Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? (45270 Views)

Check Out What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Your Birth Month Says About You / What Is Your Birth Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by MyAmericandream(f): 6:11am On Apr 07
Negroid001:
I'm a millenial.
E remain small, i for be gen z.

Gen z blood go still dey your body no how

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by MyAmericandream(f): 6:12am On Apr 07
GalaxyStones:
The millennial....

The Most beautiful and sane generation

We just too make sense. The best generation so far.

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Awoleesu(m): 6:25am On Apr 07
Toks2008:

Very disrespectful generation. angry

I concur
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Rejoice28(f): 6:49am On Apr 07
Gen Z

Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Icon4s(m): 7:06am On Apr 07
Toks2008:
Generations are typically categorized based on shared birth years and common life experiences. While there can be variations and overlap, here are some commonly recognized generations:

1. Silent Generation (The Builders): Born roughly between 1928 and 1945, the Silent Generation came of age during a period marked by significant global events like World War II and the Great Depression. They grew up in an era of economic hardship, instilling in them values of frugality, resilience, and a strong work ethic. As they matured, many became known for their traditional values, respect for authority, and commitment to duty.

2. Baby Boomers: Born approximately between 1946 and 1964, Baby Boomers represent a demographic surge following World War II. They grew up during a time of unprecedented prosperity and social change. Boomers witnessed and participated in significant cultural movements such as the civil rights era, the feminist movement, the counterculture of the 1960s, and the rise of television as a dominant cultural force. Their experiences shaped values of individualism, ambition, and social activism.

3. Generation X: Born roughly between 1965 and 1980, Generation X came of age in a period of economic uncertainty and social upheaval. They were the first generation to embrace technology as it rapidly evolved, witnessing the advent of personal computers, the internet, and mobile communication. Growing up in an era of shifting family structures, many Gen Xers value independence, adaptability, and scepticism toward institutions.

4. Millennials (Generation Y): Born approximately between 1981 and 1996, Millennials are characterized by their immersion in digital technology and globalization. They witnessed the rise of the internet, social media, and mobile devices, which profoundly influenced their communication styles and worldview. Millennials value diversity, collaboration, and work-life balance. They are often portrayed as socially conscious and environmentally aware, seeking purpose and fulfilment in their careers and personal lives.

5.Generation Z (Zoomers): Born roughly between 1997 and 2012, Generation Z is the first cohort to grow up entirely in the digital age. They are digital natives who are fluent in technology and social media platforms. Raised in an era of rapid change and global connectivity, Zoomers are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, social activism, and concern for social justice and environmental issues.

6.Generation Alpha: Born from 2013 onwards, Generation Alpha includes the children of Millennials and Generation Z. While still young, they are growing up in an increasingly connected and diverse world. Generation Alpha is expected to be highly technologically savvy, creative, and adaptable to change.

These generational labels are often used to analyse social trends, consumer behaviour, and cultural shifts, but it's important to remember that individuals within each generation are diverse and may not fit neatly into stereotypes. Additionally, definitions and boundaries of generations may vary depending on cultural and regional factors.
Generation X
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Icon4s(m): 7:09am On Apr 07
Foodqueen:
Where indomie generation belong?

Gen Z

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by SK1SOLA: 7:35am On Apr 07
Proudly gen Y...I no be Gen Z
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Happychildlove(f): 7:39am On Apr 07
Generation Y
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by twosquare(m): 8:04am On Apr 07
I love the Millennial generation - they have both the power of the old and the new.

They are the bridge that connects the old world and the new world.

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Silentgroper(m): 8:18am On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:
Gen Z. 1997 pikin. tongue

I am waiting for those folks who will come tell me they can be my dad or mom right now.
issa lie oo ..

You that looks 35... angry

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Johel(m): 8:55am On Apr 07
Toks2008:
Generations are typically categorized based on shared birth years and common life experiences. While there can be variations and overlap, here are some commonly recognized generations:

1. Silent Generation (The Builders): Born roughly between 1928 and 1945, the Silent Generation came of age during a period marked by significant global events like World War II and the Great Depression. They grew up in an era of economic hardship, instilling in them values of frugality, resilience, and a strong work ethic. As they matured, many became known for their traditional values, respect for authority, and commitment to duty.

2. Baby Boomers: Born approximately between 1946 and 1964, Baby Boomers represent a demographic surge following World War II. They grew up during a time of unprecedented prosperity and social change. Boomers witnessed and participated in significant cultural movements such as the civil rights era, the feminist movement, the counterculture of the 1960s, and the rise of television as a dominant cultural force. Their experiences shaped values of individualism, ambition, and social activism.

3. Generation X: Born roughly between 1965 and 1980, Generation X came of age in a period of economic uncertainty and social upheaval. They were the first generation to embrace technology as it rapidly evolved, witnessing the advent of personal computers, the internet, and mobile communication. Growing up in an era of shifting family structures, many Gen Xers value independence, adaptability, and scepticism toward institutions.

