Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What (33318 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Jettage: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
Do you Know of any other Church in Nigeria that lost most of her members like Deeper Life Bible Church?
Why the exodus?
Have you been part of the History of Deeper Life? Do you know anyone who was offended and left?
We are compilling a Book of Her History, sourcing information that are relevant, if you know so much, we can contact you.
I have heard that many Pastors in Nigeria left Deeper Christian Life Ministry to start their Churches, it seems to me that Deeper Life had a great impact on several Pastor, I don’t know how true, but I heard that Pastor Tunde Bakare Left deeper life to start Latter Rain, That Steven Akinola of Port Harcourt also was a member of Deeper Life and that Pastor Alfred Itiowe was also a strong member of Deeper Life, Is it also True that DK Olukoya of Mountain of Fire left Deeper life also, Dr. Ransomed Bello left from Kaduna, there are several others who made the list, People like Lawon of Ibadan, Pastor Shafe of Cross River, Itiola of USA one other man from London whose name I cannot remember
Is it true, that the church Punish people with Transfer and subsequently make them irrelevant after they have served, is it true that they are not well catered for like Bishop Oyedepo does to his Pastors,
My point is, why are they leaving deeper life? I haerd that Deeper life lost several members to other churches just as many churches lost members to Deeper life in the 70s
Can you give names of other members of Deeper Life that you know who left in any country state of the world to start their own church.
The mass exodus from Deeper life is not same with Reedem Christian Church and do you think the Church was fair with all of the people who left
Tell me what you know about Deeper life from your own end and let us do the book together
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Ezniteadin(m): 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Poster, Do you know if Gbile Akanni was also a member of Deeper Life?

so, Tunde Bakare also left Deeper Life, No wonder,

Suprise! Where did Olukoya get his fire prayers since most deeper life are outwardly quiet in Prayer and unenergetic.

I am so curious, you seems to know know them by thier names. Is Pastor Kumuyi your Father?
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
Dr D.K Olukoya was never a member of Deeper Life ministries. He was born into C.A.C and was a member until he started his own ministry in the early 80s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Image123(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
snoring with intent.
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Ezniteadin(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
@Ishilove Really? Was D.K OLUKOYA ever a secretary to PASTOR Kumuyi?

Was Gbile Akanni ever a Member of the Deeper Life sect?

Okay, what about Pastor Lazarus Mouka of Chosen Church and TB Joshua of Synagogue of Nations

Lets see how much of your Pastor's Origin you know
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by naso2(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
see the kind of authors we have in nigeria . you want to write a book and "facts" in the book will be based on hearsay from NL. Sorry.

Tunde Bakare was at sometime a member of deeper life but he did not leave to start his ministry from there. He left deeper life for RCCG and left thereafter to start his ministry.

I am not aware that olukoya had any ties with deeper life.

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Eben2: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ poster,

How prepared are you for the coming of our Lord and how will the above questions help you or any true christian prepare for His coming? Lets use the little time we have here to harvest and prepare souls for the kingdom of God; that is the mandate of every true christian.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Joagbaje(m): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^^^
Let us go out and win souls jare, my spirit is stirred. It's more profitable than book of genealogy.

1 Timothy 1:4
4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
"The trouble with being a leader today is that you can't be sure whether people are following you or chasing you." undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by plappville(f): 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2011
Deeper christian life is a God choosen church, if u say the pastors are not well taking of on like the RCCG, it may be a blackmail. Kumuyi teaches Holiness. He is a soul wining servant of God. He knows what is good to do to please God.

For me, i would say that those Pastors that break up from chruch to form their own church do that to become founder or that they believe they are spiritually stronge enough to head a church as they ve gotten experience from their old church.

Is Kumuyi aware of ur moves? Is it to be done for the glory of God? If mejority of christians are not in surport of ur ideal, will u still carry on? Becareful, dont blackmail a true Sarvant of God.

Off topic: did i read someone call Deeper life a sect?

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Davidseed: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
God is Sovereign in His way of doing things. He put check and balances to life and denominations alike.

so let be careful not to hurt God purpose.

For all I know is that Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi ( Just like Daddy E.O Adeboye) is a man of God that He has sent to achieve some purposes and God has been using Him since the 70s. where it not for the Grace and love God gave him to preach and his obedience to the call of God, holiness preaching might not have a public footage in this country or Africa at large. so anyone might be call of God again for another mission. so it could be among the Generals in Deeper Life.
Therefore dont border yourself about who is leaving or comming. Lets be careful.

for Jesus Said "every idle word that proceed from man shall he give account of on the Judgement Day.

