirituality and religion are not one and the same. Just wanted to point that out.
Since I'm not religious, I choose a different path. For me the first path to begins with conquering my base desires, and not by accepting any faith .
Though I prefer not to debate anything from a spiritual perspective because spiritual issues are subjective.

Other than that, I'm in full agreement.
Thank you
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2011
plaetton:

Throughout History, men and women who have achieved the conquest of self have left their marks on humanity.I am not watching out for people who have conquered self, so I could not point them out to you.
You'll have to find that out yourself.
(hint): Desires
Hmmm, so you've never seen or known anyone who has conquered himself?
What are the steps to conquest of self, plain lucid maybe numbered steps?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 1:21am On Nov 17, 2011
Image123:

Hmmm, so you've never seen or known anyone who has conquered himself?
What are the steps to conquest of self, plain lucid maybe numbered steps?

Find a library and pitch a tent.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 9:33am On Nov 17, 2011
^que 'est que c'est?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Sweetnecta: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2011
@2buff and acidosis: « #6 on: Yesterday at 12:45:16 AM »
[Quote]a woman who sleeps with her boyfriend out of wedlock.
Wait Undecided . . . By that definition . . . Every Gir- Shocked . . . . Grin
Report to moderator Logged
Plug n' Play
Acidosis (m)
Nairaland was created because of me!

Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot)
« #7 on: Yesterday at 07:40:17 AM »

^ ^ thats what I think[/Quote]And the man who sleeps with her or the man she sleeps with is not also a harlot? Of course he is. But are on the same platform. You guys should not reward the man and blame the woman. I thought you will do better than the Bible that puts the blames, always on the woman. Well. It is man that write the Bible, even the book of Ruth and others. You are not too buffed up to think about this, 2buff and you are not over do[sis] on acid to realize this, acidosis. men need to respect women. If she allows you to be with her, you are both equally responsible; both harlots.
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
Image123:

^que 'est que c'est?

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Good luck. cheesy
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by Image123(m): 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2011
plaetton:

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Good luck. cheesy
A lost person does not go on a journey of a thousand miles. It seems you literally misplaced/lost me, can you be gracious and merciful to answer my questions?
Re: The Biblical Definition Of A Pros Titute (harlot) by plaetton: 12:35am On Nov 18, 2011
What then does a lost person do?
and what answers do I owe you? You lost me there too

(1) (Reply)

John Hagee With Benny Hinn: Praying For War In The Name Of Jesus Start From 1:02 / Nairaland Forum 2015 Watch-night Service / How My Friend Found Himself In The Middle Of A Body-Parts Market In Lekki, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.