4. Millennials (Generation Y): Born approximately between 1981 and 1996, Millennials are characterized by their immersion in digital technology and globalization. They witnessed the rise of the internet, social media, and mobile devices, which profoundly influenced their communication styles and worldview. Millennials value diversity, collaboration, and work-life balance. They are often portrayed as socially conscious and environmentally aware, seeking purpose and fulfilment in their careers and personal lives.

5.Generation Z (Zoomers): Born roughly between 1997 and 2012, Generation Z is the first cohort to grow up entirely in the digital age. They are digital natives who are fluent in technology and social media platforms. Raised in an era of rapid change and global connectivity, Zoomers are known for their entrepreneurial spirit, social activism, and concern for social justice and environmental issues.

6.Generation Alpha: Born from 2013 onwards, Generation Alpha includes the children of Millennials and Generation Z. While still young, they are growing up in an increasingly connected and diverse world. Generation Alpha is expected to be highly technologically savvy, creative, and adaptable to change.

These generational labels are often used to analyse social trends, consumer behaviour, and cultural shifts, but it's important to remember that individuals within each generation are diverse and may not fit neatly into stereotypes. Additionally, definitions and boundaries of generations may vary depending on cultural and regional factors.

Generation Y....Are the real OGs
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by lildush(m): 9:09am On Apr 07
Gen Y for real
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Almiron: 9:28am On Apr 07
Gen Y
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by fitinwell: 9:39am On Apr 07
Toks2008:

Where u see social media? From 1981 - 1997

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Nedum001(m): 9:47am On Apr 07
clems88:
lol. When you see my post make sure to call me uncle grin

Calling you UNCLE will not be an issue though but I hope you can be able to do what UNCLE'S do??

Lol

1 Like

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Nedum001(m): 9:48am On Apr 07
stevups:

Money will come to you this year by God's grace. October

Amen.
Thank you sir
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Nedum001(m): 9:50am On Apr 07
Jamieb:

Birthday mate .Hope your own Gen Z no dey worry
Lol....I only worry because I believe that I'm not supposed to be where, I am currently but in God I put my trust in.

I can be a little adamant and stubborn sometimes though.... that's what makes me human but trust me, humanity comes first on my list before religion.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by judedwriter(m): 9:51am On Apr 07
Generation x ๐Ÿ™Žโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Negroid001(m): 10:00am On Apr 07
MyAmericandream:

Gen z blood go still dey your body no how

Not at all. That lazy generation? They want everything done sharp sharp, fast money schemes, they lack respect too.

Millennials are old souls, we are a blend of the past and future.

2 Likes

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:13am On Apr 07
Foodqueen:
Where indomie generation belong?

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 10:26am On Apr 07
I'm a millennial, it was after our generation the world got too messy.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by meobizy(f): 10:31am On Apr 07
Nonsense survey.
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by tasland(m): 10:45am On Apr 07
BlocksNG:
I'll be thinking about it
Generation U team
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by emperor4love(m): 11:04am On Apr 07
Milly
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by NairalandGOAT1: 11:07am On Apr 07
The world ended with the Millennials other generation are Aliens
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by efelico: 11:19am On Apr 07
Why is the generation grouping so inconsistent. Some within the range of 20 or so why others are even less. I reserve other comments
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:40am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
issa lie oo ..

You that looks 35... angry

You no like 55. cheesy
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:43am On Apr 07
Konquest:

So, you're a Gen Z... I thought as much, but that's okay.

Indeed, I can be your "zaddy" right away as a Gen-Xer. Don't be shy, simply pull over and give "zaddy" a warm hug.*Smirk*

Lol. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Silentgroper(m): 11:44am On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

You no like 55. cheesy
I wouldn't believe you're still in your 20's though ..

Something is not right somewhere..
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:55am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
I wouldn't believe you're still in your 20's though ..

Something is not right somewhere..

Why is it hard for you to believe?

You can say I give off 30s vibe. Not looking โ€œ30sโ€. Lol. Abeg o. cheesy
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by Silentgroper(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why is it hard for you to believe?

You can say I give off 30s vibe. Not looking โ€œ30sโ€. Lol. Abeg o. cheesy

Maybe that's what is not right here.. you shouldn't be given off 30s vibe when you're still in your 20s .. tongue tongue cheesy

Are you trying to grow faster than your age tongue kiss
Re: Based on your birth year, which of these generational groups do you belong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:03pm On Apr 07
Silentgroper:

Maybe that's what is not right here.. you shouldn't be given off 30s vibe when you're still in your 20s .. tongue tongue cheesy

Are you trying to grow faster than your age tongue kiss

Lol. You have not met people who act way older than they exactly are?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jake Amo: Meme Boy Grown In New Photos / 6 Things You Must Not Do Before You Sleep / The Ghastly Motor Accident That Killed A Lady In Onitsha (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.