Thank God For Jesus
Thank god for His servant ; Paster WF Kumuyi

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by ajoguegbe(m): 3:23am On Dec 19, 2011
Mr Poster
I join the voices that acquise that Kumuyi is a genuine man of God. If you want to write a book on Deeper Life, why are you looking for the negative part. You better report the miracles of changed lives that happened there. The ministry has had tremendous impact in so many other ministries. I am not in Deeper Life and may not agree with some of their philosophies, but one thing I do believe and know for sure is that Kumuyi is genuine, he didnt set up any rules to exploit people. even the things I personally don't agree with was done from a genuine heart.
People going from to Deeper Life to start a church have many reasons behind it. They may be genuinely called of God to start something different. They may not agree with some practices of the church and there is nothing wrong with them leaving and starting than in remaining in a system and disagreeing with that system. In the bible, Paul had issues with Barnabas and they separated. Its human nature, we rae not perfect beings. Only Jesus was perfect. And mind you the perfect Jesus left Judaism to start something from God, not because they were not taking care of him as you said of Oyedepo. We are all going to stand in the judgement sit of Christ. God will judge every man's motive for leaving, not you or nairalanders.

I know a lot about Nigerian pastors and history, and if you would want to get genuine update write me ajoguegbe@yahoo.com, you can also follow the NIGERIA GOD'S GENERAL on facebook.http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.117107168321000.11289.117103751654675&type=3
God Bless you
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by OmoPastor(m): 10:55am On Dec 19, 2011
@ poster.

you are very jobless and carnal.

by naming those that left deeper life, what do you want to achieve? start another attack on the church?

