Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? (872 Views)

Akpabio's Extravagance And Misplaced Priorities In Akwa Ibom State / Jonathan And His Misplaced Priorities-Akwa Ibom Staduim Opening / Death Of Shekau: Misplaced Priorities On NL Politics Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by texazzpete(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2007
Go through this politics thread. while several are focused on Nigeria, only a trickle are focused on the well-being of our own continent. Pro- and Anti- americanism has become the latest fad now, and people now prefer to focus their articles and attention on the US, the Western world and tales of corruption.

An opposition candidate just won the presidential elections in Sierra Leone, beating the incumbent (a feat nearly impossible in Nigeria). Any article on it? No!

Murder and rape continue in Darfur. Any attention to it? Minimal

A famous aid worker cries out that rape in Congo is far worse than the darfur region. Any article on it? No.

fresh outbreak on Ebola Virus in east africa. Western nations scramble to contain the deadly disease. any article on it? No.

Al Qaeda exhorting suicide bombing in Somalia. Any reports? No

We've had articles calling for people to show concern for the numbers of dead in Iraq. How many talk about the estimated 1 million children that die from malaria? The only major article that refers to another african country is one designed to diss South Africa, our 'rival'.

When people feel that analysing the money used to build the US embassy in Iraq is far more interesting than reporting the recent Ebola outbreak in East Africa, then we need to wonder what our priorities are.

I'm willing to bet that most people here think that the most pressing african issue at the moment is who wins Big Brother Africa 2. Unfortunate.

The Somalia case is a clear and pathetic analogy. A Christian Country (USA) invaded a muslim country (Iraq) and now things have degenerated into chaos. THAT gets maximum airplay on Nairaland.
A Christian Country (Ethiopia) invaded a largely muslim country (Somalia). Things are degenerating into chaos (already a few suicide bombers, al qaeda 'troops' on the way for more). No eyebrows raised in nairaland.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by denex: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2007
When Nigerians on Nairaland will chose to name themselves after states in the USA or Cartoon Characters of the USA propaganda machine, how can they concentrate on much else than Americanism.

Till we begin to see Ndjamena-pete and Ikoyi-pete, these things will remain the same because the people who are complaining don't even know that they are the worst culprits.

Bye-bye.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by texazzpete(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2007
Ah. I'm not surprised you're the first to reply, or that yo reply with yor usual lack of logic.
How does the username i go by relate to the issues i just brought up? how AFRICAN does 'denex' even sound?
FYI, the 'Cartoon Characters of the USA propaganda machine' you refer to happens to be SuperTed, and that cartoon is of Spanish origin. Don't be a dolt.

I actually said an untruth just now. You see, your reply actually did surprise me. usually i think of you as an enthusiatic but misguided person who perhaps has a personal reason behind the deep-seated animosity towards the western world that you display.
Yeah, normally enthusiastic, misguided and intrinsically biased.
Your reply, however, was just plain silly. My article called for sober reflection and did not target anybody in particular. At least i tried to encapsulate many of the sufferings of the people of Africa in one article. By deliberately sidetracking all these raised issues and choosing to attack my personality with an utterly childish and illogical argument you prove yourself impervious to the issues concerning the black continent.

Keep posting your asinine comments. Someone out there, way smarter than yourself will contribute meaningfully to this topic. If not, i remain vindicated.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by angel101(f): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2007
@ poster
can u sir, please post on whatever interests u and let others do same, thanks
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by denex: 10:48am On Sep 20, 2007
@tex-ass

Murder and sex attack in Darfur

Murder and sex attack in Congo

Ebola Virus in East Africa

Al Qaeda in Somalia

1 million children dead from Malaria

Attack of Somalia by Ethiopia (which you forget to mention that your USA mobilised and even carried out some bombings itself).

How can you ever see anything good in Africa Mr Texaspete?

Or you want to remind me that you mentioned that there were elections in Sierra Leone and somebody won?

How come you forget to mention too that after a struggle that Nigeria carried on for years, there is now democracy in Sierra Leone.

For your information, I posted about that 2 days ago. Which you refused to see.

Just yesterday we were posting on a thread about Africa before slavery. You have no recollection of that do you?
With your selective eye-sight.

By saying denex does not sound African, somebody like you will still say that Lekki does not sound African. You must hear something like "wagalamuzalagumba" or some other jaw breaking jargon before you agree that it sounds African. I'm certain that you'd like to see Nigeria renamed "Uzalamungabagazagakumba"

Just admit it. Everything you see in Africa is bad or primitive.

You hate God for making you African and despise other Africans. Even if God can meet you halfway by making you Arab, you'll worship him beyond eternity.

Your mindstate is so twisted that even on a thread about racism and oppression against African Americans, you turned on somebody that was advocating counter-action against the racial terrorists.

You're nothing but a House Nigger who thinks that by serving the Master with his last drop of blood and by keeping the Field Niggers in check, he may one day become like the master himself.

One day you'll discover your true identity and that you have no place on your Master's table, perhaps at age 90 or at your death. But for now, you can keep trying Mr Texaspete. Who knows? It happened to Michael Jackson, who could be next?

