Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo (21312 Views)

Court Restrains OAP Do2dtun From Defaming D'banj On Social Media / Sadiya Haruna Bags Six-Month Jail Sentence In Kano For Defaming Isa A (Photos) / Court Bars Tonto Dikeh From Featuring Son, Andre On "King Tonto" Reality Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Omihanifa: 10:49pm On Mar 23
I have no child with Omo VC – Oluomo

The High Court of Justice, Ikeja Judiciary Division, has issued a restraining order against Yoruba actress, Mariam Muftaudeen, popularly known as Omo VC, barring her from releasing further defamatory content against the Chairman of the Lagos State Park Management Board, Alhaji Musiliu Akinsanya, also known as MC Oluomo.

The suit, filed on March 4th and granted by Honorable Justice M. O Dawodu on March 14th, through Adedotun Ajulo Esq. of O.O.K Owolabi & Partners, counsel to Mr. Akinsanya, seeks to prevent Omo VC from further publishing defamatory videos or articles about MC Oluomo until the court hears and decides on the case.

“The Applicant filed a Motion Ex-parte dated 4th March 2024 seeking the following reliefs:

1. AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT restraining the Respondent from further releasing defamatory videos and/or publishing libelous articles against the Applicant pending the hearing and determination of the Applicant’s Originating Summons against the Respondent.

2. AN ORDER of the Honourable Court granting leave to serve the Memorandum of Claim and any preemptive order as may be made by the Honourable Court in this suit on the Defendant via her WhatsApp mobile number: 07063943234 and her Instagram Handle: @omovc, by publication in a national daily newspaper and/or any other means that this Honourable Court may deem fit.”

Omo VC had previously accused MC Oluomo of threatening her life and that of her daughter in a lengthy Instagram post in February. She claimed to have a daughter with MC Oluomo, alleging he failed to provide for the child’s welfare and even ordered his security personnel to shoot at her during a visit to his residence.

When contacted, MC Oluomo denied knowledge of any child between them, stating that they had separated about two years ago and he was unaware of any child until the recent claims surfaced. He emphasized that such accusations were defamatory and politically motivated, especially given the upcoming elections within the transportation industry.

“I have said it before and will say it again that I am not aware of any child between Omo VC and myself. It is a political season within our industry and all sort of things like these are inevitable but for me, this is taken too far. It is defamatory and unpleasant.” Oluomo said.

Expressing his trust in the Nigerian justice system, MC Oluomo stated his belief that the court would uphold justice based on the evidence presented. He emphasized his commitment to abiding by the law and defending his reputation through legal channels rather than taking matters into his own hands.

“I am a public figure and law abiding citizen of the country. I have proceeded to court as against the thoughts of some individuals who are intentional at attaching unethical conducts to my name and those who like to stereotype transport workers as people who engage in unlawful conducts due to the character of some bag eggs among us which is inescapable of any profession. I don’t take laws into my hands and I believe in the process of the court to be defend my reputation. That is why I have engaged one of the young promising lawyers in Nigeria, Barr Dotun Ajulo to be my counsellor”. He remarked.

When contacted, Mr. Adedotun Ajulo, counsel to MC Oluomo, refrained from commenting on the court’s decision, citing the ongoing legal proceedings.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/03/23/court-bars-actress-omo-vc-from-defaming-mc-oluomo/

4 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Passersby123: 1:37pm On Mar 24
FTC for the first time, Oluomo is a legend in Lagos but make he try stop agberoism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by axglide(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24
Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Jesus Christ the way truth and the Life.

Happy Sunday 🕊️

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Sermwell(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24
Tinubu will not allow his homeboy to be defamed!! grin grin

Agbado munching nitwits go vex for this my comment oh cheesy cheesy cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by benuejosh: 1:39pm On Mar 24
Ok
Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by ChiefOloye(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24
Ashewo, olósi

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Crowntop94: 1:39pm On Mar 24

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Maximiliannnn: 1:39pm On Mar 24
Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by yinchar(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24
This child looks like a carbon copy

The resemblance is striking

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Jeans601: 1:39pm On Mar 24
Mc can sleep with a goat.

That man Dick got no taste and class.

As for the the lady ........she is baby mama number ??

Seems being an olosho is now part of the major requirements to become an actress in Nigeria.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24
Wait... Are you telling me those two pictures up there are the same woman?!! undecided

Sigh... How many women come really fine for this country these days without makeup?!!