i feel very sorry for your confused soul, repent now or you will rue this action!!!
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2011
Breakage 4rm 1 church 2 4m anotha is mostly borne out of greed n desire 2 b a "G.O".Even mushroom churches in my area are breaking up.some of these churches comprise only 2 membas:d pastor n anotha fella.imagine hw wierd n boring it wud b when sombody stands in front of u preaching at d top of his voice to u!! Haba!!4 god's sake must evrybody b a church founder
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Jettage: 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
I have read the reactions following my post on the subject above, I must confess it is so thrilling to hear some good response from intelligent Niaralanders, I wrote this without prejudice, fully aware of God’s unquestionable dealings. Reading some mature respondent here has added more knowledge to me and I really appreciate you guys, I am not unaware of some folks who hide behind the keyboard to run people down without any provocation, such should just learn the maturity in handling, if I propose a book and I seek opinion, it does not I think warrant abuse and insult on my person, though I can understand what is lacking in such response. They were not really groomed to know how to neutrally address issues like Eben 2, Joagbaje my good friend, like OLAADEGBU, like DAVIDSEED, AJOGUEGBE, BERETHA92,
I have formed my opinion and I will discontinue the book which is half way written while looking forward to additions from better minds mentioned above.
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by kolaqkunle: 4:35am On Aug 04, 2012
Discussing those that left Deeper Life Bible Church is really not a sin. However it may be a waste of time if not well moderated. God never said everybody must belong to a denomination! When a man says he is called of God, we cannot fault him since God did not speak to us on such a person's behalf. Imagine everybody belonging to a single denomination! Such a congregation will sooner than later become a cult.
On to
he
issue of why they left or are leaving, only God can judge that. However, I want to hazard one or two guesses: 1. They may have left due to better understanding of scriptures which the church may find difficult to adjust to due to long time adjustment to error.
2. Don't forget that we sometimes judge people because they aren't doing things the way we do them as if our is the one ordained by God(without scriptural support anyway). As we judge people like that, we alienate those we see as unbelievers. This alienation may have been frustrating some leaders in the sense that as they work to evangelise their communities, their efforts are largely wasted because those preached to are already biased against the church due to their holier-than-thou attitude. So why wait where non-essential are taken as the major. Why stay where a church is run in a way that members have no right to challenge long time beliefs which are obviously wrong! This is the problem of religion and pride!
3. God may have truly called some of those who left. Of course they will suffer persecution for leaving. They are usually labelled as backsliding, rebels,etc. Indeed, to some of the members, leaving deeperlife is like leaving God as if deeperlife is the only gateway to heaven! As is their standard is the one ordained by God even when it is obviously an error.
4. Some leave just to be able to worship God freely without the addition of human traditions. Deeper life is a church that has a lot of human traditions which have confused even her own members not to talk of outsiders who would have joined them but for the fact that they haven't got reasonable and scriptural explanations for traditions which have become the standard used to judge 'unbelievers'
5. Some leave because they see that church as a breeding ground for hypocrites. Of course hypocrites will not make heaven. A lot of atrocities could be committed without many noticing because the outward appearance is deceptive enough! The heart of man is desperately wicked...
many. More reasons but I stop here for now.
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by teetee123: 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
Jettage: Do you Know of any other Church in Nigeria that lost most of her members like Deeper Life Bible Church?
Why the exodus?
Have you been part of the History of Deeper Life? Do you know anyone who was offended and left?
We are compilling a Book of Her History, sourcing information that are relevant, if you know so much, we can contact you.
I have heard that many Pastors in Nigeria left Deeper Christian Life Ministry to start their Churches, it seems to me that Deeper Life had a great impact on several Pastor, I don’t know how true, but I heard that Pastor Tunde Bakare Left deeper life to start Latter Rain, That Steven Akinola of Port Harcourt also was a member of Deeper Life and that Pastor Alfred Itiowe was also a strong member of Deeper Life, Is it also True that DK Olukoya of Mountain of Fire left Deeper life also, Dr. Ransomed Bello left from Kaduna, there are several others who made the list, People like Lawon of Ibadan, Pastor Shafe of Cross River, Itiola of USA one other man from London whose name I cannot remember
Is it true, that the church Punish people with Transfer and subsequently make them irrelevant after they have served, is it true that they are not well catered for like Bishop Oyedepo does to his Pastors,
My point is, why are they leaving deeper life? I haerd that Deeper life lost several members to other churches just as many churches lost members to Deeper life in the 70s
Can you give names of other members of Deeper Life that you know who left in any country state of the world to start their own church.
The mass exodus from Deeper life is not same with Reedem Christian Church and do you think the Church was fair with all of the people who left
Tell me what you know about Deeper life from your own end and let us do the book together
@ poster. What is your motive for the book u want to write. Will it be for the glory of God or just an academic exercise or for commercial purposes. Some of the things u wrote about the Nigerian pastors and their relationship with Deeper Life is not true. Some were never member of the group. I will like you to know that many people had done many researches on the group for Ph D, masters and other academic papers. I know of a Briton who went around different part of Nigeria to write a book on the church in early 1990s. He was around for about six months. Get these materials from the church or even google for them and u are good to go. Don't depend on NL half truths. Take care
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by lonamy: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2013
Jettage: Do you Know of any other Church in Nigeria that lost most of her members like Deeper Life Bible Church?
Why the exodus?

You must be a very lazy fellow. You want to write a book by collecting junks, unconnected information from NL busy buddies. Yo must be joking. This is not how to write books. Yo may need to buy all the tapes produced by each of these ministries and listen to them. Like Pastor Adeboye used to talk much about the ministry from inception. You also may need to join these churches for a period of time, mingle with the worshippers and ask them questions that you need.

Don't grab useless information from NL and say you have written a book, people that know the history will rain curses on you. Don't collect curses for your next generation, do a proper work.

Thank you Lazy fellow.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by lonamy: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2013
Why the exodus?

You must be a very lazy fellow. You want to write a book by collecting junks, unconnected information from NL busy buddies. Yo must be joking. This is not how to write books. Yo may need to buy all the tapes produced by each of these ministries and listen to them. Like Pastor Adeboye used to talk much about the ministry from inception. You also may need to join these churches for a period of time, mingle with the worshippers and ask them questions that you need.

Don't grab useless information from NL and say you have written a book, people that know the history will rain curses on you. Don't collect curses for your next generation, do a proper work.

Thank you Lazy fellow.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by DoctorStephen(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2013
Davidseed: God is Sovereign in His way of doing things. He put check and balances to life and denominations alike.

so let be careful not to hurt God purpose.

For all I know is that Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi ( Just like Daddy E.O Adeboye) is a man of God that He has sent to achieve some purposes and God has been using Him since the 70s. where it not for the Grace and love God gave him to preach and his obedience to the call of God, holiness preaching might not have a public footage in this country or Africa at large. so anyone might be call of God again for another mission. so it could be among the Generals in Deeper Life.
Therefore dont border yourself about who is leaving or comming. Lets be careful.

for Jesus Said "every idle word that proceed from man shall he give account of on the Judgement Day.

