Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

War Of The Platforms - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / War Of The Platforms (707 Views)

BBM To All Platforms = unlimited BIS? / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms / Glo BB Bis Browsing On Other Platforms. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Of The Platforms by zsch: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2011
Android vs. IOS vs. Windows phone vs. RIM vs. Symbian vs. Bada'

Comparing platforms as shown by numerous Online reviewers is mostly counter-productive as platforms are designed to cater to some aspects more than others (e.g. Gaming, social networking, business, security etc).
This thread requires USER'S REVIEW/OPINION (no fanboy thoughts pls) on each platforms (i.e you must have used/still using a device running any of the platforms to comment). This would help people (including me) to decide on next platform to move unto.

Ps: you should also state your device (display quality, battery life especially). As phone company may tweak the platforms to conform to certain patterns

Thanks. Look forward to constructive criticism and objective Pros and Cons
Re: War Of The Platforms by Ossaifamous(m): 12:04am On Nov 17, 2011
have used rim budget phone and told you it was nice ,have also used symbian phones 5800, N85 and c5-03 which were decent phones apart from the last one
the c5-03 was a very weak device
now am using a small android phone Lg p500 and am loving it though ,would like to buy a better android phone
I believe EACH PLATFORM HAS ITS OWN USEFULNESS
Re: War Of The Platforms by achinu(m): 4:19am On Nov 17, 2011
Each platform has its PROS & CONS, ultimately the user needs will determine which OS fits their need the best,
Re: War Of The Platforms by LordReed(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
I have used Nokia 6630 and N81 (Symbian), Acer X960 (Windows), BB Torch 9800 (BBOS6).

The Nokia's where pretty ok but because of their limited memory capacity and low end processors multitasking was not very smooth. Since they came in the era of phones not having html capabilities browsing wasn't a pleasurable experience just barely adequate for retrieving mail. Overall good phones but not in the league of today's smartphones.

The Acer was running WinMo6 I decided to buy it to get a taste of the WinMo experience and I tell you I almost regretted it. WinMo6 is just passable as a smartphone OS. There was almost no multitasking because sometimes a program I am running would close just because I received a call. There was no java support so I was severely limited in program selection. Because of WinMo6 I am very skeptical of buying a WinMo7 phone Microsoft has left me a bad aftertaste where phones are concerned.

The Blackberry I got after much trepidation in fact I wanted to buy a Curve but bought the Acer instead. When I got the Blackberry I was like ok family and friends on BBM and that would be it but immediately I started browsing on the internet I was hooked. Browsing on the Torch is one of my best mobile experiences. Because of the BIS plan an information I wanted was mine for the asking. Multitasking is pretty ok however with 5 programs running constantly in the background you can get bogged down quickly, at least I can open up to 15 tabs in my opera and not feel a performance hit. All in all the Torch is a decent phone but it has been superseded by better phones.

My next phone is going to be the Samsung Galaxy SII or any other comparable Android phone. As aside I haven't personally owned an iphone but I have used it on occasion. It has quite a nice OS and a great browsing experience, a good phone to have but too restritive for my taste. When they start using memcards and do away with the itunes shackles I might consider it.

(1) (Reply)

Google Changes Their Store To Google Play. / Ipad Mini Said To Debut In October / Make Your Phone And Tablet Battery Last Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.