Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) (14285 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow / FG Owes 79% Of N20tr Domestic Debts, As Lagos Leads States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Risingblue008(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23
helinues:

Lagos state debt is still far better than most of the states debt because they generate roughly N800bn IGR annually. Not to talk about what they invested the debts on which worth billions of dollars.

Don't just come online to be dropping half baked information about Lagos state

If they are generating such an amount,
Then how comes d debt
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by YourRealFather: 8:43pm On Mar 23
Chicagograduate:
The governors who took those loans should be the ones to pay them not the citizens that did not benefit from them.

I think thier indigenes are comfortable with the way their governors are running the state, that's why they are not complaining,

You can see legedus aka general ditari defending them on this thread

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Ofemannnu: 8:44pm On Mar 23
But in foreign debt,Anambra leads,Mr Racoon.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by blackgold2018(m): 8:44pm On Mar 23
helinues:

Lagos state debt is still far better than most of the states debt because they generate roughly N800bn IGR annually. Not to talk about what they invested the debts on which worth billions of dollars.

do you actually stay in lagos? Because do you actually know lagos is run by this mafian syndicates known as lagos elites? Do you know how much this Tinubu boys steal?

Their revenue is enough not to owe a dime. Invest all they can. Still lagos wouldn't be owing if it ran by someone aside Tinubus mafian circle.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Ofemannnu: 8:47pm On Mar 23
Risingblue008:

If they are generating such an amount,
Then how comes d debt
Why don't you ask USA and China,the two biggest economies in the world why they have the largest debts in the world?
Creditors lend monies to who have assets and who can easily pay.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Morizo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23
Racoon:

#TheCableIndex

The criminal imp called Ayade needs to show EFCC the projects he borrowed those huge sum of money to execute. He took the state over 30 years backwards and still took huge debts. Nothing is happening in Cross River. Ayade killed all Smlaa businesses with huge taxes and made companies relocate out of Calabar cos of his criminal taxation policies

How does a state with a monthly allocation of 6 billion pay back that huge debt? Prince Otu will see shege unless he exposes Ayade to EFCC so he can be forced to return some looted funds

Thank God he's so short so it won't be long for nemesis to catch up with him.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Ofemannnu: 8:51pm On Mar 23
blackgold2018:
do you actually stay in lagos? Because do you actually know lagos is run by this mafian syndicates known as lagos elites? Do you know how much this Tinubu boys steal?

Their revenue is enough not to owe a dime. Invest all they can. Still lagos wouldn't be owing if it ran by someone aside Tinubus mafian circle.

Lagos has always had the best administrators especially since 1999.
Baba Jakande really did well.
Lagos had been prudent with their finances compared to others.
Not saying that stealing has not taken place but they are always mindful of Lagos economy.Lagos economy,only starting from the time of Tinubu,had grown to be the 5th economy in Africa. A great feat.

Nigeria had all the money in this world but was wrecked by bad administrators.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Tareq1105: 9:04pm On Mar 23
So what did Dapo Abiodun did with the loan?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Rhozabeth(m): 10:36pm On Mar 23
I'm from Ogun by origin so I visit Ogun regularly. I lived all my entire childhood and adult life in Lagos and I presently work in Delta at least in d last 6yrs. Of these three states, Delta is the least developed and may even have the most allocation from FG! The amount of greed and selfishness I see here can not be compared to any in this country!!! No disrespect to my Delta friends, just an observation!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by dododawa1: 10:37pm On Mar 23
Na lie
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by abbiboy: 10:43pm On Mar 23
I've not seen any tangible development that will warrant this hoogee debt, very useless government.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by joemag: 11:05pm On Mar 23
happney65:
Lagos is even understandable. They make so much money and has you make you spend

But you see, Delta and Ogun has no business being in that list at all. Especially Delta with nothing, absolutely nothing to show for it and Dapo's Ogun..

Plauteu, Bauchi,Benue are states that should be in the top 30 and not top 10. There is literally nothing in those places at all yet they are full of debts

Anyways my Oyo is doing well. Not even in Number 10.

Ortom did Benue dirty. Dude was on a borrowing spree with nothing to show forth. Only God will punish him.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by frog12: 11:21pm On Mar 23
what is that state doing with the money for goodness sakes

the corruption is too much. the people should go after these politicians

Racoon:
Delta State has no business accumulating such a humongous debt burden. Same with Benue State. Lagos is already notorious for always leading the pack despite its huge IGR.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Iceberg3: 11:24pm On Mar 23
So with all the mining activities and industrialists,coneheads still cannot offset their bills 😁😁😁
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Mypeople2(m): 11:27pm On Mar 23
LOVEALAIGBO:

You have to wonder about certain states (forget Lagos….that one is a special case) like Imo and Delta….especially Delta! You look around and you’re left wondering what all those borrowed billions were sunk into!
I wanted to say the same thing, what Delta State do with that money ? The only thing the governor wants to do now is using Julius Berger to build bridges across the state.Is that where all the debts came from? Abi he use some debt say settle court case. Place wey nor dey get light dey owe billions

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by proeast(m): 1:58am On Mar 24
Lagos and Delta states have been managed by criminals since 1999! I shake my head in disgust whenever I see some fools saying that Lagos have good governors. How? A state that was already relatively developed by the FG before relocating to Abuja. A state that controls over 70% of Nigeria’s economy! Yet their useless and primitively corrupt governors can’t even build or get investors to build power plants to give it constant electricity. They can’t even manage ordinary refuse disposal in this age. They can’t even provide ordinary pipe borne water! Many roads are still bad! Open gutters everywhere.