Meanwhile... The resemblance between MC Oluomo and that child is so much that DNA test is unnecessary.

Chief Thug of Lagos, abeg take care of your pikin. tongue

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by davodyguy: 1:40pm On Mar 24
Example of girls that don't use their 🧠.

MC is very rich and all ladies can fall for him

4 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by 080bjaked(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24
See the child's face sef, shey we still need DNA? grin
I hope the law takes it's full course but trust men like MC Oluomo to try to interfare with it.

27 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Antoeni(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24
No DNA Needed
Chief Thug MC Oluomo

25 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by UHLmoving: 1:41pm On Mar 24
Omo vc
Mc oluomo

Omo!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by davodyguy: 1:41pm On Mar 24
Jeans601:
Mc can sleep with a goat.

Because he has Money and not all women have dignity or their dignity is cheap.
MC is so rich to the extent that he give anyone a car of ₦5million.

Any lady can fall for this

12 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Coolestguy2023: 1:41pm On Mar 24
If this man were to be poor, this woman wouldn't pin a child to him.
They should conduct a DNA period.
Most of these recent Nigerian Social media girls are evil and can't be trusted.
Just know that if a woman should call you out on Social media relating to a child that you abandon or not taking care of either true or false then you already know you are doing well in life.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Authoreety: 1:42pm On Mar 24
Na oluomo get the pikin... Seems he settled the woman or asked her to get rid of it hence the denials

Na only woman know the real papa of her pikin

16 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by PheelzAlmighty: 1:42pm On Mar 24
Our law courts obviously favor the highest bidder.

Sacred cows everywhere. Nigeria is a finished state💔

8 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by davodyguy: 1:42pm On Mar 24
Sermwell:
Tinubu will not allow his homeboy to be defamed!! grin grin

Agbado munching nitwits go vex for this my comment oh cheesy cheesy cheesy
STFU.

It's a judge that gave the order and it's from Ex-parte

When we told you to get education, you refused.

Ex-parte is a temporary injunction, restraining someone from doing something until something else that precedes it happens.

You can even get an Ex-parte against your employer from sacking you over an allegation, pending when investigation is carried out

But you're ignorantly bringing Tinubu into this

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by davodyguy: 1:42pm On Mar 24
PheelzAlmighty:
Our law courts obviously favor the highest bidder.

Sacred cows everywhere. Nigeria is a finished state💔
Not exactly

Ex-parte is a temporary injunction, restraining someone from doing something until something else that precedes it happens.

You can even get an Ex-parte against your employer from sacking you over an allegation, pending when investigation is carried out

7 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Hezmatosky: 1:43pm On Mar 24
Angelfrost:
Wait... Are you telling me those two pictures up there are the same woman?!! undecided

Sigh... How many women come really fine for this country these days without makeup?!!
Look at the baby's picture, you'll find out the pictures were not taken same time

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by CountinBlessins(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24
Oh wow !!!

What fuckery is this ?
The judiciary are becoming such a joke in Nigeria that eventually lawyers and courts will have no job in Nigeria anymore because no one will have faith in them anymore 🤣🤣
Eventually hunger will be killing lawyers and judges because all Cass with them will be dumped all because the citizens won't believe in them any more

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Agbadocassava: 1:43pm On Mar 24
Antoeni:
No DNA Needed
Chief Thug MC Oluomo

The baby resembles Oluomo no be small

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by derecho(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24
The parents of the girl should be ashamed of her.
MC Oluomo?

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by magoo10(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24
That child resembles him a lot

12 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Antoeni(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24
It's Only in Nigeria That a High Profile Criminal ( MC Oluomo) Have More Constitutional Rights & Privileges Than An Innocent Law Abiding Citizen

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by DystopianMuse(f): 1:44pm On Mar 24
Mc Oluomo and all these cheap oloshos disguising as Nollywood actresses. They are the people bringing shame to my gender. Greedy and cheap things. Will follow anyone as far as money is involved. SMH!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by dankorode(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24
Crowntop94:
but the baby resemble mc oluomo now.
Absolutely! ha ha why some people are so wicked like this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars Omo VC From Defaming MC Oluomo by Astra101: 1:44pm On Mar 24
But this child resemble MC Oluomo, how come

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vivian Lam Unveiled As Face Of Domak CEO In Abuja / Karen Igho Before And After Her Rise To Stardom / Ogusbaba Becomes MTN Brand Ambassador (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.