Thank God For Jesus
Thank god for His servant ; Paster WF Kumuyi
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Rapture4real(m): 11:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Bile Akanni was from baptist.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by vooks: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
Joagbaje:
^^^^^
Let us go out and win souls jare, my spirit is stirred. It's more profitable than book of genealogy.

1 Timothy 1:4
4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Excellent post
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
I went to deeper life of recent. Because of the nature of the way i came, i couldnt carry my bible ofcourse to the church. You needed to see the way a security personnel condemned me "FROM THE GATE" fa. I felt like i was not welcomed sef. Even when i told him i wasnt from the church sef, the way he reacted was rather more annoying. Hmmmmm na wa. I could not just cry. Through out my stay in the church that day, i was not really myself. I wasnt really paying atttention. I dont think i'll attend that church again o GOD's grace. AMEN. Deeper life is a good church. One of the best churches (i love this church because holiness is been preached) . Pastor kumuyi is a good man that i know of but please, some protocols should learn how to correct people "IN LOVE" and NOT CONDEMN people abeg. Just imagine somebody that doesnt know you before telling you
Him: "you no dey, carry bible come church? na which district you comot from sef"
then you: i'm not from deeper life
Him: ok, where you dey stay sef? (Is it Lekki, ajah, ekpe for example o)
You: lekki
Him: ok (that type of ok na abi?)?
I have associated with deeper life, but this big district was a "WOW" for me

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Blackfire(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
@op u didnt mention me?. Ok i left deeper life to become an atheist.
Asari dokunbo left deeper life to become a millitant and a muslim.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by McSterling(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Blackfire:
@op u didnt mention me?.
Ok i left deeper life to become an atheist.

Asari dokunbo left deeper life to become a millitant and a muslim.
Seriously, Asari Dokubo attended deeper life?
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Blackfire(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
McSterling:
Seriously, Asari Dokubo attended deeper life?

yep.
Even ayodele fayose govnor of ekiti state.
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by AmeLonRo(m): 1:20am On Oct 27, 2015
I love this thread. I stumbled on it via search for some pastors who left. I see that some pastors left to go and start their own ministries because they do not want to be disciplined or assume they have arrived. When we are looking for job, we determine that even if they ask us to sleep in the office working for a week we will do it. The moment we get the job we start seeing where director have gone wrong in asking us to stay and work extra hour or so. I see and observe that the people who left Deeper Life do not command as much respect that they commanded when they were still with Deeper Life. As a pastor in Deeper Life in a state or Lagos do you know how many people you will reach out to if given the opportunity to minister at a singular retreat programme, etc. For Deeper Lifers still inside, we have more opportunities to serve God if we remain inside. For those who have left, shame of what people will say prevents them from returning. So many God's generals in Deeper Life sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by ApBlaze10: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ezniteadin:
@Poster, Do you know if Gbile Akanni was also a member of Deeper Life?

so, Tunde Bakare also left Deeper Life, No wonder,

Suprise! Where did Olukoya get his fire prayers since most deeper life are outwardly quiet in Prayer and unenergetic.

I am so curious, you seems to know know them by thier names. Is Pastor Kumuyi your Father?
grin grin grin grin grin

Nope. you got it wrong man. Gbile Akane was not a member of Deeper Life.
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by serenegroup(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
i know of pastor shafe in cross river and oriaki of gospel light redemption in abuja he was a state overseer in abuja in the 90s before he left to found his own Church. one in minna left when he was posted out
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by serenegroup(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by Freeze007(m): 1:11am On Nov 29, 2017
I have a question here, can someone explain Matthew 24:14?
Re: Deeper Life Lost Most Of Her Pastor From Steven Akinola To Olu Itiola. Tell What by ziinee: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
Pastor I .D Lawon preached a message one. It was so serious that pastor Kumuyi, who was suppose to give a closing remarks and alter call,refused to take up his positioning. According to him, he said the glory on that alter was too much for him. So pastor I.D Law on was not member but also a top pastor in DLBC.

[qu1ote author=Jettage post=9563071]Do you Know of any other Church in Nigeria that lost most of her members like Deeper Life Bible Church?
Why the exodus?
[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / TB Joshua's Prophecies For Individuals In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.