Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday (768 Views)

Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy / Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators / Mc Oluomo: Let Me Lose All I Worked For If I Sent Thugs To Beat Up Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Chigozirim19: 1:31am On Mar 26
I lost my internship yesterday due to no electricity in my area. I was given a task to do on react.js and was ask to push to GitHub and deploy the app, the deadline was 11:59pm I was already done by 7pm but as soon as I am about to push to GitHub after fixing the bug and everything, the NEPA size the light I waited till 11:30pm just to push my code still they didn't bring it, all my research and everything became a wasted effort. Am heart broken 💔 right now😭 what have we done to deserve this (Nigerian's), it's like if you're a Nigerian you are destined to suffer. Our own government can't give us the citizens 24 hours electricity, its like you hustling to become somebody in future, the country is pulling you down, I hate this country right now.😡😡😡😭😭😭

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by odinaccess: 1:40am On Mar 26
Sorry bro try as much as possible to get a laptop power bank

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by 0x00: 2:04am On Mar 26
You are in Nigeria bro, this issues have existed before both of us were born, so it was for you to quickly find an alternative at that point, go to a hotel lobby, restaurant and buy the smallest item, call a friend or family that normal has electricity backup at that point. It will take alot more time to solve our electrical problems, but you have to move on with your life regardless before that happens.

Sorry about that nonetheless, better luck and preparation next time.

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by BabbanBura(m): 2:15am On Mar 26
0x00:
You are in Nigeria bro, this issues have existed before both of us were born, so it was for you to quickly find an alternative at that point, go to a hotel lobby, restaurant and buy the smallest item, call a friend or family that normal has electricity backup at that point. It will take alot more time to solve our electrical problems, but you have to move on with your life regardless before that happens.

Sorry about that nonetheless, better luck and preparation next time.

Thanks for telling him this.

OP, if all you do is to give up on slightest obstacle instead of navigating round it, then you can't achieve any greatness in this life even if they put you in the US or UK or any of the advance countries. Challenges will always crop your way to stop, slow or toughen you, success is what you do when such arise, in this case you just sat and hope for the best instead of seeking solution to the power issue.

You did yourself Bro, hope you have learned a lesson or two from this thread of lamentation

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by BigIyanga: 3:45am On Mar 26
Chigozirim19:
I lost my internship yesterday due to no electricity in my area. I was given a task to do on react.js and was ask to push to GitHub and deploy the app, the deadline was 11:59pm I was already done by 7pm but as soon as I am about to push to GitHub after fixing the bug and everything, the NEPA size the light I waited till 11:30pm just to push my code still they didn't bring it, all my research and everything became a wasted effort. Am heart broken 💔 right now😭 what have we done to deserve this (Nigerian's), it's like if you're a Nigerian you are destined to suffer. Our own government can't give us the citizens 24 hours electricity, its like you hustling to become somebody in future, the country is pulling you down, I hate this country right now.😡😡😡😭😭😭
You actually allowed this to happen to you..you were well aware of deadline and NEPA… you should have had some plan B options…

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by advanceDNA: 4:05am On Mar 26
Chigozirim19:

U were done by 7pm? Only thing remaining is to push your code?
I don't get ....why will u leave the odds of ur success in the hands of NEPA when u knew the deadline was 11:59pm same day??

As in ..NEPA wey everybody knows say na werey....??

Guy stop blaming NEPA for u own fvck up...

I wanted to say ur story is fake...but I've seen someone do something crazier than this...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Originalsly: 4:10am On Mar 26
Didn't you know you can't depend on NEPA? What was your Plan B? Situations like these will always pop up in life. ... you had no Plan B for electricity... do you have a Plan B if your laptop goes down? .... do you even back up your projects? ... need Plan B in almost everything in life... have a gf.... must have a side chick. More important ... is this how you handle disappointments? I just hope there's no sniper around your home.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Formularcr7: 4:27am On Mar 26
Better luck next time, na village people,even NEPA official won't wait for light in that situation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by huptin(m): 6:10am On Mar 26
What kind of laptop are you using that does not have a battery?