E FIT BE YOU O!
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Tornadoz(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2007
Is this not the same texazzpete that applauds every action of America in most topics? Is there any topic that remotely discusses America that texazzpete is not involved? Am not surprised he's bemoaning lack of interest of Nairalanders regarding African issues. Perpetual rank hypocrisy I say. My friend you forgo a certain freedom of thought as long as you remain such an ardent supporter of Bush and western influence, spending 90% of your nairaland time defending America, what a hypocrite. What next,
Davidylan complaining of lack of support for Iraqi civilians or babyosisi advocating fair play to "Muslim Youth Organisation"?
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by denex: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
He said people are coming to vindicate him because they are more intelligent than myself.

He even said that if nobody comes, by that action too, they have vindicated him too. How convenient. People post, he's vindicated. People don't post, he's vindicated all the same.

Maybe he thinks he's addressing those illiterate texas redneck cattle rearers.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by tonia2000(f): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
@poster
What do u mean,are u here to attack or contribute,pls be focused
cheesy
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Afam(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2007
Well, it seems that events are proving those that highlight the atrocities of the West right and the poster needs a distraction.

All in all, the average Nigerian likes to advice others but hates to take advice for any reason whatsoever.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Iman3(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-74879.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12179.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-54683.0.html

See the amount of responses threads on Darfur get.The usual suspects-Afam,Denex and Tornadoz-will never contribute to such topics since they can't find a way to blame America
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Afam(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2007
I-man:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-74879.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12179.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-54683.0.html

See the amount of responses threads on Darfur get.The usual suspects-Afam,Denex and Tornadoz-will never contribute to such topics since they can't find a way to blame America

If I call you a slowpoke now you will start to riot but honestly I can't find a better word to use in this situation.

So, I must respond to a thread on Darfur, is that your point? I am highly disappointed. Sometimes you just type without thinking.

By the way the only time you are not making jokes with your one liners is when you are all out to defend the West, right or wrong? And I am supposed to take you serious?

Meanwhile, when are you going back to your original ID of 4Play as Davidylan has reclaimed his former ID and has dumped PTH.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Iman3(m): 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
@Afam

You are an imbecille.Nobody cares who you take seriously.

Why are Africans seemingly interested in foreign affairs uninterested in events on the continent?Their interests solely resides in the Middle-East,strangely they are not Middle-Easterners.

It is pertinent to point out that people from the Middle-East are not interested in our affairs.We have more burning issues to contend with on the continent but we prefer to hyperventillate about issues and people that don't affect or care about us.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2007
I-man:

@Afam

Why are Africans seemingly interested in foreign affairs uninterested in events on the continent?Their interests solely resides in the Middle-East,strangely they are not Middle-Easterners.

Perhaps because it is impossible to blame Bush or Dick Cheney for the show of shame that Africa has become?
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by denex: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2007
Besides Nigeria, the next country that discusses Nigerian issues the most is the USA. Followed by Britain and South Africa.

So maybe if I discuss Nigerian issues the most, followed by issues of the USA, Britain, South Africa and Ghana in that respective order, maybe I'm not entirely out of place. Perhaps I'm not totally out of order.

Please ponder this.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by ono(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2007
Denex,
Maybe, just maybe.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Afam(m): 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
@I-man formerly 4Play,

I-man:

@Afam

It is pertinent to point out that people from the Middle-East are not interested in our affairs.We have more burning issues to contend with on the continent but we prefer to hyperventillate about issues and people that don't affect or care about us.

Your response above shows you care about who I take seriously or have you stopped thinking with your brain abi na your left hand you dey take think these days?

Keep changing identities online, typical character of a scammer, shameless pig.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by BigB11(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2007
@topic:

I see where you're coming from and I totally agree with you; but Nigeria happens to be a very big country full of major issues eg: Corruption, Political homicide, Employment crisis, HIV, Harm robberies, 419, Low standard of education, Poverty, Constant power failure, Lack of water supply, Lack of medical supply, Kidnapping, Boxing fight in the middle of House of Reps and many many more. I mean, we can go ahead and write a book daily discussing issues Nigeria as a country is up against.
Furthemore, most of these folks feel more adequate and comfortable discussing issues around them and as we all know majority are from United States and Nigeria.

Hence, it will not be fair to castigate these folks for dedicating 100% of their attention discussing major obstacles their fathers' land is facing on a regular or that are affecting them directly.

Moreover, it is never a bad idea to send a recommendation to Mr Nairaland, to further simplify the website by  sub-categorizing the politics section into various parts eg: Nigerian politics, African Politics, United States politics, European politics, World politics.
I believe this will definitely encourage people to also address issues other countries have to tackle on a regular basis.
Re: Nigerians In The Politics Thread: Misplaced Priorities? by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 24, 2007
@texazpeete

Nice job cooking up a lie. US invading Iraq is not analogous to Ethiopia invading Somalia and by the way, there has been chaos in Somalia way before Ethiopia invaded and left. Can you say the same for the US in Iraq?

If you wish to discuss Ethiopia, Somalia, Darfur, Ebola virus in East Africa, you know where the "New Thread" button is, freaking click on it. People discuss what they wish to discuss, get your priorities right, if you wish to discuss Darfur, start a thread on it and bring up a topic worth discussing.

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Okays N45b For Nigerian Roads / Kudos Governor Fashola, But: / Nipp Projects 75% Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.