These foolish governors travel abroad and see how even poor countries manage their little resources to provide these things I mentioned but they will come back and continue looting.

Sometimes when I look at Nigeria & the criminals managing its affairs, I see blacks as cursed. However, when I remember there are other black nations like Botswana, Rwanda etc. doing well, then I conclude it’s a Nigerian problem.

The hungry idiots supporting these criminal politicians should continue, they’re the ones that will still die untimely because of their atrocities and bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 2:49am On Mar 24
helinues:

God will help u
Despite what they are generating
Still the most indebted and u see nothing wrong with it
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 2:51am On Mar 24
softtorce:
Lagos was not under Tinubu before 1999, why was it not eldorado then n when will anambra catch up to Lagos.

Make Anambra capital of Nigeria
Give them international airport and seaport and watch out
God punish u
Anambra dey give u erection
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 2:52am On Mar 24
LOVEALAIGBO:

You have to wonder about certain states (forget Lagos….that one is a special case) like Imo and Delta….especially Delta! You look around and you’re left wondering what all those borrowed billions were sunk into!
Where is the IGR generated in Lagos used in?
Why is Lagos still borrowing ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 2:59am On Mar 24
happney65:
Lagos is even understandable. They make so much money and has you make you spend

But you see, Delta and Ogun has no business being in that list at all. Especially Delta with nothing, absolutely nothing to show for it and Dapo's Ogun..

Plauteu, Bauchi,Benue are states that should be in the top 30 and not top 10. There is literally nothing in those places at all yet they are full of debts

Anyways my Oyo is doing well. Not even in Number 10.
How is Lagos understandable?
How can u claim to make so much money and still borrow heavily ?
It doesn't add up
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 3:02am On Mar 24
Ofemannnu:
But in foreign debt,Anambra leads,Mr Racoon.
It is still Lagos
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 3:05am On Mar 24
Ofemannnu:
Why don't you ask USA and China,the two biggest economies in the world why they have the largest debts in the world?
Creditors lend monies to who have assets and who can easily pay.
Where is the money used in
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by OredoPikin: 3:13am On Mar 24
Ofemannnu:

Lagos has always had the best administrators especially since 1999.
Baba Jakande really did well.
Lagos had been prudent with their finances compared to others.
Not saying that stealing has not taken place but they are always mindful of Lagos economy.Lagos economy,only starting from the time of Tinubu,had grown to be the 5th economy in Africa. A great feat.

Nigeria had all the money in this world but was wrecked by bad administrators.
Stop lying to yourself
Lagos had the worst administrator
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by afube: 3:31am On Mar 24
chopnaira:

Lagos State Government has targeted an IGR of N1.25 trillion in 2024.

That is less than 1 billion dollars for a population that is almost 20 million people, that is too low for a city in the calibre of Lagos!

To put it into context .........the Indianapolis suburb of Noblesville with a total population of just 80,000 people has a budget of about $160 miilion dollars..........Lagos is not getting the kind of money she needs to develop well!
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Btruth: 7:11am On Mar 24
What's Ogun State doing on this list? 🤔
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by samwash(m): 8:06am On Mar 24
Most of this loans where used for election malpractice simple.
From settling godfathers,vote buying, settling foot soldiers, buying postions, supporting presidential candidate & so on.
Just a little fracment of the loan was used for development & it will still be looted.
Nigerian system of governance is deep rooted on corruption.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by 316merit: 8:18am On Mar 24
MOU governor try ooo. He is not in top 10.MOU governor try ooo. He is not in top 10....
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by Donedeal1(m): 8:29am On Mar 24
Like mother, like daughter

Just like the federal government

Borrowing funds to be looted

Debts everywhere with nothing

To show for it.
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:45am On Mar 24
Lagos State *DIRTY* ooooooo..

Point and Kee.. Governor.... Lagos dirty oooooo.. Lawma.... dirty everywhere for lagos ooooooo

Governor... oooooooo
Re: Lagos, Delta, Ogun lead in domestic debts as at Dec 2023 (See Full List) by softtorce: 7:44pm On Mar 24
Till 9090 the entirety of Anambra won't meet up to ordinary Ikorodu my village.

Your wail of agony stays in your household n all those in your household will be punish by God along with you.

OredoPikin:

Make Anambra capital of Nigeria
Give them international airport and seaport and watch out
God punish u
Anambra dey give u erection

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Unveils Alternative Road For Lekki-epe Toll Plaza / Nigerian Military To Ekweremadu: We Have No Interest In Coup / Kebbi Government Releases 111 Prisoners Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.