Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Key To Success In Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Key To Success In Life (697 Views)

“My Conversion [from Islam to Christianity], Key To My First Class Result” / How Do They Use Bible & Key To Catch A Thief. How Effective & D Consequence / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Key To Success In Life by PastorAde: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
[center]The Key to Success in Life[/center]

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate in it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful (Joshua 1:8, emphasis added).

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by the streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither, whatever he does prospers (Psalm 1)

To succeed in life is very cheap. This statement will be a surprise to many. Success means an achievement or accomplishment, a triumph or victory in a particular endeavor. For us to better appreciate the meaning of success, we have to define the opposite, which is failure. Failure is breakdown, collapse, catastrophe or crash in a particular endeavor.

In this life, we are all in a race, and it’s either we fail or succeed in life. And the only Person that can truly judge whether we succeed of fail is God Who sent us to earth. Adam was the first person God created and sent. God put him in the Garden of Eden and commanded him what to eat and what he should abstain from. Satan came into the garden and deceived Eve who gave Adam the forbidden fruit which he ate in disobedience to God’s commandment. Due to the sin of disobedience to God’s commandment Adam failed in his assignment to have dominion over all the earth and lesser creatures. The effect of Adam’s disobedience is death, sickness; sorrow, poverty, and all hardship people experience in the world today, But God has provided a solution to all of that.

The solution God provided was for Him to become a man. He overshadowed the Virgin Mary by His Holy Spirit and that Holy Thing, Jesus, was born. He was tempted just like the first Adam, but because He chose to obey God, He succeeded. Jesus obeyed God in every thing. He became obedient unto death even the death of the cross of Calvary. He died and shed His blood to take away our sins. Therefore, God highly exalted Him and gave a name above every other name that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
When Joshua was to begin the task of leading the children of Israel to the promise land, God gave him a key to succeed in life. Please read again the first passage above. God told Joshua that the Word (Law) of God should not depart from his mouth. He should meditate on it as to be able to do every thing written in it. Only then will Joshua be prosperous and succeed. The second passage above says the same thing.

Do you want to be prosperous and successful in life? The key to success in life is submission and obedient to laws. Whose laws? God’s laws. Adam was disobedient to God’s laws and he failed. Jesus was obedient and he succeeded. Ditto Joshua. What about you? If you want to succeed in life, you must be obedient to the gospel of the kingdom of God. Will you? If yes, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus. Come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus Precious Name. Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875. Garki, Abuja. Tel 08055155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Repent For The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand / The Problem Of Hell And A Loving God / Supersticious Africans Guilty Of 'witchcraft' Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.