Or is It the modem? What exactly do you need Nepa for?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by FunnyDude(m): 7:40am On Mar 26
Lol if you can't find anyone using an generator or solar around your area, you're in wrong location. Change it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by SocialJustice: 8:03am On Mar 26
Blame yourself

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by helinues: 8:12am On Mar 26
Do Nigerians still rely on NEPA?

Why relying on NEPA. Admit it's your fault

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Korectmann: 8:14am On Mar 26
helinues:
Do Nigerians still rely on NEPA?

Why relying on NEPA. Admit it's your fault
Have you travelled out of south west before?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Mindlog: 8:55am On Mar 26
Based on Nigeria's reality when it comes to power supply, you self-sabotaged the internship opportunity.

Next time, make alternative arrangement that would guarantee power supply when yours is off.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by worldclass68(m): 9:12am On Mar 26
So u cannot find person wey on gen for ur area.?? Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Jman06(m): 9:21am On Mar 26
Are there no barbing saloon, cyber cafe, hotels or any generator user around

Op, I think you contributed to losing the internship.

If I were in your shoes, I know that I'll look for electricity wherever I can find it provided I complete the task.

Better luck next time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by SisterAnn(f): 9:32am On Mar 26
Korectmann:
Have you travelled out of south west before?
Leave helinues alone. She belongs to prigidypogodo. There are still a million and one girls on NL searching for love you can hook up with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by SisterAnn(f): 9:35am On Mar 26
Op, why do I have this feeling you are just catching cruise, like seriously! You lost this opportunity just because of NEPA?

Someone please help with the meme of a man flogging another with a big stick.
Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Csami(m): 10:04am On Mar 26
Dude, it’s your fault. You no sabi your country ni?

Btw, Pushing your codebase to git doesn’t even take more than 2mins.

You dey find excuse jor!
Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Prigidypogodo(f): 10:16am On Mar 26
SisterAnn:
Leave helinues alone. She belongs to prigidypogodo. There are still a million and one girls on NL searching for love you can hook up with.
thank you my sister
helinues is mine forever

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by richie240: 10:27am On Mar 26
I hope u are not one of the rodents daily insulting and cursing nigeria 247 only to expect blessings in return?

If not I say sorry for ur loss, but if yes, I withdraw my sorry

Chigozirim19:
I lost my internship yesterday due to no electricity in my area. I was given a task to do on react.js and was ask to push to GitHub and deploy the app, the deadline was 11:59pm I was already done by 7pm but as soon as I am about to push to GitHub after fixing the bug and everything, the NEPA size the light I waited till 11:30pm just to push my code still they didn't bring it, all my research and everything became a wasted effort. Am heart broken 💔 right now😭 what have we done to deserve this (Nigerian's), it's like if you're a Nigerian you are destined to suffer. Our own government can't give us the citizens 24 hours electricity, its like you hustling to become somebody in future, the country is pulling you down, I hate this country right now. 😡😡😡😭😭😭

Modified
@bolded: just seeing this.
I withdraw my sorry!

No 'sorry' to waste on those who wish evil on nigeria/nigerians!
cool

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Korectmann: 11:03am On Mar 26
SisterAnn:
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by SisterAnn(f): 12:18pm On Mar 26
Prigidypogodo:
thank you my sister
helinues is mine forever
Forever and ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by SisterAnn(f): 12:19pm On Mar 26
Korectmann:
grin grin
Don't say you were not warned. Hope you have not spent too much on her already.
Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by chinchum(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26
You have yourself to blame for the most part.

If it was truly important, you will create a way, considering you were aware you had no alternative power source. In all you said, you did not state your alternative power source failed.

If you want to be a true achiever, you must learn to be self critical and take destiny in to your hands and not blame "NEPA".

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Electricity Made Me Lose My Internship Yesterday by Obagreatdatoye(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26
Next time ....for such a deadline like that don't wait for nepa...go out to look for where they on gen in your area...and charge. You can always look out for bars, eateries, barber shop and light conscious neighbors around.

You can even buy extra...laptop battery...to make you longer then 3hrs...

(1) (Reply)

Video: Tinubu Is Promoting Hardship And Unhappiness To Please IMF..Femi Falana / Present Government Song / Gov. Fashola And Third Mainland Bridge:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.