Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? (30727 Views)

#steeringwheelchallenge: Drop The Photo Of Your Steering Wheel / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / How Do You Hold And Use Your Gear Selector? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Idaytesj29(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23
brain54:
I do all of the above...

Depends on mood and which one or how comfortable I am at the moment!

Same here. As well as the condition of the road, the speed I am on and people I have in the car or the kind of jamz I am listening 🎧 to
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Mandate1: 3:37pm On Mar 23
sacrono:
First one is very comfortable.

The 'ideal' one is difficult to maintain especially if you're in annoying traffic.
ironically I started driving with the right method, so I can barely do it the wrong way now.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Mandate1: 3:39pm On Mar 23
yesloaded:
It depends although 3 9 o'clock is recommended but I rarely use it

When the road is free, I use 1 hand most time even on the highway
what you learn with will determine what you'll use always. I find it uncomfortable not using the 3/9 method.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Sokari29: 3:40pm On Mar 23
The only question wey I get na who tell the person wey say to use two hands hold the steering that way na en be the best and why him feel say na him own be the best.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by kupex50(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23
Just know that we move car in Nigeria or Africa at large. If you watch driving in oyibo movies, you will know why the picture is right.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by CaptainFM1: 3:50pm On Mar 23
I even use one finger sometimes when I'm tired.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by bluefilm: 4:10pm On Mar 23
I go driverless

So I just hold my bitch
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by saveman91(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23
My style no de here...o right hand on the steering while my left hand on the door, some times i use my right on the gear while my left hand on the steering
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by NaijaCover(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23
Hustle And Drive Your Car Well
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by femi4: 4:13pm On Mar 23
lekkyy:
How to Hold your Steering Wheel

Drive Safe my Nairalanders

10 mins to 2
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by yesloaded: 4:17pm On Mar 23
Mandate1:
what you learn with will determine what you'll use always. I find it uncomfortable not using the 3/9 method.

Na 3/9 o'clock my instructor used o but due to me watching drivers for many years, it makes things easier for me

Funny enough, na main road I used on day 1 & expressway on day 2, day 3 na combination of highway and main road but I gat many years of road usage as a bike owner before I bought my first car sha (used bike for some years so I gat confidence for road)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:18pm On Mar 23
I rest one hand on the door and use the other hand to drive.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:22pm On Mar 23
yesloaded:

Na 3/9 o'clock my instructor used o but due to me watching drivers for many years, it makes things easier for me

Funny enough, na main road I used on day 1 & expressway on day 2, day 3 na combination of highway and main road but I gat many years of road usage as a bike owner before I bought my first car sha (used bike for some years so I gat confidence for road)

I started driving on main road from day one, na only once person follow me for inside the car.

Since then I drove it myself without any guide, and now I'm a pro.

Few days ago I drove with the guy that instructed me on my first driving years ago and he was like, guy you be rough rider, you suppose go dey do crosser for border.

I think having your own car also help in fast tracking how you learn it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by yesloaded: 4:25pm On Mar 23
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

I started driving on main road from day one, na only once person follow me for inside the car.

Since then I drove it myself without any guide, and now I'm a pro.

Few days ago I drove with the guy that instructed me on my first driving years ago and he was like, guy you be rough rider, you suppose go dey do crosser for border.

I think having your own car also help in fast tracking how you learn it.

Correct
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by haphizz57(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23
All of d abv
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:27pm On Mar 23
djmickymouse:

E get the style wey no dey here sef, right hand ontop of the steering while the left is on the door

Real nigga, you sabi!

Come dey jam one cool song wey get better bazz or surrounding, that hand is for giving all those way ray drivers 🖐️ when they driver their usual rubb ish on the road.

🤝

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by razzydoo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 23
How do you hold this?

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by habeebobalola(m): 4:34pm On Mar 23
Thank God I no get car, I for don die by accident naw.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Ubanz: 4:39pm On Mar 23
I do 10 to 10.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Uniquekriss(m): 4:48pm On Mar 23
Counting from left to right, number 4 is my best style
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by educatedfool: 4:55pm On Mar 23
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
As the spirit leads...

I could assume any position depending on the terrain, my speed, environment and traffic flow.

In a typical December traffic where an inch of space is precious, I retract my side mirrors and assume the last position while sitting bolt upright.

The topmost right hand side position is far too awkward.
I would never descend that low, on my sworn honour.
grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by stephenponti(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23
Steering Knob

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by RealEmilokan: 5:11pm On Mar 23
The first image is my style anytime any day 24/7; even while I traveled across states in Nigeria.

... And then I travel out of Nigeria and realised that we do everything in my country like animals and live like animals without regard for life.

I have realised that life is sweet and precious, thereby naturally switching to 10/10 system of holding the steering so I can last. The roads in Europe are mostly zigzag and you only have a soft grip of your steering in traffic or in a residential area.

You can't be a good driver without holding your steering correctly.
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by 77up(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23
lekkyy:
How to Hold your Steering Wheel

Drive Safe my Nairalanders

I can only hold it like the green when I'm on speed but if not , it can be any of those image
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by 701adeyemo: 6:51pm On Mar 23
With one hand naa!All the pictures there are old style.With one hand naa!All the pictures there are old style....
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by holyfather(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23
Topmost left for relaxed mood
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by tachia406: 6:58pm On Mar 23
grin grin
djmickymouse:

E get the style wey no dey here sef, right hand ontop of the steering while the left is on the door

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by DominantBeing(f): 7:15pm On Mar 23
MMWandali:
At some point one will need to hold the steering wheel as shown in all the positions

Depending on the need of the particular moment

But driving head on and maintaining a lane, it's the one shown to be correct
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Slimwhyt(m): 7:39pm On Mar 23
Anyone na way jare, as long as e dey turn the tyres
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by 99thEnemy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23
obinna58:
I no use pass one hand except on highways
Why the difference on highways grin
Re: How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? by Ndidi2: 8:01pm On Mar 23
MrJames007:
I hold it with left or right hand while I rest one hand on anything.

I'm not comfortable holding the wheel with both hands no matter what speed I'm at.
exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. / Defiant Driver Gets Stuck Inside galadimawa Flood After Ignoring Advise In abuja / Bus Bursts Into Flames On Third Mainland Bridge (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.